Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

pacerhimself posted:

It's actually one shot kills and not longshots. I've been using the ZRG because I want to level it.

OOoooooh, that makes sense.

I have a tendency to unlock stuff, then never use it. But it feels good to make the bar move towards completion.

What's the goon think on the Ppsh sub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I like it.

I'd also like to play CW with people, but nobody seems to play it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Captain Log posted:

I have a tendency to unlock stuff, then never use it. But it feels good to make the bar move towards completion.

I’m still leveling it so don’t have the good attachments yet but the thing is awesome. I’m usually not a sub (hehe) but I love this thing.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Every kill cam I've seen it in is insane

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I used the double XP weekend to get it to around level thirty. I'm enjoying it, but nothing could replace the LC10 as my main sub gun. That thing rips.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I changed my FOV from 80 to 100 and it made such a dramatic difference in how the movement feels in this game. I went from feeling like I was running through sand dunes to feeling like I was zipping around easily. Is that normal for an FPS?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yes. Max fov always on competitive shooters imo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

threeagainstfour posted:

I changed my FOV from 80 to 100 and it made such a dramatic difference in how the movement feels in this game. I went from feeling like I was running through sand dunes to feeling like I was zipping around easily. Is that normal for an FPS?

Yup, check out any quake 3 frag vid and how ridiculous the fish eye effect is. Also make sure your ADS setting is 'affected' once you max out your FOV.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I just discovered that there’s a solo zombies mode and it tracks progress on weapons xp and battle pass. Now I don’t have to wait 20 mins to find a round only to immediately disconnect or get stuck on a loading screen between rounds to of outbreak. Very nice being able to level guns with no interruptions.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Captain Log posted:

I'm really enjoying it. I barely have unlocked any attachments and it is a beast in face off

Was able to get a 10 kill streak with it the other day https://streamable.com/zpgvr9

Theophany posted:

Yup, check out any quake 3 frag vid and how ridiculous the fish eye effect is. Also make sure your ADS setting is 'affected' once you max out your FOV.

Thanks, I'll try that setting out!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

mrking posted:

I just discovered that there’s a solo zombies mode and it tracks progress on weapons xp and battle pass. Now I don’t have to wait 20 mins to find a round only to immediately disconnect or get stuck on a loading screen between rounds to of outbreak. Very nice being able to level guns with no interruptions.

I just found this out in the other thread too. Because of a Purple Paisley gun skin, this is very important.

threeagainstfour posted:

I'm really enjoying it. I barely have unlocked any attachments and it is a beast in face off

Was able to get a 10 kill streak with it the other day https://streamable.com/zpgvr9

Nice. I'm enjoying the feel if it, but I don't think it can hold a candle to my LC10 rig. It's one of the few weapons I have an actual positive K/D using!

I'll be God damned, after using the tracker my career K/D is .91! Better than expected!

It's not totally accurate, because half the time I'm doing dumb rear end objectives and unlocks, which involves some abyssal scores. I'm looking at you, 150 Crossbow Elimination challenge this season. I'm at 100 and getting the knack, but you're double hosed after that first shot.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I've been playing the campaign mode and feel like it's very good this year, but I havent played through one to the end since the first Blops. theres no way to make one of these games without it being propaganda for the CIA, but it is nice that a main recurring plot point is that the cia continuously fucks up and doesn't get the job done, and that Mason and Woods are complete dumbasses who are good at murdering people but not much else

listening to the new series of Blowback while playing through this is interesting too. would love a mission where the cia repeatedly tries to kill castro but continues to trip over it's own dick face first into a dog turd. do the kremlin sneak mission but putting estrogen into castros coffee so his beard falls off and people dont think he's masculine

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I managed to grind out the last fifty crossbow kills for the "Kill 150 With Special Weapons" challenge. Time to never use it again.

I cannot figure it out at range worth a God drat.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

John Romero posted:

I've been playing the campaign mode and feel like it's very good this year, but I havent played through one to the end since the first Blops. theres no way to make one of these games without it being propaganda for the CIA, but it is nice that a main recurring plot point is that the cia continuously fucks up and doesn't get the job done, and that Mason and Woods are complete dumbasses who are good at murdering people but not much else

listening to the new series of Blowback while playing through this is interesting too. would love a mission where the cia repeatedly tries to kill castro but continues to trip over it's own dick face first into a dog turd. do the kremlin sneak mission but putting estrogen into castros coffee so his beard falls off and people dont think he's masculine

The campaign is worth the ride up until the ending where, depending on your choice, is either the most bold or by the numbers ending you've seen in this franchise for a while. You can play both back to back by just going back to the menu afterwards but, completely spoiler free, go with lying.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

HebrewMagic posted:

The campaign is worth the ride up until the ending where, depending on your choice, is either the most bold or by the numbers ending you've seen in this franchise for a while. You can play both back to back by just going back to the menu afterwards but, completely spoiler free, go with lying.

boy you weren’t kidding

what the gently caress is dead ops, what did I just do for a half an hour, how could this give me multiplayer xp

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

HebrewMagic posted:

Nice, I completely forgot to give that a go. Wow.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
dead ops is the 'arcade' zombies. everything is one xp now; cold blops mp / zombies / warzone.
also battlepass

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

ah

man they really don’t do any onboarding in multi

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I mean it's tdm or some variation of it. You choose a load out and shoot mans. Not much to teach.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If you just play mp, the onboarding is unlocking weapons and perks

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Zwille posted:

Nice, I completely forgot to give that a go. Wow.

I really like that if you go with the Truth ending the game chastises if you skipped the two side missions whereas the Lie route commends you for not killing your own agents.

After the singleplayer story I'm really appreciating that the Multiplayer/Season story so far is just Adler repeatedly getting his rear end kicked. Dude looks rougher than dogshit in the Season 3 opening trailer. Hopefully the season ends with Stitch and company just dumping his body in the ocean or something.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

The whole multi story and levels make me feel like I missed half of the single player game - but I only skipped one side mission because I didn’t find all the clues or something.

The truth ending felt really lackluster, like what, that’s it? Admittedly the other ending was similarly short but so much more interesting than place a bomb and that’s it. I was mad tho that the lie ending didn’t do more with Chernobyl but then again I just realized in 1984 that didn’t have happened yet so :v: also that Perseus isn’t playable is kind of weird.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Single Player - I wish there was an in game notepad or something. I don't like having to use actual pen and paper to remember clue poo poo, but I think the whole "solve poo poo" thing is pretty inventive.

Multiplayer - Did the FARA get a buff? I see more people running around with it. Right now, I'm trying to play all the tac rifles, subguns, and ARs to max level. The most painful one I've touched so far has been the FFAR. Holy gently caress, that thing is a mess.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Never get tired of the call of duty post game chat paradox.

If you play reasonably well and win, you’re sweaty and certainly an obese nerd.

If you lose you’re trash and should uninstall the game.

Those who simply say gg and move on to the next game have ascended and achieved COD nirvana.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

threeagainstfour posted:

Never get tired of the call of duty post game chat paradox.

If you play reasonably well and win, you’re sweaty and certainly an obese nerd.

If you lose you’re trash and should uninstall the game.

Those who simply say gg and move on to the next game have ascended and achieved COD nirvana.

MW19 was the first COD I played since Blops 1 on 360. The first game I got into there were two guys were yelling racial slurs at each other. I've had voice chat on permanent mute since then and never looked back.

I'm sure I've missed out on the occasional cool person or funny conversation but I don't think I'll ever unmute the chat.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
First launch always gets in game voice muted in cod for me since... mw2?
Miffed that they patched in annoying red text in coldblops that notifies me at all times that I have it killed.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I unmute my teammates if I play Dirty Bomb, although they're often micless or are in party chat.

In some ridiculously rare instances, I have actually had pleasant lobbies. Similarly, I am surprised at the number of times someone has said "good poo poo" or "whoa nice shot" or even overheard laughing when my opponent wins/loses a gunfight in Yakkity Sax fashion. People actually having fun playing the game. Really loving weird folks.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I always see the voice chat icon going off, but I play the game at night with the volume turned way down. Listening to three hours of gunshots gets old.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Prowler posted:

I unmute my teammates if I play Dirty Bomb, although they're often micless or are in party chat.

In some ridiculously rare instances, I have actually had pleasant lobbies. Similarly, I am surprised at the number of times someone has said "good poo poo" or "whoa nice shot" or even overheard laughing when my opponent wins/loses a gunfight in Yakkity Sax fashion. People actually having fun playing the game. Really loving weird folks.

Now that you mention there have actually been a good number of lobbies where people were friendly in the post game chat

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Death mics are one of the best parts of the game and it insane to have them turned off. How else will you know this 12 year old is melting down because you rc-xd'd him for the third time in one match?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

There’s an operator challenge for the Hunter FBI skin where you gotta get five kills with score/kill streaks, I got one of them sometime back but the rest just won’t register, no matter if I use crossbow, RCX, chain gun or turret. Just bugged or am I missing something? It’s number 4/4.

While we’re at it, what’s the best way to get vehicle kills? I’m a total scrub and coast by on being cannon fodder/dropping annoynades in objective modes.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I guess artillery and napalm work based on the comments

https://youtu.be/kuxZzjXQalE

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Huh, I’m pretty sure I tried napalm strikes. Maybe I didn’t have him selected, but good to know, I’ll equip Napalm and artillery then!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

funkmeister posted:

First launch always gets in game voice muted in cod for me since... mw2?
Miffed that they patched in annoying red text in coldblops that notifies me at all times that I have it killed.

You can get around having the red text by leaving voice chat on, but going into the audio settings and setting the volumes to 0 for in/out-going. Make sure out-going is 0, because apparently even if you're on push to talk, death mics will still turn on when you're killed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I'm at the "Get 25 SMG Kills with No Stock Option" for that big body armor skin quest. I've done it with the LC-10 and the Mac-10 and not had a single kill count.

Anyone got that progress bar to move? If so, which gun? Whenever I've encountered this before, it will be some guns randomly don't work while others do. Or a completely different loving class of guns works.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Captain Log posted:

I'm at the "Get 25 SMG Kills with No Stock Option" for that big body armor skin quest. I've done it with the LC-10 and the Mac-10 and not had a single kill count.

Anyone got that progress bar to move? If so, which gun? Whenever I've encountered this before, it will be some guns randomly don't work while others do. Or a completely different loving class of guns works.

Are you actually using the 'No Stock' item in the stock slot of the loadout or are you just using the default stock?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah there is a stubby “no stock” attachment you have to use

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
That's precisely what I did - No Stock option. No luck.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WqMgcKUIuA

Appears to be tracking for the guy who does these videos. He usually includes if they're not tracking or not on the videos.

Ah, from the comments:

quote:

The reason why it doesn’t register is because you CANNOT use battlepass guns and like dlc guns, you have to use base guns that came with the game otherwise it won’t work, so like the ak74 u and the mp5 work, but Mac 10 doesn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Is anyone playing regular multiplayer on PS4/5 with any sort of regularity? I'd like to pick up a shooter to play, but playing alone is cumbersome.

I don't like Warzone at all.