Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Happy Alex Kirilloff Day everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
(who is probably on your bench)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:smuggo:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

How are the Blue Jays gonna use Nate Pearson this year? Will he be up soon, and will he start? I've got him stashed in several leagues but he's NA now instead of IL. He sounds loving awesome, but only has 18 MLB innings so far, and pitches in the AL East. Is he worth burning a roster spot on until he comes up, or nah?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

The Pussy Boss posted:

How are the Blue Jays gonna use Nate Pearson this year? Will he be up soon, and will he start? I've got him stashed in several leagues but he's NA now instead of IL. He sounds loving awesome, but only has 18 MLB innings so far, and pitches in the AL East. Is he worth burning a roster spot on until he comes up, or nah?

Heading into the season, Pearson was thought to be the #2 starter behind Ryu. I am unsure if that was thought of internally or by the fans, but if you look at the other starters the Jays had, it is not a stretch to think they'd give him a longer leash. Even now, the Jays haven't really hammered down their rotation. Ryu is now injured, Matz and Ray have looked fine, but the other slots are big question marks. As of right now, he's off the IL, but I believe he's just on the alternate site and should be coming to the majors soon.

With that said, I am not really sure what to expect from Pearson. He has been a great prospect, but that doesn't necessarily translate to major league success. Plus, they are probably going to limit is innings, because he's never had a huge workload.

As said, he should be coming up soon, so it's probably worth waiting to see.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Dustin May just left a game clutching his arm. :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

I would assume they want him to start, and I think they need him to start right now. I'm keeping him as a bench stash for the moment.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Man I just completely whiffed on this first baseman the Angels have. Dude wasn't even on my radar. Didn't do my homework I guess.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pearson will be up and starting in a couple weeks, he's ramping up his pitch count currently. I wouldn't be shocked that the team that has had two bullpen days and Ross stripling start this week has him up by next weekend even.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Luis Robert leg injury, not looking good :/

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Schweinhund posted:

Luis Robert leg injury, not looking good :/

Eloy and Robert were two of my keepers too. Dammit

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Eloy and Robert were two of my keepers too. Dammit

The La Russa Karma is too much to overcome.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Who the hell is Matt Beaty??? He's no longer living in a van down by the river!

4-for-6 and 7 RBI (1 HR) for the Dodgers today.

AJ Pollock had 8 RBI, but I've heard of him.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CocoaNuts posted:

Who the hell is Matt Beaty??? He's no longer living in a van down by the river!

4-for-6 and 7 RBI (1 HR) for the Dodgers today.

AJ Pollock had 8 RBI, but I've heard of him.

I find it hilarious that two guys were responsible for hitting in 15 of the 16 runs scored.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I currently am extremely last place in a roto league so I’m getting THOSE kind of trade offers. This one might be ok but I’m leaning no

I get Juan Soto, Domingo German, lindor

I give trea, darvish

14 category league

12 teams

Long season so I’d like to still compete. Wasn’t too much better record wise at this point the year I won it all.

I’m a big Juan Soto guy (they don’t know it) so it’s tempting

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 3, 2021

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

the_american_dream posted:

I currently am extremely last place in a roto league so I’m getting THOSE kind of trade offers. This one might be ok but I’m leaning no

I get Juan Soto, Domingo German, lindor

I give trea, darvish

14 category league

12 teams

Long season so I’d like to still compete. Wasn’t too much better record wise at this point the year I won it all.

I’m a big Juan Soto guy (they don’t know it) so it’s tempting

Without even German in there I would jump all over that offer. Would have mashed accept before the page even fully loaded.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This might be an oversimplification, but most people would say that Lindor and Turner are roughly equal (Lindor is obviously struggling but he's also getting BABIPed). So that's basically a Soto for Darvish trade, and you would surely trade any pitcher in MLB to get Soto.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Yahoo:

Fri, Apr 30
Jean Segura (quad) could be activated from the injured list before the weekend is finished.

Mon, May 3
There had been talk of Segura possibly being activated this past weekend, but obviously that didn't happen.

IT WAS YOU, YOU rear end in a top hat. YOU SAID IT.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Luis Robert has a complete tear of his right hip flexor, not a strain like hoped. Out 12 - 16 weeks.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

jabro posted:

Luis Robert has a complete tear of his right hip flexor, not a strain like hoped. Out 12 - 16 weeks.

Looks like he won't even resume baseball activities for 12 to 16 weeks so that might be it for the regular season.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks guys, made the deal 🤝

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I would've bet money on Luis Robert not being placed on the IL today even though Tony La Russa said he would.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Why isn't Sixto Sanchez on the IL? Dude hasn't played all season.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

General Bullshit posted:

He was optioned to the alternate site.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's cool that Yermin Mercedes has been one of the best hitters in baseball this year and he sits all the loving time lol

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mcmagic posted:

It's cool that Yermin Mercedes has been one of the best hitters in baseball this year and he sits all the loving time lol

Wouldn't you want your boss to give you more time off for doing a great job?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

General Bullshit posted:

He's been taking up a spot on my roster since opening day because I couldn't put him on the IL. It's annoying as hell. But I'm hopeful he'll get healthy enough to start some games before the end of the month.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

He's apparently a really bad first baseman, plus the Sox have Abreu, so I doubt he starts any of these road interleague games. He'll probably pinch hit I guess?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Pussy Boss posted:

He's apparently a really bad first baseman, plus the Sox have Abreu, so I doubt he starts any of these road interleague games. He'll probably pinch hit I guess?

He's a catcher. It's weird they haven't tried him at all back there. He must really be awful.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

yelich back to the DL.................................................

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Schweinhund posted:

yelich back to the DL.................................................

His back is toast.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Guess who started German Marquez today.

This guy!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m dreading this Alex wood start. Couldn’t bench him in espn since the first game already started

Please don’t get shelled :ohdear:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Guess who started German Marquez today.

This guy!

Welcome to the club! On the bright side I don't have to worry about ERA and WHIP this week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

cebrail posted:

Welcome to the club! On the bright side I don't have to worry about ERA and WHIP this week.

It hasn't happened to me this week but it's almost freeing to not have to worry about ratios by Wednesday.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sorry Aguilar owners I picked him up. This ones on me

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Not a good week to have Trivino, Taylor Rogers and Staumont...

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Another no-hitter. This time by Wade Miley.

WADE MILEY!!!

He's a guy who, over the past few seasons, is often sitting there on the waiver wire untouched. Maybe the occasional pick up for a spot start and dropped.

That guy just threw a no-hitter!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CocoaNuts posted:

Another no-hitter. This time by Wade Miley.

WADE MILEY!!!

He's a guy who, over the past few seasons, is often sitting there on the waiver wire untouched. Maybe the occasional pick up for a spot start and dropped.

That guy just threw a no-hitter!

Go check the pitchers who have thrown a no-hitter. He is the average no-hitter pitcher.

jabro fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Jo Adell after 2 games in AAA has: 1 HR, 2 doubles, a SB and 4 strikeouts.