Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mix. posted:

trying to decide between 13 sentinels and the new nier remake (PC version) for which game i want to play next :v:

update: i decided to just do both. will return with thoughts on 13S as i get through some of it. (ive played nier before, so i already know. not much to react to there lol)

edit: i need to stop sniping pages with dumb bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

How about "I'm too white" instead

How about becoming the Phi-Brain instead?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

loving DID IT I FINISHED HOLLOW KNIGHT :woop:

Congrats!

Which ending? :)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

goblin week posted:

hey what the gently caress

it's $100 for digital here (because norway lol) but I got it for $60 in a store, my first physical game in a long time.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

People were talking about Troy Baker last thread and in the most recent podcast episode of PWL (his podcast with Three other video game makers) the composure Austin Wintory was talking about playing his first mortal Kombat game since 3 (11) and mentioned when he heard Troy's voice acting on a character he was like, "goddamn it, of course Troy has to be a character in this game too". Troy responded with "Actually I voiced two characters :smug:". I laughed pretty hard at that.

As for this thread, I'm trying not to buy games and just work on my backlog, but with my newfound love of Subnautica on PS5, as well as Resident Evil (I just download 7 to play for the first time tonight) and wanting to keep up with everyone playing Mass Effect, I may be in for three games this month. At least I got plenty back on my tax return to cover it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm just happy it's something other than Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's.

The keywords for a 12 year old anime fan are: Anime, Visual Novel, and Murder. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder if Returnal will eventually come to Steam. Most Housemarque games started on PS exclusives.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Walla posted:

I'm just happy it's something other than Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's.

The keywords for a 12 year old anime fan are: Anime, Visual Novel, and Murder. :)

I feel like I played Ace Attorney at around that age, and I absolutely loved it. All the crazy characters and exciting stories were just so fantastic!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you want to feel old,

a twelve year old playing ace attorney today will be young enough that many of the meme references in them will probably be unrecognizable

remember the guy who talks in leet speak

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

anime murder mystery VNs for 12 year olds? thats right, i'm recommending raging loop again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Due to travel, it has been two days since I played a video game... how did the pilgrims do it

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Due to travel, it has been two days since I played a video game... how did the pilgrims do it

Ball in a cup doesn't require batteries and had an evolving meta.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

anime murder mystery VNs for 12 year olds? thats right, i'm recommending raging loop again

i've got raging loop, house of fata morgana, and 428 shibuya scramble in my steam cart and now i gotta make decisions

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The pilgrims would have denounced ball-and-cup as heathen indolence

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why does balan wonderworld have grinding ?

How is it always worse every time I hear something new about it?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i've got raging loop, house of fata morgana, and 428 shibuya scramble in my steam cart and now i gotta make decisions
thats a good rear end cart, you cannot go wrong, with any of these

Weedle
May 31, 2006

hello thread. i was going to go to a soccer game tonight but instead my son has thrown up approximately 100000 times. so instead we’re laying on the couch watching his favorite princess movies until he passes out. my team won the match though

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Weedle posted:

hello thread. i was going to go to a soccer game tonight but instead my son has thrown up approximately 100000 times. so instead we’re laying on the couch watching his favorite princess movies until he passes out. my team won the match though

That's a bummer dude. At least karma paid off for ya.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i stayed up all night reading the first chapter of the hashihime of the old book town, that's a fascinating VN. the first four hours is just a bunch of boys flirting with each other and making references to untranslated japanese surrealist literature. didn't realize going in it was going to be yet another time loop story though, vns love that stuff

good cgs, too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like video games that let you play them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I prefer ones that force you to play them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

there are vns that have mechanics, gnosia thats a sick one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if Returnal will eventually come to Steam. Most Housemarque games started on PS exclusives.

Nex machina was not published by sony so it went to steam but resogun and matterfall and alienation were published by sony and didnt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

cheetah7071 posted:

If you want to feel old,

a twelve year old playing ace attorney today will be young enough that many of the meme references in them will probably be unrecognizable

remember the guy who talks in leet speak

Every time I remember Sal Manella I crumble into dust

God, Justice For All was just chock full of them too.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Thinking to myself that it's already been a whole year since Dying Light 2 didn't come out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm playing this little casual weapon shop management sim called "Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!" and hoo boy. The game is trying so hard to be funny and it just isn't.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Astro's Playroom's buster sword ref landed for me

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i’ve eaten at two fancy ramen restaurants in the past two weeks and neither of them was as good as the dollar noodle packets from the asian supermarket. i wrote a poem about it

Expensive noods and fancy brouth
Are oft’ deficient in the mouth.
For a piquant taste you’ll love
Make instant mi chay on the stove.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm playing this little casual weapon shop management sim called "Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!" and hoo boy. The game is trying so hard to be funny and it just isn't.

You know you’re in trouble when FF Tactics makes a more subtle reference to FF7

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well according to my real-time P5R playthrough I guess I'm making shoyu ramen

Shoyu ramen is soy-sauce based. Marinated beef slices in soy sauce, mirin, sake, and sugar for an hour. Browned them in a saucepan with toasted sesame oil until the pan had almost like a paste of browned fat, and set aside the meat. Next, heated minced ginger and garlic until almost starting to brown, stirred in a dab of doubanjiang (spicy red bean paste), let that go for a bit longer, then poured in the water for the broth. Deglazed all the bits from the pan, then added the marinade from the beef, bit of chicken bouillon, plus hondashi powder. (I let this boil for like 5 minutes to be safe lol). Boiled and plated the noodles, poured the broth. Topped with broccoli, sliced scallion, kimchi, daikon sprouts, nori, beef, egg, and Japanese seven-spice.

The broth was really good... kinda smoky from the toasted sesame oil, feels right for "deep flavor"

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 2, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whether it's good or not is up to personal taste, but I think Othercide has one of the most fitting soundtracks for any game I've played in ages.

It is oozing with Linkin Park energy.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I can't tell if that's a recommendation or not.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dioxazine posted:

I can't tell if that's a recommendation or not.

Depends on your love of edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbBjVQ-M1vQ

The instrumental songs are great too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVE5nZdkpKw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Can't wait for 2000s nostalgia to sweep through the culture

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Can't wait for 2000s nostalgia to sweep through the culture

It's happening

Teens now post memes about being jealous of scene kids who got to be scene kids when it was at it's least embarrassing.

Detroit rock city took place in 78 and came out in 99 if it were made this year it would be about a group of people going to warped tour to see green day and the black eyed peas (I want to know why the black eyed peas played exactly 1 date of warped tour 2000 and it was in Minnesota of all places)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought and started pokemon snap and i gotta say this is very chill and cute :unsmith:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

i bought and started pokemon snap and i gotta say this is very chill and cute :unsmith:

I was playing pokemon snap earlier and man. just felt like a kid again

just like, jumping in my seat at all the cool pokemon I can take pictures of

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Arzaac posted:

I was playing pokemon snap earlier and man. just felt like a kid again

just like, jumping in my seat at all the cool pokemon I can take pictures of

i was very tired today after eating too much and playing 4 hours of dnd and getting my 2nd vaccine shot yesterday, so my brain was in full derp mode, but this game is kinda perfect to just veg out with. had a big dumb smile on my face the whole time. can't wait to see more pokemon

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

It seems neat but 60$ uhhhhhhhh, especially having just bought Rise and Nier and Nocturne comes out this month too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's a solid contender for my game of the year and would be worth it at twice the price with half as much content, because the quality is just that high