Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kemono Jihen will not be slandered in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kemono Jihen smells like boogers

Also I want more Jujutsu Kaisen now.:smith:

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I liked both MHA and JJK. Both shows are well animated and both shows have fun characters. They are also shonen type shows without necessarily being too derivative. They have just enough twists and turns in the story and character arcs to keep it fresh imo

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Speaking of don't forget Jujutsu has a manga thread now!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960719&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

I've been reading it since the anime ended and it's been real good!

I only just started watching this a week ago but a day after I finished I went straight out and bought some of the manga. I was a little surprised how compact the story feels on paper but it's nice to go over the story again. I don't know if they get translated but I really like the pages where the author makes a cursory attempt to explain some of the in-universe mechanics.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
OST is up

https://open.spotify.com/album/0KN5fAN1RbcaVOhgAxFUtE

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The fact it doesnt have any of the openings or outros is a tragedy

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The fact it doesnt have any of the openings or outros is a tragedy

The first opening and ending songs are already on Spotify at least.

Eve - Kaikai Kitan
ALI - Lost in Paradise

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nanami's full theme Holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35mzLOGiEw

(meaning the one used on this scene, track name is "7:3" on the OST)

It didn't need to go as hard as it did, but I'm sure loving glad it did. :peanut::rock::dance:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Mons Hubris posted:

The first opening and ending songs are already on Spotify at least.

Eve - Kaikai Kitan
ALI - Lost in Paradise

Every OP and ED for JJ were on Spotify and Apple Music long before today.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4dP2W0dgJAhvY1K7Yww0FH?si=KnECXkTUSPGSzmK7Lnmg0g

https://open.spotify.com/track/65lzU29K7uXLHxJNI70d4Z?si=xs8ojvHARL-J3ZTbN9rv7w

https://open.spotify.com/track/2gSkvrwfCXCgqeugzezn97?si=3WUoECiKSOSupDthX7c1YA

https://open.spotify.com/track/7kRKlFCFLAUwt43HWtauhX?si=thaCxHrBQnKbk8uQI3amgw

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 21, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think they got some titles slightly mixed up or maybe some misunderstanding? Anyway Gojo vs. Jogo is called "The Scariest" and not "Your Battle is My Battle" on the album

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

I think they got some titles slightly mixed up or maybe some misunderstanding? Anyway Gojo vs. Jogo is called "The Scariest" and not "Your Battle is My Battle" on the album

It seems so, the tracks times are swapped. They hosed up publishing the album with Life twice(once as “the beginning” and another as life) and the track titles are swapped by one number.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 21, 2021

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Thanks for this, I kept looking but didn't see it among all the fan playlists.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I am going to find the person (who doesn't have a 530,000 IQ) that decided to switch the ED away from Lost in Paradise and fighting them. That song is a freaking bop.

Umpire Weekend
Apr 10, 2006

I backed my car into a cop car the other day
Well he just drove off sometimes life's OK

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the first two episodes both contrive reasons for the adult protagonist to expose himself to children. once is weird (in context it's him showing that he's a tanuki because he has a tail), then it happens again and specifically cracks a joke about his balls
it's very funny to watch a show explicitly about Japanese folklore and then not apparently know one of the most basic thing about the most well known supernatural creatures in Japanese folklore and get mad about it for really no reason in a completely different thread.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Umpire Weekend posted:

it's very funny to watch a show explicitly about Japanese folklore and then not apparently know one of the most basic thing about the most well known supernatural creatures in Japanese folklore and get mad about it for really no reason in a completely different thread.

i know about tanuki balls. it doesn't really change anything about how badly it comes off

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vanderdeath posted:

I am going to find the person (who doesn't have a 530,000 IQ) that decided to switch the ED away from Lost in Paradise and fighting them. That song is a freaking bop.
I liked the 2nd ED, but I do agree that Lost in Paradise is just delicious audio goodness made song.

Umpire Weekend
Apr 10, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i know about tanuki balls. it doesn't really change anything about how badly it comes off
hmm, well most people didn't seem to have any problem with it because the context was not at all sexual. It's kind of weirder to read something 'obscene' into a mooning, you do know that they show bare asses in PG-13 movies, right? Not all nudity has anything to do with sex, sometimes it's just nudity. Reading in a pedophiliac context when there's nothing in the text to support it just makes you seem kinda weird

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Umpire Weekend posted:

hmm, well most people didn't seem to have any problem with it because the context was not at all sexual. It's kind of weirder to read something 'obscene' into a mooning, you do know that they show bare asses in PG-13 movies, right? Not all nudity has anything to do with sex, sometimes it's just nudity. Reading in a pedophiliac context when there's nothing in the text to support it just makes you seem kinda weird

personally i think it's weirder to defend a show where a guy off-the-books adopts an unwanted child, fixates on his BO, and wins his trust by going "let me show you my rear end" and then continues to make off-color gags about the kid noticing his genitals, but you do you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 1, 2021

Umpire Weekend
Apr 10, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

personally i think it's weirder to defend a show where a guy off-the-books adopts an unwanted child, fixates on his BO, and wins his trust by going "let me show you my rear end" and then continues to make off-color gags about the kid noticing his genitals, but you do do
nice meltdown

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Umpire Weekend posted:

nice meltdown

i was happy to drop this after explaining myself, you're the one who got mad about it weeks later

Umpire Weekend
Apr 10, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i was happy to drop this after explaining myself, you're the one who got mad about it weeks later
I was not here 'weeks ago', I don't read these forums often anymore because the only people left are weirdos such as yourself so I didn't see it until today, that's how forums work.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

Kemono Jihen will not be slandered in this thread.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

personally i think it's weirder to defend a show where a guy off-the-books adopts an unwanted child, fixates on his BO, and wins his trust by going "let me show you my rear end" and then continues to make off-color gags about the kid noticing his genitals, but you do you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Exaggerating claims of peverseness about a show to win an argument is a lovely thing to do. It slanders all of the people who worked on producing that media and the fans who watch it. For christ's sake, the manga runs in a shonen magazine.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The soundtrack has been taken off of Spotify for some godforsaken reason

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

CharlestonJew posted:

The soundtrack has been taken off of Spotify for some godforsaken reason

Cause as said before they hosed up loading the tracks, there are duplicates and missing songs in the previous upload.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also some names appear to be fucky/repeated, too.

Here's hoping I get the CD's soon. :shobon:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
i like this show, it just takes the parts of naruto and bleach i like and shoves them together

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I liked the 2nd ED, but I do agree that Lost in Paradise is just delicious audio goodness made song.

Unfortunately, we're probably not going to get any more audio content from ALI for a while (if ever) after their drummer got caught defrauding grannies.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Unfortunately, we're probably not going to get any more audio content from ALI for a while (if ever) after their drummer got caught defrauding grannies.

What usually happens with stuff like this in Japan is they kick out the drummer, the rest of the band denounces them and their actions in a public statement, make a donation to a relevant charity then go back to making music/money within a year if they're lucky.

The drummer will likely never work again though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So is the soundtrack ever gonna be put back up on Spotify?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

So is the soundtrack ever gonna be put back up on Spotify?

The firm that has the publishing rights is currently reuploading the album after cocking the first upload. It will take some time to fix the Spotify cdn, it’s kinda rare to have several tracks wrong or damaged in the same disc

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Update on the ost

https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/status/1390962193131311106

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'll just make do with the Remember music video until then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z4xJ6Is0zQ

Such a good song.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
In other spotify tracks being nuked news ....

http://twitter.com/AniPlaylist/status/1393495532027400193

ALI is getting memoryholed, so you might want to find other venues to listen to lost in paradise.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jesus, it was just the drummer. Fire the guy and replace him.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Japan is still pretty conservative + ruthless about controversies of this type (and about a shitload of other things, but let's not get bogged down because of that rn).

Also as a reminder:
  • When the singer of Jinkaku Radio talked some mild smack about Yui Horie (Chie in Persona 4, Hanekawa in the Monogatari series, Wiz in KonoSuba, shitloads of other things because she's 44 and has been active since she's 23 :cmon:) they got shitlisted for a couple of years.
  • Ai Takabe got arrested because she (allegedly) had the slightest bit of cocaine in her person and 11-year career was over because of that.
Of course, the drummer from ALI was running a fraudulent-rear end scam, so it's not completely unwarranted that he get shitcanned. Still, at least it wasn't anything as ghoulish as Ian Watkins. :yikes:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was also that thing where one of the actors in the videogame Judgment got caught doing drugs they pulled the game from shelves and recast the character. Which involved redoing the character model since it was based on the actor.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
my favorite thing is the ALI drummer got arrested again recently because of a second entirely different fraud scam

dude fuckin loves fraud

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
get all of the jokes out of your system about me sharing a screenname with the guy who died in a really tragic manner out of the way right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
The publisher seems to have it fixed on everything but Spotify

https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/status/1393327598932004873

Apple music should have it working now