Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gonna be people coming around to the Naxalite approach to dealing with police raids if this gets out or becomes widespread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Sound bars are bullshit. Remember when TVs had decent stereo speakers right in them?

The upside to this is that kijiji etc has just an amazing glut of excellent speakers and amps that people are pretty much giving away because, bluetooth soundbar. It's amazing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Business Gorillas posted:

Wondering what being pro-nuremburg has to do with vaccines

it's not a reference to the Nuremberg Trials, but rather to some other thing called the Nuremberg Code, which is apparently a set of ethical principles regarding medical experimentation

it's trying to apply a veneer of legalism and authority to the saying "I'm not anti-vaxx, I just don't to be experimented on!"

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

apatheticman posted:

Your unironic congratulatory messages of vaccination are both adorable and productive.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/the_hindu/status/1388870912506793985

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

RedQueen posted:

Among mRNA vaccinated people the R0 will be way less than 1. It will not sustain transmission among them. That includes wild type and the currently known variants

(this for some reason is an extremely unpopular idea in this thread despite quite a bit of data showing it's holding true)

even if that's true, there's literally 0 downside to requiring masks for a little longer, since not everyone is getting vaccinated

there is not one single anti-vaxx person who is still going to wear a mask once the vaxxers take theirs all off, they're just gonna say oh i left my card at home or give you a fake one

it's not an unpopular opinion to say the vaccines are effective, it's unpopular to say that their effectiveness is enough to control the epidemic on their own, given the rates of vaccination, availability and everything else we know about human behavior

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Went out for the first time in more than a year on Friday. Took my girl to a restaurant that we both like. We're both vaxxed and we wore masks in and sat outside away from other diners, but there were a hell of a lot of people who were happily dining maskless indoors. It was nice to get out, but we got nervous and boxed up our dinners and left earlier than we would have. Spent the rest of the weekend watching stupid tv and hanging out in our underwear.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lynchings still happen with some frequency in India.

Wouldn’t be surprised if cops get strung up for this at some point.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Here is a BJP stooge being run out of a hospital.

https://twitter.com/Mumbaikhabar9/status/1388198625017163776

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

reminder that a chinese rocket is currently falling to earth with a trajectory we cannot predict

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Yuck, getting the kids in the car and the person parked next to us is smoking, bleh. I'm glad covid-19 doesn't spread like that.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

Went out for the first time in more than a year on Friday. Took my girl to a restaurant that we both like. We're both vaxxed and we wore masks in and sat outside away from other diners, but there were a hell of a lot of people who were happily dining maskless indoors. It was nice to get out, but we got nervous and boxed up our dinners and left earlier than we would have. Spent the rest of the weekend watching stupid tv and hanging out in our underwear.

I can recommend you a good therapist

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Imagine being a cop and following this order.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Lynchings still happen with some frequency in India.

Wouldn’t be surprised if cops get strung up for this at some point.

The wildest story is about the "cow vigilantes"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ians_india/status/1388723228843995136

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

tired: arresting people for feeding the hungry
wired: arresting people for giving air to the suffocating

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

VectorSigma posted:

If people didn't want to suffocate they shouldn't have been poor

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

given available data, i declare carbon-based life to be a failure

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

given available data, i declare carbon-based life to be a failure

gently caress you, worms doing great.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

gently caress you, worms doing great.

I am pro worm and take no pleasure in reporting this:

""Global worming: are earthworms contributing to climate change? | Carbon Brief" posted:

It may not be all about us humans – earthworms could be contributing to climate change too, according to a new study. What’s more, the research warns worm populations are set to boom in the next few decades. So should we be worrying about worm-induced warming?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

edit: dune was a documentary

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

genericnick posted:

I am pro worm and take no pleasure in reporting this:

global worming

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

Remember how rich local liberals in the US would always flip when "Food not Bombs" feeds homeless people in the area?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i can be fairly sure that worm civilization will promptly destroy itself in a banana bomb holocaust

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

VectorSigma posted:

i can be fairly sure that worm civilization will promptly destroy itself in a banana bomb holocaust

That or a swarm of concrete donkeys

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

not wearing masks has now become your patriotic duty, citizen

---

Dr. Jonathan Reiner, CNN medical analyst and professor of medicine and surgery at George Washington University, said on "Inside Politics Sunday" that he thinks the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been too cautious when it comes to its guidelines.

“They’ve been both very competent since the new administration took over and very cautious,” Reiner said of the CDC. “And I think too cautious.”

Reiner said that there was no one more stringent about masks than he was for the first 12 months of the pandemic, but now he can say “with certainty” that if someone is fully vaccinated then they are very well immune, no longer need masks in public and can go into places without masks.

“It’s time for the CDC to start embracing this kind of bifurcated strategy and perhaps giving the unvaccinated a hint of what life can be like if they become vaccinated,” he said.

Reiner added that getting vaccinated is a "patriotic duty."

“That’s really the message. And the message to the public is yes, if you get vaccinated, you will not die from this virus, you will not transmit the virus to someone either you love or just a random stranger,” Reiner said.

“That is your patriotic duty. Your patriotic duty now is really no longer to wear a mask if you’ve already done your patriotic duty, which is to get vaccinated.”

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

cold blooded as gently caress

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lansdowne posted:

---

Dr. Jonathan Reiner, CNN medical analyst and professor of medicine and surgery at George Washington University, said on "Inside Politics Sunday" that he thinks the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been too cautious when it comes to its guidelines.

“They’ve been both very competent since the new administration took over and very cautious,” Reiner said of the CDC. “And I think too cautious.”

Reiner said that there was no one more stringent about masks than he was for the first 12 months of the pandemic, but now he can say “with certainty” that if someone is fully vaccinated then they are very well immune, no longer need masks in public and can go into places without masks.

“It’s time for the CDC to start embracing this kind of bifurcated strategy and perhaps giving the unvaccinated a hint of what life can be like if they become vaccinated,” he said.

“That’s really the message. And the message to the public is yes, if you get vaccinated, you will not die from this virus, you will not transmit the virus to someone either you love or just a random stranger,” Reiner said.

“That is your patriotic duty. Your patriotic duty now is really no longer to wear a mask if you’ve already done your patriotic duty, which is to get vaccinated.”

As the "Opening everything" continues under the Sleepy Joe admin and the media suddenly changes it turn since evil scary Trump is no longer around to ruin things?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i am harry posted:

reminder that a chinese rocket is currently falling to earth with a trajectory we cannot predict

lol

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

humming the battle hymn of the republic as I march into applebees unmasked to eat microwaved irresistabowls

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Goobish posted:

Oh hey maybe I'll read some CNN for a minute for some shits and giggless...

"Just like people did the vaccine selfie, I think we need to have selfies of people now going to bars and restaurants with other vaccinated people to show what a return to 2019 pre-pandemic life could really look like," some health official reporting to CNN.

Ok going back to getting all my news from the health officials here in CSPAM.

Yeah, all the people not getting vaccines at this point definitely aren't just pretending COVID doesn't exist and haven't been acting like it was 2019 since last summer at the latest. Yep.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Lansdowne posted:

humming the battle hymn of the republic as I march into applebees unmasked to eat microwaved irresistabowls

:zpatriot:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Goobish posted:

Oh hey maybe I'll read some CNN for a minute for some shits and giggless...

"Just like people did the vaccine selfie, I think we need to have selfies of people now going to bars and restaurants with other vaccinated people to show what a return to 2019 pre-pandemic life could really look like," some health official reporting to CNN.

Ok going back to getting all my news from the health officials here in CSPAM.

that's just regular selfies!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Bad form, someone needs a struggle session.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i am harry posted:

at what level of community spread do the odds even out that I could die from Covid or getting smoked by rogue space debris

salient
Jan 2, 2021

Lansdowne posted:

can't imagine the amount of disconnect needed to think covid hasn't always been over for the population that makes being unvaccinated part of their identity

quote:

Jonathan S. Reiner, MD is board-certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, and interventional cardiology. Dr. Reiner specializes in interventional cardiology, cardiac catheterization, and heart attack treatment.

also love how any random physician with absolutely no public health qualifications is treated like an expert on infectious disease epidemiology in the name of consent manufacturing

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Trying to imagine who these people believe to be the intersection between people who reliably wear masks and people choosing not to get vaccinated.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1388825884199694336?s=20

::sheds a single tear for the economy and only the economy::

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Like there are absolutely people who are homebound or whose jobs make it unable for them to get shots but that's solved by making clinics available for them, not by advocating that we all go to Applebee's for a suck and gently caress post jab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Lansdowne posted:

---

This is the kickoff for formally ending indoor masks everywhere by July 4, right