Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I do think this is Project Moon's "gently caress You" to the fanbase for forcing their hand on it because holy poo poo phases 2 and 4 are just obscenely brutal, phase 4 in particular involving a lot of nasty RNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Probably old news by now but unsure of spoiler policy - is there any effective cheese strat for the first section of Gebura's floor realisation? I am beyond sick of this fight in particular.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

A jargogle posted:

Probably old news by now but unsure of spoiler policy - is there any effective cheese strat for the first section of Gebura's floor realisation? I am beyond sick of this fight in particular.

Just kill Red

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly that fight is obnoxious and beating it came down to mostly luck. I don't think there's a particularly easy way to cheese it, but you can set yourself up pretty well.

The only real trick for the fight is to soup up Gebura, which the #1 strat is to stick Myo's pages speed power on her and let the infinite speed die having +5 carry you. Make sure one of you guys has the Nikolai page, since the marked effect makes everyone hit your target extremely hard. For Gebura, makes sure your using three spears and three level slashes because they'll cover your damage for the whole fight. I ran a single onrush, sturdy defense, and overcome odds because you need draw. The first fight is definitely the hardest part, and it took me half a dozen tries to get through, but you just have to get the wolf low and ease off. Sturdy defense is super good here, since it'll eat up a lot of dice without threatening too much damage, but Hood getting the last hit basically came down to luck more often then not. It seemed worth it to let Hood get hits in on your with her AOE since it'll make her more likely to hit her dice and doesn't do much damage. If hood doesn't get the last hit, just restart since it's painful as hell to actually target her dice and sets you up to gently caress up the second phase since it wants you to burn your strong cards to kill hood fast.

Beware the second phase, since it'll basically punish you for burning down the first phase too quickly, since you need to poo poo out 350 stagger with one of your assistants missing or lose them. Also, if you use gebura's manifest ego in this phase, the wolf can start a solo fight with an assistant and you'll lose the buff for the whole fight.

So yeah, I could never find a cheese strat for the first phase outside of the two giant R-Corp buffs, but once you get past it, fully loaded gebura will basically solo the rest of the realization

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

A jargogle posted:

You can just burn down Wolf and then Red. Red in the Floor Realization is not even remotely as strong as in the Abnormality Battle.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It can be buggy sometimes though, I ended up having to do it twice.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Mersenne posted:

Nah, considering where it fits chronologically, and the fact it fills in one of the biggest narrative holes in the endgame, I'm pretty sure this update was always planned. If anything, I feel like they wanted to save this for the final release where they officially leave early access, but the feedback from last update ended up forcing their hand.

idk, their official line when the first ending dropped was that the fight with the Black Silence WAS the Keter Realization, and it was looking like Keter was just not going to have EGO/Final Abno pages as a result. which was fine but was also something the people involved in the review bombing kept bringing up. Maybe the original plan WAS to push this content out to a DLC + some extra end-game-ish side-content in order to justify it, because as it stands right now it's not like you have any real use for the Abno pages + EGO after getting them.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

KazigluBey posted:

idk, their official line when the first ending dropped was that the fight with the Black Silence WAS the Keter Realization, and it was looking like Keter was just not going to have EGO/Final Abno pages as a result. which was fine but was also something the people involved in the review bombing kept bringing up. Maybe the original plan WAS to push this content out to a DLC + some extra end-game-ish side-content in order to justify it, because as it stands right now it's not like you have any real use for the Abno pages + EGO after getting them.

One of the translators tweeted: "All I will say is that this was not in their initial plans". So I don't think it was planned, or if it was it was scrapped because it was mostly about tying loose ends from Lob Corp rather than be about Angela or Roland.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

You can just burn down Wolf and then Red. Red in the Floor Realization is not even remotely as strong as in the Abnormality Battle.

I did try this once and I think it bugged - Red ended up with a duplicate of the buff healed from almost no health to full and got +8 strength....

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Whoa, and I was really hoping to see his reactions. Kaskozhuk has had a pretty great run of LoR and had consistently fast post-update streams that often ran into pre-nerf/change/fix encounters, which could be very interesting to see as a result. Missed his stream by like a half hour and was in the process of watching the VOD when he pulled it and Twitch glitched the cache'd version for me. Would have loved to hear his takes on why this was such a miss for him...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It’s unlikely that I’ll play Library of Ruina myself, even though I’ll catch TeeQueue’s LP if/when there is one, but I’m morbidly curious. Without spoiling too much about it, why are people mad about the ending? Like, is it hastily done, doesn’t fit the tone of the game, etc.?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

e: whoops

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

KazigluBey posted:

Whoa, and I was really hoping to see his reactions. Kaskozhuk has had a pretty great run of LoR and had consistently fast post-update streams that often ran into pre-nerf/change/fix encounters, which could be very interesting to see as a result. Missed his stream by like a half hour and was in the process of watching the VOD when he pulled it and Twitch glitched the cache'd version for me. Would have loved to hear his takes on why this was such a miss for him...

i was half-listening while i worked and heard him complaining a lot about high dice he couldn't beat during phase 4, but i stopped listening right after so i don't know if he just got stuck there and quit or what. his reactions were pretty mild anyway since he'd probably been spoiled

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

It’s unlikely that I’ll play Library of Ruina myself, even though I’ll catch TeeQueue’s LP if/when there is one, but I’m morbidly curious. Without spoiling too much about it, why are people mad about the ending? Like, is it hastily done, doesn’t fit the tone of the game, etc.?

A variety of reasons. Korean and Chinese players were mad at the 'money grubbing' of PM (because they left a number of sequel hooks, one of which is a character asking for funding for a new agency)and they thought the ending was 'too happy' (the credits had upbeat music and CGs of the sephirot, roland and angela all hanging out and having fun). These sentiments have been very uncommon among the western community.

What everyone was unhappy about was that some of the main plot threads were completely unresolved, and a number of gameplay elements were resolved disappointingly. Most notably was that each floor had a boss fight, except Keter, so Keter was just... Incomplete.

None of that excuses the death threats or review bombing or harassment, but I think the new update is extremely good since it actually resolves one of the biggest plot threads, namely confirming that Carmen was guiding Angela.

People were also very disappointed that the long anticipated fight against agents of The Head was a complete non-event. It was effectively entirely scripted and just felt lame.

lets hang out posted:

i was half-listening while i worked and heard him complaining a lot about high dice he couldn't beat during phase 4, but i stopped listening right after so i don't know if he just got stuck there and quit or what. his reactions were pretty mild anyway since he'd probably been spoiled

Phase 4 does suck, it's basically entirely rng.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

lets hang out posted:

He had a lot of trouble with the last phase and after retrying 3 times he just gave up and stopped streaming. He might go back to it later once it goes through some patching, this has happened a couple of times with frustrating update fights. Either way if you want his thoughts on the game you can hear them after the original ending stream, same for Highwang.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Some of that sounds reasonable enough to raise questions about, so it’s prolly closer to the “rushed” thing. But none of it is death threat worthy, the drat thing is in early access.

The rest yeah no that’s bullshit.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
The original ending was lit AF, you just can't please some people. That being said, the new battle they added (while ridiculously hard) fits in perfectly and resolves a lot of poo poo. PM are beautiful and perfect and have done nothing wrong, ever.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Some hints on phase 2 if you're having trouble, because holy moly i am not entirely certain that the intended strategy set out for you is even possible.

1) Tanya with Oscar's Unrelenting passive can tank the heart's two multihit attacks even at 15+ hankering.
2) Blind Faith is reasonably effective at clashing against the power negation 3x attack dice. Overcharge Purple Tear can also duel it. Otherwise, tagging it with Angela's 4 cost at least limits the damage.
3) Angela can use Yesod's EGO on the heart's mass attack card to guarantee a huge chunk of stagger damage on turn 4.
4) With any source of Endurance (I used Nikolai's teamwide passive), using Learn on the Heart while it's defensive causes it to take 252 stagger damage from losing a 20-21 block clash 12 times.

This sets out a fairly reliable strategy where you deny the Heart as much Hankering as possible on the first three turns without worrying about killing any of the adds, tank it with Tanya and counter with Angela on turn 4, stagger it with Learn on turn 5, and finish it on turn 6.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’ve been interested in trying to speed run lobcorp. Any tips/tricks? I’ve done some practice runs and from watching the videos on YouTube they seem to try to do it in one swoop, but I’m still running into roadblocks.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
That depends-are you running any% or NG+?

They're very different runs, with any% being much more luck-dependent and NG+ being 2 hours of nothing while you set up and then everything is on fire.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Is the original ending gone now, or has it just been expanded upon?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solitair posted:

A little of a and a little of b.

There's a new fight between the previous second last and very last fight which is an expansion, but the CGs in the credits that showed more detail about what happened to the cast after the game got removed.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Solitair posted:

Let's fuckin CIA this poo poo.

From my understanding, they expanded upon a number of things using the Keter realization and altered a few dialogues in the ending. They moved the credits to an earlier point, and made the original ending into a sort of after the credits scene. Additionally, because they changed the point of the ending credits they took out the song that originally played over them, the much-loved and anticipated theme02. They also took out some extra CGs, and from what I've heard a stinger with Iori after the credits?

I may or may not decide to re-implement much of that for the inevitable LP, haven't decided yet and IDK how much work it'd be.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

TeeQueue posted:

Let's fuckin CIA this poo poo.

From my understanding, they expanded upon a number of things using the Keter realization and altered a few dialogues in the ending. They moved the credits to an earlier point, and made the original ending into a sort of after the credits scene. Additionally, because they changed the point of the ending credits they took out the song that originally played over them, the much-loved and anticipated theme02. They also took out some extra CGs, and from what I've heard a stinger with Iori after the credits?

I may or may not decide to re-implement much of that for the inevitable LP, haven't decided yet and IDK how much work it'd be.

Here it is, including the post credits scene

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Well having access to a full video to screenshot makes it a lot easier if I decide to go that route. Thanks!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Any%, because I’m crazy. But I really like the starting from scratch aspect.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, here's a few things to be aware of:

-you'll want to 1-loop things, and the best way to do that includes handling the welfare missions at the same time as the upper layer suppressions. That thing I did in the thread was the actual speedrun tech.

-The game is very RNG dependent, if you don't get mirror on day 4 it's a reset, and if you don't get the 3 birds for apoc bird then it's a reset

-in general you want to use mirror to level up quickly at first, and quickly cycle stronger workers to work with stronger abnos to level efficiently

-for Gebura's 3 ALEPH mission you want to take out Apocalypse Bird as quickly and cleanly as possible. the EGO gear from it is then used to make fighting Gebura much faster

-try to avoid resets in endgame/suppressions. This is the biggest cause of lost time in the run.

-zooming too far out may generate lag, so try to keep things zoomed in when you can. This is really not the biggest thing to keep in mind tho.

That's all I've got off the top of my head.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Thanks! Love the LP and got the idea to speed run it from your post about the mirror, I’ll give it some work and see where I need to shore up.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Good luck to you. I tried doing NG+% once, but it turns out that it's just too stressful on my shoulder to play for that long.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I recently started Ruina, and look I'm not very far in but,

this look? powerful

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

OneDeadman posted:

this look? powerful

Combat Malkuth's extremely gremlin energy makes a lot of already great page outfits even better, yeah.

The Zwei hat ramps this up even further.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1389097440939175937

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 4, 2021

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh yeah, something that was missed in the update discussion, the final battle got changed, and it is no longer scripted, you actually have to survive the full timer. In addition, both Gebura and Binah have new passives. Binah now is a full on Arbiter and is using the full power version of her deck, because apparently nothing else to this point has motivated her to go all out. Meanwhile Gebura straight up has "Gebura's Prowess" which is just Myo's prowess but renamed. They loving know.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shaezerus posted:

Combat Malkuth's extremely gremlin energy makes a lot of already great page outfits even better, yeah.

The Zwei hat ramps this up even further.

small spoiler

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Oh yeah, something that was missed in the update discussion, the final battle got changed, and it is no longer scripted, you actually have to survive the full timer. In addition, both Gebura and Binah have new passives. Binah now is a full on Arbiter and is using the full power version of her deck, because apparently nothing else to this point has motivated her to go all out. Meanwhile Gebura straight up has "Gebura's Prowess" which is just Myo's prowess but renamed. They loving know.

The thing about binah there is it isn't actually really all that much better lol, the rolls are basically identical! Fairy costs 1 less though, I guess.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I was waiting for someone to post Buff Hod :haw:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Acerbatus posted:

The thing about binah there is it isn't actually really all that much better lol, the rolls are basically identical! Fairy costs 1 less though, I guess.

Fairy being usable at 0 Light is actually a ridiculously nice upgrade to her deck's consistency, or at least it would be if we got to use it on anything. She's got serious problems with having to choose between unloading her best cards or being able to cast Fairy.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

This is why for endgame I usually slapped her with the full light contract and gave her the Long egg. When you don't need to care about light, she can just spam her best attacks forever. :allears:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

Fairy being usable at 0 Light is actually a ridiculously nice upgrade to her deck's consistency, or at least it would be if we got to use it on anything. She's got serious problems with having to choose between unloading her best cards or being able to cast Fairy.

Mostly I can't get over how bad lock is.

Anyone important has shimmering!

I'm glad Baral and Zena get to prove some of their cred though.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 4, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah i beat that fight with like 8 hp left on one character, it's really good now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone have tips for whitenight in LC?

Also, how were hod and netzach getting high in robot bodies? Lobco HQ truly is full of mysteries.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 6, 2021