Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that every loving heel in WWE has like, a loving choir to start their music now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Finally, an Asian wrestler with a weird Asian font for their entrance!!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

rock aint coming back full time and as much as I dont care for roman at this point, I dont want to see another loving brock reign of terror

I know Cena is coming into his own with the acting but do you think vince is making overtures in that direction? Realistically he seems like the only "huge star" that might be willing to come back and work enough of a schedule to credibly be champion

god help me, I'm imaging reaching back ten years and saying "actually one day you'll wish cena would come back to dethrone that big cool guy in the SHIELD"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Put the last dagger in Bray Wyatt and get rid of the one relevant thing he/his Fiend character ever actually did (be the temporary last match and screen appearance of Cena's in the company)

Not sarcasm. Do it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Brock Cena'd Roman, I would enjoy it. If Brock Kofi'd Roman I think I would die. I would laugh so hard, I would just expire on the spot.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Does Spooky Alexa and her Spookier dolly have anyone to feud with yet?

Coz she has done a couple of vignettes, but I dunno if they are leading to her feuding with anyone specific yet.

Maybe Carmella? A pretty, glamourous, "diva" of a woman vs the spooky scary child. There could be shenanigans when/if Carmella steals the doll, and/or mirror weirdness as Carmella is putting on her make-up etc.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i mean the funniest possible thing is somehow this is the way vince convinces punk to come back, it would probably be hot dogshit but it would definitely be very funny

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

i mean the funniest possible thing is somehow this is the way vince convinces punk to come back, it would probably be hot dogshit but it would definitely be very funny

Seems like kind of a poo poo story for him so they'd have to pay him a pot of money. Which, they could.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

Asian American / Pacific Islander month started yesterday, and given how this company treats black wrestlers during black history month, there's a non-zero chance that Vince tears up the plans and has Roman drop the title to like Otis or something.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't know what thread to put this in, but Twitter informed me that Bin Laden was killed ten years ago today, which Cena announced on TV at the end of a PPV.

But Rock also tweeted about it before literally anybody had reported it, proving he must know somebody high up in government.

Well, another alert I got from Google is that today is Dwayne Johnson's birthday.

So whoever let that state secret slip likely did it as a birthday present.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

LividLiquid posted:

I don't know what thread to put this in, but Twitter informed me that Bin Laden was killed ten years ago today, which Cena announced on TV at the end of a PPV.

But Rock also tweeted about it before literally anybody had reported it, proving he must know somebody high up in government.

Well, another alert I got from Google is that today is Dwayne Johnson's birthday.

What if Bob O’Neill didn’t kill Bin Laden?

What if the Rock actually killed him?!?!

:tinfoil:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonz posted:

What if Bob O’Neill didn’t kill Bin Laden?

What if the Rock actually killed him?!?!

:tinfoil:

What if Osama let the Rock kill him, as a birthday present?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grendels Dad posted:

What if Osama let the Rock kill him, as a birthday present?

Oh SHI-

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Bayley's Paint It Black theme slaps.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MJeff posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that every loving heel in WWE has like, a loving choir to start their music now.

~ahhhhh AHHHH ahhhhh~

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Master chief is heel?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

BrigadierSensible posted:

Coz she has done a couple of vignettes, but I dunno if they are leading to her feuding with anyone specific yet.

Maybe Carmella? A pretty, glamourous, "diva" of a woman vs the spooky scary child. There could be shenanigans when/if Carmella steals the doll, and/or mirror weirdness as Carmella is putting on her make-up etc.

Speculation is it will either be Asuka or Rhea sacrificed at the dumb spooky alexa bullshit altar first.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DarkstarIV posted:

Speculation is it will either be Asuka or Rhea sacrificed at the dumb spooky alexa bullshit altar first.

Considering she beat Asuka clean before it would make sense for her to feud for the title soonish. The question is: is the spooky evil magic woman acface or heel?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

LividLiquid posted:

IIRC he knew someone in the SEALs, possibly one of the guys who was actually on the mission

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wazzu posted:

Considering she beat Asuka clean before it would make sense for her to feud for the title soonish. The question is: is the spooky evil magic woman acface or heel?

Likely a heel considering she turned on Bray (even if he was a very lovely babyface both booking and gimmick wise). Also I say she "feuds" with Asuka first just because WWE is doing everything they can to kill any sort of interest behind Asuka, and there is a bunch of (misplaced) fan speculation that Asuka needs time off because of her dental issues. Nevermind the fact that she has outright said that it would be six months before they could get her in to get actual replacements for her teeth that were knocked out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Carmella is apparently on Smackdown.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guess Bryan was moved to the Alumni section, for all that matters (it probably doesn't).

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I guess Bryan was moved to the Alumni section, for all that matters (it probably doesn't).

he's gonna go hang out with the Q chuds in NXT, no need for anyone to get their hopes up

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Don't think alumni section has ever been used for a fakeout before.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the rock is tight with barack obama

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Blaise330 posted:

Don't think alumni section has ever been used for a fakeout before.

off the top of my head, kevin owens was moved to the alumni section after he "quit"

edit: i went to look that up and they did it twice with kevin owens. apparently after he lost a "loser is fired" match with shane mcmahon too

edit 2: lmao, actually 3 times. he and sami zayn were fired by daniel bryan and got moved to the alumni section. why don't people believe in WWE stipulations again?

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 2, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JUNGLE BOY posted:

off the top of my head, kevin owens was moved to the alumni section after he "quit"

aaaaaaand that ruins it. Thanks a lot WWE, hope it was worth it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm fairly certain they did it with Sonya too.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
People are already fantasy booking Alexa back into the title scene and her inevitable title reign if it happens, and how excited they are.

And then these same people will end up bitching about how everyone gets buried against said supernatural characters. Nevermind a gimmick as lovely as "Alexa and Lilly". Which could beat out The Fiend this year for "Worst Wrestling Gimmick" depending on how things go. Then again the field is already crowded with Retribution, The Fiend, and now Alexa/Lilly.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Don’t forget Apollo Crews, Nigerian warlord

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

they have to commit to the new alexa gimmick because they bought dozens of 55 gallon drums of black goop and they cant return them

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

ASenileAnimal posted:

they have to commit to the new alexa gimmick because they bought dozens of 55 gallon drums of black goop and they cant return them

Time to reignite Shane vs Braun but with black goop instead of green!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

People are already fantasy booking Alexa back into the title scene and her inevitable title reign if it happens, and how excited they are.

And then these same people will end up bitching about how everyone gets buried against said supernatural characters. Nevermind a gimmick as lovely as "Alexa and Lilly". Which could beat out The Fiend this year for "Worst Wrestling Gimmick" depending on how things go. Then again the field is already crowded with Retribution, The Fiend, and now Alexa/Lilly.

They should be excited, WWE is awful television but when Alexa is playing Undertaker Anderson Silva Goldberg it's extremely funny.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

They should be excited, WWE is awful television but when Alexa is playing Undertaker Anderson Silva Goldberg it's extremely funny.

It’s one of the few things that stops the fast forward for me these days.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Astro7x posted:

Can anyone identify Raquel Gonzalez's theme if they didn't put her name on the screen? She's the NXT Women's Champ. Can anyone identify Elias' current theme compared to his first one? I don't even think I know what Alister Black's current theme is.

They're all horrible. I know everyone can't have iconic themes like Austin, Rock, or Undertaker, but the themes have to be instantly recognizable for them to work.

Did Black lose his NXT theme?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Did Black lose his NXT theme?
Yup

Now it's like a slow version of Thorn in your Eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE0ZJuS0Y2I

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What was the deal with Shane’s stuttering saying B-b-b-Braun and Braun getting mad?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shane was having a stroke and Braun was angry to see his friend’s brain fail on live tv

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Didn't Shane basically squash Braun on Raw some time back? I don't watch the show (Paul), but I think I remember reading here that they had a pre-PPV brawl and Shane somehow won easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

That happened.

It would be wild to see Alexa defeat Sonya by hitting her with a cotton doll. So you have to root for that outcome