Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Julia Hart's gimmick of spelling J-U-L-I-A and then saying JULIA could be money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was one of the better 619s I've seen actually.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

According to the chat, Julia is on TV this week. So she's probably Britt's squash at B&G.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Second time the short one almost landed on her head

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chris-jericho-reveals-assassination-threat-details-abu-dhabi

lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is great and has such a satisfying ending with the bouncer

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I for one am shocked that the story is "Jericho was a drunk rear end in a top hat."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I for one am shocked that the story is "Jericho was a drunk rear end in a top hat."

Sounds more like the guy being a jerk who is notorious at this club for threatening assassinations was being the jerk but that is just me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I love Jet Dade's party table.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jet Dade

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Vandar posted:

We got the Johnny Cage dick punch though, what more do you want?

i would like uno and grayson to hit the fatality on glacier as negative one shouts FINISH HIM from a throne of skulls

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Liam and Chris both looked pretty good, most of the others in that match were very green as to be expected.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lmao dean alexander

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh boy

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So the standouts have been (granted I barely watched anything before the fatal four way)

Dillon McQueen
Liam (can't remember his last name)
Chris (Also can't remember it)
JULIA
Jet Dade just based on personality
British Wolf
The Bodyguard
Markus Eriks
Charly Avell
Dean Hiram

The battle royale had the weakest workers overall while the four way had the best.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thread owns today

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't begrudge anyone who passes on Dark, Elevation, or the FORBIDDEN DOOR shows just due to not having enough time. I do think it's a bit unfair to expect each 2 hour Dynamite to completely encompass what you missed on these shows though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

OH poo poo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SonicRulez posted:

I don't begrudge anyone who passes on Dark, Elevation, or the FORBIDDEN DOOR shows just due to not having enough time. I do think it's a bit unfair to expect each 2 hour Dynamite to completely encompass what you missed on these shows though.

The rub is that Dynamite, being your primary show, has to be able to stand on its own. Dark/Elevation/BTE serve as extra that viewers can choose to watch if they want but if it ever become something they needed to watch to follow along it would be a problem. But I don't think AEW's ever really done that. There's pushes and stories that sometimes start on Youtube but AEW is generally good at catching you up and letting them stand on their own when they show up on Dynamite.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Lol, we've all been there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

can’t wait for mjeff to swagger back into the thread like “AND WHO SAID SCU WERE EVEN IN THE MATCoh that’s on the poster too right sorry folks”

I defend myself by saying that my completely wrong understanding of a four-way elimination match for a title shot at Double or Nothing was a better idea than what they're actually doing. :colbert:

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Where is samuel's blog 317 ?? Whyd it die

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Got caught in YouTube's flagging of a ton of AEW poo poo this weekend?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

STAC Goat posted:

The rub is that Dynamite, being your primary show, has to be able to stand on its own. Dark/Elevation/BTE serve as extra that viewers can choose to watch if they want but if it ever become something they needed to watch to follow along it would be a problem. But I don't think AEW's ever really done that. There's pushes and stories that sometimes start on Youtube but AEW is generally good at catching you up and letting them stand on their own when they show up on Dynamite.

Every dynamite should cold open with tony sitting at his desk and telling everyone that if they didn't watch all ego ethan page*'s vlog to shut off dynamite because they aren't wanted here

*its not confidence its all ego

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Since this has some connection to AEW hope it is okay to post here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l05pR_4wUKw

Stephen Amell's new wrestling show teaser Heels premiering 8/15

Do wonder if Cody or anyone shows up in it. And if Amell appears on AEW at all

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I vaguely recall hearing something about Cody and a project called Heels a long time ago that makes me think he'll be in it?

Unless I'm thinking of AEW Heels. :lol:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

I vaguely recall hearing something about Cody and a project called Heels a long time ago that makes me think he'll be in it?

Unless I'm thinking of AEW Heels. :lol:

Cody is known to be involved in the Stephen Amell show Heels, yes. To what extent is not known as much.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Since this has some connection to AEW hope it is okay to post here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l05pR_4wUKw

Stephen Amell's new wrestling show teaser Heels premiering 8/15

Do wonder if Cody or anyone shows up in it. And if Amell appears on AEW at all

not to be mistaken with the Hollywood Honk, Ryan Nemeth's film "HEEL" about sexual assault in the wrestling industry that's currently showing at various film festivals across the country right now.

ffs. too many Heels.

I've posted this before but dammit, I'm posting it again because it's still hilarious and stupid-
https://twitter.com/hotyoungbriley/status/1366097707262115843?s=10

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't believe Ryan Nemeth ended up being the best Nemeth.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

I've done such a 180 on him after being very "whatever" on his first couple appearances

I'm a complete mark for the honks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MJeff posted:

I think the difference is that Ryan is a dumb dork who knows he's a dumb dork and has fun with it, whereas Dolph is a dumb dork who thinks he's the coolest guy in the room

Also helps that he's way funnier

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 3, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nightmare Factory Student Showthoughts

Cody introduces up and sounds genuinely proud which is nice. I like that he pitches it towards promoters too.

Lexy doing ring intros.

1) Rude Dragon vs Trip Jordy. Getting some fun Chikara energy from Rude Dragon. No, not that kind of Chikara Energy. Props to Trip Jordy for making and wearing his own merch and gear. I like the presence of both of these guys. Solid fundamentals to start as they trade holds. Nice shoulder tackle sequence, blistering armdrag from Jordy. I like Dragon's character work with his frustration and a few sneaky shots. Nice rope low blow from Dragon. Both of these guys have a good enough spark of personality if they can build on it with skill. Really liked Dragon's springboard legdrop even as it backfired on him. Jordy has a very good looking sling blade. Both of them need to tone down and nuance their reactions a bit more as they're a bit too pantomime, but this was a very solid opener.

2) The British Wolf vs Marcus Eriks vs Charley Avell vs Dean Hiram. Um... if you're doing the "british" thing, make it stone, not kilos. Six days have passed and I'm still waiting for the British Wolf to come out. Oh poo poo, this guy is BUILT. I hope he can wrestle, because he sure as hell has the look. Marcus Erics, making his way to the ring from a 2004 indie show. Charley Avell has strong theater kid energy, which I enjoy. Dean Hiram has a manager called Karma Dean. That's definitely not going to get confusing. She's perfectly okay during his intro though. Energetic start, I like that. Hiram has some good sneaky heel energy, Wolf has some good monster heel energy. Couple of scruffy bits, Karma gets involved too early, but lots to enjoy here. I'm more drawn to Avell v Wolf, but that might be based on look. And that was on HELL of a dive to the outside from Wolf. Getting some Marty The Moth energy from Avell. Which, again, is a compliment. Wolf is making me think of someone like Tama Tonga in the combination of power and high leaping athleticism. Marcus Eriks has decent fundamentals, but he feels half a pace slower than the others in this match. NICE fisherman's suplex by Hiram on Eriks. You can see the assists a bit too much when people are going in for body slams and suchlike, but these guys are all super early in their careers so I can't be that mad at it. Scruffy end sequence where Dean's involvement just made things muddy but it was fine. Fundamentally, all of these guys have a future. Eriks needs to work on his speech, Charley and Dean need some finessing but have their fundamentals down, and Wolf could start taking bookings now. Honestly what all of these guys need is a local indie or series of local indies to work off the rough edges.

3) Ali, the Diamond Sheikh and The Bodyguard Austin Green vs Aaron Dallas and Aaron Kirk. Big lad right here. Hope he can do something with that size. I like the weird giving out jewellery bit. I really hope this is a better done character bit than most sheikh gimmicks. The Aarons have a nice look, but Dallas needs to work on his blocking. Oh the bribe stuff is clumsy, and frankly the gimmick feels really dodgy. Dallas can move, I'll give him that. Couple of nice power bits from Green, and he has a GREAT sounding chop. Nice sidewalk slam too. But he needs some work on stringing all of that together into a match. Kirk has a nice enziguri too. And the Aarons ending double team was solid. Ultimately speaking this match never really came together. There were some nice spots, but there was also some really sloppy stuff. Nobody looked irredeemable, and if the Sheikh really has made it this far with his look and athleticism I have no doubt he'll keep going, but nobody quite looked ready either.

4) Hyena Hera and Karma Dean vs Spencer Kitz and Julia Hart. Nice taunting from Hera. Karma Dean benefits from us having seen her already. Like the tag energy from these two. Kitz has physique, but unless her gimmick is "bad dancer" she needs to get better at dancing or stop dancing. Oh please don't rap. Especially when you can't rap. Not bad as spoken word, but it felt a bit odd. I love the personality from Hart. Just bubbly and confident and the cheerleader thing works for her. That was... not a good splash from Kitz. On the other hand, her 619 was really good. Hyena and Karma have good tag synchronisation and do a good job at isolating their opponent. Very nice standing moonsault from Hart. And I have to say that I loved the fake injury spot from Karma. Nicely performed, felt real, and nicely sneaky at the end. She does whiff her board shot after that, but swings and roundabouts I guess. And a NICE wheelbarrow move from Hyena at the end. All four women have potential. Hart is closest to realising it, and it could be that Karma is always better as a manager, but Hyena and Spencer could get there pretty quickly with more work.

5) Battle Royal. New York Menace vs Jacob Thomas vs Louis Lessons vs Charlie Platt vs JD Brady vs Haya Lobo vs Chris Martinez vs Liam Hazan vs Neadha. NY Menace looks like he just signed up this morning. Jacob Thomas is a combination of both Varsity Blonds. All my Louis Losses are Louis Lessons. Marko found a growth potion and changed his name to Charlie. JD Brady is also there. Enjoy the presence of a luchador. Chris Martinez has a decent physique and the face of a six year old. Liam Hazan looks like a soccer player who is doing a halfassed job of telling a press conference how thrilled he is to have signed with Wolverhampton Wanderers. Neadha looks fun, no idea what the ropes on his wrists are. So, nine guy battle royal. Usual chaos to start, slightly awkward eliminations near the top. NY Menace is lost and just standing there for a bit. Enjoying Neadha's presence and presentation. Sadly things start breaking down a bit after this and there's a fair bit of stalling while people are trying to look occupied in the background while two guys face off in the centre of the ring. And then we get a Jet Dade. He is already my favourite guy in this match, a status made more explicit by him bringing a twelver of no alcohol lager with him. The beer pong bit was great and he has character for days. Hope he has skill for days when he gets a chance to show it. And of course we get a table spot. Of course. Sidebar: I just spotted Carlie Bravo in the corner. Hi Carlie! Haya Lobo just entirely missed a running senton. Tries it again and misses on purpose. I like how sneaky Liam Hazan is. And we're down to Chris and Liam and they let babyface Chris win. That's nice.

6) Dean Alexander vs Dillon McQueen. Not wild about them not introducing Dean's valet. But it's a good way of pushing the heel dynamic fast and getting him back to an All Business presentation. Love Dillon's rose petals, love the exotico energy. Enjoy the fact that the very camp wrestler is indisputably the face. In two minds about the kiss spot. On the other hand as a display of performance and character, Dillon is doing very well. Love the rope jump to face slap spot. Dean Alexander's Lance Storm Energy is pronounced and very enjoyable. This is turning into a pretty good singles match. Obviously Dean Alexander has a bunch of experience now, but McQueen is at his level at all points. Looks like McQueen has some indies experience too as he's a tag champ for New South Pro. Nice victory for Dillon who looks good.

Post match Dean has a tantrum. Then Negative One comes out with Five and Ten and they destroy him. This is fun

Overall there is potential on this show. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of these wrestlers on Dark or similar soon. British Wolf is ready for a bigger stage, Julia Hart I think is already booked for something with AEW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Benne posted:

Dolph is a dumb dork who thinks he's the coolest guy in the room

I don’t get that vibe from him at all tbh. I wasn’t watching WWE when Dolph was being pushed as a big guy so I don’t know what it was like then but now he just seems to play a dumbass heel and he’s good at it!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Overall there is potential on this show. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of these wrestlers on Dark or similar soon. British Wolf is ready for a bigger stage, Julia Hart I think is already booked for something with AEW.

Dillon McQueen is facing QT Marshall on Elevation, and theres reports of Julia! having a match at the taping but she's not on the Elevation or Dark card so she's probably Britt Baker's match on Dynamite

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don’t get that vibe from him at all tbh. I wasn’t watching WWE when Dolph was being pushed as a big guy so I don’t know what it was like then but now he just seems to play a dumbass heel and he’s good at it!

Dolph has massive go away heat with me, mostly due to no fault of his. He's just so bland to me, and his push has been start stop so many times, I have zero interest in ever seeing him again. His promos are fine, his wrestling is fine. I'd rather see him than Corbin or Shane but that's about it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dolph has just done too many repeats of the pattern 1) does nothing for months, 2) Cuts an impassioned promo about how he's being held down and he's the best and he's the best drat wrestler and etc etc etc, 3) push lasts two weeks and then quickly gets forgotten.

He's a good hand who is really good at the WWE style and I don't know if he can do much more than that.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dolph has just done too many repeats of the pattern 1) does nothing for months, 2) Cuts an impassioned promo about how he's being held down and he's the best and he's the best drat wrestler and etc etc etc, 3) push lasts two weeks and then quickly gets forgotten.

He's a good hand who is really good at the WWE style and I don't know if he can do much more than that.

And I really don't think any of that is really in his control, inside the WWE at least, he could've left at some point, but it doesn't change the fact that it's made me absolutely hate seeing him.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
dolph should come to aew just so we can have another brothers tag team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I feel like Ryan is exactly what Dolph would be like in AEW