Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Toaster Beef posted:

Pending some inspections tomorrow I am a soon-to-be homeowner and currently in that period of blissful ignorance where I'm looking forward to having things to tackle around the house

I'm going to set some kind of land speed record for being Over That poo poo, I guarantee it, but for now: wheeee

It’s always this combo of annoyed and satisfied with house projects. You hate to think of all the things you need/want to do, but it’s great once it’s done.

Then of course there is always something else. As soon as one project is done, something will break or leak or just bug you and it’s time to start something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The only thing I really hate doing is plumbing work. I have a couple of nice organizers full of plumbing parts, but since it's not a fully stocked van, it seems like every single time you fix or remodel something it becomes minimum 3 trips to Depot or Lowe's

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

D-LINK posted:

The only thing I really hate doing is plumbing work. I have a couple of nice organizers full of plumbing parts, but since it's not a fully stocked van, it seems like every single time you fix or remodel something it becomes minimum 3 trips to Depot or Lowe's

Plumbing work is disgusting. I hope I never learn what my hands were covered in when I replaced all my faucets

And that's just faucets, sewage type stuff would be awful

e: and I bought a basin wrench that I will probably never use again

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo. After like a dozen showings with nothing, someone offered $25k over asking for my mom's house :stare:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Intruder posted:

Plumbing work is disgusting. I hope I never learn what my hands were covered in when I replaced all my faucets

I replaced the wax ring on the toilet in our old house, and can confirm that it's really gross :barf:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ozymandius1024 posted:

I replaced the wax ring on the toilet in our old house, and can confirm that it's really gross :barf:

I get to do this soon as I noticed a small leak in my basement from my 1st floor bathroom. Fun stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Today I learned using funny fonts is legitimately ableist.

https://twitter.com/kentcdodds/status/1083073242330361856?s=20

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s always this combo of annoyed and satisfied with house projects. You hate to think of all the things you need/want to do, but it’s great once it’s done.

Then of course there is always something else. As soon as one project is done, something will break or leak or just bug you and it’s time to start something else.

I had this today. I've been dabbling in minor electrical projects - replaced a light fixture with a ceiling fan, swapped out a light switch, replaced the dining room chandelier. Annoying fiddling with the old rear end wires and finding old damage in the ceiling, but such a great feeling to sit back and go, "gently caress that old light, my house gets The Good Light."

A week and a half til move it. Very ready to get this done.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Holy poo poo. After like a dozen showings with nothing, someone offered $25k over asking for my mom's house :stare:

:getin:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
How long does Schitt’s Creek take to settle into being the show people really liked?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ozymandius1024 posted:

This will be me soon, I'm planning on replacing my toilets :ohdear:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

General Dog posted:

How long does Schitt’s Creek take to settle into being the show people really liked?

Like 2 episodes. It’s not like Parks and Rec which basically retooled to become a different show after the first season. If you don’t like it just watch something else.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Skwirl posted:

Today I learned using funny fonts is legitimately ableist.

https://twitter.com/kentcdodds/status/1083073242330361856?s=20

Somewhere out there Cam Newton smiles smugly and doesn't know why

ozymandius1024 posted:

Replacing the toilet seat was the grossest thing I've ever done in my life, and I encountered a mummified cat in a shipping container once.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Intruder posted:

e: and I bought a basin wrench that I will probably never use again

I once watched a grown rear end, 6' ish, muscled dude pick up a maybe 5' 105lb woman and use her as a shield against ~60 ish feet of gravity pressurized 4" sewage piping when she didn't listen to us yelling stop as she backed out a clean out cap. It started spraying this dude and he just grabbed this girl and used her as a deflector against all of it.

I also watched a guy take a piece of calcium from a pipe straight down the throat when he opened his mouth to say something while snaking up 30 or so feet in a 6" main.

But I've also seen a dude on his rack floating across his berthing on a sea of poo poo water because a contractor didn't block off a pipe after cutting it.

Sewage work is easy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Like 2 episodes. It’s not like Parks and Rec which basically retooled to become a different show after the first season. If you don’t like it just watch something else.

Well I’ve only seen 2 episodes and I’m not turned off by it, I probably just need a few more eps to find the wavelength

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Replacing the toilet seat was the grossest thing I've ever done in my life, and I encountered a mummified cat in a shipping container once.

Hey mummified means completely dry so that's not so bad

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I put a bidet on my toilet today and it hasn't leaked so basically I feel like a god.

First time I used it I still used a couple squares of toilet paper to dry it though, which probably defeats the purpose of me installing it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

Hey mummified means completely dry so that's not so bad

That's a good point but I think what grossed me out the most was a guy picked it up without gloves and started playing with it.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 3, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

C-Euro posted:

I put a bidet on my toilet today and it hasn't leaked so basically I feel like a god.

First time I used it I still used a couple squares of toilet paper to dry it though, which probably defeats the purpose of me installing it.

Nah the purpose is your rear end gets much cleaner

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the rules for the time stuff in Tenet. It seems like it's just "whatever makes this scene look cool" so far

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That's a good point but I think what grossed me out the most was a guy picked it up without gloves and started playing with it.

Yeah that's probably not great

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Wax rings have incredibly bad touch feels but really, if there's poo poo and piss all over it, your toilet was really poorly set

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

C-Euro posted:

Nope. You’ll be using much less TP drying than you ever did wiping.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Disagree. I watched the entire first season and I still don't think I like it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It took me 2 and a half seasons to like Schitt's Creek. The first 2 seasons were entirely too predictable. The 5th season is where it finally gets good.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

Which one did you get? I've been intrigued by them lately.

iwentdoodie posted:

I once watched a grown rear end, 6' ish, muscled dude pick up a maybe 5' 105lb woman and use her as a shield against ~60 ish feet of gravity pressurized 4" sewage piping when she didn't listen to us yelling stop as she backed out a clean out cap. It started spraying this dude and he just grabbed this girl and used her as a deflector against all of it.

This is just incredible imagery. I can't stop giggling.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

iwentdoodie posted:

I also watched a guy take a piece of calcium from a pipe straight down the throat when he opened his mouth to say something while snaking up 30 or so feet in a 6" main.

But I've also seen a dude on his rack floating across his berthing on a sea of poo poo water because a contractor didn't block off a pipe after cutting it.

Sewage work is easy

All of them lost....like piss in rain...
Time to die...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

It took me 2 and a half seasons to like Schitt's Creek. The first 2 seasons were entirely too predictable. The 5th season is where it finally gets good.

5 seasons is way too much to like a tv show jesus

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I watched Nobody tonight with my parents. A++ highly recommended, its John Wick meets Taken meets Red (the Bruce Willis/Morgan Freeman/John Mallovich movie which is highly underrated).

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They sell better than wax rings which are significantly less gross, but you do have to scrape up the old nasty one.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bidets rock.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

LeeMajors posted:

This is just incredible imagery. I can't stop giggling.

My wife got the Luxe bidet Neo 185. It's super cheap, extremely easy to install, and works like a charm (no fancy stuff like variable temps though)

I was a skeptic for a long time, but I'm fully bought in now and it's really weird making GBS threads somewhere that doesn't have one. The TP usage isn't any worse than usual either.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Braksgirl posted:

Disagree. I watched the entire first season and I still don't think I like it.

But that’s what I mean. It’s a show where if you don’t like it early you won’t like it 2 seasons later. So just stop.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

Bidets rock.

I know it sounds hyperbolic, but it really is life changing. It’s life changing in a way that multiple other societies figured out way before us (I reckon spritzing water on your b-hole was just too close to sinnin’ for our Puritan roots) but better late than never.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Freaquency posted:

I know it sounds hyperbolic, but it really is life changing. It’s life changing in a way that multiple other societies figured out way before us (I reckon spritzing water on your b-hole was just too close to sinnin’ for our Puritan roots) but better late than never.

Japan rules. I really want a heated one. That was heavenly.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Freaquency posted:

It's one of the best things you can buy

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

My wife bought a Tushy like six months ago and I didn't bother installing in our apartment because the water shutoff was stuck.

Freaquency posted:

Her family's from Thailand and they are a pro-bidet country. Except those ones are a spray hose like you might have on your sink, or a plastic bowl and a faucet if you're remote enough :shepface:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My wife bought a toilet seat bidet from Costco. I hate it. The seat itself is angled in a way that makes every visit uncomfortable.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Yeah I guess it depends on how long the game takes. 70 bones is a lot

The nice thing about rogue-likes are that it doesn't need to be long if the gameplay's good enough to keep you playing the same gameplay loop over and over. I started playing Enter the Gungeon when Sony made it free during the last Play at Home event, and I've probably put it close to forty hours into it, if not more. From what I've seen of it, I would gladly put a similar amount of time into Returnal, game looks amazing, and it's 3D bullet hell done right.

ozymandius1024 posted:

My wife got the Luxe bidet Neo 185. It's super cheap, extremely easy to install, and works like a charm (no fancy stuff like variable temps though)

I was a skeptic for a long time, but I'm fully bought in now and it's really weird making GBS threads somewhere that doesn't have one. The TP usage isn't any worse than usual either.

I switched to wet wipes after TP became hard to find during the early days of the pandemic (I scored a case of them) and now I can't go back to TP, I feel so much cleaner. I imagine I'd feel similarly if I switched to a bidet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My wife bought a toilet seat bidet from Costco. I hate it. The seat itself is angled in a way that makes every visit uncomfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083HKY81T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shinji2015 posted:

I switched to wet wipes after TP became hard to find during the early days of the pandemic (I scored a case of them) and now I can't go back to TP, I feel so much cleaner. I imagine I'd feel similarly if I switched to a bidet

RIP your wallet if you've been flushing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

iwentdoodie posted:

RIP your wallet if you've been flushing them

No worries on that