Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Vintersorg posted:

I am working my way through Banshee right now and I swear to god every single episode there is nudity. It's a bit nuts. Seems to be finding it's own footing now. The 1st episode of S1 I was like holy poo poo this action set piece is a bit much.

:same: "a clusterfuck of epic proportions" as Sugar said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/antonystarr/status/1385675836301332482

That is... both perfect and horrifying.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He totally embraces the memes on social media - I follow on insta and when he posts it's great.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought it was pretty cool he liked my joke, even though it was stolen by a goon for a tweet (a good joke is it’s own reward).

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Maeve Devouring Her Son (c. 1823)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Season 3 will be not just darker, but approximately 3 times bloodier~ Collider

They had to use gallons and gallons of blood for this season... awesome

itry
Aug 23, 2019

BurritoJustice posted:

Maeve Devouring Her Son (c. 1823)

:lol:
Which goon painted that?

Edit: E.Z Lube :wiggle:

itry fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 29, 2021

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Huh. That wall is a prop and they added a bunch of fake Cyrillic signs to an EZ Lube in Scarborough. I wonder what the scene'll be?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mameluke posted:

Huh. That wall is a prop and they added a bunch of fake Cyrillic signs to an EZ Lube in Scarborough. I wonder what the scene'll be?

Hopefully it will make balls revolve like spinning dervishes!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

It's probably redundant to say at this point for a lot the posters in this thread, but everyone who likes The Boys should check out Invincible also on Prime. It's based off a comic from the same era and rough genre as The Boys but the original comic is way better and less edgy and the adaptation is amazing. The incredible last episode just finished and we have a cool and good thread here!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, Invincible is awesome - I cannot wait to watch todays! Last episode was loving nuts.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Invincible is great. I've got episodes 7 and 8 still left to watch, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Episode 1 spoilers: For most of the first episode, I was thinking that it was a pretty standard super hero story, and was getting pretty disappointed. And then...the ending happened. Sweet mother of god.. Good show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Episodes 5 and 7 are what I dreamed the 90s cartoons like X-Men and Spider-man could be without restrictions and higher budget. So awesome and really funny. Also the Worf actor from star trek voices a character and immediately talks about worthy opponents and honor.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 30, 2021

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
He's also from space

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I just finished watching this over the past few weeks, I am a big fan of Billy teaching Ryan the most important lesson there is.

I definitely thought the head popper was Cindy up until the camera moved around Victoria's face. I feel like this was probably the intended misdirection?

What's up with the 1 scene per season of making absolutely sure we see the fly that's buzzing around someone's face? Is Chekhov's fly a thing in the comics?

Also I gather that MM's name means something in the comics but for the show (so far) it seems like that's a better name for Homelander :thunk:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

pik_d posted:

Also I gather that MM's name means something in the comics but for the show (so far) it seems like that's a better name for Homelander :thunk:

You don't want to know about MM in the comics, trust me. The character works a lot better in the show imho.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pik_d posted:

What's up with the 1 scene per season of making absolutely sure we see the fly that's buzzing around someone's face? Is Chekhov's fly a thing in the comics?

From the showrunner: It was literally just flies that were there when they filmed those scenes. They might make it into something for s3 or later, but it wasn't a planned thing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Zil posted:

You don't want to know about MM in the comics, trust me. The character works a lot better in the show imho.

I did notice that they claimed his mom did actually name him that, but then Mallory or Reynor or someone called him Marvin so I'm curious what the in-show explanation will be, if we get one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

From the showrunner: It was literally just flies that were there when they filmed those scenes. They might make it into something for s3 or later, but it wasn't a planned thing.

Kinda weird, the camera work seemed to make sure that we saw them. I figured it was gonna be either a shape shifter or someone who can control flies. I was convinced when I saw the one in season 2.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 3, 2021

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

pik_d posted:

Let's all pretend that's just because he likes Red Hot Chili Peppers a lot.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Desperado Bones posted:

Let's all pretend that's just because he likes Red Hot Chili Peppers a lot.

I'm OK with this.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I do appreciate that the showrunners purposefully cut out a lot of 90's cringey "humour" from the comics. And we still got Homelander masturbating his anger away! :haw:

Scratch that, it's 00's cringe. God damnit

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

pik_d posted:

Kinda weird, the camera work seemed to make sure that we saw them. I figured it was gonna be either a shape shifter or someone who can control flies. I was convinced when I saw the one in season 2.

I figure it started as there just being flies around all the time, and then they started making them more explicit A) as an in-joke and B) in case they decide to do something with it later.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I just binged this down, and definitely also noticed the hell out of the flies. The first one was just so perfectly mic'd I thought it couldn't be anything but some random upcoming plot device.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Gazaar posted:

I just binged this down, and definitely also noticed the hell out of the flies. The first one was just so perfectly mic'd I thought it couldn't be anything but some random upcoming plot device.

The director said they made sure to do ADR and focus on the flies just to gently caress with people. He probably squeeled with glee when one flew in camera lol.

My favourite theories were people actuay thinking they were the fly transforming guy from the comics spying on the boys for the seven

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, they could very easily retcon that in.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Bust Rodd posted:

Season 3 will be not just darker, but approximately 3 times bloodier~ Collider

They had to use gallons and gallons of blood for this season... awesome

I dunno how much I care about darker and bloodier, but I hope that means there'll be a little more action in this one. Rewatched S2 recently and it wasn't bad but I do wish they'd budgeted a couple more superpowered action scenes. There wasn't anything nearly as cool as the fight against the invisible guy from S1.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rappaport posted:

. And we still got Homelander masturbating his anger away! :haw:

Scratch that, it's 00's cringe. God damnit

I remember being caught off guard by that hilarious scene since interviews with Antony Starr said it was shot but cut during the S1 episode editing process.

It was a perfect and hilarious character ending season for Homelander given his character arc in season 2, going from character high to getting completely manipulated and blackmaile (I can do anything I want!).

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
weird beard

https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/1392183691229552641?s=20

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jensen Ackles grew a beard, Seth Rogen shaved his and I can't recognize either one of them!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the gently caress

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

McSpanky posted:

Jensen Ackles grew a beard, Seth Rogen shaved his and I can't recognize either one of them!

jesus christ!

https://twitter.com/Itsbradleee/status/1391827070393720836?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
gently caress you, that’s Rafe Spall.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Is that glued on?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Seth Rogen looks older without his beard. He just looks like a middle aged man.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I think it's also the lack of glasses for Rogen.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It's also the clothes and the costuming. For contrast here's another picture of him from 2019

https://twitter.com/villain_tiny/status/1392138239742447617?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1...agenumber%3D778

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Is that glued on?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm sure Mao would have approved the landlord scene with popclaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

I'm sure Mao would have approved the landlord scene with popclaw

In Soviet Russia, rear end eats you