Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Lobsterpillar posted:

I pulled Zhongli, but all I've got for spears are crescent pike, black tassel and a halberd. Are these any good? Looks like most of his abilities scale of max hp.

It depends on what you want him to do. Black Tassel is good for thicc shields, which is what most people use him for.

If you want to spam big rocks all over, you could craft the Prototype Starglitter if you have another polearm billet.

Crescent Pike if you want him as a physical carry, but he is not a good physical carry.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lobsterpillar posted:

I pulled Zhongli, but all I've got for spears are crescent pike, black tassel and a halberd. Are these any good? Looks like most of his abilities scale of max hp.
If you're using him as your main DPS crescent pike is the best you can get for a 4* weapon. If you're using him for his shield, then just focus on what helps that (It isn't weapons)

e: If only for shields Black Tassel is good enough and you can get a free one from the Dragonspine camp by talking to Orban

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 3, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

outdoors chugs hard at max trees, i doubt they are getting rid of load limit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The event domain today is nasty. They've really been pushing my roster which is fun for me but probably not fun at all for a lot of people. If I didn't own exactly Ganyu, Venti, Tartaglia I feel like I would have some problems.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yes hello it's me, I am the one that thinks this event is dogshit

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Finally rolled my first 5* weapon with the new monthly thingies on the standard banner, huzza! Wolf's gravestone sure has a crazy amount of attack on it, too bad I stopped using Razor like half a year ago.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yes hello it's me, I am the one that thinks this event is dogshit

If you're me then who am I?? So confused.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I liked the first part but I didn't feel compelled to even touch the second. Its weird that this is the event they go all in for, there's so much to do for it. I wish they just turned on the super powers for the overworld. It's an event let it be silly, who cares if the already trivial content is even more so for a week.

Also holy gently caress the Azdaha fight. I brought Klee and Ganyu and the fucker chose pyro/cryo? And those buffs do give a bunch of resistance. Like you can still plink through but it's 50% or more. I couldn't tell if they are just both active for the rest of the fight once he's activated them or if he alternates but every time I switched he had the resistance. This fight like begs for Super Noelle or Ning to save the day. Or maybe the new phys stuff they are pushing lol.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Azdaha this week was insane as well yeah. His Cryo attacks seem to just kill you, I had no idea what was going on. I noticed his gemstone reward changed as well to match the elements he was presenting which was surprising (last week he gave hydro/electro/geo, this week he gives pyro/cryo/geo).

As a note, Azdaha always has 70% geo resist so Ning and Noelle can't help you.

I agree this event almost has too much content. The extra domains seem totally superfluous but I guess they're supposed to introduce you to the mechanics in the actually hard reward-giving domain, but idk.

valuum posted:

Finally rolled my first 5* weapon with the new monthly thingies on the standard banner, huzza! Wolf's gravestone sure has a crazy amount of attack on it, too bad I stopped using Razor like half a year ago.
Level your Beidou....

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 3, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

that can't be right or else I've forgotten how much dmg noelle really does. Maybe Zhong shield was helping but I definitely felt she was doing more dmg than pyro/cryo guys were.

lol the buffs are chosen weekly? I guess thats more manageable than being random, I just chose wrong.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

kater posted:

that can't be right or else I've forgotten how much dmg noelle really does. Maybe Zhong shield was helping but I definitely felt she was doing more dmg than pyro/cryo guys were.

lol the buffs are chosen weekly? I guess thats more manageable than being random, I just chose wrong.
Yeah, I'm guessing you'll be able to tell based on the rewards he's giving out. Maybe honeyhunter is wrong about the resistances, I'm not aware of any testing but it's totally possible the resistances are more complicated than I thought.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

The event domain today is nasty. They've really been pushing my roster which is fun for me but probably not fun at all for a lot of people. If I didn't own exactly Ganyu, Venti, Tartaglia I feel like I would have some problems.

It's definitely the "You pulled Ganyu, right?" domain. I prefer the last "You pulled ZL, right?" domain... but that's because I pulled ZL. Fooded up and got 6k and that's as much effort as I'm willing to go to. I really question who they think these events are for. It taunts people who didn't pull months ago for whatever key unlocks the gimmick... but why? It's not like they can retroactively spend money. You're just kicking people in the dick and there's nothing they can do about it.

It's entirely possible I'm missing the mark and the general response is "I'm going to spend more money so I can do the next event!" but that isn't what I'm reading.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've wanted my roster to be stressed for a long time so that I have reasons to level more characters. I think it's fun for people who are prepared but for people who aren't it's such a long path to actually get all the characters you'd need. Like say you started now, how many months would it take for you to get Venti and Ganyu? Six? It seems rough.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

It's definitely the "You pulled Ganyu, right?" domain. I prefer the last "You pulled ZL, right?" domain... but that's because I pulled ZL. Fooded up and got 6k and that's as much effort as I'm willing to go to. I really question who they think these events are for. It taunts people who didn't pull months ago for whatever key unlocks the gimmick... but why? It's not like they can retroactively spend money. You're just kicking people in the dick and there's nothing they can do about it.

It's entirely possible I'm missing the mark and the general response is "I'm going to spend more money so I can do the next event!" but that isn't what I'm reading.

idk about the ganyu part, in today's domain I just mashed buttons with Zhong+Bennett making me unkillable and Ning+Alb doing the damage to an easy 6k+

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there should never be a fight that assumes you have a specific type of character/utility and that is basically what they've done here. it's straight up bad design imo

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I only managed ~1800 for the first domain but this one I easily got ~3250 and I don’t have a Ganyu. I do have a Qiqi though who is built like a tank and laughs at the electro damage like it’s no big deal because she literally can’t die.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No Wave posted:

The event domain today is nasty

I did it using this setup and characters for 5000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQZQedhSXzs

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hexel posted:

I did it using this setup and characters for 5000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQZQedhSXzs
Came for the comp, stayed for Sewer Surfing

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No Wave posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing you'll be able to tell based on the rewards he's giving out. Maybe honeyhunter is wrong about the resistances, I'm not aware of any testing but it's totally possible the resistances are more complicated than I thought.

I went back in and messed with it, no I was just wrong and forgot how strong Noelle is under ult. Also I had just refined Whiteblind and never tried it. Probably still one of the better options if you can feed her energy just because its safe as heck.

Well I mean better if you are using Pyro/Cryo mains instead of ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

kater fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 3, 2021

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

No Wave posted:

Azdaha this week was insane as well yeah. His Cryo attacks seem to just kill you, I had no idea what was going on. I noticed his gemstone reward changed as well to match the elements he was presenting which was surprising (last week he gave hydro/electro/geo, this week he gives pyro/cryo/geo).

I just used Zhong Li for the shield and then wailed on him with Keqing, Xingqui and Fischl, just like last week. Zhong Li is unironically the most useful 5* in the game. If I was more of a whale I'd go for his C2, but alas, C0 will have to do.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Andrast posted:

idk about the ganyu part, in today's domain I just mashed buttons with Zhong+Bennett making me unkillable and Ning+Alb doing the damage to an easy 6k+

Yeah this domain is very easy with ning. I run once with ning mona ZL diona(who did nothing at all) and got my 6.5K with 90 seconds to spare. I think this is a good domain to go for 7k+ if there was a reason to do so.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Haven't tried this one, but on the first one I couldn't get over 4200 using my current daily friend farm team of Xinyan, Qiqi, Keqing, and Amber. They're mostly running glad and wanderer's sets and 4* weapons. I do not use food buffs.

I think maybe these more technically challenging events are a big punishment for people not playing on PC. I can't imagine trying to do this on mobile or with a controller.

I'm probably going to wait until the challenge domains are all unlocked and then switch to an actually good team to max the rewards. Stuff like this makes me wish the team comp options allowed for full load out (weapon and artifact) changes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pope Urbane II posted:

Haven't tried this one, but on the first one I couldn't get over 4200 using my current daily friend farm team of Xinyan, Qiqi, Keqing, and Amber. They're mostly running glad and wanderer's sets and 4* weapons. I do not use food buffs.

I think maybe these more technically challenging events are a big punishment for people not playing on PC. I can't imagine trying to do this on mobile or with a controller.

I'm probably going to wait until the challenge domains are all unlocked and then switch to an actually good team to max the rewards. Stuff like this makes me wish the team comp options allowed for full load out (weapon and artifact) changes.

I don't think keyboard gives you much benefit unless you are doing archery. I certainly haven't felt held back by playing on a controller.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What exactly do keyboard people think they have over controllers outside of bows

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Tae posted:

What exactly do keyboard people think they have over controllers outside of bows

Clacking noises.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Tae posted:

Camera controls are easier with a mouse I guess? I think the main issue is about touch screen controls are a bit cramped. I'm sure the game is totally fine on a controller.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe the keyboard players don't realize the game heavily auto-corrects your attacks. Like Diluc Ult I can just run away from an enemy and he instant 180 degrees targets the enemy.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No it’s very obvious and feels great. I actually like using mkb just because it’s lighter and you aren’t doing long rear end combo strings with dual button presses and poo poo like other action games. I wish other games would crib this style tbh.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
This event is a little frustrating because it's just not designed for players without maxed stuff. I think I've gotten the stuff from the shop I really care about but this new domain seemed like it was going well until the last round and those fire Fatui guys just absolutely one shotted my entire crew. Super frustrating. My only ranged character is Amber so I'm kind of stuck unless I pull hard and I'm banking up for later banners. Zhongli is great normally but they were blasting his shields off in one hit too.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

kater posted:

outdoors chugs hard at max trees, i doubt they are getting rid of load limit.

As we get higher trust rank, then we will have more outdoor areas, and I assume, like the indoor areas, they have separate load limits.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

This event does feel like an attempt to keep the day 1 dolphins/whales happy since Inazuma is still going to be a few months off. If you don't have a max invested team with one or more "must have" 5 stars, you're going to really struggle in an unfun way. It looks like you should be able to get Diona, the crown, and the primogems with completing the quests and like 1-2k on the domains? So that's something at least.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I refuse to be a weirdo furniture tryhard and tell kitty "Sorry Whiskers, you're an indoor cat now because it's ~inefficient~ for you to be outside"

If that means it'll take me longer to get 24 adepticoin/hr, so be it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Space Opera posted:

This event does feel like an attempt to keep the day 1 dolphins/whales happy since Inazuma is still going to be a few months off. If you don't have a max invested team with one or more "must have" 5 stars, you're going to really struggle in an unfun way. It looks like you should be able to get Diona, the crown, and the primogems with completing the quests and like 1-2k on the domains? So that's something at least.

Yeah I got the primos, the crown and some books so far from the currency you earn getting the fruits and what I got in the domain. It's not awful if you don't want to be a total completionist I suppose.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

gandlethorpe posted:

I refuse to be a weirdo furniture tryhard and tell kitty "Sorry Whiskers, you're an indoor cat now because it's ~inefficient~ for you to be outside"

I have 2 cats a dog and a boar outside but am still at 8700 comfort so i'm happy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm making a room full of screens so that I don't have to think about anything otherwise and can do whatever.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mihoyo, please reconsider how you release new skill materials. thank you

i did a lovely Sucrose EC team and it was pretty fun having swapped my ZL to an HP sands and Homa (working on Black Tassel this week i guess).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I hope the upon reaching rank 8 the teapot bird says thanks for all the coins and vanishes.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

I've wanted my roster to be stressed for a long time so that I have reasons to level more characters. I think it's fun for people who are prepared but for people who aren't it's such a long path to actually get all the characters you'd need. Like say you started now, how many months would it take for you to get Venti and Ganyu? Six? It seems rough.

It's a puzzle only you guess which pieces you need ahead of time and then see if you guessed right.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

No Wave posted:

As a note, Azdaha always has 70% geo resist so Ning and Noelle can't help you.

I agree this event almost has too much content. The extra domains seem totally superfluous but I guess they're supposed to introduce you to the mechanics in the actually hard reward-giving domain, but idk.

Level your Beidou....

Just as a note, Azdaha is kind enough to put the weekly special out by his door knocker.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Mailer posted:

It's a puzzle only you guess which pieces you need ahead of time and then see if you guessed right.

Or be in their target market: people with gambling addictions and Saudi oil princes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

My party of Klee/Noelle/Xiangling/Zhongli gives no fucks about your gimmicks, Azdaha.

Also 5250 on the event fight but I had to sub Xiangling for Xingqiu.

Also this event loving sucks.

Detheros fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 3, 2021