Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

I mean for Tiers, yeah, but like, I get a handful of Good or Okay or Hot drat cards and an ocean of Bad and Meh .

That’s pretty normal. There’s a set bonus from the 70s zone that changes your crappy card rate, but you’ll just yeet the garbage cards to fuel your Mayo rate. I don’t think you can afford to buy each card, or if you ever can I’m not close to it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Ah, I'm in that twilight at the end of Evil building up to Exile v4 so haven't got access to the Sadistic stuff yet. Thanks!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ineptitude posted:

Giving Etheral Farm a try since ya'll still talking about it.

Got to Tree level 10 and did a reset for 11,9 Resin (weird number) and that didn't really change anything? What am i supposed to spend it on? The Discord is kinda disorganised and/or lacking. The only info there is to buy Lotuses in the etheral farm but they cost 50 Resin.
Should i not have reset?

After sharing this post with the game dev, a preliminary Beginner’s Guide (as well as a wiki for Ethereal Farm period) has been created: https://ethereal-farm.fandom.com/wiki/Guide

You did it, Ineptitude! You made it happen!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Jhet posted:

That’s pretty normal. There’s a set bonus from the 70s zone that changes your crappy card rate, but you’ll just yeet the garbage cards to fuel your Mayo rate. I don’t think you can afford to buy each card, or if you ever can I’m not close to it yet.

every +mayo thing has a corresponding +card rate thing, so no you can never just buy all cards

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Mayveena posted:

what are you going to play next? I'm sorry but the look of NGU Industries is a big turn off for me.

Dunno, don't really have any lined up.
Though if you want something logistics-y x incremental, you could check out a classic: Factory Idle, if you haven't already. https://factoryidle.com/ )

It's a nice game, though I really wish there was a successor that took it farther. (Honestly I guess I'd just love a factorio-lite incremental, I guess.)

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

There's this 3~4 year old idle RPG that I've been trying to find with no luck. I tried kongregate, armorgames and google but I think it might just be gone forever.

Basically you play one guy, and you shoot projectiles from bottom to top, like a shoot em up.

It was probably most similar to Incremental Epic Hero https://www.kongregate.com/games/HapiwakuProject/incremental-epic-hero

There were a poo poo ton of upgrades, like crit, crit damage, chance to fire 2 orbs, chance to fire 5 orbs, etc etc. There also were tons of classes to choose from with different passives.

It was a really solid idle rpg. I think the biggest flaw is it was super easy to get insanely overpowered so you burn out in just a few days.

Anyone have any clue in hell what the name was or where I might find it?

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Numberwang!!! posted:

There's this 3~4 year old idle RPG that I've been trying to find with no luck. I tried kongregate, armorgames and google but I think it might just be gone forever.

Basically you play one guy, and you shoot projectiles from bottom to top, like a shoot em up.

It was probably most similar to Incremental Epic Hero https://www.kongregate.com/games/HapiwakuProject/incremental-epic-hero

There were a poo poo ton of upgrades, like crit, crit damage, chance to fire 2 orbs, chance to fire 5 orbs, etc etc. There also were tons of classes to choose from with different passives.

It was a really solid idle rpg. I think the biggest flaw is it was super easy to get insanely overpowered so you burn out in just a few days.

Anyone have any clue in hell what the name was or where I might find it?

Undefeated Spider?

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

yup that's it thanks

but of course now I can't get flash to work, and supernova just has a blank white screen :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SubNat posted:

Dunno, don't really have any lined up.
Though if you want something logistics-y x incremental, you could check out a classic: Factory Idle, if you haven't already. https://factoryidle.com/ )

It's a nice game, though I really wish there was a successor that took it farther. (Honestly I guess I'd just love a factorio-lite incremental, I guess.)

This rules, I've never played this one before. It's a browser game with lovely bad graphics but it's still giving me that Factorio vibe of being able to watch stuff being moved around on belts which is I think something I was missing in NGU:I.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Klungar posted:

After sharing this post with the game dev, a preliminary Beginner’s Guide (as well as a wiki for Ethereal Farm period) has been created: https://ethereal-farm.fandom.com/wiki/Guide

You did it, Ineptitude! You made it happen!

:eyepop:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Now you have to pay for a name change.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

If you have more suggestions of what you’d like covered, let me know and I’ll pass them along to the dev.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

explosivo posted:

This rules, I've never played this one before. It's a browser game with lovely bad graphics but it's still giving me that Factorio vibe of being able to watch stuff being moved around on belts which is I think something I was missing in NGU:I.

Yeah, the guy who made it has a couple other similarly styled games. (reactor idle, for example, though that doesn't have belts or items moving around.)
But I absolutely agree, there's just something major that gets added when a logistics game like this has goods actually moving around and the like, instead of it just being a grid of buildings.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Pope Guilty posted:

I mean for Tiers, yeah, but like, I get a handful of Good or Okay or Hot drat cards and an ocean of Bad and Meh .

I learned recently that those rarities are kinda meaningless vs your aims.

Like the stat difference between crap and hot drat was negligible.

I think the actual way to play the cards is to cast everything you're currently trying to boost, so adventure starts or something, then yeet everything else depending on how much mayo you have.

If you've got a lot of mayo, cast all the next priority card type, like wishes or pp.

I might have it wrong but i saw better progress when I switched to that approach vs only every casting things good or above (and yeeting the rest).

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Am I misunderstanding what the colors mean in NGU:I? I thought orange was "in a deficit, will run out in less than the amount of time set in your settings but more than 30 seconds" but I've left it at the default (8 hours) and definitely come back to the game and not bottomed out on an orange resource. I'm not running up against the 24 hour cap because it's set at 8 hours, and I'm checking against the progress readout when I load my save. Anyone else encounter this?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I had to stop playing ngu:I because the window has been changed to a single pixel tall one.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

RoboCicero posted:

Am I misunderstanding what the colors mean in NGU:I? I thought orange was "in a deficit, will run out in less than the amount of time set in your settings but more than 30 seconds" but I've left it at the default (8 hours) and definitely come back to the game and not bottomed out on an orange resource. I'm not running up against the 24 hour cap because it's set at 8 hours, and I'm checking against the progress readout when I load my save. Anyone else encounter this?

there's an oddity with how offline time is calculated, where resource earnings from the ITOPOD are calculated and given to you at the start of your online session rather than distributed throughout the offline time. This makes sense for making it easier to process offline time, but it means you'll always come back to a small stockpile of every resource rather than having any 0's immediately visible

that's my guess based on what you're describing at least, if you have considerably more stockpile than you're expecting then i dunno

magicalblender
Sep 29, 2007

RoboCicero posted:

Were any of your other resources orange or red? If any of your factories are bottlenecked on one of its ingredients, then the reported rates of all its other ingredients will be lower than they actually are. (I think.)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
NGUI: Does plant power actually do anything atm? Doesn't feel like I am getting more from my elementium plants, even though they are at about 22.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It works very well for the resource plants, ok for the bdsm plant, and is borderline bugged for the elementium plant (Feels like a misplaced decimal I'm the formula).

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Once you finish Troll 2 in Sad and you have the fertilizer quirk is there any reason not to just rebirth immediately after harvesting Ygg at 22:50 in a rebirth? It might hurt banks a little bit I guess, but I want to double dip on my MacGuffin Muffins

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

Once you finish Troll 2 in Sad and you have the fertilizer quirk is there any reason not to just rebirth immediately after harvesting Ygg at 22:50 in a rebirth? It might hurt banks a little bit I guess, but I want to double dip on my MacGuffin Muffins

You're not really double dipping on them. The post sad Troll 2 guffins is linear until 24hr and there's no difference in gain between regular 24h-ish rb anymore. So do 22.5h if that's convenient for you, and between there and 24h you're not creating a difference except for what goes on the number at that moment in time (but it'll just get added on from your next rb).

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

I like to wait until 23hrs just to get another titan AK in, since you can get EXP/QP via the Wishes.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I really don't get farming in NGUI, especially at unlock. It feel like late-(LATE)-game NGU where the last handful of features took forever to be good and the bonuses were absolutely minuscule until then. Like, I had some BDSM plants growing and after 6 hours the yield was ~70ish BDSM? lmao, this tells me I should basically ignore the feature for a long, long time while it builds in power, which is a really bad feel of a realization after the "oh boy what's next!" excitement that was the actual feature unlock. idk, I feel like when a new feature unlocks it SHOULD have at least SOME immediate impact on proceedings, not be another "oh boy a 0.0023% increase, joy" moment, which I feel NGUI has a bit too much of.

e.: Like, as a counter example there's Relics, which have fairly chufty bonuses (for the most part, lmao at the 1 level capped "+2% Breed Power" and "+5% Plant Power" relics) level by level with a very clear progression path, presenting themselves as sizeable milestones to achieve. Relics have felt good, to me, from the first moment I unlocked them, and continue to be goals I'm motivated to work towards. Farming is giving some major "leave me alone for a week to get progress in the ~single digit percents range", which is nowhere near as cool.

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 5, 2021

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

KazigluBey posted:

I really don't get farming in NGUI, especially at unlock. It feel like late-(LATE)-game NGU where the last handful of features took forever to be good and the bonuses were absolutely minuscule until then. Like, I had some BDSM plants growing and after 6 hours the yield was ~70ish BDSM? lmao, this tells me I should basically ignore the feature for a long, long time while it builds in power, which is a really bad feel of a realization after the "oh boy what's next!" excitement that was the actual feature unlock. idk, I feel like when a new feature unlocks it SHOULD have at least SOME immediate impact on proceedings, not be another "oh boy a 0.0023% increase, joy" moment, which I feel NGUI has a bit too much of.

e.: Like, as a counter example there's Relics, which have fairly chufty bonuses (for the most part, lmao at the 1 level capped "+2% Breed Power" and "+5% Plant Power" relics) level by level with a very clear progression path, presenting themselves as sizeable milestones to achieve. Relics have felt good, to me, from the first moment I unlocked them, and continue to be goals I'm motivated to work towards. Farming is giving some major "leave me alone for a week to get progress in the ~single digit percents range", which is nowhere near as cool.

Well it's not a complete feature yet. 4G has farming upgrades as one of the planned features for the next update.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Well it's not a complete feature yet. 4G has farming upgrades as one of the planned features for the next update.

Ahh well cool then, that's not clear in game tho.

In general I hope we get more chufty Relic style systems and less NGU style Card systems, where you're slowly accumulating minuscule percents over long periods of time, anyway.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
next content update to NGU-I will contain:

map 5
researches + work order upgrades to cover said map 5 tech
farming upgrade menu that costs resource plants and spit out a variety of upgrades (bit of a focus on speed + efficiency + unique stuff like buffing experiment tag effects and the like)
8 new relics

in a few days

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
I've gotten into incremental epic hero recently and god its so loving CPU intensive, which is doubly frustrating when it doesnt have useful offline progress

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Lilli posted:

I've gotten into incremental epic hero recently and god its so loving CPU intensive, which is doubly frustrating when it doesnt have useful offline progress

somewhere in the menu is the option to turn off the graphics, which helps with that quite a bit. The steam version is far easier on the cpu than the browser one, as well.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

somewhere in the menu is the option to turn off the graphics, which helps with that quite a bit. The steam version is far easier on the cpu than the browser one, as well.

"Quite a bit" is probably overselling it. It cuts CPU usage on my 4.5Ghz i7 from 28% all the way down to 26%.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bedurndurn posted:

"Quite a bit" is probably overselling it. It cuts CPU usage on my 4.5Ghz i7 from 28% all the way down to 26%.

Oh, looks like they disabled the fps cap so perf mode just speeds the game up

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Near the end of current content for Matter Dimensions, it seems like you get a massive leap in everything when you hit the last neutron upgrade -- except for dimensional shards and neutrons themselves, somehow. The last achievement remaining, to get 8th dimensions, seems like it'll be a day or so of waiting even with dimensional challenge 1 complete and 2 running. Maybe the better strat is to push to Nitrogen lvl 1680 and just reset a bunch? Also, does the "protect more production from being reduced" gravitonic upgrade even do anything past 1 million gravitons or is the "power is increased based on unspent gravitons" upgrade just rounding the display to ^1 instead of actually being at it?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
One of these days I'm gonna play Matter Dimensions again and not stop playing when I realize I just manually did a gravitonic reset for the 2000th time.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Red Minjo posted:

Near the end of current content for Matter Dimensions, it seems like you get a massive leap in everything when you hit the last neutron upgrade -- except for dimensional shards and neutrons themselves, somehow. The last achievement remaining, to get 8th dimensions, seems like it'll be a day or so of waiting even with dimensional challenge 1 complete and 2 running. Maybe the better strat is to push to Nitrogen lvl 1680 and just reset a bunch? Also, does the "protect more production from being reduced" gravitonic upgrade even do anything past 1 million gravitons or is the "power is increased based on unspent gravitons" upgrade just rounding the display to ^1 instead of actually being at it?

You have reached the technical endgame. Getting DC2 was not really supposed to be doable (it is, but takes a day or so). There really isn't much more to do just yet.

I hit end-endgame a few weeks ago. My last major interaction was to unlock VC8, which currently has no reward as far as I can tell and I have bought the 100k genetic upgrades. Now I just leave it ticking away in the background waiting for the next upgrade. If you go too much further, you'll probably blow through the next update in a day or two.

No ETA on the next update, but from what I can tell, it's just going to be more stuff in Biological, as opposed to a new layer.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

frankenbeans posted:

You have reached the technical endgame. Getting DC2 was not really supposed to be doable (it is, but takes a day or so). There really isn't much more to do just yet.

I hit end-endgame a few weeks ago. My last major interaction was to unlock VC8, which currently has no reward as far as I can tell and I have bought the 100k genetic upgrades. Now I just leave it ticking away in the background waiting for the next upgrade. If you go too much further, you'll probably blow through the next update in a day or two.

No ETA on the next update, but from what I can tell, it's just going to be more stuff in Biological, as opposed to a new layer.

This is also where I am - though I hadn't tried to complete VC8 since the update, I suppose I'll give that a shot. I didn't have the patience to grind out DC2. I've also got all of the Neutronic challenges except 2x5 and 3x4 (and the meta-challenge, of course), and they seem to be effectively impossible at the moment. I've just been grinding up genes in my idle time and I've bought the first 1e6 "double gene income" upgrade. Eventually I'll get bored and shut the game off, but somehow it's still relaxing to just make number go up.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Klungar posted:

If you have more suggestions of what you’d like covered, let me know and I’ll pass them along to the dev.

Not really sure what specifically to mention.
I don't have a lot of inspiration on what to ask for; i have to admit it's not a particularly engaging idler. I play it because i have seen several people in here recommend it. The reason why still escapes me, even after nearly 2 weeks of playing.
It does all the wrong things with being a "base builder idle", in that it has both long build times as well as exorbant build costs. Contrasting this is NGUI with its instant build times and zero build costs.

I suppose it would be nice with some sort of guideline/recipe on when to do what.

E.g. i am on my 3rd transcendence, the first one was at tree level 10 and 10,8 resin iirc, the second one was at tree level 13 (?) and 21ish resin. I have no idea if any of that was correct, and if not how does the game give me feedback that this was not correct?
When should i do long runs (if ever)
Order of purchasing resin upgrades?
General playing tips, like is it worth uprooting the whole farm to grind out a few of the "plant 20" achievements?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GrossMurpel posted:

One of these days I'm gonna play Matter Dimensions again and not stop playing when I realize I just manually did a gravitonic reset for the 2000th time.
yeah, it'll be the day after the dev loving changes the game to not require so many drat manual resets

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

1) E.g. i am on my 3rd transcendence, the first one was at tree level 10 and 10,8 resin iirc, the second one was at tree level 13 (?) and 21ish resin. I have no idea if any of that was correct, and if not how does the game give me feedback that this was not correct?
2) When should i do long runs (if ever)

3) Order of purchasing resin upgrades?

4) General playing tips, like is it worth uprooting the whole farm to grind out a few of the "plant 20" achievements?

I feel like the guide does cover a number of these topics, but I’ll answer as best I can here:

1&2) Generally speaking, you’ll want to transcend whenever you have achieved a peak in resin/hr. The best way to earn resin is to do a bunch of faster runs based on that value. There are a couple reasons to push longer than this point, though:
a) you get another fruit drop at every level that ends in 5, and the rarity/bonus/number of bonuses of the fruit increases with every additional level of 5 you hit. Silver fruit start dropping at 25, Electrum fruit drop at 35, and gold fruit drop at 55. Silver fruit has two bonuses, and Electrum/gold fruit have three bonuses. Getting a Silver fruit with Flower Bonus/Berry Bonus on it can make a huge difference at early levels
b) There are additional types of crops that unlock at certain points in the game (namely, Nettles and Hives) that will make a huge impact on your gains after reaching them, so it may be worth pushing a little bit further to getting to that point and then rocketing to a much higher resin/hr value than you would have had at the previous local maximum
c) certain challenges unlock at certain tree levels, you would want to push to one of these unlock points if you are close

3) The guide covers this, but you want to first focus spending your resin on ethereal field plants, namely berries, flowers, and white lotus, basically whatever is cheapest is a good rule of thumb. As for upgrades, resin gain and growth speed are the best infinite upgrades, with most of the single level upgrades worth purchasing as soon as they are available, especially the ones that increase the size of the regular field and the ethereal field. Basic tree bonus and seasonal bonus upgrades are also worth throwing a couple of levels in them at the start when you have the resin to do so.

4) All those achievements are worth working towards at the end of your run when you are about to transcend anyway. Delete everything and blow your seeds unlocking as many as you can, then transcend and wait until you make some more progress in the game before doing so again.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Ignoranus posted:

This is also where I am - though I hadn't tried to complete VC8 since the update, I suppose I'll give that a shot. I didn't have the patience to grind out DC2. I've also got all of the Neutronic challenges except 2x5 and 3x4 (and the meta-challenge, of course), and they seem to be effectively impossible at the moment. I've just been grinding up genes in my idle time and I've bought the first 1e6 "double gene income" upgrade. Eventually I'll get bored and shut the game off, but somehow it's still relaxing to just make number go up.

Those last two neutronic challenges are entirely impossible in the current build.

And I'd hold off on VC8, it will probably be a cakewalk in the next update. And it might get a reward. I don't think it was supposed to be possible in this build, at least not in a reasonable timeframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Does anyone here still play Anti-Idle? I can't figure out how to activate superpowers in the card game and I'm not sure if it's a bug or I'm just missing something obvious—the wiki says you use the bar on the left here to buy them but clicking/shift-clicking it doesn't do anything