Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jamesman posted:

Counterpoint; James Remar's Raiden sacrificed his godhood so he could fight alongside Earthrealm in stopping Shao Khan. And he fought THREE Reptiles.

Counter counterpoint, that hair cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
It was pretty amazing how his hair went from white to blonde, though.

And that vest which showed off his impressive physique!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Powerful dad going through midlife crisis energy

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Jamesman posted:

I mean, yeah compared to the juiced up superheroes physiques of today he's puny but under normal circumstances he looks good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Counterpoint; James Remar's Raiden sacrificed his godhood so he could fight alongside Earthrealm in stopping Shao Khan. And he fought THREE Reptiles.

You mean the dude who gave up his godhood and then promptly fuckin' died?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

MH Knights posted:

I mean, yeah compared to the juiced up superheroes physiques of today he's puny but under normal circumstances he looks good.

That is impossible to discern thanks to his "guy who left LA because his reputation for being a sex creep was tanking his reiki sound therapy business so now he lives in Arizona with a woman who sells dreamcatchers on Etsy" character design and costuming

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
that IS a REALLY good way to describe that getup

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I haven't seen it so I can't koment on worst "Rayden" but I do appreciate he's the most Japanese.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

That is impossible to discern thanks to his "guy who left LA because his reputation for being a sex creep was tanking his reiki sound therapy business so now he lives in Arizona with a woman who sells dreamcatchers on Etsy" character design and costuming

I had to go look up the actor for Raiden, James Remar, to make sure this wasn't what happened to him.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

MH Knights posted:

I'm more commenting on the costume design. I don't need Raiden to be swole, but James Remar has certainly looked better in every other role I've ever seen him in.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

X-O posted:

Sequoia was actually just recently a big part of Empyre. Was fun to see him pop back up again in a big role after so long.

Was that any good? Looking for new Marvel comics to read, new for me being post 2016

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SlimGoodbody posted:

:perfect:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I want a manhunter movie, but it is the Paul kirk dismantling and killing the council who has made thousands of clone assassins of him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

I want a manhunter movie, but it is the Paul kirk dismantling and killing the council who has made thousands of clone assassins of him.

That Manhunter is such a neat concept and holy crap is that costume amazing. I have no faith that they would even try to translate it faithfully.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

That Manhunter is such a neat concept and holy crap is that costume amazing. I have no faith that they would even try to translate it faithfully.

Yeah the story is nuts, lasts 100 pages tops, and ends with a bang.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Codependent Poster posted:

Powerful dad going through midlife crisis energy

check out the We Hate Movies episode sometime if you want to hear this expanded on. Remar-Raiden just wanted to check on you and make sure you know that even though he's dating your mom, he's not trying to be your dad, Devin.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Shageletic posted:

Was that any good? Looking for new Marvel comics to read, new for me being post 2016

For a nonessential multi series special event, it was fine. Definitely less obnoxious than King in Black. I enjoyed the X-Men tie-in, and the wrap-up issue.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Canonically in MK lore, Raiden always fucks everything up so in a way movie Raiden was pretty good at being Raiden.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Blah blah go to the movies again please. More importantly there's the briefest glimpse of some Eternals footage, and title cards for all the other upcoming movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpxoFcdORI

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Films that are dated

Black Widow 6/9/21
Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 9/3/21
Eternals 11/5/21
Spider-Man: No Way Home 12/17/21
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 3/25/22
Thor: Love and Thunder 5/6/22
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 7/8/22
The Marvels: 11/11/22
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania 2/17/23
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 5/5/23

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They need to cast the F4 so I can get properly excited.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

They need to cast the F4 so I can get properly excited.

Surprise it’s the exact same cast from the 2005 movie

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I keep having to remind myself that we are getting four movies this year

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Biggest thing there besides Eternals footage is the changing of Captain Marvel 2 to The Marvels complete with Kamala's logo in the title.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Blah blah go to the movies again please. More importantly there's the briefest glimpse of some Eternals footage, and title cards for all the other upcoming movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpxoFcdORI

It was great being the only 3 people at the theater for GvsK

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Biggest thing there besides Eternals footage is the changing of Captain Marvel 2 to The Marvels complete with Kamala's logo in the title.

There's already CHUDS calling this out as a victory against Brie Larsen.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Heh, little do they know about that young Muslim lady about to be center stage. Score one in the culture war.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

They… they do know who Kamala is, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They seem to be overlooking this. As well as Monica being a strong black woman as well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

They seem to be overlooking this. As well as Monica being a strong black woman as well.

I bet all of them at some time complained about Kamala being created in the first place as political.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

I bet all of them at some time complained about Kamala being created in the first place as political.

One of my favorite conversations ever was with a former customer who was super angry about Captain Marvel being gender swapped. Like, he'd done just enough googling to know there was a male Captain Marvel but he somehow missed that Carol was an existing character. He got less happy when I pointed out that he was wrong but that Mar-vell WAS gender swapped in the film.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol they don't.
From every dunk on them I've seen a lot of them don't even read comic books or do a bit of research on the source material.

Either that or everything goes over their heads, like chuds who got mad at Rage Against the Machine, or complain that Star Trek is too woke.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's gonna be really goddamn funny when they find out!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

It's gonna be really goddamn funny when they find out!

The post I was commenting on and mocking has been deleted. I think he found out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao not even just Kamala, but probably the other "Marvel" former leader of the Avengers Monica loving Rambeau

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Wasn't Larson's original sin along the lines of saying she wasn't interested in hearing questions from cis white male journalists and instead wanted to hear from women of color?

This seems like a real win for her.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dexo posted:

Lmao not even just Kamala, but probably the other "Marvel" former leader of the Avengers Monica loving Rambeau
Not "probably", she's confirmed too. It's Carol, Monica, and Kamala.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Wasn't Larson's original sin along the lines of saying she wasn't interested in hearing questions from cis white male journalists and instead wanted to hear from women of color?

This seems like a real win for her.

It was even more targeted than that I think. For a movie that was made by a women of color, she wasn't interested in hearing what cis white male critics thought and wanted to hear what women of color thought. I think this was on A Wrinkle in Time?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Marvel Studios has (had?) a mystery film dated for October of next year, wonder if that's still the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Barry Convex posted:

Marvel Studios has (had?) a mystery film dated for October of next year, wonder if that's still the case
There’s been a rumor for awhile that there is some kind of X-Men thing in development so maybe it’s that?