Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Probably unrelated to Avengers being a wet fart, but I like to think it is.
https://twitter.com/comicbooknow/status/1387088883876302855?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Liar Lyre posted:

Probably unrelated to Avengers being a wet fart, but I like to think it is.
https://twitter.com/comicbooknow/status/1387088883876302855?s=21

If a Marvel VS DC game somehow happens, I was hoping Capcom would get to do it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Isnt there a rumor that some kind of Marvel vs DC thing is going to happen in the comics, or maybe Disney/Marvel buying out the comics line or something?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I don't think Warner wants to sell DC

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Has ICR abandoned Outriders yet

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah, Rise of the Imperfects 2!!!

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/HeyItsBWags/status/1387071101252128771

https://twitter.com/HeyItsBWags/status/1387071406538694658

ICR has somehow willed this into existence.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

what the what

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
That's loving amazing. Why the gently caress are they getting Asros lol, he was absolutely the dumbest gently caress Mr Gaz ever hired and that's saying something

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

TheAgent posted:

That's loving amazing. Why the gently caress are they getting Asros lol, he was absolutely the dumbest gently caress Mr Gaz ever hired and that's saying something

Please elaborate.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

TheAgent posted:

That's easily Ryolnir

e] On the other hand only one of the was dumb enough to join this cursed game so....

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The real question is who would hitch their wagon to Avengers at this point. Especially as a systems designer. What system is he going to design, how to make it have basic functionality once they bring the servers down?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Well we just got a new Captain America so that should entice people. Right? Right???

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Asros was a chud, right?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Father Wendigo posted:

Please elaborate.
he loves star citizen and thinks it is revolutionizing gaming

no I'm no joking

I mean you can pretty much start assuming everything from there

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 28, 2021

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
It was briefly on sale, 60% off, steam numbers went up to just above 2000.

Well done, I guess at this stage, everyone who wanted to try the single player campaign have pretty much already done it.

I anticipate maintenance mode within a matter of months.

Also, Outriders on Steam? Shedding about a thousand players every single day.

I guess not of these games are...serviceable. :)

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

RagnarokZ posted:

It was briefly on sale, 60% off, steam numbers went up to just above 2000.

Well done, I guess at this stage, everyone who wanted to try the single player campaign have pretty much already done it.

I anticipate maintenance mode within a matter of months.

Companies chasing that GAAS success like they did with MMOs of yesteryear; it's hard to make a good one and launch with enough content to compete with the already established successes of the market.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RagnarokZ posted:

outriders is explicitly not a live service game so I dunno what point you're making here?

I'm about 10 hours in and nearing the end of the campaign.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Fate Accomplice posted:

outriders is explicitly not a live service game so I dunno what point you're making here?

I'm about 10 hours in and nearing the end of the campaign.

Dude, it's a game with always online as a requirement, that means only really one thing, MORE MONEY.

And hey, if it looks like a GAAS, smells like a GAAS and has server issues at launch, well, why wouldn't I call it that.

And honestly, the developers and publishers can call it whatever they want, it matters not.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Outriders claims not to be a GAAS but its one in all but name, and even if it weren't its garbage like Avengers so it all works out in the wash.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Good lord can we nuke this thread so you two will stop posting in it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Im pretty sure the Marvel Heroes thread is more active than this one.

That game has been dead for three and a half years.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RagnarokZ posted:

Dude, it's a game with always online as a requirement, that means only really one thing, MORE MONEY.

And hey, if it looks like a GAAS, smells like a GAAS and has server issues at launch, well, why wouldn't I call it that.

And honestly, the developers and publishers can call it whatever they want, it matters not.

Can you actually buy anything with real money in Outriders?

Serious question, i completed the game and never saw an option. Always online doesn't mean GAAS lmao

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dogstile posted:

Serious question, i completed the game and never saw an option. Always online doesn't mean GAAS lmao

Nope. The endgame and loot system sure feel like a GAAS though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

dogstile posted:

yeah it's not. Doesn't mean being always online for a single player experience still isn't the most head up rear end design choice there is, but it's not a gaas

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Im pretty sure the Marvel Heroes thread is more active than this one.

That game has been dead for three and a half years.

PLAYABLE MODOK WHEN

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

!Klams posted:

PLAYABLE MODOK WHEN

Have they made him into a random boss mission yet because they shouldve ages ago

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

dogstile posted:

You know what, you've got a point, this is a GAAS, without monetization.

Something somewhere either went horrible right or awesomely wrong, because everything about this mess reeks of a Service, but there is no real monetization beyond a day-one DLC pack on Steam.

So something is clearly off, because the game is still always online, for seemingly no reason at all.

Only logical answer? The monetization is coming down the line and someone wanted to dodge a PR bullet.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Nope. The endgame and loot system sure feel like a GAAS though.
It's also been pulling the GAAS trick where if a bug makes things easier for the players to get loot it gets fixed/nerfed immediately, but if it makes things worse for the players nothing gets done.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

g0del posted:

It's also been pulling the GAAS trick where if a bug makes things easier for the players to get loot it gets fixed/nerfed immediately, but if it makes things worse for the players nothing gets done.

Did they ever fix the bug where the game would wipe your entire inventory at random?

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
They fixed it by turning it from a bug into a feature.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

Did they ever fix the bug where the game would wipe your entire inventory at random?
Yes, though I believe they're still working on returning the lost gear to players and fixing the characters who got so corrupted that they couldn't even be logged in with.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So due to poor judgement and boredom I bought this game at 60% off, really just to finish the campaign since I heard it was decent. But I just unlocked the wartable and did some lovely Siberia mission. I hope that isn't the end of the story arc? I failed the mission for mysterious reasons so I turned it off for the night.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So due to poor judgement and boredom I bought this game at 60% off, really just to finish the campaign since I heard it was decent. But I just unlocked the wartable and did some lovely Siberia mission. I hope that isn't the end of the story arc? I failed the mission for mysterious reasons so I turned it off for the night.

Unless youve fought MODOK then no youre not done. The game does force you to do some of the generic multiplayer missions to advance the story; theres a button to show mission storyline progress when browsing missions there and that should tell you how much you need to do.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, its basically like when the destiny campaign forces you to do a Strike.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think the idea was to give you an idea of what to expect in the endgame.

Something that pissed me off was to unlock the outfits via playing, it wasn't doing a mission chain, but doing weird tasks like use BW to do 10 finishers and stuff like that.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

People seem to still be somewhat lukewarm on Outriders, it's been the worst release out of the last 12 months for me. Forced multiplayer if you want to play on anything other than babby difficulty and get any use out of AOE abilities, but the multiplayer didnt work for 2 weeks, then it worked but it was bugged to poo poo, then the community made it so that you wouldn't even want to try PUG games.

I never even considered a refund on marvel, or even cyberpunk, but outriders is still unplayable to me.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

OxMan posted:

People seem to still be somewhat lukewarm on Outriders, it's been the worst release out of the last 12 months for me. Forced multiplayer if you want to play on anything other than babby difficulty and get any use out of AOE abilities, but the multiplayer didnt work for 2 weeks, then it worked but it was bugged to poo poo, then the community made it so that you wouldn't even want to try PUG games.

I never even considered a refund on marvel, or even cyberpunk, but outriders is still unplayable to me.

For me the demo of Outriders was suuuuper helpful, because seeing that whole "Forced multiplayer if you want to play on anything other than babby difficulty" thing in action really crystalized that I wouldn't enjoy it.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

why the gently caress are you all talking about outriders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

why the gently caress are you all talking about outriders

The alternative is talking about Marvels Avengers :barf: