Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Are Dark Order just LIJ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Taxman posted:

Please GIF Luther winding up for the corner hit, tia

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

av material right here

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pylons posted:

Are Dark Order just LIJ?

I don't know what lij is

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He's gathering energy.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
spanish fly on Blade outta FUKKEN NOWHERE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

spanish fly on Blade outta FUKKEN NOWHERE

Trey "Alan "V" Angels" Tucker is pretty good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love so loving much that Hardy's submission is called the Leech.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I gotta say, I am somewhat tired that the Dark Order loses due to their opponents using the numbers game better.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Who'd he ever beat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did Paul Wight just say,"It just shows to go."?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lol Bunny bullying Bryce

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

MorningMoon posted:

I gotta say, I am somewhat tired that the Dark Order loses due to their opponents using the numbers game better.

I kinda want a match where the DO comes out intending to cheat, and absolutely dunks on the HFO. Ideally, this would coincide with the return of Anna.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh man, Ryo vs Abadon slaps. This has to be Abadon's best match, too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Are Dark Order just LIJ?
LIJ's leader is an adult.

MorningMoon posted:

Oh man, Ryo vs Abadon slaps. This has to be Abadon's best match, too.
Abadon rules. I'm so on board for a push.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I'm happy Willow looked good and cool even though she lost.

I haven't watched AEW in forever, but whoever told Bryce to tone it the gently caress down is my hero. Towards the end of Chikara's existence I was so tired of half the refs bouncing and dancing around like he did. I didn't even recognize it was him till they did a closeup.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm partly enjoying Elevation for all the new faces, it's cool to see who's in the pipeline.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
a very good elevation (best yet?)

there was no elevation segment tho

i liked when serpentico just pointed to his mouth during the shout fest

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elevated Darkthoughts

1) Miro vs Will Allday. Someone's about to have a Will Bad Day. Very good bullying to start. Nice desperate fightback from Allday, who has some nice speed and good looking offense, until Miro just brings him down from the sky. Miro is taking his time on this one, not in a taunting way bit just in wanting the violence to go on for longer. And his conducting of the boos is just great. "GIVE ME YOUR CHAMPIONS!" is a brilliant terrifying thing for him to shout. Perfect execution of an execution.

Look at you Toney with your broken heart medallion and open collar.

2) Abadon vs Ryo Mizunami. Sickos window yes dot jpg. Ryo is so much my favourite. I have no idea what is going to happen in this match and that's awesome. Ryo psyching herself up to attack Abadon is great. Love Ryo doing all her shtick except she's kind of terrified. And the cursed hand spot! Ryo is so loving good. They shouldn't do it for a year or so, but I'd love a story where Abadon bites someone to win a match and they sell the bite for a couple of weeks until they come out as Abadon's undead servant. Folks, I am enjoying watching a pro wrestling match this morning. Oh wow. I was NOT expecting Abadon to win here. That is huge, and what a great match to set that up.

3) Jon Moxley vs Andrew Palace. I've been impressed by Andrew Palace the last few weeks. Obviously no wins but he's had some very good looking losses. Palace has some really nice offense here. He's showboating too much and Mox is taking full advantage, but Palace hung with him for a couple of minutes. That falcon arrow into the rear naked choke from Mox was excellent.

4) 10 vs ROME HAT. Rome Hat gets music! Rome Hat gets punched right in the goddamn mouth! 10 is getting so much better. Iron is sharpening iron, and his strength and aggression and ability to put a match together are all improving. I absolutely love the lighting of this match: the last rays of the magic hour make everything look great. D3 did a good job bumping like gently caress for 10 here.

5) Orange Cassidy vs VSK. Kris Stat coming out with OC was adorable. She looks so happy. The hands in pockets bit was great. Walking across VSK was fun as hell. It helps that he and VSK clearly know each other well. Wow, that reversal of the Orange Punch was great, but ultimately did nothing for VSK. Short one, but fun.

6) Hughes Bros vs FTR. HUGHES BROS, D-VON'S SONS, CERO MIEDO, BETTER THAN THE GUNNS. Love their twin pitbull logo. Some very nice hard hitting tag stuff. The Hughes Boys have a bit of a fumble with a planned spot (the footstool one) but generally they hang very well in there. FTR are of course very good. God, you could really do something with the Hughes bros if you gave them a bit of big ring experience. They're powerful, they hit hard, they have this really nice rugged babyface energy. I want to see them do well. Today, however, they get killed by FTR, which is as it should be going into Blood and Guts.

Lexy interviews Nyla on Friday! Yay!

7) Nyla Rose vs Madi Wrenkowski. Vickie bribes a ref in the centre of the ring. OK, sure. Oh, I love Nyla's hair today. Madi starts off hot, which might be the only way to hang with Nyla at all. And then she gets shut down. Nyla just demolishing her with lariats, throws, and a shoulder barge that just looked murderous. Short match, Madi looked good, Myla looked like a killer. Because she am one.

8) Nick Comoroto vs Baron Black. Baron Black is trying here, but he is facing a force of nature here. Oh gently caress me sideways that powerbomb is loving sick as hell. It's all over fast after he just splatters Baron Black into the canvas. Nicely done murder. And I LOVE Solow's lovely little grin.

9) Red Velvet vs Reka Tehaka. I do not know Reka Tehaka, Let's see how this goes. Tehaka is still a bit green, but she's got a lot of strength. Some nice blows, and someone has been showing her how to lay them in. But she's facing Red Velvet who is physically small but has a superb killer instinct. Velvet wins, but Tehaka looked pretty good in there. I'm entirely fine with this.

10) Private Party vs Ganon Jones and Duke Davis. Davis and Jones are huge guys, and were impressive last time. It will be nice to see them against small fast guys. I have to say that I absolutely love Private Party as heels. They still get to see all the fun stuff they did as faces, but now they get to be sneaky and lovely and funny too. Oh poo poo, that corkscrew moonsault from Ganon Jones was loving sick as hell. I would have no problem with Mane Event as underneath guys.

11) Thunder Rosa vs Willow Nightingale. Been looking forward to this one. Rosa is great, and Willow's been my girl since the first time I saw her. Rosa is one of the best in the world. Willow has absolutely superb facial expressions. Willow landing strikes and getting pumped up, The cartwheel thrust kick looked good. The match could do with a bit of tightening up, but Willow is showing some great power and the two of them have decent chemistry. However we get the Fire Thunder Driver and that's all she wrote. I enjoyed this and I hope we get Willow back.

12) Dillon McQueen vs QT Marshall. McQueen impressed a lot on the Nightmare Factory showcase, so this could be fun. I expect QT will give him a decent amount of shine before just flat out loving murdering him. The "Cody Killer" weight belt is a nice lovely touch. Nice fire flurry from McQueen, until he overextends and Marshall takes advantage. Marshall is absolutely great at being a loving snake. Uh oh, McQueen is busted open. He's looked good here and got the crowd behind him. The Diamond Cutter - pullup - cross rhodes works as a scumbag finish. This was good.

QT piledrives McQueen on the steel steps. And nobody comes out. All your gods have abandoned you.

13) Chaos Project vs Gunn Club. I try not to get hot about the results of wrestling matches, but Chaos Project better loving win. Serpentico isolated, but when is he not? He's either being beaten up by his opponents or used as a weapon by his partner. Serpentico hugging Luther to get him to tag in was great. God, remember the dark days when we all thought Luther sucked? Serpentico is unusually accepting of the weapon spots here. Love the docie doe corner spots. Chaos Project are so much fun. It's easy to forget that Serpentico is a really really good worker. Annoyed at the team who need the win least winning, but the match was fun.

14) The Blade and Matt Hardy vs Dark Order's Alan Angels and Colt Cabana. I love that Dark Order are a New Japan style "pick 2 guys" stable. Four really solid guys who can have a great match at the drop of a hat facing off. Blage just punishing Five for existing in the same ring as him. Hey, you know what would be really good at some point down the line? Butcher and Blade feuding with Best Friends. Maybe with Hardy to even out Orange Cassidy and The Bunny to even out Kris Stat. Enjoying Blade and Colt facing off. Hardy cheating like gently caress because he might as well is great. I quite like that the face in peril spot has Colt as the face in peril with Five as the hot tag. Paul, Colt calls it the Flying Apple because if he called it the Flying rear end in a top hat he'd get taken off TV. Lovely hot streak from Angels, lots of innovative stuff and nice strikes. Aw, loved the assisted moonsault from Angels and Cabana. This is a really nice match. Oh, I really love the Leech submission from Hardy. Just drains the strength from Angels beautifully.

Good main event capped off a good show. An enjoyable block of wrestling.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Alaois posted:

THE DEFENSIVE SITUP

Just catching up now but Ryzin marking out for Abandon is a highlight of the show so far. Ryzin rules.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Just catching up now but Ryzin marking out for Abandon is a highlight of the show so far. Ryzin rules.

when there were dueling chants for Ryo and Abadon, in some camera shots you could see Ryzin and whoever the blonde girl next to him was turned to face each other with Ryzin chanting for Abadon and the girl chanting for Ryo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Chinston Wurchill posted:

i did catch that too haha

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
still think that ryzin would be a fantastic manager for abadon when it's time for her to be on dynamite

plus you could also have her kicking around ringside for his matches

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
hello Elevation heads

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I was on an elevator one time and thought "heh, nice AEW reference:"

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Ah, I see they’re starting off the show the right way, with Hook.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The Stroker Ace posted:

Always Be Hooking

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Greetings one and all, to this Monday

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

this b-roll sucks lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RIIIIIIIIIIIIISE

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Is Paul the biggest man in aew?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
let's get ELEVATED :350:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh poo poo this match should rule

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Stroker Ace posted:

Are you watching the right weeks ep

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lee got a new theme. I think?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Big Lee Shotty Johnson

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

oh poo poo this match should rule

I've got high hopes

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alaois posted:

Big Lee Shotty Johnson

Shotty Johnson might actually be a better name.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pylons posted:

Lee got a new theme. I think?

I don't recall hearing it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The nightmare factory/the factory is like a black lodge/white lodge thing