Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Doubletake mirrors are the only functional ones I've ever willingly left on a motorcycle, and I really liked how well I could see behind me. Most mirrors suck, but doubletakes look good and actually work. Totally worth the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I had some doubletake enduro mirrors I used on my transalp but tought they looked a bit silly on my fz6n. so I sold them and went back to stock. Adjustability was too crap. I have since rebought doubletake adventure mirrors instead.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Supradog posted:

I had some doubletake enduro mirrors I used on my transalp but tought they looked a bit silly on my fz6n. so I sold them and went back to stock. Adjustability was too crap. I have since rebought doubletake adventure mirrors instead.

Yeah that's what I bought, the Adventure mirrors. I don't actually care enough if they look stupid, but it's hard riding down the road to stare longingly into your own shoulders. I'll probably wind up getting a set for my Scrambler too.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Strife posted:

Thank you - I just ordered some. The stock mirrors are the worst I've ever used. I'm constantly torn with this bike on whether I want to research replacements for minor annoyances on a bike I bought to drop in puddles.

I also have the adventures, you'll love them. I rarely gush over products but the DT's are worth the money. The downside of them: they are very much designed to be functional and look very weird on street bikes.

Bonus is if you are strictly going offroad riding you can leave off the mirrors and have two extra ball mounts for whatever else.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Gorson posted:

Bonus is if you are strictly going offroad riding you can leave off the mirrors and have two extra ball mounts for whatever else.

Perfect.

:911:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
What would that be used for?! Like offroading where you want the gun handy for wildlife? Traffic? Questions of the size of your manhood? I already don't understand riders that open carry.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Coydog posted:

What would that be used for?! Like offroading where you want the gun handy for wildlife? Traffic? Questions of the size of your manhood? I already don't understand riders that open carry.

I have absolutely no idea. I don’t even know why it exists.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

I imagine it's for people who's entire self worth is based on their thirst for hypothetical but justified murder.

So pigs and their fans basically.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

It exists because it makes money. :911:

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I also did this to my bike today:

Unfortunately I couldn't take the Kawasaki to pick that part up because I didn't have a way to easily bring it back home. Fortunately I have a bike that already had a luggage rack:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Coydog posted:

backcountry access to a cabin in bear / other predator country where you don’t wanna carry your G20 on your person (falling on tools (guns included) is no bueno)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Motocross biathlon

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

right arm posted:

backcountry access to a cabin in bear / other predator country where you don’t wanna carry your G20 on your person (falling on tools (guns included) is no bueno)

That was kinda my thought, though a glock is not my first choice for "anti-bear". But either way anything bigger would feel like poo poo with the weight all high and offcenter like that.

The thing I really noticed is they picture it for LEFT hand draw, which means they are selling to someone who wants to brandish while moving. So likely

Slavvy posted:

I imagine it's for people who's entire self worth is based on their thirst for hypothetical but justified murder.

So pigs and their fans basically.

That said

Chris Knight posted:

Motocross biathlon

I would watch the hell out of Trials Biathlon, where the riders have to balance on something crazy while they take the shot.

Anyway the only acceptable way to carry a gun on a motorcycle is a fuckoff huge revolver in a chest holster. :gritin:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Back strapped lever action shotgun or rifle.

Alternatively, HK briefcase mp5 disguised as a pannier.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lever action winchester carbine in a scabbard on one of the fork legs, imo

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Vespazooka

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Lever action

wtf

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Phy posted:

Vespazooka

Vespazooka

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

OK that's badass actually. I had a lever action .22 as a child (:911:) and I would so prefer a bolt action in every other scenario.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Toe Rag posted:

OK that's badass actually. I had a lever action .22 as a child (:911:) and I would so prefer a bolt action in every other scenario.

I’m the extremely shameful admission that you’ve never seen Terminator 2

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

quote:

The scooter themselves were original civilian produced VB1T models, 150 cc capacity engine. The engine was two stroke, top speed of 60 km/h, enough speed to ram any vehicles if needed in an emergency,

I want to see this Wikipedia editor try and ram another vehicle with a Vespa.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A 250lb vehicle traveling at 37mph as a battering ram.

Got it

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I feel like we have all missed the obvious best gun on bike solution; making fingerguns while you toggle the killswitch on a carb'd bike :thunkgun:

Slavvy posted:

Back strapped lever action shotgun or rifle.

Alternatively, HK briefcase mp5 disguised as a pannier.

We are of the same mind on this one. I love levers and one in a back scabbard is just the coolest thing. But then I thought what if you have an off and fall on it, damaging your spine?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

I feel like we have all missed the obvious best gun on bike solution; making fingerguns while you toggle the killswitch on a carb'd bike :thunkgun:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've done that a couple of times but i saw a video of some chavs doing it to every pedestrian in london and eventually they blew their muffler to pieces so i'm scared to do it much more.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I want to know what this means?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Carbed bikes will still suck fuel into the barrel under drive when you flick the killswitch on, you can give it a small turn of throttle for good measure then flick the killswitch back off and the spark will ignite the excess fuel that has now made it into the exhaust and make a good bang and shoot flame out the pipe.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

It was my favourite trick in the middle of the summer in St Ives when I was 17 (United Kingdom) Hundreds of tourist family's enjoying the summer sun and seaside day out, only to be ruined by a gang of yobos on 125cc's popping gunshot backfires and balls of flame out of straight through pipes.
Gaaalooorious

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Changed to summer tires. and checked my front sprocket on my nx250. Which was good..
it's dead jim.

JT sprocket only lasted 10k miles/ 17k km.

So this time I'm gonna take my time, dremel away the booger welds just enough so the lock washer works as stock.
(countershafts are still unobtainium, only option is junkyards)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

E: ^^^^^ how in the actual gently caress did you do that in 10k, that is not normal at all.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m the extremely shameful admission that you’ve never seen Terminator 2

I can only assume toe rag is a 13yo because the concept of an adult who has never seen that movie is...it's just unspeakable.

Coydog posted:

We are of the same mind on this one. I love levers and one in a back scabbard is just the coolest thing. But then I thought what if you have an off and fall on it, damaging your spine?

Grenade launchers doubling as frame sliders for maximum safety, just in case.

Fun fact: doing the backfire trick can end very badly if you have a bike with finger followers + exposed shims. The backfire pulse can ram the exhaust valve open and potentially cause the valve shim to bounce out.

You can also do this to a ktm 1290 if you fit a quick shifter that works by cutting spark aka every quick shifter ever, you have to get a ktm-specific type that also cuts fuel.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Salisbury Snape posted:

Carbed bikes will still suck fuel into the barrel under drive when you flick the killswitch on, you can give it a small turn of throttle for good measure then flick the killswitch back off and the spark will ignite the excess fuel that has now made it into the exhaust and make a good bang and shoot flame out the pipe.

I had a 4.2L keep wrangler that was carbureted and switching the key on and off would do this. It was straight piped so it sounded like a 12ga shotgun when it happened

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Slavvy posted:

E: ^^^^^ how in the actual gently caress did you do that in 10k, that is not normal at all.

Yup, I'm really not sure.
I did both sprockets + chain. jt sprockets + did vx2.
The chain started stretching pretty fast, so much I reached the end of adjustment after only 8k km/5k miles.
Both sprockets looked okay. Dropped in another chain. that one has not needed much adjustment.
Rear sprocket looks fine, chain is still okay. crush drive rubber is still there.

I'm gonna just drop in new everything and dremel the lock trace for that washer properly. + use smaller headed screws for the lock washer.

Keep in mind that this is a nx250. 25hp when it was new 30 years ago. Not a power beast..

gently caress previous owners that break counter shaft tips and just weld them.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Sounds like the tension is wrong.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Slavvy posted:

I can only assume toe rag is a 13yo because the concept of an adult who has never seen that movie is...it's just unspeakable.
I was probably 13 the last (only?) time I saw it :o: I don't remember much

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SEKCobra posted:

Sounds like the tension is wrong.

I was thinking that.

Iirc that bike gets run with a shitload of stuff strapped on all the time, maybe try checking tension with yourself and all your stuff on it in case it's getting too tight when it's all loaded up.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

I think that may be the case. I mean I check chain slack unloaded but we do poo poo like this on them..

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Lol, yes that might be the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

That really had me laughing out loud, the loving bbq!!