Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol labour is broke

https://twitter.com/ted_pen/status/1389637201470926852?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it wasn’t long ago that all the big banks were desperate to get in to the labour conference to see what jeremy corbyn / mcdonnell were planning for the economy if he won

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao owned idiots

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

amazing party strategy to not appeal to anyone at all with no policies.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jel Shaker posted:

it wasn’t long ago that all the big banks were desperate to get in to the labour conference to see what jeremy corbyn / mcdonnell were planning for the economy if he won

And then Jereby Crumbin tried to personally murder every Jew on these islands, screaming that the worst thing Oliver Cromwell ever did was overturn King Edward's Edict of Expulsion all the while.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

policies are prohibited

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

forkboy84 posted:

And then Jereby Crumbin tried to personally murder every Jew on these islands, screaming that the worst thing Oliver Cromwell ever did was overturn King Edward's Edict of Expulsion all the while.
Goes to show just how antisemetic he is, when he was committed enough to the IRA cause that he masterminded the Mountbatten assassination.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamPolitics/status/1389905437017915393?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahaha what a disaster . a whole country of petit bourgeoisie

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Struggling to comprehend the levels of sensibility were going to see when labour get owned tomorrow

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Of course electability isn't about winning elections,

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

namesake posted:

Yeah the government might slightly be overreaching in its plan to criminalise the act of protest so I'm basically settled into the idea of picking up some scars and a record over the next few years no matter what.

this is an admiral and potentially simply realist thing to think, and I may be misjudging you here, but don’t become a martyr. I know a lot of people who’ve been quite gung-ho until their first violent police encounter/arrest, and it suddenly gets very real when that happens. Arrests and state suppression are a part of being an activists but please do take all precautions you can and practice tight security culture. whether you leave your phone home or take it ‘cos it’ll probably be fine’ can easily be the difference between a night in the cells and a couple of years in prison. Again you strike me as a good and sensible comrade but I always feel obligated to say this whenever this sentiment comes up. Make sacrifices but make the right ones, and make sure anything that doesn’t need to be a sacrifice isn’t one.

also to your point on ecology and fascism: don’t underestimate the green fash movement. things the the hundred handers are super dangerous and ecological rhetoric is not only intrinsic to fascism but very popular in the most dangerous movements about right now. the average EDL goon might not have given a poo poo but your average Patriotic Alternative member definitely does.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Netpol has lots of protest advice on their twitter and dedicated solicitors for arrested protestors.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1389938126219530242?s=20

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Still lol'ing that Labour's complete self-immolation is all because Corbin told some edgelord nitwit graffiti artist he liked his bad mural on Facebook.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

mrmcd posted:

Still lol'ing that Labour's complete self-immolation is all because Corbin told some edgelord nitwit graffiti artist he like his bad mural on Facebook.

Is it though

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Still lol'ing that Labour's complete self-immolation is all because Corbin told some edgelord nitwit graffiti artist he liked his bad mural on Facebook.

I think you've got the cause and effect mixed up. The Labour Right were looking for a way to self immolate and that loving mural finally gave them the spark

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

more like the Duchess of Success

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

multijoe posted:

I think you've got the cause and effect mixed up. The Labour Right were looking for a way to self immolate and that loving mural finally gave them the spark

Sure that's fair.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hilarious that on the eve of the election the main lefty paper (lol) is leading with 'leader of the opposition tells everyone to expect nothing as a win would be unlikely' I mean at least pretend like you might do well

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
The antisemitism thing was also just not the first attempt to sabotage Corbyn, just the thing that developed any traction.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Junkozeyne posted:

The antisemitism thing was also just not the first attempt to sabotage Corbyn, just the thing that developed any traction.

Remember when Cameron told him off for looking scruffy in the house of commons

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
remember when a christmas carol was basically the protocols of the elders of zion

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

What? Her dad gave the letter to the mail right? Copyright???

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
good lord the replies to that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

people really, rightly hate the daily mail

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/chrm_q/status/1389946430488563712?s=19

cursed

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

the sex ghost posted:

Remember when Cameron told him off for looking scruffy in the house of commons

remember when they said he was a soviet asset, repeatedly, and he had to sue a number of government MPs for libel

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
He didn't do enough of that tbh

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

the sex ghost posted:

Hilarious that on the eve of the election the main lefty paper (lol) is leading with 'leader of the opposition tells everyone to expect nothing as a win would be unlikely' I mean at least pretend like you might do well

It's because the internal polling is even worse than what people are seeing

Labour are gonna get crushed tomorrow

If loads of councillors get binned because of Keith this might actually cause some problems, blairite councillors are the bedrock of the Labour right

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah for whatever faults the NIP have they seem to be quick to lawyer up which is good

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

the sex ghost posted:

Ooh, I've just thought of a great new excuse!

"It would be wrong to do well in these elections at a time when the Covid crisis is still persisting. Therefore, Labour have made the patriotic choice to lose on purpose, so as not to distract the government from it's very important task of overseeing our return to normality."

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

Ooh, I've just thought of a great new excuse!

"It would be wrong to do well in these elections at a time when the Covid crisis is still persisting. Therefore, Labour have made the patriotic choice to lose on purpose, so as not to distract the government from it's very important task of overseeing our return to normality."

I do like the national unity excuse to this. Also implicitly reinforcing that it is labour's role to lose and to be the ones to always concede.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Junkozeyne posted:

Is there a list of the corbyn smears that were tried before settling on antisemitism? Off the top of my head, I recall:

-corbyn is too poorly dressed to be in parliament
-corbyn is an agent of the IRA/corbyn helped assassinate mountbatten
-corbyn was an agent of the czech intelligence service during the soviet era
-corbyn did a hit and run on a pedestrian
-corbyn will send all tory voters to reeducation camps

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

bedpan posted:

Is there a list of the corbyn smears that were tried before settling on antisemitism? Off the top of my head, I recall:

'Smears' you say

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

bedpan posted:

also he was a putin puppet who was trying to fracture labour something something midlands are the next crimea (all the guardian brained people i know still think this)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Whenever Meghan Markle news comes up, I’m reminded of whoever pointed out that people were terrified her kids might resemble her more than her in-laws. There’s a lot of ways to illustrate how insanely racist the UK are, but that may be the most succinct.

(Yes, “Brexit” is only a single word, but that requires the listener to have an understanding of just how stupid it actually is)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

bedpan posted:

He hosed a black woman in the 70s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bedpan posted:

too old and frail to lead but simultaneously rides everywhere on a maoist bicycle