Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

That bit about Savage putting hidden cameras into his girlfriend's house though, oof. That's bad enough, but she had a 17-year-old sister living with her.

The 17 year old sister he tried to arrange a 3 way with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm very interested in what they do with the Warrior episode now. I assumed it'd be a whitewashing but now I'm not so sure.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

That was Gorgeous George and her sister, right?

Was she the one that did an angle that Savage was beating her, with a black eye and all, during the Poop Feud, only for it to be a swerve, brother?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm very interested in what they do with the Warrior episode now. I assumed it'd be a whitewashing but now I'm not so sure.
Since they've named an award after him I'm guessing they're going to whitewash everything other than "He sabotaged himself" so that people don't dig up the gross poo poo he was saying before he died and connect the dots to the Warrior Award.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Since they've named an award after him I'm guessing they're going to whitewash everything other than "He sabotaged himself" so that people don't dig up the gross poo poo he was saying before he died and connect the dots to the Warrior Award.

It will be funny when this gets way more backlash than the Austin white washing.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The observer rss broken for anyone else? Yesterday's ep is still not up for me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

The observer rss broken for anyone else? Yesterday's ep is still not up for me.

As in the May 4th ep? Working fine for me, last time that happened I had to re-enter my password in my podcast app

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Jesus Christ :cripes:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Quantum of Phallus posted:

As in the May 4th ep? Working fine for me, last time that happened I had to re-enter my password in my podcast app

Even that didn't do it but after removing the feed entirely and re-adding it the updates come in as normal again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RealFoxy posted:

Probably not even the more mundane but over the top stuff like forcing WWF to buy a bunch of his comic.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

For what it's worth, Dave said that the interviewers asked about "everything" which would include the racism, homophobia, etc. Whether that makes it into the final cut is anyone's guess but Dave seemed to suggest that WWE didn't have final edit on they other episodes like the Bret one. That's why it's interesting to me, anyway.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

And now I'm listening to B&V&C review the Savage documentary and Bryan at the end said something like "to be fair, "wrestler does well, makes his money and then retires happily ever after with his wife" wouldn't make a very compelling documentary." And of course the Rockstar Lifestyle is always strangely powerful so I see his point.

But it made me wonder what big time wrestlers would even fit that bill? All I got is Diamond Dallas Page. Is he the greatest success story in wrestling history? And I'd love to see a documentary on him.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I think DDP is a bad example because that's "wrestler does well, makes his money, retires, and then does something both interesting and more important than his wrestling career"

Like you could do an entire 44 minute documentary about DDP that only spends 4 minutes on him being a wrestler and it'd still be good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Owen was on his way :(

A bunch of modern guys seem like they'll have that path. I think Tito Santana basically achieved that.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Brock you fools

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

HerraS posted:

Brock you fools

Brock said a bunch of homophobic poo poo so should be disqualified on that basis, what we want is someone who got in and got out while also not being a piece of poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Punch McLightning posted:

Owen was on his way :(

A bunch of modern guys seem like they'll have that path. I think Tito Santana basically achieved that.

Ricky Steamboat, too.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
The Rock

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Rick Steiner seems to be doing all right, but he and Scott were assholes, so...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Mick Foley, aside from not being able to move well.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

terry funk

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You will never see a doc on DDP that isn't actually an infomercial in disguise

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Brock said a bunch of homophobic poo poo so should be disqualified on that basis, what we want is someone who got in and got out while also not being a piece of poo poo.

I have some incredibly bad news for you, terrible monsters can be the wrestler that "does well, makes his money and then retires happily ever after with his wife"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Ricky Steamboat, too.

Ricky Steamboat had a very bitter divorce due to his own infidelity in the 1990s which resulted in him not only losing his chain of gyms in Florida and Connecticut but also the rights to the name Ricky Steamboat for years. He only reacquired the rights right before his Ring of Honor run in 2005. I think Bix knows more on this.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

karmicknight posted:

I have some incredibly bad news for you, terrible monsters can be the wrestler that "does well, makes his money and then retires happily ever after with his wife"

Yeah no poo poo but it would be nice to focus on the ones who did it without being pieces of poo poo, like I said.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JOHN CENA posted:

Ricky Steamboat had a very bitter divorce due to his own infidelity in the 1990s which resulted in him not only losing his chain of gyms in Florida and Connecticut but also the rights to the name Ricky Steamboat for years. He only reacquired the rights right before his Ring of Honor run in 2005. I think Bix knows more on this.

and then he came back do some matches on 09 and the nexus gave him an aneurysm or something.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Really awkward moment on today’s WOR when Dave tries to pivot from Daniel Bryan to Dark Side of the Ring.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Wish Bryan would stop pretending like he doesn't know the difference between "I want Chris Jericho to dive onto concrete and die" and "ha, that spot looked a little goofy"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Really awkward moment on today’s WOR when Dave tries to pivot from Daniel Bryan to Dark Side of the Ring.

what the hell was he trying to say here. like i just heard it and have no idea what he was getting at

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I assume it was a reference to Brian Pillman's weird worked-shoot thing where he got 'fired' from WCW for being a loose cannon, and convinced the office they had to *really* fire him so people wouldn't think it was a work, and then once he was officially out of his WCW contract immediately signed with WWF.

That was the impression I got at least. I am mostly tickled by Meltzer's assumption that he'll be doing talking head spots for Dark Side of the Ring in 2051.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

what the hell was he trying to say here. like i just heard it and have no idea what he was getting at

I think Dave was trying to say he knows where Bryan is going but can't say yet.

It came off as "Daniel Bryan is going to do a ton of cocaine"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think Dave was trying to say he knows where Bryan is going but can't say yet.

It came off as "Daniel Bryan is going to do a ton of cocaine"

How do you think he repaired his brain lesions?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

How do you think he repaired his brain lesions?

I can believe Daniel Bryan thinks he might have ghosts in his blood :hai:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
sounds like we're getting another 6 stars tomorrow

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave's volume was a bit lower than usual on WOR today and boy howdy did Bryan enjoy steamrollering the steamroller

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I think it's just a "this is a big story" thing.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Free Patreon preview AND a new Walk on the Wildside!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1390137479253135362
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1390360414299504644

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1388688950861213696

High res theatrical messy office

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao the footage of Dave posting on the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

is that also the same shirt from the pwg dave-is-ripped photo?