Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I don't want to photo it all, but I bought a fuckton of fishing tackle. Got a tackle bag since we're either on a boat or walkin around, some new planos, offset worm hooks, rubber worms, smaller weights (bullet, egg, cannonball, slim), an assortment of jerkbaits, and a few different types of trout bait.

My partner and I had talked about fishing for a while, last time we went was 2019 for obvious reasons but that was ocean fishing and what we were doin didn't need much tackle. Well now we decided to do some lake fishin cause one of roommates gets too sea sick to do ocean fishin and we wanted to include everyone, so I needed to gear up. Went last weekend, caught nothing but it was a super nice day so A+ anyway. Gonna do some surf fishin this weekend, see if we can land some legal halibut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

OSU_Matthew posted:

Bought some clothes recently!

Specifically a piece of Steve Jobs’ old turtleneck

lmao what the gently caress

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OSU_Matthew posted:

These are so great! I have the full set and some add-ons like an extra Columbia tile piece. Great conversation pieces; back when the kids had people over, they’d often end up poring over the books and googling stuff to learn more.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

skooma512 posted:

My Fire Stick was rebooting a lot and there was so much menu lag. Amazon released a new FS last week so I grabbed it.

Honestly the remote alone was worth most of the 40 bux. It can control the rest of the TV, which hitherto was the original tv remote with buttons that were getting janky. Also has app shortcuts and menus are smoother and I can switch much quicker between services. It took me 45 minute solid minutes to pick something to watch.

One remote to rule them all was the dream. I loving hate having to hunt remotes down.

Was that the original fire stick you replaced? I've got an original where the remote doesn't do any tv stuff, then some version 2's that control power and volume, then some 4k's that do the same. The 4ks recently received the new menu upgrade which they said would be gradually rolled out to the older versions throughout this year, but the original version 1s are getting pretty laggy. Just wondering if that's what you had.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

OSU_Matthew posted:

Mini museum have officially jumped the goddamn shark

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bottom Liner posted:

Mini museum have officially jumped the goddamn shark

That was their second one, no? Years ago.

E: oop, no, 3rd from 2017.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

That was their second one, no? Years ago.

E: oop, no, 3rd from 2017.
The megalodon tooth was literally in that image.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mystes posted:

The megalodon tooth was literally in that image.

Wonderful, thank you.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Let me know when they release one with a real piece of Steve Jobs

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I bought a door.

This door!

Not that specific door, but one just like it!

It doesn't go anywhere at the moment, but it's replacing my front door that I assume was originally installed when the place was built back in the 50s.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

OniPanda posted:

I don't want to photo it all, but I bought a fuckton of fishing tackle. Got a tackle bag since we're either on a boat or walkin around, some new planos, offset worm hooks, rubber worms, smaller weights (bullet, egg, cannonball, slim), an assortment of jerkbaits, and a few different types of trout bait.

My partner and I had talked about fishing for a while, last time we went was 2019 for obvious reasons but that was ocean fishing and what we were doin didn't need much tackle. Well now we decided to do some lake fishin cause one of roommates gets too sea sick to do ocean fishin and we wanted to include everyone, so I needed to gear up. Went last weekend, caught nothing but it was a super nice day so A+ anyway. Gonna do some surf fishin this weekend, see if we can land some legal halibut.

Where are you that you can fish for halibut in the surf? Anyways come on down to the fishing thread if you havent yet.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Your door has a vulva on it.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Just wait till you see the back door.

mystes
May 31, 2006

SpartanIvy posted:

That's the Mini Mausoleum series.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

That was my immediate reaction too

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Slimy Hog posted:

That was my immediate reaction too

Also my reaction. My 2nd reaction is the thought of H.R. Giger doing architectural doors.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thankfully vulva’s are great

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Guess what I’m making

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Some kind of unabomber hideout in the woods where the government can’t read your thoughts

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

ReidRansom posted:

Well, I was going to paint it pink.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

Guess what I’m making

Faraday cage.

no nothing there implies it I'm just guessing

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

bowmore posted:

thankfully vulva’s are great

That was never in question. Whether you'd want to celebrate that with your front door is another issue.

Thankfully the answer to that is that of course you would.

Wacky Delly posted:

Well, I was going to paint it pink.

And now you must.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

davebo posted:

Was that the original fire stick you replaced? I've got an original where the remote doesn't do any tv stuff, then some version 2's that control power and volume, then some 4k's that do the same. The 4ks recently received the new menu upgrade which they said would be gradually rolled out to the older versions throughout this year, but the original version 1s are getting pretty laggy. Just wondering if that's what you had.

I think it's from like 2016 or 2017? Its remote only controlled the Fire Stick.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Bape Culture posted:

Some kind of unabomber hideout in the woods where the government can’t read your thoughts

ZeusCannon posted:

Faraday cage.

no nothing there implies it I'm just guessing

Not sure what makes me give off “paranoid loner” vibes but I’m into it.

Anyway I’m making a sword.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Coffee And Pie posted:

You're a regular poster on the Something Awful dot com forums.

Content, I bought one of those spiky plastic mats so my computer chair doesn't wreck my carpet. And a green sharpie.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Anyway I’m making a sword.

Perhaps the fact that you are making a sword is what causes you to give off “paranoid loner” vibes. correlation doesn’t equal causation tho

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

SpartanIvy posted:

Well the latest one has a piece of a human heart, and Jobs jumped the transplant list to get a new liver, sooooooooo

Vitamins posted:

Just wait till you see the back door.

:eyepop:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A couple of Patagonia Nano Puff jackets.
In these two colors:

I like them both, but I'll probably send one back because I live in Texas right now and have too many jackets and coats already. Just not sure which to keep. I wanted the Kelp Forest one, but I've got so much green already probably.

Oh and a big bunch of Japanese records arrived today. Noice. City pop stuff and some Inoue Yosui.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Having 2 of the same winter jacket seems... overkill

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I was always jealous of the kids that got both Red and Blue Pokemon cartridges.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I mean, one is likely going back. I was just uncertain how the colors would look in person and how they'd work with my other stuff I might be wearing. I'll probably send the blue one back, I think.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Have you considered the possibility that it's just one jacket but you need to be wearing 3d glasses?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

whoa

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

wait, no, they came in different shipments

on the same day

and I feel bad about that

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Josh Lyman posted:

Having 2 of the same winter jacket seems... overkill

I have 3 pairs of Arc'teryx Perimeter pants (2 in the same color), and 2 other Arc'teryx pants so I can cycle through them between wash cycles. If you want to keep both Patagonia jackets, you should do so.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

New shoes for work since I am on my feet all day:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Crab Dad posted:

Where are you that you can fish for halibut in the surf? Anyways come on down to the fishing thread if you havent yet.

SoCal, fishin out at redondo beach. Right now is past peak time for California halibut, but still gonna throw some lines and see if we get anything. Went out this mornin and got nada, but keep tryin different spots on the beach and try to find the good structure.

Readin the fishin thread but not caught up yet. In the fishin discord though.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

OniPanda posted:

SoCal, fishin out at redondo beach. Right now is past peak time for California halibut, but still gonna throw some lines and see if we get anything. Went out this mornin and got nada, but keep tryin different spots on the beach and try to find the good structure.

Readin the fishin thread but not caught up yet. In the fishin discord though.

Affectedly dropping five terminal "g"s in four sentences is the text equivalent of wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt I think. You're a chilled out beach bro who doesn't care what anyone thinks of you, so much so that you meticulously ensure you never end a word with g so that everyone knows that you're simply too chill to even finish spelling your words. Sorry to pick on you. Stuff like this and Scottish twitter is a major pet peeve of mine. Affecting an accent in written English just gets me riled up.

I bought a big stainless steel saute pan so that I can take it from the stovetop to a hot oven. That's one thing I don't trust my nonstick for. Also for super high stove temps. It's supposedly the best way to cook steaks, I'm excited to try it out.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lmao wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I use speech to text 99% of the time because I hate typing and it's good that I have perfect diction and pronunciation at all times.