Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
teenage corbyn squished my sister's baby rabbit with his pogo stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

man i love the sport

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
kier slamming into a cyclist in his SUV was, of course, barely mentioned

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm partial to the angle analysis of his bow to the cenotaph dead, myself

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
didn’t he time travel to lay a wreath at a Hamas memorial?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

My support for Corbyn peaked when his driver ran over the foot of some photographer from a scummy newspaper. All downhill from there.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

bedpan posted:

Is there a list of the corbyn smears that were tried before settling on antisemitism? Off the top of my head, I recall:

-corbyn is too poorly dressed to be in parliament
-corbyn is an agent of the IRA/corbyn helped assassinate mountbatten
-corbyn was an agent of the czech intelligence service during the soviet era
-corbyn did a hit and run on a pedestrian
-corbyn will send all tory voters to reeducation camps

Didn't bow properly at the cenotaph, skipped in delight at cenotaph wreath laying, but the best was the time he got attacked for not wearing a tie and so he started wearing a tie and a Telegraph writer wrote he was terrified because it meant Jezza was serious about trying to grasp power

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

forkboy84 posted:

My support for Corbyn peaked when his driver ran over the foot of some photographer from a scummy newspaper. All downhill from there.

It was a BBC photographer. So arguably even better

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Quotey posted:

man i love the sport

holy poo poo that second to last paragraph. How the gently caress was this allowed into print.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

An insane mind posted:

holy poo poo that second to last paragraph. How the gently caress was this allowed into print.

the sunday sport is our weekly world news, hth

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jakabite posted:

this is an admiral and potentially simply realist thing to think, and I may be misjudging you here, but don’t become a martyr. I know a lot of people who’ve been quite gung-ho until their first violent police encounter/arrest, and it suddenly gets very real when that happens. Arrests and state suppression are a part of being an activists but please do take all precautions you can and practice tight security culture. whether you leave your phone home or take it ‘cos it’ll probably be fine’ can easily be the difference between a night in the cells and a couple of years in prison. Again you strike me as a good and sensible comrade but I always feel obligated to say this whenever this sentiment comes up. Make sacrifices but make the right ones, and make sure anything that doesn’t need to be a sacrifice isn’t one.

also to your point on ecology and fascism: don’t underestimate the green fash movement. things the the hundred handers are super dangerous and ecological rhetoric is not only intrinsic to fascism but very popular in the most dangerous movements about right now. the average EDL goon might not have given a poo poo but your average Patriotic Alternative member definitely does.

Yeah don't worry I'm an appropriately paranoid softy, I'm just fully expecting to be doing routine protest stuff at some point and then realise I'm in a kettle and so it's off to the nick for me for a night.

On green fascism - ecology isn't intrinsic to fascism, a hosed up form of naturalism is often part of fascism but that's very different and pretty much just a way of Othering non-whites. Fascist movements that are actually getting influence are pro-fossil fuels in their economics, I just don't see global co-ordination and green energy being any part of fascism when not doing that is more and more openly causing deaths in Africa and Asia which is much more appealing to a racist.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Quotey posted:

man i love the sport

this is fantastic

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the fact there has been no ecoterrorism surprises me whether its things aren't generally desperate enough yet or that when it comes to stopping it MI5/6 and the cops actually bother to try unlike with nazis

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

An insane mind posted:

Suck me off, Vlad. Don’t you have some airliners to shoot down?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Quotey posted:

what the hell

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Quotey posted:

What did I do?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Vladimir Putin sucked me off in Tescos car park.... then fired a missile at my car!

Only in the Sunday Sport

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Poots Manifesto released

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Labour is finished

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Labour is finished

not if you procrastinate

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Nonsense posted:

Labour is finished

Congratulations!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

namesake posted:

Yeah don't worry I'm an appropriately paranoid softy, I'm just fully expecting to be doing routine protest stuff at some point and then realise I'm in a kettle and so it's off to the nick for me for a night.

On green fascism - ecology isn't intrinsic to fascism, a hosed up form of naturalism is often part of fascism but that's very different and pretty much just a way of Othering non-whites. Fascist movements that are actually getting influence are pro-fossil fuels in their economics, I just don't see global co-ordination and green energy being any part of fascism when not doing that is more and more openly causing deaths in Africa and Asia which is much more appealing to a racist.

yeah that’s probably in your future!

The big famous flashy ones like the Proud Boys, sure, but there are a lot of fascist movements that do seem to be gaining a quiet traction in the underbelly of the British grassroots right wing and they do have quite a strong focus on ecology and naturalism. it’s the wrong sort of focus obviously but I’ve seen plenty of fash propaganda talking about climate change as a negative. but yes they also don’t actually care about changing our consumption and would rather ensure that China and India don’t get to fully industrialise (by killing them all).

I think you’ll increasingly see fash moving in that direction though as climate denialism becomes ever more fringe. An old gammon with oil stocks might have no interest in tree hugging but your average National Action recruit knows as well as we do that global warming’s a-comin’.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
anything talking about overpopulation is ecofacism hth

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

remember when corbyn said Epst-i-ine rather than ep-st-een

absolute red flag for nazism imo

THS
Sep 15, 2017

wait there’s actually a guy named poots? lol

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

THS posted:

wait there’s actually a guy named poots? lol

it's all true

all of it

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

An insane mind posted:

What did I do?

i think i was trying to call you a russian internet saboteur for your reaction to the article, but i was very tired. at least it's so over the top i laughed when i remembered it though. apologies

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jakabite posted:

yeah that’s probably in your future!

The big famous flashy ones like the Proud Boys, sure, but there are a lot of fascist movements that do seem to be gaining a quiet traction in the underbelly of the British grassroots right wing and they do have quite a strong focus on ecology and naturalism. it’s the wrong sort of focus obviously but I’ve seen plenty of fash propaganda talking about climate change as a negative. but yes they also don’t actually care about changing our consumption and would rather ensure that China and India don’t get to fully industrialise (by killing them all).

I think you’ll increasingly see fash moving in that direction though as climate denialism becomes ever more fringe. An old gammon with oil stocks might have no interest in tree hugging but your average National Action recruit knows as well as we do that global warming’s a-comin’.

Also gammons aren't going to live through it and know it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Setting brexit and antisemitism aside, here is the updated list of jezza's many crimes. According to the press at the time, he has been an energetic wrongdoer.

• is too poorly dressed to be in parliament
  • is an agent of the IRA/corbyn helped assassinate mountbatten
  • was an agent of the czech intelligence service during the soviet era
  • did a hit and run on a pedestrian
  • will send all tory voters to reeducation camps
  • is an agent of Vladimir Putin
  • had sex with a black woman in the 70s
  • too old and frail
  • rides a maoist bicycle
  • killed a baby rabbit while jumping on a pogo stick
  • didn't bow properly to a cenotaph
  • is trying to seize power by wearing a tie
  • is going to get rid of nuclear weapons and hurt british security
  • attempted to derail the peace process in northern ireland
  • his parent's had money which makes his political stances a fraud
  • allied with hamas and hizbollah/supports terrorism in the middle east
  • wants to hug and kiss maduro and chavez
  • loves iran and anyone "antiwestern"
  • is transparently a con man pushing leftism for personal power and gain
  • didn't record a christmas message for the troops
  • was opposed to the apartheid government in South Africa
  • didn't bow to the queen
  • is insufficiently sincere when singing the national anthem
  • is an agent of "high minded millennials and woke corporations"
  • supports fidel castro
  • likes the Islamic State
  • said bad things about britian's empire
  • doesn't support the troops at bagram airforce base and Guantánamo Bay
  • pals around with and supports terrorist organizations
  • didn't support the war in afghanistan or iraq
  • is being investigated by MI5
  • won't pass a background check and has aides that are security risks
  • will harm the British intelligence services
  • is antiwar
  • is anti-immigrant
  • spoke against Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen
  • likes Adolf Hitler
  • wants to bring back the cold war
  • betrayed the labour party
  • wears russian hats (thanks BBC)
  • hates women
  • sells secrets to the Soviets
  • worked for the Stasi
  • is an agent of George Soros
  • is a fascist
  • fundraises for terrorists
  • was involved in the murder of a soviet spy
  • organized a burglary of the parliament building
  • is soft on crime
  • wants you to die in a stabbing

Manufacturing consent works. It absolutely works.

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm partial to the angle analysis of his bow to the cenotaph dead, myself

yeah this is my favorite too. there was even a picture with degree markers overlaid presented as proof of jezza's lack of patriotism

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

there was lots of stuff about how corbyn hated britain and wore intimidating russian-style hats as well, i remember one of the especially egregious examples where the bbc had a dark red overlay with the red square in the background of an image where they'd made his flat cap look more like an ushanka

corbyn is possibly the most english man currently alive, he's so manifestly un-scary and wholesome that a lot of those attacks never stuck, but the general tenor of corbyn being insufficiently british (combined with a not entirely insignificant portion of his supporters actually hating britain) stuck and was a major liability

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

wtf i thought the forum was supposed to keep me from double-posting like this

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Nonsense posted:

Labour is finished

More like 10cm dilated at present.

Wait until Scotland fully bails. Can someone well versed in UKPol explain how Labour forms a government with no seats from Scotland?

I know already that “they can’t” is the short form of the response.

The Democrats needed a Joe Biden to return to power: old and trustworthy, has the common touch with regular people, very experienced in policy and international affairs, associated with the last successful Democratic government, looks square and boring but can implement liberal policies. Has the trust of right, center, and left Democrats at the moment. Chose a partner who represents the future of the party.

Who is the Labour Joe Biden? The Labour Kamala Harris?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the democrats don’t appear to poo poo on their left nearly as much as labour

I could be wrong

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

More like 10cm dilated at present.

Wait until Scotland fully bails. Can someone well versed in UKPol explain how Labour forms a government with no seats from Scotland?

I know already that “they can’t” is the short form of the response.

The Democrats needed a Joe Biden to return to power: old and trustworthy, has the common touch with regular people, very experienced in policy and international affairs, associated with the last successful Democratic government, looks square and boring but can implement liberal policies. Has the trust of right, center, and left Democrats at the moment. Chose a partner who represents the future of the party.

Who is the Labour Joe Biden? The Labour Kamala Harris?

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

The Democrats are extremely aggressive about making GBS threads on their left.

The difference is that the Democrats are largely capable of covering themselves in a paper-thin veneer of being anything but the most irredeemable spiteful cunts, and the Labour right are not.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

also democrats win sometimes and labour doesn't lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

get ready for a war with france

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I meant they don’t poo poo on the left AS MUCH as labor(u)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

lol from a related article:

Jersey fishing row: French threats ‘pretty close to act of war’
Fishing leader on island says response from France is ‘like something you would see from Iran or Russia’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

Vive le France, just give them the Channel Islands, so they can end the tax haven status