Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

zoux posted:

It's certainly pissing off the right people.

https://twitter.com/levfacher/status/1390048101084418051

Imagine being ghoulish in that providing life-saving medicine to others is worse than losing money from stiffing sick people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

Seven Years War II: the Reckoning seems to be starting off swimmingly

It makes sense that as the French and British fall into the cultural hellpit that is fascism their tensions might flare back up.

What even is this about?

I'm going to go with "some Brexit nonsense" because I feel like that's a safe guess.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Conservatives are always terrible, of course, but it's so dumb that they complain social media is against them. I've reported hundreds of openly racist accounts and receive a response back that "this did not violate our terms." But chuds report any burner accounts I have and they get taken down pretty quickly. For one some person was like "call me a killer of old people for not wearing a mask, but I'm not wearing one" and so I said, "Okay 'you're a killer'" and they banned my account, not the one being openly fine with killing elderly persons.

Trump was racist as gently caress for years, even before he was president, and he kept his Twitter account until basically the end of his presidency.

Edit: BTW, I just checked the forums rules again and it still says you can say f and n slur as long as it's funny.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

Imagine being ghoulish in that providing life-saving medicine to others is worse than losing money from stiffing sick people.

It's an entire industry of Shkrelis my friend.

Isn't this just adorable
https://twitter.com/nicholaswu12/status/1390052134339624967

quote:

The Republican Party is at a turning point, and Republicans must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution.
First, support the ongoing Justice Department criminal investigations of the Jan. 6 attack. Those investigations must be comprehensive and objective; neither the White House nor any member of Congress should interfere.

Second, we must support a parallel bipartisan review by a commission with subpoena power to seek and find facts; it will describe for all Americans what happened. This is critical to defeat the misinformation and nonsense circulating in the press and on social media. No currently serving member of Congress — with an eye to the upcoming election cycle — should participate. We should appoint former officials, members of the judiciary and other prominent Americans who can be objective, just as we did after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. The commission should be focused on the Jan. 6 attacks. The Black Lives Matter and antifa violence of last summer was illegal and reprehensible, but it is a different problem with a different solution.

Finally, we Republicans need to stand for genuinely conservative principles, and steer away from the dangerous and anti-democratic Trump cult of personality. In our hearts, we are devoted to the American miracle. We believe in the rule of law, in limited government, in a strong national defense, and in prosperity and opportunity brought by low taxes and fiscally conservative policies.

There is much at stake now, including the ridiculous wokeness of our political rivals, the irrational policies at the border and runaway spending that threatens a return to the catastrophic inflation of the 1970s. Reagan formed a broad coalition from across the political spectrum to return America to sanity, and we need to do the same now. We know how. But this will not happen if Republicans choose to abandon the rule of law and join Trump’s crusade to undermine the foundation of our democracy and reverse the legal outcome of the last election.

Hmm will these words melt the icy hearts of her fellow Republicans?

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1390044218589130761

They will not.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Ringo Star Get posted:

Did I miss something or are all of those pharma companies, in addition to building on publicly funded research for the vaccines, also getting shitloads of federal money to manufacture said vaccines?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

zoux posted:

It's an entire industry of Shkrelis my friend.

Isn't this just adorable
https://twitter.com/nicholaswu12/status/1390052134339624967

Hmm will these words melt the icy hearts of her fellow Republicans?

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1390044218589130761

They will not.

I'm kind of amazed that the Republican party is so evil and hosed up that they've somehow made hard to unambiguously enjoy the suffering of a member of the Cheyney family. loving hell.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"will join"? What does she think they've been doing since November 2020?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, the next governor of the great state of Texas

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1390050525165596678
"No because I will be the one contesting him"

https://twitter.com/HaydenJSparks/status/1390051657170444288

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

The Sean posted:

Edit: BTW, I just checked the forums rules again and it still says you can say f and n slur as long as it's funny.

Those rules are a bit out of date. I've never seen someone in the past couple years use those slurs and not eat a ban, unless it's a quotation or a FYAD post.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cheesus posted:

Did I miss something or are all of those pharma companies, in addition to building on publicly funded research for the vaccines, also getting shitloads of federal money to manufacture said vaccines?

Yes, but have you considered they could have MORE money from the suffering of others?

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm kind of amazed that the Republican party is so evil and hosed up that they've somehow made hard to unambiguously enjoy the suffering of a member of the Cheyney family. loving hell.

Oh I can certainly enjoy it. The Cheneys are being turned on by the monster they helped to create :munch:

zoux posted:

This guy is like a Tim and Eric character come to life (like most of the GOP at this point)

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 5, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Liz Cheney is currently experiencing the "Me sowing/Me reaping" tweet. She had no problem with birthers. She was one of the people who were holding this monster's leash.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

France blockades the U.K. was not on my 2021 bingo card.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1390025416623132673

New York Cityers : Finally someone's doing something about those Jerseysers

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

Seven Years War II: the Reckoning seems to be starting off swimmingly

It makes sense that as the French and British fall into the cultural hellpit that is fascism their tensions might flare back up.

This is about fishing licenses? Hahaha what?

Fishing rights was the second biggest sticking point during Brexit, after the NI border arrangements. Those fishing territories are hard to define, hard to defend, and are worth billions per year.

However, the actual reason this is happening is Johnson wanting to distract from any potential negative outcomes from the UK local elections and control the media cycle

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

Also Trump and his minions (as planned from the beginning) were able to use COVID and the chaos in the USPS to astroturf a conspiracy on social media, as well as Qanon's spread, mto make what normally would be a pretty blowout election on the same night seem like a nail biter otherwise, (yes I know the polls missed Trump's ner'do well typical nonvoters, he still lost decisively and the week of counting made it look closer than it ever was)

It was all part of the plan to delegitimize what they knew was an inevitable loss months in advance, and I think that keeps the True Believers lapping up their God's delusions. Also the Trump GOP has ALWAYS been about Trump and only Trump, and the Bush's were just the figurehead for the Austerity Party.

Finally, Trump is also again, a manifestation in flesh of the chud world view. White, Rich (lol), successful businessman that speaks his mind, does what he wants, and fucks supermodels. It's their fantasy come to life.

I agree with all of this.

The big difference between Trump and other disgraced presidents is that Trump absolutely never lost any support from his base of followers. Carter was too incompetent for Democrats to enjoy supporting. Bush Sr. raised taxes and didn’t fight against minorities hard enough, so the GOP lost interest in him. Once they lost, there was no reason to keep fighting for them because they were obvious disappointments.

Unlike them, Trump didn’t lose because his base stayed home or switched sides- he grew his support by millions while still being the bigoted, awful piece of poo poo he always was. He only lost because the Democrats managed to rally more people and turn out against him. So that same base doesn’t feel that Trump betrayed them- if anything, his loss only highlights their deepest fears that they’re slowly disappearing and becoming irrelevant, which makes it all the more important to scream louder and not give an inch.

The only way Trump gets sidelined is if he sidelines himself, or if some new face comes in who can make the message better and louder and therefore steal Trump’s spotlight. But no one out there right now is in that position.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Failed Imagineer posted:

Fishing rights was the second biggest sticking point during Brexit, after the NI border arrangements. Those fishing territories are hard to define, hard to defend, and are worth billions per year.

However, the actual reason this is happening is Johnson wanting to distract from any potential negative outcomes from the UK local elections and control the media cycle

Are people in the UK waking up to their own chuds destruction of their country? Last I heard Labor was dead in the UK. Are the Lib-Dems doing better?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTR8o5dk9s&t=21s

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

TulliusCicero posted:

Are people in the UK waking up to their own chuds destruction of their country? Last I heard Labor was dead in the UK. Are the Lib-Dems doing better?

The next parliament election in the U.K. is more than 3 years away.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011

France blockades the U.K. was not on my 2021 bingo card.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1390025416623132673

Ahahahaha it’s the Royal Navy vs. the Continental System!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

New York Cityers : Finally someone's doing something about those Jerseysers

You say that now, but if a carrier picks up the Yankees for free, get the hell out of The Bronx and Manhattan.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The next parliament election in the U.K. is more than 3 years away.

I looked it up and Scotland might leave the UK? This seemed like a pretty bygone conclusion after Brexit chaos.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

TulliusCicero posted:

These are local council elections. Think of them as state and municipal elections in the USA. Their parliament has 3 years to go before a general.

Labour went through its worst case scenario after the last election. Their entire left wing was purged after they brought back a Blairite neoliberal (Keir Starmer). They’ve basically gone after labour’s left wing on trumped up anti semitism charges and removed their influence. The Democrats at this point seem more left wing that Keir’s Labour Party. If local issues start to matter to people in the UK and they feel under served by the Tories they might shake up the councils a little bit. Otherwise I fully expect very little to change.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The Olympics has always had a rule about not allowing religious or political displays during the games, but Tokyo just announced that they will consider "Black Lives Matter" and mentions of Tibet to be "political acts" during the games this Summer.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

TulliusCicero posted:

Our countries loving hosed mate.

Tomorrow there is a local election that Labour is widely expected to get the poo poo kicked out of it in, partially because the current head of the party is someone who appears so cosmically "damp" that he makes the bottom of the Atlantic feel like the Mojave. That and parachuting in various different vacuous none entities to run as mayoral candidates in the locals who are publicly disliked and politically nebbish.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ringo Star Get posted:

tbf, they got prescription-drug price controls for medicare or anything else iced from the infrastructure bill, so there's plenty of money left from stiffing sick people.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Olympics has always had a rule about not allowing religious or political displays during the games, but Tokyo just announced that they will consider "Black Lives Matter" and mentions of Tibet to be "political acts" during the games this Summer.

Oh they still think that's going to happen huh

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Japan has 3% of its population fully vaccinated. The US ☝️ has nearly 1/3rd. Why are they still planning to hold the olympics?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

zoux posted:

Oh they still think that's going to happen huh

Japan insists that it is happening on July 23rd no matter what and countries can pull out if they want, but no more delays.

quote:

When 2020 Tokyo Olympics volunteers have in recent weeks asked officials how they'll be protected from Covid-19, given the foreign athletes pouring into Japan for the event and the country's low vaccination rate, the answer has been simple.

They'll be given a small bottle of hand sanitizer and two masks each.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Watching Labour from across the pond has been a bit surreal, did they really did just utterly unperson and purge anybody left of Thatcher and with more personal charisma than BoJo while acknowledging that they will as a result do nothing but suck and lose forever, or am I just getting a distorted view of it because now that Brexit is boring theres less coverage?

Like not even Manchin looks at the Clinton takeover which was more or less the exact same thing and yearns for that once again and it's not like he'd oppose a purge of the left lol

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Kraftwerk posted:

These are local council elections. Think of them as state and municipal elections in the USA. Their parliament has 3 years to go before a general.

Labour went through its worst case scenario after the last election. Their entire left wing was purged after they brought back a Blairite neoliberal (Keir Starmer). They’ve basically gone after labour’s left wing on trumped up anti semitism charges and removed their influence. The Democrats at this point seem more left wing that Keir’s Labour Party. If local issues start to matter to people in the UK and they feel under served by the Tories they might shake up the councils a little bit. Otherwise I fully expect very little to change.

The analogous situation is if Bernie had been the nominee, lost embarrassingly to Trump, and the Clintonites regained control of the Dems and purged progressives from its ranks.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Vorik posted:

Japan has 3% of its population fully vaccinated. The US ☝️ has nearly 1/3rd. Why are they still planning to hold the olympics?

Didn't Japan go full quarantine and shut down immigration and a bunch of travel and ports there? I guess that didn't work out?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

☝️ Didn't the left wing led version of Labour lose pretty spectacularly last election? Why wouldn't they change things up and try a different strategy? Clearly the voters there did not want left wingers in charge.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vorik posted:

Economics, or more specifically, they can choose to either lose a shitload of money on them or merely half a shitload, and they're choosing the latter

Vorik posted:

☝️ Didn't the left wing led version of Labour lose pretty spectacularly last election? Why wouldn't they change things up and try a different strategy? Clearly the voters there did not want left wingers in charge.

Well given that the moderates are in full control and cant even so much as muster a challenge, it seems like the root cause may not be what is so swiftly accepted. It certainly didnt help that so much of Corbyns own party was openly working to ensure he would lose, something pretty much everybody would expect to be something we'd have to face stateside if Bernie had won

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

Didn't Japan go full quarantine and shut down immigration and a bunch of travel and ports there? I guess that didn't work out?

I mean, their case and death numbers were a lot better than the U.S.'s. It's just that their vaccine rollout has been pretty bad

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm going to go with "some Brexit nonsense" because I feel like that's a safe guess.

Britain is supposed to grant licenses (per a pre-brexit agreement) to french ships that had previously been fishing in british waters off the Channel Islands, but they don't wanna and are being cagey about it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Reminder that Allen West is a war criminal who did a mock execution of an iraqi for an attack that never came. And claimed he had a higher security clearance than President Obama and said he would of demand Nancy Pelosi give him the gavel. And is overall a bad person.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vorik posted:

The United States government has no particular monopoly on idiots.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Japan was fighting to hold the games in July of 2020 and trying to pressure countries into not backing out.

They really want to hold the games.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh I can certainly enjoy it. The Cheneys are being turned on by the monster they helped to create :munch:

Gumball Gumption posted:

Liz Cheney is currently experiencing the "Me sowing/Me reaping" tweet. She had no problem with birthers. She was one of the people who were holding this monster's leash.

Oh yeah, I'm all here for Liz Cheyney getting her long-deserved comeuppance and finding herself in the jaws of the monster she helped nurture and slowly sliding southward, I'm just worried about all the non-evil people the monster is then going to devour once it moves on to its real victims. But yeah, for the moment lol gently caress Liz Cheyney. Bet she's wishing she had a sister who still talked to her right about now to help her through this tough time, oh, wait

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'd feel way more enjoyment of what's happening to Liz Cheney is this wasn't the first time in her stupid privileged life she's doing the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'd feel way more enjoyment of what's happening to Liz Cheney is this wasn't the first time in her stupid privleged life she's doing the right thing.

She's not standing up for good, she's standing up for different evil. Specifically, she is standing up for the specific evil that birthed and was destroyed by Trump. She rose to the highest levels of power in the land riding the tiger, thought she was too good for it, and now is poised to get mauled. Good.