Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

on the other hand i would love to hear a performance as sonic from a new actor, to see how it works out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As far as I know Sonic and Amy’s VAs are the only ones so far that officially confirmed they were leaving. Both Mike and Coleen have gone on record as saying they’re staying on (they may not be in Prime though).

However, they did replace Knuckles and Silver’s actors as of Team Sonic Racing for whatever reason so who knows.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also this came out recently which could imply that we won’t see a new game until at least next year:

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1389237160868519936

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It seemed very likely that would be the case if Colours was coming first.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wonder if the remake will incorporate any elements from the DS version of the game as well (such as more streamlined stages, optional missions guest starring other characters, proper special stages, a few new Wisps/bosses, a new final boss for getting all the emeralds, etc)

Oh yeah, Omega’s actor got replaced as well but that was because said actor was Vic Mignogna

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 5, 2021

Admiral_Cola
Jan 11, 2012

Larryb posted:

Oh yeah, Omega’s actor got replaced as well but that was because said actor was Vic Mignogna
Thread theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFqWcvoOcQA

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WAIT, SYMPHOGEAR UNITE? YO WHO CARES ABOUT SONIC COLORS

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I will miss Travis as Knuckles though as I really got fond of his performance thanks to Sonic Boom. Amy’s VA was also decent once she finally ditched the Minnie Mouse impression.

I’m guessing that Prime will feature a mostly Canadian cast due to its production studio (and I think Tails’ VA said as much on Twitter), which could possibly mean that Gary Chalk (Grounder in AOSTH, Robotnik in Underground) might return to the franchise in some capacity.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sonic the Hedgehog is my favorite movie franchise.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the anniversary is next month so maybe we’ll finally get some announcements soon?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Augus posted:

the anniversary is next month so maybe we’ll finally get some announcements soon?

We're gonna be debating how to pronounce Hydrocity and you know it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Larryb posted:

I wonder if the remake will incorporate any elements from the DS version of the game as well (such as more streamlined stages, optional missions guest starring other characters, proper special stages, a few new Wisps/bosses, a new final boss for getting all the emeralds, etc)

it's probably just a HD remaster

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

it's probably just a HD remaster

The fact that they’re calling it Sonic Colors Ultimate makes one think that there’s going to be some new content. But we’ll see I guess.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Larryb posted:

The fact that they’re calling it Sonic Colors Ultimate makes one think that there’s going to be some new content. But we’ll see I guess.

There was some leaked art of Sonic Colors Ultimate that showed the Jade wisp from Team Sonic Racing, so that indicates that there is at least something added to the game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Baggot posted:

There was some leaked art of Sonic Colors Ultimate that showed the Jade wisp from Team Sonic Racing, so that indicates that there is at least something added to the game.

I hadn’t heard of this, got a link?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Hmm I looked back and it was shown to me through private chats and I don't see that it's publicly known so my apologies, you'll have to trust me on this for now. Hopefully we get some official announcements soon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope they keep Super Sonic as an unlockable. It was kinda cool not having a Super Sonic boss and Eggman not getting the rug pulled out from under him from whatever ancient evil he unleashed is a nice bonus too. It felt like a back to basics type of story where you're just freeing helpless creatures that have been stuffed into these robots by a mad scientist like the first game.

Also the Super Sonic boss in the DS version sucked rear end.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Larryb posted:

which could possibly mean that Gary Chalk (Grounder in AOSTH, Robotnik in Underground) might return to the franchise in some capacity.

He already has - he was one of the Pentagon dudes in the movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Robot Style posted:

He already has - he was one of the Pentagon dudes in the movie.

Oh yeah, forgot about that

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope they keep Super Sonic as an unlockable. It was kinda cool not having a Super Sonic boss and Eggman not getting the rug pulled out from under him from whatever ancient evil he unleashed is a nice bonus too. It felt like a back to basics type of story where you're just freeing helpless creatures that have been stuffed into these robots by a mad scientist like the first game.

Also the Super Sonic boss in the DS version sucked rear end.

To be fair, not counting the Sonic Boom subseries Eggman has been the final boss of every major Sonic game since Colors (though for some reason the Lost World and final phase of the Forces boss were just retreads of Colors from a gameplay perspective).

Agreed on the Super Sonic boss from the DS version sucking though but maybe they could spice it up a little for the remake, though I’d also be fine with Super Sonic just remaining an unlockable and nothing more.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 6, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

No idea if it's accurate, but it looks like the Colours remaster will be called Colours Ultimate and release in September:

https://twitter.com/contriteorb4/status/1389572740416421892?s=19

Definitely seems plausible, anyway. If the title is accurate then it implies some extra content as well.

who cares, gtav is getting released on the ps5!!!

loose goose
Oct 29, 2012

once i possess what i desire the millenium rod will mean absolutely nothing to me

Pants Donkey posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog is my favorite movie franchise.

this was the last movie i saw in theaters and i will not see another until Sonic 2 The Hedgehog comes out

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

We're gonna be debating how to pronounce Hydrocity and you know it.
The anniversary announcement will be the official pronunciation.

It will do what Sonic ‘06 could not: destroy the fandom.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sonic team finally came up with the perfect formula for a 3D Sonic game that would unite the fan base and get perfect scores from critics and sell a billion copies but then covid hosed up the development process so now it’s gonna be Sonic 06-2 and people are gonna be obsessed with remaking it for the next decade and a half

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m serious about solving this mystery. It may take years, but I will figure out the pronunciation and put an end to this war.

It looks like the only people from the core Sonic 3 dev team that I can contact via social media are Naka, Yasuhara, and Iizuka and while the latter has answered some fan questions on Facebook in the past I’m pretty sure he doesn’t use it nowadays. I really didn’t want to ask Yasuhara about it, but I suppose it can’t be helped...

In other news I did some snooping and found a Chao in Space comic Maekawa (chao director and scenario writer) did back in 2001 and might translate it later this week.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

It's Hydro City. It's a city filled with water. Nearly all the S3&K zones follow the same <Descriptive word> <Location> format.

This is an island of angels. This battery is flying. This palace is hidden. This base is for launching. This reef is full of lava. This sanctuary is in the sky, and this egg is DEATH. And this city is filled with water. It is hydrated. It is a hydro city.

Hydro.

City.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Zone.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s Hydro City

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Nobody lives there, so it's at best a water park.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

once was a coal pit now it's a water ride

hydrawcity

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sando polis

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
whoop whoop that's the sand o' the polis

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Caidin posted:

Nobody lives there, so it's at best a water park.
No one lives anywhere in Angel Island, which makes Carnival Night Zone kinda weird.

But I kinda like how Colors made manifest the feeling that Robotnik is into making theme parks.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

And Unleashed. Eggmanland was literally an industrial plant with neon signs and rollercoasters everywhere; the hub was a plaza with a hotdog seller. And that was the world Eggman had dreamed of making since Adventure.

E: and I guess Spinball, maybe, if pinball counts? They really need to keep this as a core aesthetic of his character, the base in Forces was fine, but it just didn't have that neon flair he so clearly adores.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 7, 2021

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Katsuma posted:

It's Hydro City. It's a city filled with water. Nearly all the S3&K zones follow the same <Descriptive word> <Location> format.

This is an island of angels. This battery is flying. This palace is hidden. This base is for launching. This reef is full of lava. This sanctuary is in the sky, and this egg is DEATH. And this city is filled with water. It is hydrated. It is a hydro city.

Hydro.

City.

Its clearly Deathegg Zone though

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's German for The Athegg, The.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
an isle of angels

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s called Echidnao Polis because there are knuckles police

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
they're called echyd'nyaas now, actually

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The virgin Hydro City Zone

Blissfully unaware of possible clever pun
Looks for consistency
Recognizes patterns
Adheres to actual English words
Consults ancient Japanese texts for guidance
Believes sonic and sonic games are about following rules & poo poo

The chad Hydrossity Zone

Stage names don't have to conform to a convention
Attached to it because it just sounds cooler
Used imagination as a kid to enhance boring name
Is clearly wrong but sounds too stylish & catchy to let go of
OPEN YOUR HEART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loose goose
Oct 29, 2012

once i possess what i desire the millenium rod will mean absolutely nothing to me
Hydrocity - hy-drah-sit-ee

Defined by Merriam Webster's Dictionary as follows

n - the speed at which an object is able to travel through a cool water section

Notice another definition..

Hydrocity - hy-drō sit-ee

n - the wrong pronunciation

STRANGE, ISN'T IT?