Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

my partner’s dad and his friends seem to exclusively watch poo poo like this. like i try to talk to them about sports and i just get a bunch of stunned, stupid animals staring back at me. it’s loving weird for so many reasons.

drat this poo poo's been on for 8 seasons, the island aint that big you'd think they'd have solved the mystery by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Alaois posted:

drat this poo poo's been on for 8 seasons, the island aint that big you'd think they'd have solved the mystery by now

these assholes still watch deadliest catch like every day.

i feel like i need to start watching reality tv to relate to my future in laws and this is some sort of reverse birdcage. also i called it “reality tv” and they didn’t like that very much.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

761k/.18, 21st

Seems p bad still.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

mooseinfants posted:

idk it looks pretty cool to me

My brain-addled joke here was "why would anybody do a sambo suplex/rock bottom/uranage slam when you can just chuck them over your head?"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah he went to the "he will not divide us" installation with milk chugging white supremacists and did an anti semitic gesture to the camera

[anti-semitism]

jesus christ i mean im beyond expecting wrestlers to be any sort of paragon of moral virtue but wwe certainly seems to reward a type. i remembered he was a 4chan edgelord gently caress but god drat lol

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Pretty sure his contract lasts as long as the saudi money keeps flowing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

As long as Total Bellas is still a thing, I can't see Bryan leaving.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lana is still in wwe, and mir--- hahaha sorry

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Davros1 posted:

I think it just ended this season, so that's not an obstacle.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

Just write him off like John Cena, easy.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Just write him off like John Cena, easy.

vince mcmahon is going to kill bryan danielson

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Davros1 posted:

Why? He can still be on the show, they just won't mention anything except him being Brie's husband.

Or, uh, they'll do the exact opposite and play up "BRYAN WORKS FOR ANOTHER WRESTLING COMPANY, DOES THIS CAUSE TENSION AT HOME WITH BRIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" and do a good number off of it because that poo poo draws.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pylons posted:

761k/.18, 21st

Wow. So they are back to what they were pretty much doing head to head against AEW.

In 2020 they had a low/ high .12/.26 demo, and a low/high viewership of 542,000/876,000. So pretty much hitting the average 2020 numbers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol it really is the exact same people watching every week

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

So I guess this means that when they’re on separate days, some of the NXT audience watches Dynamite but none of the Dynamite audience bothers with NXT?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Kool Kyle isn’t a draw brother

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dacap posted:

So I guess this means that when they’re on separate days, some of the NXT audience watches Dynamite but none of the Dynamite audience bothers with NXT?

Yeah. In contrast to NXT holding steady with viewership at best or going down, AEW's been consistently higher since the "war" ended. Even last week's decline to 889k was still a bigger audience than they'd had in the whole last month of the "war"

NXT's doing about what they did during it, AEW's been doing higher. I want to say it's what was expected (NXT was only there to try cutting the legs out of what AEW could gain)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love every single time there is an opportunity for NXT to have a "all of my friends are just off screen, also watching my show" moment and it goes exactly how I would expect it because NXT still has the heart of the wwf's factory farm.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dacap posted:

Look, I've got like two and a half hours of AEW Dark to watch.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah he went to the "he will not divide us" installation with milk chugging white supremacists and did an anti semitic gesture to the camera

he said he was just trolling to own the sjws

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I'm going to regret asking this:

milk chugging is litteral, isn't it.

Is it a soy thing?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

Is it a soy thing?

what does your soul say

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Is it a soy thing?

if i have The Lore Of The Alt-Right correct, they started videotaping themselves chugging milk and doing the OK sign after there was a study that non-white parts of the world have higher rates of lactose intolerance so they tried to turn milk into a white supremacy signal.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Alaois posted:

if i have The Lore Of The Alt-Right correct, they started videotaping themselves chugging milk and doing the OK sign after there was a study that non-white parts of the world have higher rates of lactose intolerance so they tried to turn milk into a white supremacy signal.
lmao that's so pathetic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nick Jr. Face posted:

lmao that's so pathetic

i think there was also an element of "triggering the libs" involved too because they thought that the libs didn't want people drinking milk anymore because of the study??? it's been a long time and there were a lot of really weird assumptions and mental gymnastics involved

as you might imagine, it didn't really take like they hoped it would

Alaois fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 6, 2021

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Nick Jr. Face posted:

lmao that's so pathetic

thats basically a constant theme

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If anything it looks like Wednesday is better for NXT because occasionally they were able to pull audience away from AEW with hotshots, along with the contingent of people who just generally only watched NXT.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Blaise330 posted:

he said he was just trolling to own the sjws

is this meant to be a defense or make him look lovely in all new ways?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

depends

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I vote for the latter, because I loving hate people who are Nazis 'ironocally'.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

All I can think of is if Dave Meltzer had to articulate this and calling Mansoor a, "Worked Nazi" and I'm pretty tickled by it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Grendels Dad posted:

Rule of goats.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/858722120620265473

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
then, now, forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11ND5Jm6mg&t=217s

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

It's also amusing to me that about 50 seconds before that he actually says "You think you're bigger than WWE". They'll never make an actual star again.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So who has the massive erection for all this pirate poo poo? They used it two Wrestlemanias in a row, and now "Wrestlemania Backlash"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The giant spooky skeleton recently signed a new 5 year deal, they’re giving him the three month push before he’s jobbing for the 24/7 title

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So who has the massive erection for all this pirate poo poo? They used it two Wrestlemanias in a row, and now "Wrestlemania Backlash"

I would assume that the Wrestlemania sets were designed well before COVID happened in 2020 and they finally wanted to use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Pretty sure the dart just happened to hit “pirates” on the board coincidentally at the same time covid gave them an excuse to treat this year’s mania as a do-over. And it’s totally incidental to the backlash branding too. That’s just them trying to justify putting the wrestlemania label on another show which they’d still do if the 2020 dart had landed on cowboys or whatever.