Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Narsham posted:

In the realm of "possible but extremely unlikely:" Joel reached out to Critical Role when their Kickstarter surpassed the last MST3K Kickstarter and some of them participated in a live-read of one of the MST comics, which Joel mentioned in one of the streams. It'd be interesting to promise more live-reads like that via the Plex, to try to pull in some Crit Role fans at the last minute.

Well there's one last Critical Role episode Thursday before the Kickstarter ends; if they were going to do a bump (or if Joel wanted to pay for an ad) that would be the time to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Less than 350 backers away from the 25k goal
Less than $43k away from $4.6mil

Both could conceivably be reached before tonight's livestream, if not then will definitely be reached during

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm just happy there's going to be more MST3K

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Both 6-episode seasons preceded a cancellation so I'm glad they got enough money to do more than that

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax matching rewards:

quote:

• Level $35+ – A free 1-month subscription to RiffTrax Friends for new subscribers
• Level $50+ — The above + Jack and The Beanstalk + The Wizard of Oz
• Level $100+ — The above + Gammera The Invincible
• Level $150+ — The above + RiffTrax Live: Giant Spider Invasion

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Is that an add-on thing, or will it be applied to a pledge I've already made?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Edward Mass posted:

I believe they are add-ons to your existing pledge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

They apply to existing pledges.

quote:

So, if you grab their $150 pledge level or above, you get all kinds of rewards from them — including all of their new upcoming episodes and a selection of classic episodes of MST3K featuring the RiffTrax crew — and you'll also get all of these free bonus gifts!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What happens if they hit $6.6 million?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Then Tom gets a yacht.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

IUG posted:

They automatically get the rights to riff Antichrist

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

IUG posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if they threw in another episode if they blew away the goal, that's what they did last time.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I say hold onto that extra money to make the goals lower for the inevitable Kickstarter for next season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joel announced a new secret goal if they hit 5.8m or 49k backers. Also Emily is getting a mission patch.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also, her character's name is new Emily Connor, rather than Crenshaw. I'm assuming it's a Terminator reference.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was Crenshaw any kind of reference? It sounds very 60s sci-fi.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Was Crenshaw any kind of reference? It sounds very 60s sci-fi.

I think Joel named her after a prop guy who worked on the live tours.

Alternatively, there's also Crenshaw from Boggy Creek.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I need a JOIKEMINAH sweater at some point.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

TL posted:

I think Joel named her after a prop guy who worked on the live tours.

Alternatively, there's also Crenshaw from Boggy Creek.

I saw the little creature

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I saw the little creature

This post's believability is quite high.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

25,000 backers goal reached :toot:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
25,000 backers before the stream even started! :toot:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Mike is doing a guest Q&A during the next Mads livestream next Tuesday.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I was too broke to back last time, so while I'm disappointed I won't be in the credits, at least my name will be in the Gizmoplex somewhere, but I would've pledged anyway.

Edit:

LividLiquid posted:

I don't understand how you can cancel a show that was crowdfunded.
I raised this way back when Netflix killed the show and when we didn't hear anything for as long as we did, I worried that Netflix had a no-compete or something that would prevent the show from doing another crowdfunding campaign to bring itself back from the dead yet again so while I'm not sure why it took as long as it did, I'm just happy it's back again.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 6, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
"its like the partridge family but with crappier sons"

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I'd be holding out for some overstock Season 12 Blu-Rays because I missed it last time and then somehow missed it again (overstock sold out quickly as addons). Am I missing anything with the extras on the extra disk/booklet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$4.7mil :toot:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Wakanda Fornever

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
What's with the voice the ME has? Is that his real voice or is he putting it on?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fezz posted:

What's with the voice the ME has? Is that his real voice or is he putting it on?

Its like a bad Bogart impression but it is definitely unclear why he is doing it.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Columbo, apparently, at the direction of the "director."

(Turns out that Frank Dietz is an amazingly good sport about this trainwreck of a movie.)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With exactly two full days (48.5 hours) to go they're at $4.742mil

Today was their third-highest pledged day and third-highest new backers day (both beating yesterday, which was the previous third-highest for both)

Doing pretty great for the end!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

LividLiquid posted:

I raised this way back when Netflix killed the show and when we didn't hear anything for as long as we did, I worried that Netflix had a no-compete or something that would prevent the show from doing another crowdfunding campaign to bring itself back from the dead yet again so while I'm not sure why it took as long as it did, I'm just happy it's back again.

There may have been a no-compete for a time, which may have been why the last tour went on as long as it did. I remember an interview with Joel a while back saying that they were getting ready to roll out this Kickstarter shortly after the last tour ended, but then COVID hit and everything got pushed back a year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Now at a point where failing to make it to $5.5 would be a pretty massive disappointment. Which, you know, is kind of amazing since a week or two ago people were preparing themselves for the possibility of only clearing six new episodes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

Now at a point where failing to make it to $5.5 would be a pretty massive disappointment. Which, you know, is kind of amazing since a week or two ago people were preparing themselves for the possibility of only clearing six new episodes.

I wonder what turned it around. The livestreams?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just got ten grand in twelve minutes. Sounds like the 48-hour warning emails went out which is causing another rush :toot:

PostNouveau posted:

I wonder what turned it around. The livestreams?

Plus Jackbox promotion, plus RiffTrax promotion, plus it was always getting more turnout in the last week than in the middle. Plus probably even more stuff I haven't thought of yet. I didn't expect increases to this degree this rapidly, but I learned five-six years ago to stop downplaying this fanbase

We love this show. We'll turn out when needed. Even if it's less backers than last time for whatever reason, it'll just motivate the ones who show up even more. And when the episodes are out, the rest will come back

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Beyond that, Ivan Askwith is really good at this.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

$4.8 million

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm seeing ads around now on social media. That's probably bringing in some more funders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I went up a tier and was strongly tempted by the Bot Video reward... if I had gotten the new job I've worked for I might have, just in celebration. So if we fall $650 short, blame HR.