Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 04.05

Two guys incapable of having a bad match against each other have another absolute goddamn banger.

2nd. These 2 are bonkers good and even better together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd May
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 10
Jake Lee vs Kento Miyahara

Well, this was the match that was the most exciting going into the tournament and I think it delivered. Phew.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1hV41177Ne

Highly recommend you watch this if you like wrestling.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart vs The Way (Indi Hartwell and Candice LeRae) for the NXT Women's Tag Team Championships in a Street Fight, NXT 5/4/21.

This match was brutal. Obviously not Rosa/Baker brutal but still lots of wicked bumps and spots.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Rika Tatsumi (c) vs. Miyu Yamashita for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW YES! WONDERLAND 2021 (5/4)

This was very very good

Holy loving poo poo I managed to stay unspoiled and what a catch. That catch into a release German was... Jesus Christ.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
5th May
Dragon Gate Dead Or Alive
Open The Brave Gate Title
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T

HM
5th May
Open The Triangle Gate Title
Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka) vs Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee & La Estrella)

MOTYC
5th May
Parejas Incredible Steel Cage Survival
Dragon Kid & SB KENTo vs KAI & YAMATO

Great show. The only disappointing match on the card was the Skywalker Kikuta match.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T

HM
5th May
Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka) vs Masquerade (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee & La Estrella)

MOTYC
5th May

Great show. The only disappointing match on the card was the Skywalker Kikuta match.

Agreed, seconded

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T

HM
5th May

MOTYC
5th May

Nth, also adding:

HM
5th May
Open the Twin Gate Title
Masaaki Mochizuki & Takashi Yoshida (c) vs Kaito Ishida & KAZMA SAKAMOTO

I haven't been pleasantly surprised at a finish in a long while

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Two guys incapable of having a bad match against each other have another absolute goddamn banger.

DarkstarIV posted:

HM: Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart vs The Way (Indi Hartwell and Candice LeRae) for the NXT Women's Tag Team Championships in a Street Fight, NXT 5/4/21.

This match was brutal. Obviously not Rosa/Baker brutal but still lots of wicked bumps and spots.
Nth to both these

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Rika Tatsumi (c) vs. Miyu Yamashita for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW YES! WONDERLAND 2021 (5/4)

This was very very good

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: TJPW Yes! Wonderland 5/4: Miyu Yamashita vs. Rika Tatsumi (c) for the TJPW Princess of Princess Championship.

:tviv:

Jerusalem posted:

Holy loving poo poo I managed to stay unspoiled and what a catch. That catch into a release German was... Jesus Christ.

Unneccesary nth. Didn't think a TJPW match would end in such brutal destruction, but it was absolutely awesome to watch.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T

HM
5th May

MOTYC
5th May

Same on all of these. I think with a fully loud crowd those HM’s would be MOTYCs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Keisuke Okuda vs U-T

HM
5th May

MOTYC
5th May

Lily Catts posted:

HM
5th May
Open the Twin Gate Title
Masaaki Mochizuki & Takashi Yoshida (c) vs Kaito Ishida & KAZMA SAKAMOTO

I haven't been pleasantly surprised at a finish in a long while

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
21st March
Pro Wrestling Freedoms The Gekokujo 2021
Jun Kasai, Mammoth Sasaki & Takashi Sasaki vs Masashi Takeda, Toshiyuki Sakuda & Violento Jack

This was very mental.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs. Takayuki Ueki for the King of FREEDOM Championship - FREEDOMS The Gekokujo 2021 (3/21)

Toru Sugiura is having the best world title run I've ever had the privilege of living through full of absolutely batshit insane matches.

This was the most insane.

e: fair warning - shoot headbutts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUtdUMY-NA

2nd this. Glad I finally made the time to catch up with this show.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall, Dynamite, 5/5

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:toot: JUNGLE LIFE

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall, Dynamite, 5/5

Yup nice big match Cody Rhodes doing big match Cody things

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MOTYC: karmicknight Vs posting in the right thread

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Junpei Hyde posted:

MOTYC: karmicknight Vs posting in the right thread

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay White NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 03.05

Ol' man Tana is still one of the best wrestlers in the world. I will begrudgingly admit that the detested Switchblade is also pretty drat good.

Yes agreed was my favorite NJPW match until

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yes agreed. Shingo Takagai is the most outstanding wrestler easy

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Pinnacle vs Inner Circle, AEW Dynamite Blood and Guts 5/5/21.

I can't go any higher due to the very poorly placed commercial breaks and the...underwhelming finish.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

WMOTYC: Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle, Blood and Guts, 5/5

If it ended with the entire Pinnacle beaten down and MJF being threatened with the fork, it'd have been MOTY for me.

Instead, it uh...didn't, and the last commercial break/everything after it was somehow both as much of a joke as the sparklers AND far more boring.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

I can't go any higher due to the very poorly placed commercial breaks and the...underwhelming finish.

2nd

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, agreed. Coulda been better, but it was still a good time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WMOTYC: Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle, Blood and Guts, 5/5

If it ended with the entire Pinnacle beaten down and MJF being threatened with the fork, it'd have been MOTY for me.

Instead, it uh...didn't, and the last commercial break/everything after it was somehow both as much of a joke as the sparklers AND far more boring.

MOTYC: Blood and Guts 5/5. Outstanding match, very heated, very good finish, fun bump at the end. Bloody MJF on top of the cage was a great performance.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I watched on FITE where there are no commercial breaks. Legit sucks to hear how much they hosed with the match! Anyway

MOTYC: Pinnacle vs Inner Circle, AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts 5/5/21

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Blood and Guts 5/5. Outstanding match, very heated, very good finish, fun bump at the end. Bloody MJF on top of the cage was a great performance.

nth

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

Same. I was fine with the crash pad and watching on Fite I didn’t have commercial breaks.

Also HM to QT vs Cody from the same show.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

MassRafTer posted:

Nth.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Nth

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Nth
Not as good as the other cage match today but WARDLOW, Sammy, and bloodied up MJF were all extremely good.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

TTBF posted:

I watched on FITE where there are no commercial breaks. Legit sucks to hear how much they hosed with the match! Anyway

MOTYC: Pinnacle vs Inner Circle, AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts 5/5/21

big same, real good time

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

DarkstarIV posted:

agreed

i think they could've covered the crash pad better but i'm glad they had a crash pad instead of jericho just exploding in a puff of dadrock (as a friend of mine put it, and it would've flowed a bit better if they could've run without commercials and mjf shoved jericho off the top immediately after the surrender was confirmed

other than that it was a very good match

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I'll nth this. I watched on TNT, which was definitely inferior, but it's clear this was a special match and around 4 1/2 stars, which is my MOTYC cutoff.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah this is about where I'm at. I'm very interested in AEW's second shot at this match type because all the in ring stuff in the timed entrance portion was fantastic, it just kind of lost steam when they were clearly in the part of the match where they were waiting to do the finish.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

It was hot poo poo until the final fifteen minutes.

I cannot imagine the people thinking it going an hour would have been a good idea in advance.

nth.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

I Before E posted:

Yeah this is about where I'm at. I'm very interested in AEW's second shot at this match type because all the in ring stuff in the timed entrance portion was fantastic, it just kind of lost steam when they were clearly in the part of the match where they were waiting to do the finish.

i said it in the live thread but TK needs to stump for TNT letting them do headliner matches like this without commercials

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

DarkstarIV posted:

I liked the finish even if they could have gone with a different camera angle. The commercial breaks and a bit of the pacing were a bigger problem for me.

I agree with the HM

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth bad pacing at the end but hot drat the beginning ruled.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

flatluigi posted:

i said it in the live thread but TK needs to stump for TNT letting them do headliner matches like this without commercials

Maybe for future matches, if this one does good numbers.

HM for me BTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

Nth. Loved it. Brutal, fun, was never bored. Just good stuff.