Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

flatluigi posted:

i think the dude has a long future ahead of him but he's in the same company as MJF and i don't think there's a young dude as effortless a heel as him

It’s a real testament to Create-A-Pro as a school that knows what it’s doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lumbermouth posted:

It’s a real testament to Create-A-Pro as a school that knows what it’s doing.

They've got a hell of an alumni list. Caster and MJF, sure, but also Bear Bronson, Kris Stat, the lawyer dude that Moxley beat up that one time...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miro is going to tear Darby's arms off and beat him around the head with them :getin:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Mons Hubris posted:

Two Bad Guys Named Max

The Max Powers :chanpop:

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

ThePariah posted:

Max Caster is gonna be the best heel in wrestling one day.

Max Caster comes across as "what if Golddust was a real person instead of someone's character" to me, and I'm interested in seeing how it plays out over time.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Miro is going to tear Darby's arms off and beat him around the head with them :getin:

Miro is going to tear Kip's arms off and beat Darby around the head with them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love how Kenny's main thesis was that oc doesn't deserve a title shot because he's small, "not a full grown adult" when the other option is PAC who is also not a large man, but is a full grown goblin

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

I love how Kenny's main thesis was that oc doesn't deserve a title shot because he's small, "not a full grown adult" when the other option is PAC who is also not a large man, but is a full grown goblin

Kenny is a quarter himbo, on his father's side

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Other hot takes:

- BnG was real fun right up until the last 5 minutes at which point it nosedived off a cliff
- Sammy is gonna be a megastar and him beating MJF really should be the endgame to this feud
- :wardlow:
- Max Caster is a delight
- Omega/OC at DoN is gonna be huge
- Next week's show is insanely stacked goddam

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There should be a preemptive funeral service for Darby

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shinjobi posted:

he just does those for fun every other weekend

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Shinjobi posted:

Miro can ride the casket

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I've really been enjoying Darby's reign and feel like there's a bit of meat left on the bone but they can explore that on his second reign, i want Miro now dammit, he's going to have so many classics as TNT champ

Miro vs Wardlow
Miro vs Lance!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

A-E-DUB! A-E-DUB!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m fine with Darby beating Miro next week to be honest

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

:mods:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There is zero situation in which I can believe Darby beating Miro unless it involves every weapon under the sun and possibly a literal tank

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

jesus WEP posted:

They need to free Darby up to have some tag team feud with All Eggo Sky. I'd almost say Brian Cage would be his partner just to further the "EVERYTHING IS FINE WITH TEAM TAZ" thing and because Cage was showing respect for Sting so why not his emo half-face paint son.

and beside, I want

smarxist posted:

Miro vs Lance!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

All i know is thanks to the flag burial cody needs to come back as british cody and rename the cross rhodes the eel pie and so forth.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The British Nightmare, Charlie Streets.

Adrenaline, will rush through me
Would you like a spot of tea?

Spends a fortune on changing his tattoo to have a union jack on the skull. Dumps the gimmick after two weeks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

He doesn't change his "slow deep meaningful promo voice" at all just now comes out and declares "cor, governor, pip pip the brexit innit. Let's be having you. I rode a train to the arena."

and everyone cheers

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jericho’s bump at the end was a bit goofy but who cares. Fantastic match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cody couldnt' possibly have any more go-away heat with me...

projecthalaxy posted:

cody needs to come back as british cody

ok never mind

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

tao of lmao posted:

wrestling fans will once again see one thing slightly off with a match and throw the entire thing down the drain because of it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I noticed something last night while Schiavone was doing his interview segments. If you watch him during both segments, for whatever reason he mouths along with the promo that the person he's interviewing is giving. I've seen him do it before but it was real obvious last night.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Miro vs Darby is gonna be a fun match and I'll be happy with whoever wins, because they both own

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i thought the bloddy gut match was okay, still don't care about this feud at all. the actual finish to the match was way worse than jericho's fall onto some cardboard, which was fine.

next week's show is gonna be a fuckin BANGER

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Show was great besides the DRAMATIC FINALE on top of the cage, but even that works in the context of “MJF is a sunovabitch through and through” and the match could only have ever ended with Jericho getting murdered. His big bump was a little silly but whatever :shrug:

Hype for next week and DoN though. We’re getting to the fireworks factory for a LOT of plots:
- THE DOCTAH about to take the title from Shida
- SCU about to heartbreakingly lose and split thanks to the Young CBucks.
- Miro gonna get a belt and smash Darby worse than Brodie did to Cody. :ohdear:
- OC gets a World Title shot! I’ve been wondering who Kenny would face at DoN (thought Kingston, but he and Mox are prob facing the Bucks instead), and OC is a fun filler challenge. No chance he wins but :lol: if he’s the one to dethrone Kenny.

Even little things like a probable Cody/Ogogo match and Darby/Sting v Scorpio/Page sound like they’ll be a good time.

So DoN is looking like:
Kenny/OC
Shida/Britt
Bucks/Mox&Eddie
Miro Open Challenge?
Sting&Darby/Sky&Page
Probably another form of Inner Circle/Pinnacle matchup
Dark Order/HFO
Cody/Ogogo

Edit: vvvvv true, forgot about those guys. Chuck&Trent?/Lucha Bros maybe?

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 6, 2021

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
^^^^probably something involving the Best Friends and Death triangle too

I kind of want Darby to win because that’ll get Miro really unhinged. But I think the finish will be Miro reversing a standing coffin drop into the game over.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Watching B&G was rough just because I was sleepy and was an emotional flatline all night due to being sleepy. But here goes.

~ B&G was an excellent match ruined by PiP and the ending. PiP ruined that match so badly I would have rather paid for it. We did learn a valuable lesson however. Crash pads are bad for super serious story beats. The end of Stadium Stampede was fine because it was a comedy match. Here? Not so much. And they kinda booked themselves into a corner with it.
~ However I am willing to unpack blood and guts like this; everything in the cage led to a big cathartic win for the Inner Circle as they stood over a bloody and broken Pinnacle. Once the out of the cage shenanigans happened it might as well have been a different match since only two of the participants were involved (Except for Sammy offering the surrender). You can call Sammy dumb and you'd probably be right. On the other hand you can't have Sammy refuse to surrender one week after Kenny got heel heat for 'He knew what he signed up for.' Even if MJF couldn't be trusted to keep his word.
~ Of the four young pillars of AEW (MJF, Darby, Jungle Boy and Sammy) Sammy has one thing the others don't have; versatility. He's the only one who has done a turn and seems equally effective as a heel or a face. He can do arrogant prick but he also has the most babyface fire of anybody in the company not named John Silver.
~ We seem to be building to Sammy/MJF at DoN and Sammy had better win. Not because it's cathartic but because Sammy has spent the last year and a half being the ICs designated poo poo-eater and needs a huge win to remind the audience he's actually a big loving deal. MJF? MJF has lost ONE singles match in the first year and a half in the company. He's not going to turn into a potato just because he loses another. They just had their next world champion (as least we think) get wrecked in 6 minutes in a match with no build.
~ So Cody vs Agogo at DoN? Hope the tummy punch man can do something other than punch tummies if they're gonna get behind him that hard.
~ So Miro is probably killing Darby. So if (when) Britt beats Shida at DoN that will mean every champ in the company is a heel. Which I've never been a fan of.
~ Unless Moxley/Kingston beat the Bucks. Which is possible. Unfortunately there's no result to this match that I like. Either the entire tag team division is getting thrown to the side in favor of another makeshift tag team of singles guys or the titles remain in the YB's personal bubble for the forseeable future.
~ I'm starting to notice a weakness in AEW's booking; they are generally bad at building challengers. Ryo and Britt were good but other than that they lean too heavily on battle royals and throwaway tournaments (I hold the women's tournament as an absolute exception to that distinction. It was the best tournament AEW has done by several orders of magnitude). They rarely if ever have a challenger on a super hot streak off of a feud with another credible challenger leading to a title match. Pac makes sense as a challenger but I mean, who has he actually beaten since returning? OC kinda came out of nowhere to be #1 contender. He just came off of beating Miro true, but that was a tag match. Hangman really needs another major story beat or two because his last 3 months have been aimless.
~ And too many contenders seem to be built around grinding trash mobs on dark. With Britt at least it made sense. (Fine, if I gotta grind trash mobs on Dark I'll grind trash mobs on Dark).

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 6, 2021

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I can definitely see Miro losing to Darby like Cage did with a squeaked out win, which will of course make Miro even more unhinged which could be really fun! Or he might just stomp Darby. I can't tell, and that's gonna make the match exciting!

Shida is going to lose when Rebel hits her with a crutch. This is obvious and I'm not excited for it, I think Shida deserves better.

A huge episode next week, lots of amazing stuff to look forward to. Pac/OC MOTN for sure

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alan_Shore posted:

Shida is going to lose when Rebel hits her with a crutch. This is obvious and I'm not excited for it, I think Shida deserves better.

Extremely hard nod here. And speaking of interference; I'm ready for Good Brothers to gently caress off about now. It was fine at first but it's becoming a crutch. And what's worse is they're being treated as world beaters. The only L I can remember them taking was due to a John Moxley rollup after spending the entire match thrashing him and Kingston. It's good you want to treat your loaners with respect but somebody needs to be a pin eater in the Elite. (Nakazawa does not count). There's 'strong' and there's 'These dudes have collectively lost 2 matches in the last 6 months and it's making every challenger look like a joke.'

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

With any luck, Rebel gets a shot in, gets immediately kendo’d, then the rest of the match is legit. Dr. Britt’s whole recent run (since the Rosa match at least) has been built on “I’m actually that loving good, and I deserve to be champ,” so winning on a bullshit crutchshot/rollup would be a huge disservice to both her and Shida (who deserves a good send-off to her reign).

Edit: the Elite/Good Brothers interference stuff feels old already because they’re STILL dealing with Mox/Eddie. It’s been going since DECEMBER; hopefully throwing OC into the mix here switches things a little. Nothing against any of those guys, but doing the same song and dance for almost 6 months would grate on anyone (see also: Team Taz/Darby feud).

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 6, 2021

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I think the live 10 man double steel cage match was a little too complex to time for TV. It definitely would have played better on PPV.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

It is a bit weird that after all the personal acrimony Kenny's had with Mox and Kingston, the #1 contender for the world title is decided by a match between two people who haven't crossed paths with Kenny for a while (and not at all in OC's case).

I am interested to see Mox and Kingston take on the Bucks, but I'm also done with them getting jumped by the Good Brothers all the time and I kinda preferred tragic villain Kingston to Mox's sidekick Kingston.

ChrisBTY posted:

Extremely hard nod here. And speaking of interference; I'm ready for Good Brothers to gently caress off about now. It was fine at first but it's becoming a crutch. And what's worse is they're being treated as world beaters.

Pretty much this. I mean, they're Gallows and loving Anderson, two guys made to be the goons who catch beatings on the boss' behalf.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
At first I was like "Max Caster as a face???" but then I realized pro wrestling crowds love literally nothing more than a call and response routine. So yeah, if he starts doing funny raps, the crowd will be beside itself by the time Bowens says "AEW THE ACCLAIMED HAVE ARRIVED".

It also bears repeating that Scorpio does not have it, because his Riddler promo followed by "I'm using your shoot name BITCH" was the dirt worst. Kenny's long rambling segment with OC was miles better and that's not good. Good wrestler. Good looking guy. Plenty of upside. But I feel like Page is outshining him. Which is also not promising, no disrespect to Ethan Page.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

And I think the ending would have played better if Sammy had climbed on top of the cage to beg MJF to stop/throw in the towel. The shot they used was terrible because you couldn't see Sammy's face at all.

Honestly if I was the live crowd I'd be pissed. You watch TV for an hour, get two promos where they wrestlers are don't even face the crowd and then a final spot where Jericho gets yeeted onto a pad obscured by the giant double ring.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

This post is dedicated to The Olympic Hero, The Subway Pitchman, The Guv'nor, The Man Who Will Make Your Liver Into Pudding

code:
ANTHONY O O O
         G G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

is pepsi ok posted:

This post is dedicated to The Olympic Hero, The Guv'nor, The Man Who Will Make Your Liver Into Pudding

cody laying dead under the flag lol