Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

I noticed something last night while Schiavone was doing his interview segments. If you watch him during both segments, for whatever reason he mouths along with the promo that the person he's interviewing is giving. I've seen him do it before but it was real obvious last night.

I noticed this too and it was really throwing me off during the Miro promo. People do this all the time but I think because the shot was so tight and Tony was so close to Miro + trying to look shocked/appalled at the same time it added to the weirdness.

Also, yes the Jericho bump looked goofy but it's not like we didn't know it would look goofy. WWE is only slightly better about hiding their crash pads most of the time, but it's still generally obvious when they're there. A better camera angle would have helped but whatever - I got to see a War Games with a hot crowd and lots of blood so I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

Extremely hard nod here. And speaking of interference; I'm ready for Good Brothers to gently caress off about now. It was fine at first but it's becoming a crutch. And what's worse is they're being treated as world beaters. The only L I can remember them taking was due to a John Moxley rollup after spending the entire match thrashing him and Kingston. It's good you want to treat your loaners with respect but somebody needs to be a pin eater in the Elite. (Nakazawa does not count). There's 'strong' and there's 'These dudes have collectively lost 2 matches in the last 6 months and it's making every challenger look like a joke.'

i don't really agree that TGBs are being treated as "world beaters." being tired of their interference and whatever heel chicanery they engage in makes sense, but - here are all of the matches The Good Brothers have had on an AEW show since arriving:

Jan 7th w/ Kenny Omega defeating Brian Pillman Jr/Danny Limelight/Griff Garrison
Jan 21st w/ The Young Bucks defeating The Dark Order
Feb 3rd w/ Kenny Omega defeating Moxley/Pac/Fenix
Mar 11th losing vs. Moxley/Kingston
Mar 25th w/ Kenny Omega defeating Laredo Kid/Penta/Fenix
Apr 7th w/ Kenny Omega defeating Moxley/The Young Bucks

it's almost like that Kenny Omega guy is kind of a talented dickhead, and so are his dickhead friends, the Jacksons

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I actually like that AEW has decided a person just saying "I'm #1 contender" doesn't seem to work. Darby does an open challenge gimmick, so it's different for him. But Eddie and Mox can't just harass Kenny to get the PPV title match. OC and PAC are ranked 1 and 2. They get to fight for the match. Mox has already lost to Kenny twice and Kingston's record is like 9-5 singles. Sorry bucko, no dice.

Ogogo is awesome. Hope he punches Cody to death again at the PPV.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1390283738261622784?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How far up the rankings did Brian Cage move when he beat the perpetual #1 contender Adam Page

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

He went from 5 to 4, page dropped from 1 to 5.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How far up the rankings did Brian Cage move when he beat the perpetual #1 contender Adam Page

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/aew-rankings-as-of-wednesday-may-5-2021

He’s 4th.

1st in the FTW Rankings, but that COWARD Tony won’t acknowledge it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SonicRulez posted:

I actually like that AEW has decided a person just saying "I'm #1 contender" doesn't seem to work. Darby does an open challenge gimmick, so it's different for him. But Eddie and Mox can't just harass Kenny to get the PPV title match. OC and PAC are ranked 1 and 2. They get to fight for the match. Mox has already lost to Kenny twice and Kingston's record is like 9-5 singles. Sorry bucko, no dice.

Ogogo is awesome. Hope he punches Cody to death again at the PPV.

It's also nice that the champions can have their personal blood feuds, but still can't ignore the person climbing the ranks. You know, rather than just fight the same person 5 times in a row until you get stick of the match

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wish they’d recessed the crash pad and just had him go through the stage, but at the same time it wasn’t billed as a loser falls onto a concrete floor match so nobody can say they were ripped off by the finish like Revolution.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
It was advertised as Blood and Guts and since Jericho is a coward and had to use the crash pad, I did not get my promised Guts

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

MotU posted:

It was advertised as Blood and Guts and since Jericho is a coward and had to use the crash pad, I did not get my promised Guts

it was guts in the sense of global guts in that someone would climb a large structure and win

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Pinnacle should change their name to SuperAggroCrag and start wearing Global Guts medals around their necks

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If you want to see a dude with a big sword he’s in WWE

Seams fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 6, 2021

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
it was weird that jake hager had El Reno Prison on his jumpsuit because the town he's from isn't nearby and our prison isn't called El Reno Prison and there's like a ton of other prisons in Oklahoma

stay away from my town Jake

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it was guts in the sense of global guts in that someone would climb a large structure and win

where’s moira quirk

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Seams posted:

If you want to see a dude with a big sword he’s in WWE

give cody a buster sword

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Don Callis saying Nakazawa was a Japanese wrestling legend like Inoki, Baba, Okada and Ibushi was a pretty fun moment

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

All i know is thanks to the flag burial cody needs to come back as british cody and rename the cross rhodes the eel pie and so forth.

Cody Rhodes needs to join the IRA and come out to Wolfe Tone songs.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
When the Elimination Chamber went through its first redesign (From metal grates and real chains to plastic chains & black padding) I said it looked awful, fake, and hokey and for some reason it riled goons up because they thought I meant it was a bad thing people weren't getting hurt on the new chamber. No, I think it just looks really cheap if you can tell it's fake at a glance and it's the same thing that they did with Jericho's bump.

It really didn't help that the stage setup was noticeably much different after the cage went up. If they'd done it the same way as WCW's Triple Cage it'd have looked a bit better. Another big oof for me was when they were showing Jericho and he was looking up and smiling on camera with his eyes open. The constant commercial breaks really broke the match flow up too, whether you were watching on cable or from the Fite feed that's commercial-free (Jericho had to stall a lot in the last break before climbing up on the cage)

Also what the hell happened to the barbed wire that Jack Hager came out with? Was never used (Or if it was, done so off camera)

Ganso Bomb posted:

I noticed this too and it was really throwing me off during the Miro promo. People do this all the time but I think because the shot was so tight and Tony was so close to Miro + trying to look shocked/appalled at the same time it added to the weirdness.
My brother does that all the time while people talk to him and it's kinda irritating, my mom does it to some degree too so it could just be something he does IRL and have no relation to wrestling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SonicRulez posted:

It also bears repeating that Scorpio does not have it, because his Riddler promo followed by "I'm using your shoot name BITCH" was the dirt worst

Oh god I forgot about that. No comic quote has ever been threatening, it just makes you look like a loser dork

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

is pepsi ok posted:

This post is dedicated to The Olympic Hero, The Subway Pitchman, The Guv'nor, The Man Who Will Make Your Liver Into Pudding

code:
ANTHONY O O O
         G G

:britain: :britain: :britain: :britain: :britain:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Cody Rhodes needs to join the IRA and come out to Wolfe Tone songs.

cody say tiocfaidh ár lá

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dango Bango posted:

Would it have been a better finish if MJF hadn't thrown Jericho off the cage at the end of the match? To save the babyfaces from looking like idiots?

Yes. I think it's weird but normally big bumps are with legit things - ladders, tables, railings. The fake ladders are well disguised.

Crash pads are almost always obviously crash pads in a way that comparatively goes past my suspension of disbelief.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

darby is gonna retain
shida is gonna retain
orange cassidy is gonna be our new world champ
mox and eddie are gonna be the new tag champs

i love aew

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

OC is losing next week

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

OC is losing next week

no he isn't!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

darby is gonna retain
shida is gonna retain
orange cassidy is gonna be our new world champ
mox and eddie are gonna be the new tag champs

i love aew

Yeah Darby's gonna retain... retain the use of one leg only once Miro's done with him

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

Yeah Darby's gonna retain... retain the use of one leg only once Miro's done with him

generous of Miro, tbqh

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

is pepsi ok posted:

This post is dedicated to The Olympic Hero, The Subway Pitchman, The Guv'nor, The Man Who Will Make Your Liver Into Pudding

code:
ANTHONY O O O
         G G

Jaime from Mythbusters isn't the first thing I think of for a heel gimmick but it seems to work for him.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ChrisBTY posted:

Pac makes sense as a challenger but I mean, who has he actually beaten since returning?

In singles: The Butcher, The Blade, and Kingston

In tags: pretty much every tag team in AEW in the tag battle royal at Revolution. The Elite and Takeshita in the 5 on 5 at The House Always Wins.

You can brush that up into an impressive resume with a couple of weeks to build.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Look, if you want blood and guts, just watch Captain Rhodes' death scene from 1985's Day of the Dead. You'll be both sickened and enlightened.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just don't show them landing on the crash pad because we can all see the poof when it happens lol. It's been said already but most people's complaints about the ending could've been mitigated with better directing. It does make me wonder how (if??) they rehearsed it because they prob should've ironed that out beforehand. It got a chuckle out of me but didn't ruin the match imo. Last night's show is probably going to do a huge number.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Seriously as excited as I was for Blood and Guts I am 10 times more excited for Miro to rip Darby's skull off his body and wear it as a hat

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Man that dynamite ruled.

Blood and guts match ruled too, including the ending. I have 0 problem with the crash pads.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Seriously as excited as I was for Blood and Guts I am 10 times more excited for Miro to rip Darby's skull off his body and wear it as a hat

he's not going to do that, that's a crime and miro would go to jail and you can't be tnt champ in jail

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Seams posted:

Don Callis saying Nakazawa was a Japanese wrestling legend like Inoki, Baba, Okada and Ibushi was a pretty fun moment
this may have been the most i've ever laughed at an actual joke being told on a wrestling show

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

he's not going to do that, that's a crime and miro would go to jail and you can't be tnt champ in jail

There's nothing in the rulebook that says you can't.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Lamuella posted:

There's nothing in the rulebook that says you can't.

you don't even know you don't have the rules book in front of you!

:colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just my opinion, what I'm feeling right now is Darby loses to Miro next week and then beats him in a rematch at DoN, kind of a Cody/Brodie-type story.

Also,

Wonder if he thinks Aldis is a much of a loser as I do. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did anyone toxx themselves because they thought Brian Danielson was showing up last night lol