Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

jarofpiss posted:

and yet this thread has been talking mad poo poo about applebees for a year and a half straight

the Applebees Defender has logged on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Frances Nurples posted:

you seem to be suggesting that people should stop advocating for practices intended to stop community spread once they're vaccinated, because vaccinated people are personally much safer. when challenged, you pushed back with the fact you've had personal struggles in the past year, which is valid, but still focused on individual, rather than collective impacts.

I am categorically not claiming "people should stop advocating for practices intended to stop community spread once they're vaccinated, because vaccinated people are personally much safer"

I am claiming "people should stop advocating for maximal, socially ostracizing practices intended to stop community spread once they're vaccinated, because vaccinated people are personally much safer"

is this still selfish in your mind, and if so, how?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Thoguh posted:

Condoms are not 100% effective so make sure not to bother bringing any to the Applebee's suck and gently caress.

C'mon, it just feel so uncomfortable and we should just live our lives in the moment. Wearing one implies that you don't trust me when I say that I'm not sick at all. Putting one on is just reinforcing your anxiety and it's pretty insane to have to always wear one at all times.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I require, nay, DEMAND validation for my craving for $5 Bloomin' Onions.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Louisgod posted:

the Applebees Defender has logged on

Name a single restaurant with better Ambiance and Decor

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

rabble rabble posted:

I am categorically not claiming "people should stop advocating for practices intended to stop community spread once they're vaccinated, because vaccinated people are personally much safer"

I am claiming "people should stop advocating for maximal, socially ostracizing practices intended to stop community spread once they're vaccinated, because vaccinated people are personally much safer"

Do you seriously think wearing a respirator is ostracizing? My man, blue collar workers have been wearing them for their jobs for ages. What the gently caress is wrong with you that you think that's something worth ostracizing for?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Seriously though folks. If I might be Real with you for a moment. Imagine dissing respirator crew in month 14 of a global pandemic caused by a respiratory illness. That's some antisocial poo poo right there. I suspect that anyone engaging in that kind of behavior might be in need of some therapy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

rabble rabble posted:

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MadJackal posted:

I just picture so many 50+ page posters sitting around doomscrolling Twitter for hours to find bad news to share while muttering about how they will be this thread’s reckoning.

most recent post: 10:50 AM Eastern
the one before that: 8:01 AM
the one before that: 12:29 AM

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Do you seriously think wearing a respirator is ostracizing? My man, blue collar workers have been wearing them for their jobs for ages. What the gently caress is wrong with you that you think that's something worth ostracizing for?

it's stolen valor if you don't work for a living and you're wearing a respirator because you're scared of the flu

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I personally have a better level of protection than the people around me, is it selfish for me to not give a gently caress about other people?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Why the gently caress would people go to Applebees pre-pandemic? To choke on riblets?

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

silicone thrills posted:

this has absolutely nothing to do with the point at hand

i give up

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

tbh i wish this thread the most possible success in normalizing respirators so maybe for god's sake the painters and insulation people i work with will start consistently wearing them

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I'm just amazed that someone really thinks wearing a pretty bog standard piece of PPE is socially ostracizing themselves.

Nah I shouldn't be amazed. loving libs.

@jarofpiss - I do painted murals and I always wear mine so hopefully that gives you a little comfort.

Also any time I do sanding work and refinishing.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

Why the gently caress would people go to Applebees pre-pandemic? To choke on riblets?

i've literally never been but it's all i can think about nowadays

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

ah, is it because vaccines effect the individual by definition therefore the solution must be selfish by nature? now thats an interesting twist I didn't consider

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
post-second shot is rough

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

lol if you go to Applebee's instead of Chili's. Pathetic.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Evil_Greven posted:

post-second shot is rough

yeah it is

doesn’t last long :)

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

it's stolen valor if you don't work for a living and you're wearing a respirator because you're scared of the flu

i will accept this take if you’re also mad about people wearing tims and carhartts

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

The painters and insulation people i work with will start consistently wearing them

If the painters and insulation people you work with weren't already wearing respirators then they also go to Applebee's and thus aren't worth considering.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

rabble rabble posted:

ah, is it because vaccines effect the individual by definition therefore the solution must be selfish by nature? now thats an interesting twist I didn't consider

Yeah, I've seen whole lot of people who say that they've got the vaccines, that they don't give a poo poo if the other unvaccinated people drop dead, after all, they could had got a shot.

It's not like the government is getting shots in arms, it's just "access" to shots.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

inferis posted:

i will accept this take if you’re also mad about people wearing tims and carhartts

you should have to wear fall protection gear and a hi-vis vest if you're wearing those clothes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Weird how there's suddenly a surge over the past 24 hours of Discourse suggesting/implying/insinuating COVID is Chinese biological/viral warfare:

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1390305781598367746
https://twitter.com/tomphillipsin/status/1390301459414200320

Wonder who gave out the marching orders?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Volcott posted:

Dose 2 acquired. Got some vaccine dregs in my eye because the syringe was extra squirty. It's probably fine.

aw man you're gonna get the eye lasers. i'm so jealous

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Convo reminds me of my anti vax mom

How do people like her not understand that everything we're doing to stop the spread is not just because we're concerned for our own personal safety? The way out of this has always been vaccines and stopping spread with distancing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

MadJackal posted:

I just picture so many 50+ page posters sitting around doomscrolling Twitter for hours to find bad news to share while muttering about how they will be this thread’s reckoning.

don't you have patients to talk over?

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

rabble rabble posted:

tbf you have posted a bunch since i typed that and it's clear now you are just arguing against people's personal preferences in ppe which is still focused on individual choices and your own specific comfort.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

If the painters and insulation people you work with weren't already wearing respirators then they also go to Applebee's and thus aren't worth considering.

my plumber is currently on week 2 of covid + pneumonia i hope he gets better soon. i will take him to applebees to celebrate, i think he would like that

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

jarofpiss posted:

i've literally never been but it's all i can think about nowadays

the forbidden fruit

(apple)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

not sure where the bees come in though. maybe for pollinating?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Schmeichy posted:

How do people like her not understand that everything we're doing to stop the spread is not just because we're concerned for our own personal safety? The way out of this has always been vaccines and stopping spread with distancing.

lol, You haven't :sever: your anti-vax family 16 months into a pandemic?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Schmeichy posted:

be nice to your mom!!

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Frances Nurples posted:

tbf you have posted a bunch since i typed that and it's clear now you are just arguing against people's personal preferences in ppe which is still focused on individual choices and your own specific comfort.

the word "advocate" means something in this sentence, i think you would do well to consider it's definition

edit: you know what, you're right, I don't want to tell people to not do what they want, i want those people to not tell other people they're doing the wrong thing

thank you for helping me work through my feelings on the subject, it will save my therapist a lot of time

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Beached Whale posted:

Name a single restaurant with better Ambiance and Decor

honestly, Applebee's is a fresh of breath air.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Frances Nurples posted:

they are merely arguing that you should take your respirator off because it's weird and offputting, and defending it in any way is suggesting that their N95 isn't good enough and how dare you they are so offended by your clear mental illness

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

lol, You haven't :sever: your anti-vax family 16 months into a pandemic?

Everyone in the house besides her is vaccinated. I don't understand her.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

rabble rabble posted:

the word "advocate" means something in this sentence, i think you would do well to consider it's definition

edit: you know what, you're right, I don't want to tell people to not do what they want, i want those people to not tell other people they're doing the wrong thing

thank you for helping me work through my feelings on the subject, it will save my therapist a lot of time

So all your posting stems from the necessary feeling that you have to be the right one in a room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Do they even have Applebees in Nepal?