Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So the new Venom uni still drops the blobs as a striker? I've still got the Antivenom uni for that. But I may spring for the new uni and the most Selector value if he can do Knull or Mephisto.

I may use it on Ghost Rider even though he's 70, to save mats on leveling his gear. Tempted to bank on a Falcon WS update soon and use it on Bucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Venom's new uni still drops the blobs. I'm not sure if it's better healing, but it's definitely great for characters that can't heal themselves in world boss. He can definitely do WBL, though he's not a guaranteed clear if you're not already doing WBL. Compared to other combat types, he's stronger than Mr Fantastic by a good amount and a little weaker than Carnage/Moon Knight/Iron Fist. The only reason why I don't personally t3 him is because I use him for his striker healing, though I could probably do that with Groot now that his baby groot uni costs gold.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I saw this mentioned on the mff subreddit and didn't really consider it because I haven't read through the quests yet, but everyone should use Iron Man on a team in wbu/wbl for 9 out of 11 days for the event quest.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

A surfing dog?! posted:

I saw this mentioned on the mff subreddit and didn't really consider it because I haven't read through the quests yet, but everyone should use Iron Man on a team in wbu/wbl for 9 out of 11 days for the event quest.

Yeah I already missed one day and need to do 9/10. If you do them all I think it gets you a mega mythic uniform upgrade.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got Venom with the T3 selector, basically just because he and Black Bolt were the only options I didn't already have worked up past 4/20. Grabbed his costume too because, why the hell not? I'll see how it goes.

I grabbed Superior Iron Man and the Maker last week and I'm actually a little underwhelmed by them. But I haven't properly sat down with them and figured out the best routine. I also probably just have to rework my allies in WBU to compensate for villains now that I have them Mystique and Moonstar in the rotation.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

WandaVision with a t3 for Vision.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1387964932700975110?s=20

I decided to use the t3 selector on Winter Soldier since he was just sitting at 60 and I assume this means we're getting Falcon and Winter Soldier update somewhat soon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

A surfing dog?! posted:

WandaVision with a t3 for Vision.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1387964932700975110?s=20

I decided to use the t3 selector on Winter Soldier since he was just sitting at 60 and I assume this means we're getting Falcon and Winter Soldier update somewhat soon.

Well, glad I didn't blow my diamonds. Much rather than WandaVision Wanda and Vision than any of the FF costumes.

I used my selector on Ghost Rider as people said he was the best 800 CCF character I didn't have. I couldn't use the T2 selector because the only characters I haven't T2'd are the ones you can't use it on.

EDIT: Ugh trying to get the iso sets is really annoying. I've spent 200 million rerolling the ISO sets trying to get them.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 30, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Transcended Human Torch is really good, he's the second char I can kill Knull with. Had an immune to web, 38% fire damage, 200% proc obelisk on him from a while ago and that was good enough. In the long run I'll have to transcend Thing too for the 40% damage buff, for now I just gave him Starlord lead and Valkyrie support.

I've tried Venom, BRBill & Medusa, Cable, Ghost Rider and Sharon but they just don't put out the damage. I need to tweak their builds and practice some more. It's embarrassing how bad I am with Sharon considering how long she's been top tier.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Sharon is a little wonky to learn, but here's a pretty good demonstration that might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoaddmS1AsE

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I used my T3 on Ghost Rider, then remembered I have a Mighty CTP of Transcendence on Black Bolt. Rerolled it to get a maxed out Beat down stat that gives him Pierce, which I haven't yet gotten through cards.

Decided to dabble with reforging a Regen, and I got Penetration on the second roll, but I'm confused because the Max Stats shown for my first roll were not the same as the Max Stats shown for my second roll, so now I don't know what to try for with Regen, and there is surprisingly little info out there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am getting really pissed off at Displatch 6-3. Outside of that one time, I've never been able to get even close to beating it. I always get to the Thing with less than a minute to go, and the adds just have so much health and your Ai controlled characters focus on them over the boss, he had 155 million HP.

It's just such a frustrating roadblock, like story 8-3, where the mechanics of the game are fighting against you.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

LOL, I finished unlocking Knull and what's this rank 2 cosmic cube fragment bullshit to rank him up? I somehow managed to not notice that in the months since he was added. I take it Mephisto is the same?

3,080 ccf just to rank him to 6. I assume his gear will cost CCF as well just like Sentry. I guess I need to sit down and do some planning of who I want to upgrade and when. For that I could T3 Odin and almost 2 others.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The CCF cost might seem like a lot at first, but if you end up playing WBL a lot you'll end up having CCF pouring out your rear end. When you get to the point to where you're leveling him from 60-70, I suggest using CCF even though it might be painful at the time. TCP is probably a good second option, but I regret using my EOD when I had so much back when I was building Knull. I'm struggling for TCP/EoD and I've gotten enough CCF to where I sometimes use it leveling other characters up to 70 instead of BAM.

It looks like Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Maker are all really good. Vision is proc friendly and Wanda looks stronger than Odin but still a bit weaker than Gambit/Human Torch.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 4, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am going to t3 Venom I think, and then work on Reed as I have his Maker costume.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

A surfing dog?! posted:

The CCF cost might seem like a lot at first, but if you end up playing WBL a lot you'll end up having CCF pouring out your rear end. When you get to the point to where you're leveling him from 60-70, I suggest using CCF even though it might be painful at the time. TCP is probably a good second option, but I regret using my EOD when I had so much back when I was building Knull. I'm struggling for TCP/EoD and I've gotten enough CCF to where I sometimes use it leveling other characters up to 70 instead of BAM.

Good point, my current bottleneck is mostly the titan component packs rather than CCF since everyone needs those for gear whether T3 or awakened. I'll be careful not to burn through my EODs.

I updated my cards for the first time since the Thor Ragnarok legendary battle was new and things seem to be going smoother. My real bottleneck for WBL is CTPs since I don't want to get too spendy. Every time I think about gambling more I remember Marvel Heroes and Avenger's Academy.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I need to stop getting swooned by whoever Cynic Alex says is OP, but then again Vision was one of my faves and I owe him a costume -- he's probably not getting another one anytime soon.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I can T3 Rogue, Xavier, or Iron Man now.

Or I can save up for New Wanda or Surfer.

Or I can focus on leveling the gears for New Vision or Carnage to get them ready to T3.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

If you have a ctp of Judgment I'd say Rogue is a great choice. Xavier is really good for WBU but probably the weakest of the three in WBL. Iron Man can do well with a proc obelisk or ctp of Energy, so if you don't have CTPs to throw around he's probably your best bet. Wanda is a great PvE choice too and could potentially work with a proc but it seems like a pain if you're not using a Rage/Judgment on her. I just think for the cost, Rogue ends up being a little better but she has the issue of there being less viable leaderships in WBL while Wanda provides her own leadership.

Personally I feel like Surfer's value for his cost isn't worth investing in now that every PvP team has a Sentry. He's still good, but not guaranteed wins anymore and he's just kinda average for PvE. I'd say if you're hurting in PvP it's worth investing in Luke Cage instead for less resources.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I do have a Judgment on Rogue. I may pull the trigger on her then. Thank you.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Of the characters I have that are MRUT-able, Valkryie seems like the best use but I don't have her latest costume. She still worth it even in vanilla form?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anals of History posted:

Of the characters I have that are MRUT-able, Valkryie seems like the best use but I don't have her latest costume. She still worth it even in vanilla form?

If you can get her to T2 she's worth it. Her T2 passive is all allies get +45% damage to super villains and -15% damage from super villains. If you get her uniform later, that gets boosted to +50% -25% and 30% ignore dodge.

edit: Got my third daily Knull kill in Cable. Moonstone does such insane damage I took Cyclops and Mystique from her and gave them to Cable which was enough for a kill after some practice. I gave Moonstone Dr. Strange lead and threw in Spider-Man as the third for giggles and she still shredded Count Dorkula. I'll have to start learning Ghost Rider next, or take his judgment and give it to Rogue since she seems a bit easier. I think I'll hold off on pushing for a 4th kill until I get Thing awakened so I can swap him in for Valkyrie as Torch's support.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 6, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do i get more CTPs of rage? They seem like the key to doing, well, anything these days.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Beating Galactus is supposed to drop them once in a blue moon. I think there's one you can get in a Legendary Battle. Get lucky when you get the random CTP box. Possibly somewhere in the store for real money.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

There's unfortunately no real reliable way to get any good CTP. I've been grinding the hell out of GBR for those card crafting fragments ever since the card tokens started dropping, and I've never seen a CTP. The Legendary Battle Extremes or whatever they're called for Far From Home and End Game give you selectors I think, but those are 2500 crystals. You kinda just have to get lucky with the somewhat monthly random CTP chests and the random CTP chests from the event quests unless you spend money. The only good CTP I've ever gotten from RNG where it could potentially drop was a Regen from a WBU box.

I've also run a lot of Dispatch Missions with energy and haven't seen any CTP's, but I have seen two P-Cards at least.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 7, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Spending money Rages are guaranteed 1 in 10, they'll hand you one if you whiff that many times but if you get one it will reset the counter. I got one on my 4th pull and quit there during the sale. I actually went back to think about spending more money two days later but the ctp/card sale was over already. Because of that bad luck protection, judgments are rarer for the whales.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

Beating Galactus is supposed to drop them once in a blue moon. I think there's one you can get in a Legendary Battle. Get lucky when you get the random CTP box. Possibly somewhere in the store for real money.

Gross, i catch the Galactus battle so rarely it might as well be expecting to be struck by lightning. The few times I have, he's utterly destroyed the team so not exactly a source of anything.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

bagrada posted:

Spending money Rages are guaranteed 1 in 10, they'll hand you one if you whiff that many times but if you get one it will reset the counter. I got one on my 4th pull and quit there during the sale. I actually went back to think about spending more money two days later but the ctp/card sale was over already. Because of that bad luck protection, judgments are rarer for the whales.

Actually you don't get the pity CTP until the 11th pull. It's really bad.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh poo poo I just got the Luna snow premium card from a dispatch level up chest.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Dave posted:

Oh poo poo I just got the Luna snow premium card from a dispatch level up chest.

Nice. I just broke 40 on WBU Proxima and my reward box gave me stupid Phoenix Feathers.

I'm stuck on Dispatch 7-5. I'm just trying to clear them all first, before going back to try and notch the Challenges.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do you increase the dots on dispatch missions? If I can't progress at least i can get 3 dots on everyone i can clear.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's 3 missions on the side. Like "complete with 2 mutants". You get a dot for each one you complete. You can do them in separate runs.

I've been really underwhelmed by Dispatch so far. The rewards seem small, although I've cleared up through 6. I've been checking in and progressing because the event had a daily task for it but when that's gone I feel like I'm gonna just forget about it.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I've been really underwhelmed by Dispatch so far. The rewards seem small, although I've cleared up through 6. I've been checking in and progressing because the event had a daily task for it but when that's gone I feel like I'm gonna just forget about it.

The 'passive' rewards or the random rewards from actively running missions? I think they're both pretty good to be honest; I got a lucky crit reward of like 140 mandalay gem fragments, and being able to farm a few more TCPs is nice.

News is that there's a surprise second part to the anniversary event, so we're getting a free Transcended character today - the options are Spider-Gwen, Elsa, Moon Knight, Medusa, Amadeus Cho, Red Guardian, Doc Ock, Red Skull, Shadow Shell or War Tiger. There's also a new daily quest token event with a P-card chest as one of the options.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 10, 2021

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

oh no this means I might finally I have to learn moon night's rotation

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
His "rotation" if you put energy on him is quickly canceling 5 into 4, letting 4 play out, then just pressing stuff until you can do 5c4 again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I did rush to get his Uni and awaken him but then didn't learn poo poo.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I think I'm going to have to boost Elsa. She went from getting my first world boss kills ever (along with Sharon and Iron Fist) to struggling on SL stage 1. And she could be a phys lead for Moon Knight until I get a few more people bumped.

My other choices are Red Guardian or Red Skull and I don't have either's uniform. Then Doc Ock or the OC warriors who would be a waste since their gears are maxed.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The event quest requires world boss with Vision this time instead of Iron Man.

Last event was weird, I missed the 5 dispatch and Iron Man on the first day, then thought I'd be one short of the uniform ticket. In the end I had exactly the number of quests needed and got it.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I screwed up in the last event because I didn't see the daily requirements at first and ended up short for the uniform.

Selected Medusa with the ticket.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Red Skull is T3, how is he an option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Red Guardian, even. Some red guy.

Edit: Both red guys, in fact.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 10, 2021