Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

Kingpin should have greased himself up too.

You would think that Spidey of all people would know that humans are softer than walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Glass jars are softer than walls too but then again, Kool-Aid Man.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Johnny Walker posted:

Kingpin should have greased himself up too.

Now that Kingpin is winded Spidey can use the power of being strong enough to loving deadlift the Kingpin in order to defeat the current situation. No other way that strength could've been useful.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MorningMoon posted:

Now that Kingpin is winded Spidey can use the power of being strong enough to loving deadlift the Kingpin in order to defeat the current situation. No other way that strength could've been useful.

Before that the Kingpin had a switchblade! Spidey couldn't remember he had super strength to just hold the dude's arms and break them.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Before that the Kingpin had a switchblade! Spidey couldn't remember he had super strength to just hold the dude's arms and break them.

He couldn't as Kingpin was all greased up, remember? I mean now he can, but it's clearly related to either the lack of air or plot convenience. One of those.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kingpin was not actually greased up. he had specific counters against webs and wall walking, but never did anything about nsm's oft-forgotten superhuman strength.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I think Spidey couldn't initially use his super strength because he was still woozy and exhausted from the effect of the drugs he willingly took from the doctor. Fortunately removing oxygen from the room helped to make him stronger and more clear-headed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Honestly, him taking the drugged drink the doctor he doesn't trust drugged right in front of him is 100 times wilder to me than the air pocket under the mask.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

what the gently caress are raccoons when you think about it

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

what the gently caress are raccoons when you think about it

Pretty great, actually.

https://youtu.be/Ofp26_oc4CA

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Yes, haha. Here, now drink this."
"Will do!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao it is a normal wall. he could have busted through it with a punch at any time. i thought it was some sort of armored vault.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Spider-Man sure does like inflicting massive head trauma on his opponents huh?

I guess he gives it as well as he takes it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lmao it is a normal wall. he could have busted through it with a punch at any time. i thought it was some sort of armored vault.

He was hesitant to attack it since he didn't know if it was made up of bricks.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

"Mr. Fisk, you were right! Spider-man DID stop showing up!

Now we're being assaulted by some guy swinging on grappling hooks and calling himself the Night Monkey, though!"

"Blast! Another new hero to deal with! Confound it, now I have to start all over again!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
right, didn't regular spiderman once adopt several new superhero identities at the same time?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Prodigy!
The Hornet!
Dusk!
Ricochet!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I never heard the term straphanger before, you learn something new every day with NSM!

Well, maybe not every day. Unless you count stuff like "How many days can we stretch out a fight against snakes in a swamp" or "How many concussions can a man suffer before permanent brain damage sets in"?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Well what did you think Kingpin was going to do after you drugged Spider-Man and had him delivered to him?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Johnny Walker posted:

Well what did you think Kingpin was going to do after you drugged Spider-Man and had him delivered to him?

That last panel. It's ripe for some edits.

Oh my.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he threatened me pretty much every time we spoke and i believed him, but i had no idea he'd harm you!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I don't know if all the things you said about Spider-Man were untrue, you did say he had dementia, which is entirely possible.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

i swear he's more adorable the second time somehow

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's like the saying goes about how half of psychologists get into it to understand their own broken brains, except in this case the brains are literally broken.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

I think I'll just start posting GRONNK alongside these because why not.

MorningMoon posted:

i swear he's more adorable the second time somehow
Well of course, we already know he's Peter's space son this time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's got heavy stuff on the brain, that's for sure.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I still absolutely love that Peter's first reaction isn't "Huh some rear end in a top hat must be dressing as me and committing crimes to frame me," it's "Oh no maybe my powers are controlling me without me knowing!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I still absolutely love that Peter's first reaction isn't "Huh some rear end in a top hat must be dressing as me and committing crimes to frame me," it's "Oh no maybe my powers are controlling me without me knowing!"

Professor: In nature there are some parasites that are actually able to take control of their host organism, forcing them to do what they want.
Peter: Oh no!
Professor: Oh ho ho, but don't worry, these parasites can only affect the most simple-minded of creatures.
Peter: OH NO! :gonk:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd like to believe that Spidey's pose there means he tried to web swing into the empty sky and MJ had to push him away

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I love it when Spider-Man is just casually strolling around with people.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd really like to see the bit between Kingpin's "I hate it when you gloat" and this strip.

Doctor: so, uh...
Kingpin: yeah, yeah, you can go now
Doctor: Just like that?
Kingpin: my goons bailed and the new episode of SSSS.Dynazenon should be done torrenting, i'm done with you jerks for now
Spidey: *walks to the window*
Kingpin: take the loving elevator down, I just had the room cleaned. Ugh, right, I gotta get the other room un-greased before it starts smelling.
Spidey: see you next week! ... hey, this thing is missing the Floor 1 button
Kingpin: *sighs and reaches into the elevator to press the lobby button for them*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spidey: Don't worry doc, you're safe from Kingpin forever now.
Doctor: So he's going away for life?
Spidey: Nah he'll be walking free in a week and committing crimes again, anyway I'm gonna swing away and leave you to walk home alone now!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in a week? no one called the cops! kingpin is still chilling in his crib.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

To be fair it's a little hard to have a guy arrested for trying to kick the rear end of a superhero when you have exactly one witness.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dr.: Can't believe he'll go free. You possess a tragic nobility, Spider-Man. Forever locked in battle against the same enemies, an eternal fight between good and evil. We can never repay you for your constant vigilance, truly the hero we need but not the one we deserve. I feel safer knowing you're always watching, always defending the city.

Spider-Man: ...whu-? Sorry did you say something? Going on vacation, was just picturing my wife in her different bikinis, humina humina!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So we're just gonna forget that the doctor was an accomplice to the Kingpin?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Is this going to lead to Obama getting Spidey through the security gate and the "why aren't you an Avenger"?