Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Dynastocles posted:

Again, these people just want Second Life. Second Life did all that stuff first.

It should be this thread’s mission to inject flying penises into Star Citizen

I was going to post the original Video but sadly it seems to have been deleted. Here’s an article about it if you haven’t seen it

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/01/the-streisand-effect-celebrating-10-years-of-internet-pile-ons/

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I can see the appeal of second life in space, but they have chosen the worst possible approach. Something with simpler, stylized graphics would be quicker to develop and iterate and they could make a version of No Man's Sky where you actually saw other people. Instead they went for the 4K textured boring reality style that is impossible to finish and too complex to handle by their incompetent team.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Someone on the Star Citizen subreddit wants to play Snake inside of Star Citizen so they have something to pass the time. Very positive response. This comedy truly does write itself.

MostlyRandom
Nov 1, 2019

the female animations in this are absolutely terrible, its like a bad day at Boston dynamics

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ExemplarySpecificAmericanbulldog-mobile.mp4

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

This one is honestly kind of puzzling:

Somebody has no idea :wtf: Star Citizen is either.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Someone on the Star Citizen subreddit wants to play Snake inside of Star Citizen so they have something to pass the time. Very positive response. This comedy truly does write itself.

I'd rather play some kind of space sim, honestly. Maybe they could add one of those?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Sarsapariller posted:

I'd rather play some kind of space sim, honestly. Maybe they could add one of those?

They'll need another 400 million in funding to think about adding that.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

lobsterminator posted:

I can see the appeal of second life in space, but they have chosen the worst possible approach. Something with simpler, stylized graphics would be quicker to develop and iterate and they could make a version of No Man's Sky where you actually saw other people. Instead they went for the 4K textured boring reality style that is impossible to finish and too complex to handle by their incompetent team.

It's CRs need for everything to be movie quality, because the cinematic sequences are the most impressive and important parts to him.

And honestly it's paid off in spades... so probably me believing there should be a video game behind the video game advertising is most likely dumb as heck to believe. :shrug:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MostlyRandom posted:

the female animations in this are absolutely terrible, its like a bad day at Boston dynamics

I've seen worse in video games. But it's not super great, either, given the amount of money sunk into animations.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Thoatse posted:

lmao that guy has the av someone made for me by crobearing my Russian Orthodox Patriarch Vader one that I never ended up using

That was actually me who added the Crobear avatar. Saw this approach on the refunds sub, thought it would be fun to replace the faithfuls' avatars/personal info with :crobear:

Anyone remember that unstable CIG fanboy who came up with a convoluted conspiracy theory about how "crobear" was a homophobic slur? He also had another theory about how getting a refund was equivalent to financial fraud or something like that. I hope he has given up on CIG and sorted things out in his life.

skeletors_condom fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 6, 2021

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

I've seen worse in video games. But it's not super great, either, given the amount of money sunk into animations.

They just need to copy 2B's walk cycle.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I was friend to Store Citizer. He taught me that when you grift, you're paid for it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

skeletors_condom posted:

That was actually me who added the Crobear avatar. Saw this approach on the refunds sub, thought it would be fun to replace the faithfuls' avatars/personal info with :crobear:

Anyone remember that unstable CIG fanboy who came up with a convoluted conspiracy theory about how "crobear" was a homophobic slur? He also who another theory about how getting a refund was equivalent to financial fraud or something like that. I hope he has given up on CIG and sorted things out in his life.

quote:

My point is that you are getting wound up over something I don't think you have taken the time to reason properly about, and you're buying into a faux-outrage based on vapid steam generated by a group demonstrably acting in bad faith. You should calm down and consider the situation from a more objective angle. If you still feel that Drake is hosed then you can maybe swap ships with something armored more to your liking.

Either that or you can pay 10 dollars (Yes, it costs 10 dollars to join their club. Not making that up.) to spoon with the one with beets in his trunk and/or his companions in their fuzzy feline, holy beer & pirate themed pajama party (NO GIRLS ALLOWED) while making erotically charged fingerpaintings of Chris Roberts as a hot bear.

quote:

It gives me the impression that the guy copy pasted bits of other peoples story and created their own.

They have to stop peddling the idea that you can sue in the EU for "non-delivery" by ignoring the TOS and acting like you didn't know it was a crowdfunded project under development, because you can't. And the word "refund" isn't a magic get-out-of-jail-free-card in the EU either. They have been corrected on this several times, but they continue to make the claim.

In many countries in the EU it is a crime to encourage other people to file lawsuits that you have no foot in. It's illegal to stir up crowds to generate negativity. It's illegal to encourage people to do charge backs on a credit card unless in the case of non-delivery or fraud. It's illegal to state something about a business or individual that isn't true. It's illegal to pose as a person of relatable background to dupe others for personal gain, like for instance telling people they should be mad about Star Citizen and then buy their in-game assets at reduced rates at the gray market. It's illegal to harass people online, and that includes people with public images such as Chris Roberts and Sandi Gardiner.

They act like they're being lawful, but the fact is that the starcitizen_refunds subreddit actively encourages people to commit crimes. But as we all know Reddit doesn't really care about that, which in some cases makes sense (r/trees) but in other cases (r/incel and r/starcitizen_refunds) it encourages behavior that is bizarre to put it mildly. I wonder if Reddit will stop allowing (and almost encourage) people to lie about other companies' business, generate fraudulent evidence and slander their employees because it makes them feel temporarily important.

Lol'ed at "it's probably not fake because what would anyone stand to gain" in the comments, because that is hilarious. We know that people on starcitizen_refunds is "gaining" something, but it's not necessarily of monetary value, it's an emotional one. Second of all, this argument is completely stupid on the basis that this would not be the first time that anyone does something like this. Not even close. But it's still a good point - what are the shitizens of starcitizen_refunds think they are getting out of any of this?

There are several people in that thread that encourages other people to not be skeptical as well, even though it has some huge obvious red flags.

Addendum: their overt sexual attraction and obsession with Chris Roberts is extremely creepy.

quote:

A hot bear is a gay term for a hairy man and you literally have hundreds of images of Chris Roberts face photoshopped on bears. And one of you guys decided to illustrate my point perfectly. Projection isn't going to work.

That picture did make me laugh though, so thanks for that.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

skeletors_condom posted:

Anyone remember that unstable CIG fanboy who came up with a convoluted conspiracy theory about how "crobear" was a homophobic slur? He also who another theory about how getting a refund was equivalent to financial fraud or something like that. I hope he has given up on CIG and sorted things out in his life.

There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about that lol

That dude was wild, he spent like three years accusing me of being some kind of international money launderer and slander-er because I said Ben Lesnick had a website full of really gross jokes about how he wanted to gently caress kids. He once argued that SA's forums weren't indexed and we would move threads around just to hide evidence of our crimes. I just noticed the other day he deleted his account, the poor guy.

Also lmao at how mad citizens used to get when they'd come shitpost in /r/refunds and get the corncob av.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

They just need to copy 2B's walk cycle.

At first I was biting my lip over that game, and then it became one of the best games I played for the whole year or so. I actually beat it, and that says a lot because I not only almost never play games, the ones I do I rarely beat unless they are something that makes me amused or interested.

That game kept changing things up so much that I never got tired of some specific type of gameplay for too long.

It's almost shocking to talk about a video game that knew it was a video game and went bonkers with gameplay in a thread about a game that wants to be a movie and went bonkers with creating anti-gameplay.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

That's the one! That guy is a legend!

He was also obsessed with calling the refunds sub a hate sub. Many of the hardcore faithful use that term, but he took it to another level. He was actually convinced that there was some sort of conspiracy against CIG by what in his mind were the gaming equivalent of neo-nazis.

I genuinely hope he is feeling better!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Errr, only recently joined the club here, where do I sign up for the erotic fingerpainting classes?

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

FishMcCool posted:

Errr, only recently joined the club here, where do I sign up for the erotic fingerpainting classes?

Try starting a thread about this on Spectrum.

Include some examples of crobear artwork that seems interesting to you.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I never got invited to the pirate themed pajama party :(

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Hey i stopped following these threads for a while, is the game out yet?

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Hey i stopped following these threads for a while, is the game out yet?

You're posting in it.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
I think I've been bathing in Star Citizen's lovely waters for too long because when I hear Dav Stott say:

https://youtu.be/L55r0QQ3nEg?t=1186

I immediately think of Crobbers and his blue green pixel.

EDIT: I was just thinking, the closest Store Citizer can get to this sort of granular detail about how the game's systems actually work (LOL) is Tony Z's CitizenCon snore fests. But where Dav is talking about things that actually are, Tony Z is opining about how like things totally might be if Aquarius is in Taurus and Saul Goodman finds Joe Malik on the island of Fernando Poo and anyway subsumptzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Jonny Shiloh fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 6, 2021

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

My first Star Citizen Photoshop...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

FishMcCool posted:

:five:

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

FishMcCool posted:

we meet at the bar in Port Olisar on Tuesdays at 1700. Bring alien sexual fluids (preferably Xi'an, Vanduul only if you must) and FOIP your genitals.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

cmdrk posted:

we meet at the bar in Port Olisar on Tuesdays at 1700. Bring alien sexual fluids (preferably Xi'an, Vanduul only if you must) and FOIP your genitals.

GOIP

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Popete posted:

Star Citizen is king of trailers that are nothing like the actual game though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULVIz0aCxoE

So from the video.

1. Flying in dumb overly close formation.
2. Showing off "military".
3. Showing "inclusion"
4. Showing what could be, and not what is.

And to space nerds, all of that is the special sauce for them to throw more money at Star Citizen.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

lobsterminator posted:

they could make a version of No Man's Sky where you actually saw other people.

The latest update to NMS has a mode where everyone starts on the same planet and it's hecking cool as heck

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
call your parents

Hug your mom.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

poo poo that must be the kind of something totally revolutionary and new that Croberts may want in SC.

MisterBishop
Sep 2, 2011

Nooby engineer

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

We can fight using the most diverse weapons.

I know Citizens like to make stuff up to feel better about their lack of a game, but what? Most diverse weapons? Since when? I thought they had mostly generic FPS weapons, not even futuristic like you would expect given 900 years of development from today. Or is this just another version of "Combat in SC is much more fun and exciting than any other FPS on the market," when there is absolutely nothing to make it stand out (in a positive way).

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://mobile.twitter.com/mmapedroalfonso/status/1390399940590018563

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about that lol

That dude was wild, he spent like three years accusing me of being some kind of international money launderer and slander-er because I said Ben Lesnick had a website full of really gross jokes about how he wanted to gently caress kids. He once argued that SA's forums weren't indexed and we would move threads around just to hide evidence of our crimes. I just noticed the other day he deleted his account, the poor guy.

Also lmao at how mad citizens used to get when they'd come shitpost in /r/refunds and get the corncob av.

Toejam deleted his account? :saddowns:

:lol:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
That new player experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah_9qMwRW9o&t=60s

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

'I just wanted to show you how cool this game could be, but it just fucks me in the rear end'

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Lol such fidelity,

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Pixelate posted:

So an exciting new YT is series underway

quote:

I will be spending ZERO! real money on this account, and demonstrating that all you need is a game pack and one of the base starter ships that come with it, to not only make UEC but to enjoy the game in general.

Thought I'd see how this guy was doing...

Ep5

Ep 6
  • Has worked way back up to 50k off camera.
  • Makes 12k from a ground mission. Up to 62k.

Ep 7

I'll let him summarise

https://i.imgur.com/broBeML.mp4

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I just realized their gas giant is supposed to have a breathable atmosphere, their not-Cloud City implies it. Another nonsense.

Poor guy, maybe he should try playing something else instead of Sisyphean Citizen.

E.g. you get your first capital ship in NMS for free.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Dwesa posted:

Poor guy, maybe he should try playing something else inseatd of Sisyphean Citizen.

So many citizens sit in their fleets and claim $45 is all you need to spend (even though it's $54 dollars now)

So good on this guy for actually trying to prove the point. Even if he's failing horribly.