Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

They're also going to read some letters tomorrow, so if anyone ever wanted Joel to read your letter, now's the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

$4.9 mil!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

$4.9 mil!

PRETTY NICE

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

*an insane chorus* PRETTY NICE!!!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Jesus, they're $600k away now...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$5mil might be reached this hour, they've gotten about six grand in the last five minutes and the counter keeps going up

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I just tried changing my pledge to get the mission patches as an add-on, and it didn't work. I went through the confirmation process and it still has my pledge at the old level. Has anyone else encountered this? I don't want to cancel and redo it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I just tried changing my pledge to get the mission patches as an add-on, and it didn't work. I went through the confirmation process and it still has my pledge at the old level. Has anyone else encountered this? I don't want to cancel and redo it.
It seems like it can take a few minutes for a pledge update, you should get an email

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

What browser are you using? I’ve seen people in the Kickstarter comments suggest this happens in some browsers, but works ok in Chrome.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Diabolik900 posted:

What browser are you using? I’ve seen people in the Kickstarter comments suggest this happens in some browsers, but works ok in Chrome.

I'm on firefox like an old fuddy duddy, but I'll try another. Thanks!

I ran into the same problem backing the Prisoner retro toys and just cancelled my pledge and made a new one, but I don't want to do that this time.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I'm on firefox like an old fuddy duddy, but I'll try another. Thanks!

Welcome fellow old person online. Yes, this is the problem...when I logged in thru Edge it worked fine.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

27k backers :toot:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

5 million soon.

edit - 5 million now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$5mil reached with 31 hours to go :toot:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
$5,000,000! Double posters!

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
5 milly

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I pooped my drawers I'm so excited!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

God maybe we'll reach $6 million. I was pretty optimistic throughout but I didn't expect to get to $5 million this soon.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

fsif posted:

God maybe we'll reach $6 million. I was pretty optimistic throughout but I didn't expect to get to $5 million this soon.

Joel has promised a super-special reward if we hit $5.8 million (or 49,000 backers).

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Edward Mass posted:

Joel has promised a super-special reward if we hit $5.8 million (or 49,000 backers).

Which at this rate I'd be surprised if it didn't. Hell, I'd be surprised if we weren't at 5.5 before the finale begins tomorrow.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Edward Mass posted:

$5,000,000! Double posters!

GIMMIE THAT SWEET SWEET SAMPO SECOND POSTER :woop:

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

This cowtown puppet show just raised $5 million - again. Warms the cockles of your heart.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The people have spoken. They demand more puppets.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With a little under 8 hours left in the day, there's been over $280k raised and over 1700 new backers already today

$5.05mil :woop:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Splint Chesthair posted:

This cowtown puppet show just raised $5 million - again. Warms the cockles of your heart.
Keep circulating the tapes links works again!

I want to back personally but I literally have no money, alas.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Man, getting the most MST3k for my buck, or Mp$, is getting complicated. So I should get the $400 thing, and also the 5 10 movie classic pack? I see the email says that these episodes won't be included in the Ultimate edition.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mantis42 posted:

The people have spoken. They demand more puppets.
:hmmyes:

I'm thinking of upping my pledge to get the 10 (or really 20 hopefully) classic episode selection. I can't justify buying the full set since I own them all on DVD, but I might do that.

Edit: I did. I'm so bad with money.

Edit 2: Also added the $15 pack from the last campaign.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 6, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ten grand away from $5.1mil :stare:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Pretty nice!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Vip poped up and I couldn't escape its gravity

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

So this is just a really educated guess, but the Season Finale party is probably being held at the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville, PA. Joel's hung out there before and they did monthly MST3k screenings before COVID. The ticket numbers listed match almost exactly to the seats in their big theater.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Chris James 2 posted:

Ten grand away from $5.1mil :stare:
Haha just saw it go over.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$5.1mil reached already holy poo poo

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Think I might splurge for a snowglobe.

Edit: \/ I already have the physical edition tier + tiki mug.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 6, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Mokinokaro posted:

Think I might splurge for a snowglobe

That's how they got me. "Well, now I want the poster and with the snowglobe I had might as well go to $350 and it would be nice to own copies of S12 and..."

Next thing you know:

Chris James 2 posted:

$5.1mil reached already holy poo poo

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

crossing my fingers that he found a tape of the KTMA Fugitive Alien II episode (it would be very funny to make that the ultimate super secret bonus)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I was 14 when I went heres my guide to the con
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1IrVEdNsYx8jEbjoGcrdeXfSgDv4vew0B

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Yeah, this thing is going to sail over the finish line in no time. That last round of 'Finale/After-party/VIP' add-ons is perfectly crafted to hook people with deep pockets who might otherwise have still been on the fence. I can see why they held off on that one -- do it too early and you potentially set the price too low and miss the target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s a real art to goosing the most cash out of these campaigns. I can’t think of another one that’s strategized to this extent other than the last MST3K one.