Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't necessarily want SCU to win the belts but I also feel like retiring Daniels with so little pomp and/or circumstance would be dumb.

The only other option would be is if Kaz throws the match and allows himself to get pinned to shed the weight of Daniels or something, then Daniels has to finagle his way back to get a match against Kaz for the big sendoff or something. I dunno.

With most other things I've been unsure about booking wise, AEW has turned out good results so I'm open to being happily surprised by whatever happens next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Christopher Daniels is not retiring when they lose the match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

blunt posted:

Blood and Guts and Some Ratings

The Acclaimed are a draw!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Idgi, is he referring to trolls complaining about them talking about AEW again?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

an excuse for what

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he's referring to people who are like "yeah they made #1 on cable but their overall viewers were lower than the peak so whats the excuse there?" basically people you should not devote even a second of energy to, which i will no longer do after this post

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

flatluigi posted:

other people already said this to you but daniels losing here has never been said to be his outright retirement; it's the ending of SCU as a tag team. it's not outright over for daniels if he and kaz lose to the bucks, and i think that's what's been souring you on the idea the most here

Yeah, I am conflating the two and that's my bad. But its also just that I don't think Daniels has it in him for a decent solo run and I don't want his retirement to be a series of big losses. So I kind of want the end of the SCU to be the end for Daniels.

But I don't expect it so I'll just have to live with it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Daniels is going to have a best of seven series with Christian, he will lose every match

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

blunt posted:

:thurman::thurman::thurman:

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

I really loved the match. My one real complaint about this show is you have 2 rings and NO REY FENIX!? Shame on you, Tony.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just came in to post holy poo poo #1 on cable this week. :stare:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Which number makes them #1? I don't understand that chart at all. It looks like several shoes had a bigger overall number.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Which number makes them #1? I don't understand that chart at all. It looks like several shoes had a bigger overall number.

Paying Bryan Alvarez a bunch of money to say it, so the number on his paycheque from Tony Khan is the one to look for.

the 18-49 demographic because that’s the one advertisers care about, so that’s the one networks care about

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

probably the one that the chart is sorted by as indicated in the rank column

also holy poo poo they had more than double the M 19-49 that second place in that demo did

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

the 18-49 demo is the one anybody cares about, which is why the total number of viewers is jumbled up. It's not "most viewers" but it's technically highest rated.

Edit: I'm no tv man but I think this is how it works.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

GenghisTron posted:

I really loved the match. My one real complaint about this show is you have 2 rings and NO REY FENIX!? Shame on you, Tony.

I'm hoping we get Double Ring Dark.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
eat poo poo real housewives

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chart's ranked according to the 18-49 viewership because they're generally considered the most valuable demographic by the advertisers.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

blunt posted:

glad to see concacaf champions league doing ok :) thats what i put on right after. more soccer please

blunt posted:

I'm hoping we get Double Ring Dark.

ooo

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yeah that's a huge loving number then. They're double the M 18-49 number of anyone else.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

they say all shows are created equal, but you look at Dynamite and you look at MTV's The Challenge and you see that statement is not true! Dynamite's a genetic freak and it's not normal!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i hope the viewers carry over cuz next week is gonna bang

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

graph posted:

i hope the viewers carry over cuz next week is gonna bang

I’m mega hyped

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Joey McChrist posted:

they say all shows are created equal, but you look at Dynamite and you look at MTV's The Challenge and you see that statement is not true! Dynamite's a genetic freak and it's not normal!

MTV is now very confusing to me, an old person.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Number good, good number

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Why do I read the replies

Why do I do this to myself

That jobbernation guy is mentally ill

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Someone who has paid more attention to numbers than I have - how does that F19-49 demo compare to past? Do the women love Blood & Guts?!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Even in F 18-49, where they traditionally do poorly, AEW would be fourth for the night.

Dango Bango posted:

Someone who has paid more attention to numbers than I have - how does that F19-49 demo compare to past? Do the women love Blood & Guts?!

Up on last week and the week before, lower than the first post-NXT week

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 6, 2021

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Alan_Shore posted:

Hey, hate it or love it, he WILL say it. You gotta respect him for that!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

i do too and it's breaking my brain, that hector guy as well

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

The graph is colorcoded - they did a little above average in F 18-49 and were above average in every demo except 50+ 🙂

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every person who acknowledges "iwc" and their role inside it seems to end up being in need of a lot of therapy. that's not a put down. as the psychologist of the iwc i want what's best for us all

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vandar posted:

Hey, hate it or love it, he WILL say it. You gotta respect him for that!

He's not a good tweeter, he's not a bad tweeter, he's The Tweeter

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

look at that thicc M 18-49 number, "Blood" and "Guts" were the draw. we need a new name for Dynamite/the Darks ASAP. make way for AEW Gore and AEW Ichor and AEW Slaughter

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

, he's not a bad tweeter,

:actually:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The 50+ number staying up after NXT left really shows what a fuckup that move really was, the olds got used to watching wrestling on Wednesdays

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Morocco was the first country to recognize Jobber Nation as its own independent country

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

blunt posted:

The graph is colorcoded - they did a little above average in F 18-49 and were above average in every demo except 50+ 🙂

Yeah I know. I'm not asking how they did compared to other shows that night. I was asking how Dynamite did compared to past Dynamites when Dave was arguing women were turned off by the weapons and violence in the Rosa/Britt match.

Lamuella posted:

Up on last week and the week before, lower than the first post-NXT week

Thanks! Dave needs a bigger sample size than his ex and another female friend :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

One of his exes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

number loving 1 on cable bitches