Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

jazz crabbage :crabdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

we got a real one in the comments

https://twitter.com/JulianHepple/status/1389265156019048459

edit: maybe i should get a crab tattoo....

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Yeah join the club!

pretty sure it’s just me

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/Hogan698/status/1388918829229674498

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Human endeavor is irrelevant for in death we still become crab

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

sudonim posted:

Human endeavor is irrelevant for in death we still become crab

:black101: the crab always wins in the end

i like to think this crab murdered its oppressor and is wearing the skull as a trophy......... and a warning.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I found my new chitinsona

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:reject:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

:crabdrugs:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

low key sex master posted:

i like to think this crab murdered its oppressor and is wearing the skull as a trophy......... and a warning.
The proletariat crab will bring the the snip snip to society's cspitalist tip top

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Fugitive crabs are out there in your oceans, in your neighborhoods, in your homes. Cooking, cracking, and eating your good intentions and putting their knobby mitts all over your loved ones and pets.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I never heard of mitten crabs before, I don't think I'd have the heart to tell them they don't belong in an ecosystem :swoon:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What if they're driving out native crabs?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

If the native crabs can't pick up their style game enough to compete, maybe they should move out :colbert:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Captain Hygiene posted:

If the native crabs can't pick up their style game enough to compete, maybe they should move out :colbert:

Wow a pro-crab gentrification poster

Mods????

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Carcolonizer!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

sudonim posted:

The proletariat crab will bring the the snip snip to society's cspitalist tip top

the top 1% of snips are hoarding 90% of the snops!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Clawmunism when

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Captain Hygiene posted:

I never heard of mitten crabs before, I don't think I'd have the heart to tell them they don't belong in an ecosystem :swoon:

Mitten crabs are bad news for two reasons. The first is they are midsize crab that doesnt have any predators adapted to eat them at their full not so big size in the enviroments they prefer. They are a big burrowing species and can really gently caress up dams and other packed earth structures. Potential big problem in CA. They live most of their adult life in freshwater like eels returning after mating in saltwater.
The second reason is the worst. They host a parasitic liver fluke that can withstand boiling water and can be transferred to humans pretty easily. Good reason to never eat "crab butter(viscera)".
Use to do some volunteer field research assistance with these in the bay area, CA. They dont really outcompete our local dungeness crabs but if their liver fluke ever jumps species it will devastate the crabbing economy.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

the top 1% of snips are hoarding 90% of the snops!!

hosed up if true.

Crab Dad posted:

will devastate the crabbing economy.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Crab Dad posted:

They host a parasitic liver fluke that can withstand boiling water
I have donr some searching in this and I didn't find anything about the flukes being cookproof--the problem seemed go be that in China they are often eaten uncooked, marinated in alcohol which does not kill the flukes. Have I missed something?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

hmm i dont know i think im still on the mitten crab's side. i would like the crabbing industry to be destroyed so our crab friends can live in peace forever

edit: how about a crab bandit and hes called Pinchy Crabron???

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 7, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

hmm i dont know i think im still on the mitten crab's side. i would like the crabbing industry to be destroyed so our crab friends can live in peace forever

edit: how about a crab bandit and hes called Pinchy Crabron???
The mitten crab has an unfair advantage due to human interference. This simply recreates a equal snopping field

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Scarodactyl posted:

I have donr some searching in this and I didn't find anything about the flukes being cookproof--the problem seemed go be that in China they are often eaten uncooked, marinated in alcohol which does not kill the flukes. Have I missed something?

I’ll admit I’m 20 years out from when I took part in this research so I could be wrong/off on some details because I pulled it from memory. While typing this I did some research and found the CA report and it states undercooked but otherwise seems to match up info wise.

It’s a good fishery because you can’t keep females and one male can breed with multiple partners. Also the traps have very little byecatch and small of the year have excellent rates of survival when tossed back.

Sucks to be a large male crab though.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Nessus posted:

The mitten crab has an unfair advantage due to human interference. This simply recreates a equal snopping field

I support clawfirmative action.

the action is pinching :yeeclaw:

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I do some environmental restoration work, mostly pacific salmon habitat but we also get contracts to examine intertidal zones where people want to build docks, because we have sea grass that is protected. Anyway there is an invasive green crab species that has like, a buzzsaw for a shell and I guess it shuffles around slicing up the v important sea grass and fuckin it all up for everybody else!!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Turpitude posted:

I do some environmental restoration work, mostly pacific salmon habitat but we also get contracts to examine intertidal zones where people want to build docks, because we have sea grass that is protected. Anyway there is an invasive green crab species that has like, a buzzsaw for a shell and I guess it shuffles around slicing up the v important sea grass and fuckin it all up for everybody else!!

Ugh the green crab. Another burrowing species and it's really not big enough to eat and could out compete rival dungeness by just eating the babies.

LOCAL WATERS FOR LOCAL CRABS

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Turpitude posted:

haha lawn mower crab go brrrr

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 8, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Nessus posted:

if the mitten crabs had the ingenuity to stow away in boats they deserve their power

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Crab Dad posted:

Ugh the green crab. Another burrowing species and it's really not big enough to eat and could out compete rival dungeness by just eating the babies.

LOCAL WATERS FOR LOCAL CRABS

Dey took our clawbs!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Clerbaderba!

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Fred Flintstone's cousin Sid Seastone posted:

Crabba Dabba Doo!!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 8, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

which is the strongest crab in the world?

i think the villainous Pinchy Crabron would be whatever the strongest crab is

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

juggalo baby coffin posted:

which is the strongest crab in the world?

i think the villainous Pinchy Crabron would be whatever the strongest crab is

King Crab, crabbus reximus,
or coconut crab, snipsnop testostomaximus

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Who's the strongest crab in the world?

You, the crab reading this :crab:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Hang in there Craby.