Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

neonchameleon posted:

UAs absolutely were a buff that turned terrible units into good ones and therefore made the weak stuff playable.

Stop responding to half of what I said. Jesus. Did you not actually play the game for the last few years? Because it sounds like you're just regurgitating talking points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Honestly the big problem at the heart of all of it is that Privateer's hot combo of miserably egomaniacal leadership and poverty wages in the increasingly expensive Seattle metro area led to basically every bit of design and logistics talent they've ever had bailing on them over the period encompassing the end of Mk2/beginning of Mk3. Killing their relationship with game stores by getting addicted to the convention/internet pre-release dollar (guaranteeing that their core, hardcore audience bought direct instead of from the stores that should be stocking things with the hope of growing the game), their piss-poor output of hard plastic models, Mk3's rules being undercooked on release, their absurdly bad european allocation of Mk3 launch product, it all traces back to an inability to retain talented people because the bosses are too up their own asses and the money isn't good enough to put up with the bullshit.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
What kind of glue are people using for resin to metal? BSI's CA doesn't seem to be getting it done, but it's an older bottle.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

smug jeebus posted:

What kind of glue are people using for resin to metal? BSI's CA doesn't seem to be getting it done, but it's an older bottle.

I use Loctite Gel Control and mix a tiny bit of greenstuff in to help increase the contact area.

Sometimes I don't even need the greenstuff though, so it's not as if superglue just doesn't work.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

smug jeebus posted:

I find scoring both sides to be really helpful as well. And to echo gel CA, but I usually use gorilla gel.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I absolutely love Loc Tite gel control, it usually bonds quickly and strongly. Absolute recommend.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

edit: somehow double posted

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 7, 2021

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Thanks for the glue help, I just persisted with the CA and it worked eventually.

Aside from that, has anyone seen a clarification how vehicle heroes are added to the army? The rules say 15 slots for units + 3 slots for hero soloes, which vehicles are not. It's not clear to me if you can take more than 3 heroes or not, for now I'm limiting myself to three and assuming the the vehicle hero takes up a unit and hero slot for now.

Also, does anyone know where the card pdf went? I would have sworn there was one on the KS but I can't find it now. I have no idea what anything outside MW does.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Good to remember that CA glue eventually goes bad. So it's a fun game for me of whether I'll finish a bottle before it goes off, or before the lid gets permanently stuck on. (I've started buying smaller bottles)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Harkano posted:

Good to remember that CA glue eventually goes bad. So it's a fun game for me of whether I'll finish a bottle before it goes off, or before the lid gets permanently stuck on. (I've started buying smaller bottles)

I definitely learned the smaller bottle lesson some time back. The Zap-A-Gap bottles got an update sometime last year, where the cap is improved, only time will tell if they actually improve usefulness.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I spent way too much time painting Boomy3. Validate my poor life choices, goons

Also with him done, that means I've painted all the RQ models I own. :wth:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Fyrbrand posted:

:eyepop:
Looks extremely good and I love the Tartan and glow effect.

I have so many models to paint and zero motivation. :smith:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

gently caress this looks good. I wish I had any motivation to paint over the last year.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have the motivation, I just don't have the space for a workspace at the moment.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I have the motivation, I just don't have the space for a workspace at the moment.

My motivation to play miniature games, even the ones I love, has almost dried up. I hate it. Kinda sucks when part of your former play group just loses all your respect though.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

gently caress this looks good. I wish I had any motivation to paint over the last year.

I get that feel. My motivation has been very sporadic, one extreme or the other. I think I've played manz games like, 3 times in the past year or so? Hopefully that'll start to change now and my motivation will follow suit.

S.J. posted:

My motivation to play miniature games, even the ones I love, has almost dried up. I hate it. Kinda sucks when part of your former play group just loses all your respect though.

But also you can't drop something like this and not spill details!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

But also you can't drop something like this and not spill details!

Too many idiots breaking quarantine and getting gatherings of people together to try and play stuff. One guy spent a month or so in the hospital. A lot of people I used to see every week (not in WMH necessarily) have lost my respect over the last year though. A bunch of childish, selfish dipshits and I just can't loving stand it.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

Too many idiots breaking quarantine and getting gatherings of people together to try and play stuff. One guy spent a month or so in the hospital. A lot of people I used to see every week (not in WMH necessarily) have lost my respect over the last year though. A bunch of childish, selfish dipshits and I just can't loving stand it.

Gotcha. Yeah, you really learn a lot about people during this poo poo. Our local manz groups and stores have all been extremely good and cautious I'm happy to say. Maybe some individuals doing pickup games, I wouldn't know, but definitely no game nights or group stuff. I think it helps there's that Wartable or whatever it's called for people to play online. I tried stuff like that and TTS, but it's not for me. I just want to play more RQ dammit. Game is good as hell.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Gotcha. Yeah, you really learn a lot about people during this poo poo. Our local manz groups and stores have all been extremely good and cautious I'm happy to say. Maybe some individuals doing pickup games, I wouldn't know, but definitely no game nights or group stuff. I think it helps there's that Wartable or whatever it's called for people to play online. I tried stuff like that and TTS, but it's not for me. I just want to play more RQ dammit. Game is good as hell.

Yeah I got an RQ demo from Oz the last year he was at WFW and it was great. Almost felt like playing smash bros with all items on in tabletop form. And yeah I get having some game nights with the same people in your bubble or w/e but jfc. If I hear one more old white dude complain about what does or doesn't count as a pandemic I'm gonna end up in jail for murder.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So I know it's been a while since this product existed but I was wondering if anyone could fill in the gaps in my memory. I think it was an Iron Kingdoms based, rpg style board game that came with default characters with stat cards and whatnot describing their character growth, and the box they came in was some kind of adventure against a tribe of swamp trogs? I remember one of the player characters was a gatorman sharpshooter. A friend of mine had asked if I knew of any cooperative rpg lite games to play with his folks and I *almost* remembered something like that. What was it called?

Tangentially, I can understand the loss of interest in hamming right now. I'm in Louisiana, where you're lucky if your doctor even believed in masking at all. Too many folks acting as if covid didn't exist while people were dying all over the state. I almost don't even want to play any music gigs anymore either. I'm privileged in that I have another job for income but my professional musician friends have been so hard up making ends meet now that they have to just accept that they'll be exposed to covid every time they try to get a paycheck, now that we're All Open.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So I know it's been a while since this product existed but I was wondering if anyone could fill in the gaps in my memory. I think it was an Iron Kingdoms based, rpg style board game that came with default characters with stat cards and whatnot describing their character growth, and the box they came in was some kind of adventure against a tribe of swamp trogs? I remember one of the player characters was a gatorman sharpshooter. A friend of mine had asked if I knew of any cooperative rpg lite games to play with his folks and I *almost* remembered something like that. What was it called?

Widower's Wood which was a spinoff of Undercity.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

rantmo posted:

Widower's Wood which was a spinoff of Undercity.

Nice, thanks. Well, it doesn't have the sharpshooter guy I remember but that looks pretty close. It must be out of print because that price tag hurts.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Ah ha it was Iron Kingdoms Unleashed that had Longchops the gatorman with a rifle.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
You’re thinking of the IKRPG Unleashed starter box I’m pretty sure:

Privateer Press Iron Kingdom RPG: Unleashed Adventure Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/1939480574/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_C5N54E0AF316GXCRSAG4

Edit beaten lol

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fyrbrand posted:

You’re thinking of the IKRPG Unleashed starter box I’m pretty sure:

Privateer Press Iron Kingdom RPG: Unleashed Adventure Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/1939480574/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_C5N54E0AF316GXCRSAG4

Edit beaten lol

Awesome. Thanks gents.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Cross-posting from the mini thread now that I have something worth sharing:

Made a gribbly dragon monster. Also for some reason I'm craving sour gummi worms?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I ordered the new Maddox sculpt from PP because while I like the character her model was loving garbage, I hated putting it together and I hated the pose once I did. The new one is a better pose and possibly my favorite assembly of anything ever. Look at this goodness (if you can, it's a poo poo picture):

That's it, two pieces and it looks like there's barely any gap between the parts once they're seated together properly.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Cross-posting from the mini thread now that I have something worth sharing:

Made a gribbly dragon monster. Also for some reason I'm craving sour gummi worms?

Good stuff.

rantmo posted:

I ordered the new Maddox sculpt from PP because while I like the character her model was loving garbage, I hated putting it together and I hated the pose once I did. The new one is a better pose and possibly my favorite assembly of anything ever. Look at this goodness (if you can, it's a poo poo picture):

That's it, two pieces and it looks like there's barely any gap between the parts once they're seated together properly.

Good to know. My local store didn't order any of the new alt sculpts. Good to know they might be worth the direct order.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Unfortunately they'll never top the Trollblood BB caster pose. It's too good.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

Unfortunately they'll never top the Trollblood BB caster pose. It's too good.

This is 100% true. It's the only alt sculpt that's worse than the original.

edit give him runeshaper rocks for maximum ownage

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 21, 2021

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

This is 100% true. It's the only alt sculpt that's worse than the original.

edit give him runeshaper rocks for maximum ownage

poo poo I have some runeshapers sitting around. Imma do that too. When I get my motivation back :(

On the plus side, his buffs were actually legit as hell, so I'm going to play him.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

rantmo posted:

I might need to get this because I also hate the soft-detail lovely Maddox sculpt.

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
So last year, I was planning on using the pandemic as an opportunity to get back into miniatures (it had been close to a decade since I'd done anything), so I got out an old Khador Battlegroup box (same one pictured in the OP) and started assembling them. I hit a snag when one of the warjacks came with two left arms, though PP replaced it quickly. Anyway, for a few reasons I put it aside for a number of months, and now I'm getting back into it.

However, I do not seem to have bases for either of the warjacks in the set. The warcaster has a base, but that's it. It's possible they got misplaced over the past year, but regardless, I need some replacements. Anyone know which size bases those two warjacks use?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Capn Jobe posted:

So last year, I was planning on using the pandemic as an opportunity to get back into miniatures (it had been close to a decade since I'd done anything), so I got out an old Khador Battlegroup box (same one pictured in the OP) and started assembling them. I hit a snag when one of the warjacks came with two left arms, though PP replaced it quickly. Anyway, for a few reasons I put it aside for a number of months, and now I'm getting back into it.

However, I do not seem to have bases for either of the warjacks in the set. The warcaster has a base, but that's it. It's possible they got misplaced over the past year, but regardless, I need some replacements. Anyone know which size bases those two warjacks use?

Khador only has heavy warjacks, and heavy warjacks are always on 50mm bases

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/wnhungerford/status/1401894738614128645

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Holy poo poo that's a shock. Not an encouraging sign for PP.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

rantmo posted:

Holy poo poo that's a shock. Not an encouraging sign for PP.

A shock, really? They've been bleeding talent for a long time now.

I still kinda like the game, but even I have to admit it's not surprising when experienced designers leave PP for greener pastures.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Yeah, I guess it's less a shock that Hungerford left and more that it's just Oz left now, right? Or has he left too?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Oz left a couple months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
It feels like it’s just Matt Wilson, accounting, and a shipping intern left.