Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I wonder if canonically Bill gets with more women through the course of the show than Boomhauer. Boomhauer probably has more but Bill has at least four (two Dixie chicks, Luanne’s mom, Kahn’s mom).

Also appreciated Mrs. Wakefield couldn’t die on Hank’s property but Big Jim couldn’t last five minutes.

Also odd recurring thing, the Arlen legal system moves at the speed of light. When Dale presses charges against Hank for chopping off his finger the sentencing seems to be later that day (as Hank had made no progress in fixing his floor.) Hank and Dale spent no time in jail after buying crack and were promptly in front of a judge. Dale’s lawsuit against Manitoba cigarettes should have taken months to reach trial.

Arlen uses the Phoenix Wright system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cotton... jealous?

B-but that’s a human emotion!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

snergle posted:

the thing is he is actually a really good exterminator probably because he studies insects in his basement when not drinking alien piss. on your next re watch watch the episodes where they show him doing something with insects. the one where he seeds hanks lawn with fire ants because he is mad at hank , the time bobby and joseph become the queen ants pawn bobby gets covered in ants and dale takes his hand so they will sting him. if you think about it he probably crushed a bunch of ants on bobbies hand so the fire ants are swarming the spot with the death pheromones which leads them to dale he would know that. even the weird one where his wife thinks he might cheat on her with the pigeon lady he spouts a ton of knowledge about roaches. the one where he cant exterminate anymore and gets an office job firing people is like the only time he acts out of character about insects and josephs hissing roaches get loose in the building due to him.

The basket episode in the later seasons really comes out of left field for me. I love that Hanks a natural at it and I love the depressed Vietnam vet basket-weaver, but Dales obsession with baskets is as quickly abandoned as it was conceived. Weird.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I wonder if canonically Bill gets with more women through the course of the show than Boomhauer. Boomhauer probably has more but Bill has at least four (two Dixie chicks, Luanne’s mom, Kahn’s mom).

Also the two women in New Orleans (his cousins? :stare:)

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure Nancy told you about the time I cured four of her migranes in one night

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Hank I promise you I didn't heal Peggy the way I heal other women.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Armitag3 posted:

Alabaster Jones really messes with your expectation.

I don't think I realized he was Snoop Dogg until someone pointed it out, despite the fact that he sounds exactly like Snoop Dogg. To be fair, every TV pimp in the 00s sounded exactly like Snoop Dogg.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Dale caught Chuck Mangione hiding in the Arlen Mega-Lo-Mart, lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MightyJoe36 posted:

Also the two women in New Orleans (his cousins? :stare:)

1 was a cousin. Gilbert named the one he was related to and he slept with the other 2.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

1 was a cousin. Gilbert named the one he was related to and he slept with the other 2.

"Nice weekend, Bill?"
"BOTH OF EM!"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

dolphinbomb posted:

"Nice weekend, Bill?"
"BOTH OF EM!"

This is lowkey the dirtiest line in the series after "Mr Strickland got under more balls than a midget hooker"

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

*sheepishly* "....Playin."

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

FBS posted:

*sheepishly* "....Playin."

...I think it would be best if you took your leave

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Bless the Harts (which was sadly recently cancelled) also has Mega-Lo Mart. Not surprising since the creator wrote for King of the Hill

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

yeah but do they have 12-packs of fuel filters?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

or Mega-Low prices?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

or Chuck Mangione?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Bless the Harts (which was sadly recently cancelled) also has Mega-Lo Mart. Not surprising since the creator wrote for King of the Hill

It wasn't a great show or even particularly good but it's bullshit it gets the boot while the worst show on the animation block keeps shambling onward

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The nine rivers country club episode might be my favorite.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pinch me, Mr. Ho.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is that the one with the 'Consider the properties of a banana' line because that might be my favorite line read ever.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Absolute top tier. Hank got steak while everyone else got eggplant.

I know it would have been selling out his values, but I wish Hank had gotten to play that round with Tiger Woods and negotiated a ten year deal of paying pennies for a Nine River membership. And just have it be an ongoing thing that sometimes the gang is lounging around the country club.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Speaking of Boggle, the Wordle series of games are on sale on Steam right now and they're kinda cool Boggle-like puzzles. Hooo-yeah!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Thatherton!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hank called him a motherfucker lol

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Another Bill posted:

No, the M.F. stands for My Friend

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Another Bill posted:

he was right

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
i peed in a locker

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like when Bobby has a mouth full of food and he still growls..

Thatheron...

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Don't look now, Hank, but you just fixed our vibe.

Ting!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Bugs and Giggles would be a fantastic forums name.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

I like when Bobby has a mouth full of food and he still growls..

Thatheron...

BELTON! SAN MARCOS! MCMAYNERBERRY!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My people do not wish death to the people of Denton, but a crushing defeat would be just swell.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ladybird saves Bobby’s life in the episode where people think Ladybird and Hank are racist.

That episode doesn’t make sense though. The gas leak happened (according to the deacon) because Hank did not use the right seals. Mr. Hill would never make that mistake, especially with abort specifically designed for safety.

I tell you what.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

found an old KotH promo in a compilation of 90s commercials

how would you describe the Hills?

sports crazy, music loving, and big haired, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLfYGg2Chv8&t=456s

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

There were a lot of music episodes in the early seasons now that I think about it.

Hank goes to the guitar store so much the guy there knows him and his guitar
Hank obsessing over Willie Nelson
The Randy Travis incident
Peggys turtle song

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The bluegrass episode was season 6 what the gently caress

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

In Heaven...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave