Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

very nice

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

The Sahtu lands.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

Nice. This feels like movie set lighting.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

i really like the lighting in this

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Health Services posted:

The Sahtu lands.

I like this

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Seconding that, very moody.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Stroud, 2021

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Ric posted:

Stroud, 2021

Yes! So lovely.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I would take a shot of that, and make a large print of it for my living room wall like a photo version of a rothco.

That's super cool.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Very yes, loving this

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
thanku heres another

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

those are all cool

Lankster NZ
Jul 21, 2007

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DSCF2454 by King Dugga, on Flickr

DSCF2462 by King Dugga, on Flickr

DSCF2474 (2) by King Dugga, on Flickr

DSCF2440 (2) by King Dugga, on Flickr

There's something I like about this shed, I'm not sure exactly what though.

DSCF2425 by King Dugga, on Flickr

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Wish I had a do-over to frame a bit better.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 22, 2021

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Been shooting some country churches over the last 6 months or so, here are some of my favorites...

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Finally got an old roll scanned...not much to show for it, though.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Decided to try cropping for a panorama

P5230969 by Cody P, on Flickr

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

Decided to try cropping for a panorama

P5230969 by Cody P, on Flickr

That looks like Mars!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

eggsovereasy posted:

Been shooting some country churches over the last 6 months or so, here are some of my favorites...

Those are some dope churches

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

eggsovereasy posted:

good poo poo

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Finger Prince posted:

That looks like Mars!

It's Nevada, so not too far off tbh

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

It's Nevada, so not too far off tbh

I love living in Colorado but a recent trip back to see mom reminded me how much I love Nevada, nice photos.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ropes4u posted:

I love living in Colorado but a recent trip back to see mom reminded me how much I love Nevada, nice photos.

Youtube snuck an suv camper that tours seldom visited spots around the southwest into my recommendations and I've been devouring them because I can't get enough of that region. I could happily burn the rest of my dumb life exploring all that poo poo.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

xzzy posted:

Youtube snuck an suv camper that tours seldom visited spots around the southwest into my recommendations and I've been devouring them because I can't get enough of that region. I could happily burn the rest of my dumb life exploring all that poo poo.

What youtuber?

Visit Great Basin and leman(?) caves while you are in the state.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ropes4u posted:

What youtuber?

Visit Great Basin and leman(?) caves while you are in the state.

"SUV RVing". He's not super energetic, just a dude documenting his tours but the spots he goes to are crack for me.

Speaking of YouTube I just watched this last night :v:

https://youtu.be/8-rOrBWmetY

What a gorgeous spot and you nailed it.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

xzzy posted:

"SUV RVing". He's not super energetic, just a dude documenting his tours but the spots he goes to are crack for me.

Weird, to see that! I see he also has other local locations as well.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

xzzy posted:

Thank you I will give them both a shot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dread Head posted:

Weird, to see that! I see he also has other local locations as well.

Have you done anything in the threatened old growth areas around port Renfrew? I've wanted to visit them for a while, but then 2020 happened and it's increasingly looking like they're going to be chopped down this summer.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

xzzy posted:

Have you done anything in the threatened old growth areas around port Renfrew? I've wanted to visit them for a while, but then 2020 happened and it's increasingly looking like they're going to be chopped down this summer.

I have spent a bunch some time around that area but not that specific spot. It is pretty sad, the trees are not something you can really comprehend until you see them in person. I used to live closer to that area so don't spend as much time out there now. There are still pockets of these huge trees but it seems insane they are still logging them.

From a number of years ago, this is now a park now similar conflicts in the 90's.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't get it either. I appreciate that the logging industry needs to exist, but their unwillingness to leave even 1% of virgin forest standing saps any sympathy I have for them. Cretins need to look up sustainability, it benefits everyone including their greedy asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
The logging companies only mandate is to make as much profit as they can without breaking the rules. Every cut they do requires impact assessments and management plans that must be approved by the provincial government. (Other provinces and countries may be different).

I agree that what they are doing is wrong and and in general think that capital rationalism is one of our societies most pernicious evils. It is, however, the system that we live under and the loggers do this stuff because the government allows them to. In my opinion it is a failure by our elected officials and the ministry of forests (, lands, and natural resources) to represent the best interests of the people to whom they have a mandate.