Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hey, you like what you like and that's cool. I enjoy Caster, but I'm also the person who thinks that Shawn Spears is one good angle away from being a major player, so my opinions aren't exactly load-bearing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sorry this is the internet so the rule is that I'm objectively right about everything

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shawn Spears is a nerd, sorry it's not my fault

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Shawn Spears is, and has always been good. Except for that time he had picture of Tully on his dick

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I consider it to be specifically your fault. Why did you make Shawn Spears a nerd, Rarity?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i've always tried to give everyone a clean slate when they get to aew so spears has been fine for me. definitely one of the more "Boring" workers but never thought he was poo poo. he kicked rear end wednesday

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Speaking of Spears I couldn’t tell when I was watching the match but was his chair rigged with like a baking sheet type thing replacing the seat? He laid that thing in and it made that classic awesome thin metal ‘crack’ but nobody ended up with their heads split open.

If that’s what they did that paintjob did a really good job of hiding it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So presupposing that Britt gets the title at Double Or Nothing, who do people want to see as her early challengers?

I think we can save Thunder Rosa for later (All Out would be great) but I'd love to see Britt/Ryo, Britt/Leyla, and Britt/Tay happen. You could easily do Britt/Velvet too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

I consider it to be specifically your fault. Why did you make Shawn Spears a nerd, Rarity?

Because the only way to make him good is to hire the IIconics and make him the Kaval to their Lay-Cool. You heard me Tony :colbert:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

yea ok posted:

i've always tried to give everyone a clean slate when they get to aew so spears has been fine for me. definitely one of the more "Boring" workers but never thought he was poo poo. he kicked rear end wednesday

Yeah, his early match stuff with Dax and Sammy was awesome.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

So presupposing that Britt gets the title at Double Or Nothing, who do people want to see as her early challengers?

I think we can save Thunder Rosa for later (All Out would be great) but I'd love to see Britt/Ryo, Britt/Leyla, and Britt/Tay happen. You could easily do Britt/Velvet too.

Britt/Abadon

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Speaking of Spears I couldn’t tell when I was watching the match but was his chair rigged with like a baking sheet type thing replacing the seat? He laid that thing in and it made that classic awesome thin metal ‘crack’ but nobody ended up with their heads split open.

If that’s what they did that paintjob did a really good job of hiding it.

The seat was padded and they only struck with that surface, dunno if that's all there was but it looked awesome. They've been experimenting with chairs that have been gimmicked for headshots ever since he originally showed up, conked Cody, and split his head like a melon because he hit him with the wrong part of the chair lmao

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Shawn Spears was Always Good, much like Platinum 'Max' Caster

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i swear Shawn Spears' mohawk was twice as wide at Blood n Guts than it has been previously

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Crapple! posted:

Shawn Spears is, and has always been good. Except for that time he had picture of Tully on his dick

yeah that wasn't good. it was GREAT.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Britt/Abadon

oh gently caress, Britt refusing to do the lockjaw because even with gloves she doesn't want her hand anywhere near Abadon's mouth.

Or Britt doing the lockjaw and Abadon biting down.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

oh gently caress, Britt refusing to do the lockjaw because even with gloves she doesn't want her hand anywhere near Abadon's mouth.

Or Britt doing the lockjaw and Abadon biting down.

Rarity posted:

the rule is that I'm objectively right about everything

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

i swear Shawn Spears' mohawk was twice as wide at Blood n Guts than it has been previously

it was gimmicked according to Tony on Barstool Byline today

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

it's a stunt mohawk!

*mohawk winks to camera*

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I stopped paying attention to his mohawk early on in his AEW run because I noticed it was slightly off centre in a pretape once, and to continue monitoring it would drive me insane.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm a mohawk truther and proud of it. Wake up sheeple!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
What will Dark be like this week? With two rings I hope that’s twice as many matches.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

What will Dark be like this week? With two rings I hope that’s twice as many matches.

Hopefully Fenix recreating the Rey double ring spot.

EDIT: not working for some reason. This one: https://imgur.com/QgvQHNM

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lol im sorry to post about posting but i woke up to 168 posts and thought like d bry signed over night or something and got 4 pages of max castor, i love this thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

boxcarhobo posted:

i woke up to 168 posts and thought like d bry signed over night or something and got 4 pages of max castor

Platinum Max, the best heel in the biz

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

boxcarhobo posted:

lol im sorry to post about posting but i woke up to 168 posts and thought like d bry signed over night or something and got 4 pages of max castor, i love this thread

Same but I did really appreciate the rap about storming the capitol.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Mons Hubris posted:

Same but I did really appreciate the rap about storming the capitol.

yea, shoutout to emf

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dave went ****1/2 for Blood and Guts.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Rarity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4hn9T2BR3w

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm surprised the thread's going so hard on the Acclaimed and not the fact that Santana and Ortiz ripped off Tama Tonga with their look during Blood and Guts!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

CobiWann posted:

I'm surprised the thread's going so hard on the Acclaimed and not the fact that Santana and Ortiz ripped off Tama Tonga with their look during Blood and Guts!

Santana and Ortiz are, incidentally, most definitely realer than guerrilla

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Probably fair. Very very good match with a kind of whiffed ending.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

a cyborg mug posted:

Santana and Ortiz are, incidentally, most definitely realer than guerrilla

:mods:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PnP vs GoD when though

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Seems fair.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

See, there ain't nobody realler than Guerilla.

Which means there is somebody realler. Namely PnP.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

See, there ain't nobody realler than Guerilla.

This is what we in the language biz call an idiom. The intention of the meaning is clear and the meaning is there is not one person realer than Guerrilla

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Watching the Max / Spears video again just makes me want Caster to do music videos about his opponents instead of battle raps. That was so charming and funny and well produced. Maybe they're holding off on it for an Acclaimed singles run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

This is what we in the language biz call an idiom. The intention of the meaning is clear and the meaning is there is not one person realer than Guerrilla

Agreed, there are two.