Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Have we said ‘two doinks, one ring’ yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

We have now!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WWE Presents: Oops! All Doinks! live on Pay Per View this SUNDAY!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

bradzilla posted:

Oh boy have I got news for you....

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Lmao

Someone make this cereal box

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Eclipse12 posted:

Lmao

Someone make this cereal box

It really shocks me that Vince never got into the cereal business. Like, Hogan's CerealMainia or Ultimate Warrior-Os with little pink Hart shaped marshmallows.

"Send in 12 boxtops plus $14.95 shipping and handling to get your own Jimmy Hart megaphone!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I got two Doinks and I ain't ashamed, I got two Doinks and they wrestle all the same

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

But yes, I know what you mean. If Nintendo can have a cereal, why couldn't Hogan or Macho?

Also, I want dat Hart megaphone...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Henry O. Godwinn's Sloppies

just add milk

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eclipse12 posted:

I was thinking about this, and I think I know why Doink #1 crawled under the ring and then right back out again, then did it again to finally be replaced by Doink 2.

He was on the wrong side. Now I'm laughing about these two guys dressed as clowns looking at each other from opposite sides of under the ring.

"Hey! Dummy! What the hell are you doing? I'm over here! I'm not crawling my rear end all the way over there! You come over here!"

"But I'm already under here!"

"Well so am I, and I'm not crawling over there, so your rear end is just gonna have to get thrown out again on MY side."

"Jerk... I'm the REAL Doink... I think..."

Somebody put the Mauler Twins from Invincible in clown makeup.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Bonzo posted:

It really shocks me that Vince never got into the cereal business. Like, Hogan's CerealMainia or Ultimate Warrior-Os with little pink Hart shaped marshmallows.

"Send in 12 boxtops plus $14.95 shipping and handling to get your own Jimmy Hart megaphone!"

God damnit you rear end in a top hat, Ultimate WarriO's was right there.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Chief McHeath posted:

Now with extra DesTruCity!!!

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Jake "The Flake" Roberts

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

Oh boy have I got news for you....

Hey, speaking of the boys!

My tolerance for lovely 80s/90s gimmicks and storylines is basically bottomless, but once it gets to the attitude era I nope out.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Doink: Maximum Cloneage

e: Maximum Clownage

e2: The Clown Saga

manero
Jan 30, 2006

mods please change my name to Black Doink

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Izzat Bushwacker Doink?

We've come full circle.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

drat. I feel like I'm on the other side of a Rock promo

Eclipse12 posted:

Jake "The Flake" Roberts

lol did you mean that as a double entendre? Jake did quite a bit of flake back in the day.

Eclipse12 posted:

Izzat Bushwacker Doink?

We've come full circle.

In the spirit of Being John Malkovich, they should have "Doinkamania". All the audience is in Doink masks, JR King, Taz, all the announcers in full Doink makeup and wardrobe.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 7, 2021

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I didn't make the drug connection, no. I was just like, "lol snake rhymes with cornflake"

Also, I'm excited by Bushwacker Doink. Their arm swing is perfect for pie throwing!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Jake the Snake, at his worst, was so drunk and out of his mind on drugs that he was no-showing indie shows, and if he did show, he would be falling all over himself in no condition to perform.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I never liked diamond dallas page the wrestler, but that dude is cool as poo poo for helping him out like he did.

Scott Hall too!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

When do the Dinks show up?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
this always blows my mind, i guess ddp yoga is the real deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_4f0AJd3o

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

I follow DDP Yoga and love it. Arthur, the dude in that viral video, teaches a few of the classes on the app now.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 7, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
64 years old and doing a dive off the top rope to the outside jfc

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My tolerance for lovely 80s/90s gimmicks and storylines is basically bottomless, but once it gets to the attitude era I nope out.

This is the correct position to take, and I think everyone itt will agree with it.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

Jake the Snake, at his worst, was so drunk and out of his mind on drugs that he was no-showing indie shows, and if he did show, he would be falling all over himself in no condition to perform.

In Mick Foley's first book he talks about how even though Jake professed to being a born-again Christian, if you spent extended time with him it would eventually slip out that Jake was basically faking it

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Eclipse12 posted:

In Mick Foley's first book he talks about how even though Jake professed to being a born-again Christian, if you spent extended time with him it would eventually slip out that Jake was basically faking it

yeah we all know where austin 3:16 came from

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eclipse12 posted:

Seems unnecessarily lovely to out him like that, grifting religious types is extremely blessed.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

DDP is a good egg. His program is just regular yoga but with all the spiritual stuff taken out. Which to me is like food with no spice, but I get why it works for some people.

Eclipse12 posted:

As someone who grew up in the South, this is pretty much EVERY born-again Christian.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bonzo posted:

As someone who grew up in the South, this is pretty much EVERY born-again Christian.

There’s nothing in the Bible that says I can’t drive home drunk from my kid’s peewee football game or leave a loaded gun on the coffee table. :colbert:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Kunabomber posted:

this always blows my mind, i guess ddp yoga is the real deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9_4f0AJd3o

one of my favorite tropes in wrestling is when a Wrestling Legend comes back in a t-shirt and has the strongest punches in the world, the heels all looking terrified, approaching one at a time to receive a big overhand blow that sends them careening to the mat (I'm not being snarky, I love it, respect the legend or go gently caress yourself)

this isn't that, but I was kinda watching it thinking it had that energy, like the young dudes were approaching the old dudes with no intention other than to bump like crazy for them

and then Dustin hit a destroyer and I was like well I guess I need to shut the gently caress up

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Eclipse12 posted:

Izzat Bushwacker Doink?

We've come full circle.

I'd discuss this in more detail, but you're only a few months away from this PPV. Survivor Series 1993 is a really bizarre show in general.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When I was a kid I used to have nightmares of wrestlers taking over the world.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Zeluth posted:

When I was a kid I used to have nightmares of wrestlers taking over the world.

All hail Sid Justice!

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Zeluth posted:

When I was a kid I used to have nightmares wet dreams of wrestlers taking over the world. :gizz::gizz::gizz:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
it happened

donald trump was president

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Kunabomber posted:

it happened

donald trump was president

wwe hall of famer donald trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA0aJxvyrZg

mayor of like 500,000 people in tennessee

some of whom wear shoes