Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i kind of want max to lean more towards feeling like he's freestyling instead of dropping the burns he prewrote overnight b/c his adlibs have come across well

but that's basically me saying he should do what he's doing already but worse, and also if i think about freestyling too much these days i end up having eminem's line about grabbing a boob/his penis' attitude in my head for hours

edit: enjoy the curse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWnqzQFGH5A

i legit thought it was someone parodying him for over a week

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alaois posted:

im just laughing at the idea of people hating max caster, not because he insulted their favorite wrestler and then beat them up and did his weird hand thing to him, but because his pre-match raps aren't Lyrical Miracle verses with a complex internal rhyme structure

He said cuck and aew was never the same

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i like the acclaimed more than ever

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I thought he called them the Young Cooks and now I think about it I want to see someone with a chef gimmick

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I don't want to bring up the previous argument but I just actually read the posts and want to say Eat My Fuc had one of the funniest posts on here in weeks.

Edit: I keep hearing it over and over in Max's voice.
put it in the op coward mass

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Tarnop posted:

I thought he called them the Young Cooks and now I think about it I want to see someone with a chef gimmick

THE BUTCHER
THE BLADE
THE BUNNY
THE SHORT ORDER COOK

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

do we have the quarter hours yet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

New heel gimmick idea: a math rock guy

Ethan Page is listening...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jesus WEP posted:

quote:

Q1: Kenny Omega & Michael Nakazawa vs. Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston, plus the Young Bucks & Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson post-match attack did 1,093,000 viewers and 551,000 in 18-49.

Q2: Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall did 1,014,000 viewers and 524,000 in 18-49.

Q3: Rhodes vs. Marshall, the post-match, a vignette with Ethan Page, Scorpio Sky and Darby Allin and Britt Baker vs. Julia Hart did 1,081,000 viewers and 547,000 in 18-49. This was the high point with women 35-49.

Q4, Taz’s interview on Christian and the SCU vs. Jurassic Express vs. Acclaimed vs. Brian Pillman Jr. & Griff Garrison tag title match for a title shot did 983,000 viewers and 487,000 in 18-49.

Q5 Kenny Omega and Orange Cassidy segment, the Miro interview and the Moxley vs. Yuji Nagata package did 1,031,000 viewers and 517,000 in 18-49.

Q6 Blood and Guts did 1,144,000 viewers and 567,000 in 18-49. This was the high point with women 18-34.

Q7: Blood and Guts did 1,156,000 viewers and 572,000 in 18-49.

Q8: Blood and Guts did 1,210,000 viewers and 614,000 in 18-49. This was the high point with males 18-34 and males 35-49, total viewers and overall 18-49.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
MVP of this week is EMF, and his invisible hand? cavauro for cutting off 3 pages of the joke being rehashed with a perfectly timed jab to the bridge of the nose as goons were rushing to load rhymezone.com

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah, Q4 is the only one that dipped below a million

https://twitter.com/whyischester/status/1390626715131682820?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

thank you friends, those are nice numbers

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

maintaining a million like that is really good over a two hour show. I think hardcore fans take for granted how much of a commitment two hours is on a workday evening

Another thing I realized once I got my latest job and got back on a working schedule is how nice it is to have something to look forward to mid-week, really helps to get through the grind when that halfway point is going to have something nice waiting for you. I hope they can keep Wednesday for a while.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the M-Tu-W content loop of BTE-Sammy Vlog-Dynamite really helps get through the start of the work week yeah.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The Acclaimed's quarter was the lowest one

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Holy gently caress, Miro!!

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1390729483104129027?s=20

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

maintaining a million like that is really good over a two hour show. I think hardcore fans take for granted how much of a commitment two hours is on a workday evening

Another thing I realized once I got my latest job and got back on a working schedule is how nice it is to have something to look forward to mid-week, really helps to get through the grind when that halfway point is going to have something nice waiting for you. I hope they can keep Wednesday for a while.

lol just watch dark. It's not that hard.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm trying to prepare for dissapointment in case they decide that Miro is not enough to stop Darby's TNT tittle run.

Miro the belt collector, first TNT tittle, then AEW world tittle, then IWGP, Impact, TNA... after he gets every belt, he'll forgive the entire humanity.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

:imunfunny: no

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Are you wearing a backpack and a fitted hat right now

no but you just reminded me of the like, 8 months when that was Angelo Dawkins' gimmick in NXT and he was Sasha Banks' hypeman

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

mooseinfants posted:

The Acclaimed's quarter was the lowest one

That match was the least interesting/exciting thing on a card that also had an Ethan Page promo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

here's my new gimmick: literally Travie McCoy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

On paper I should enjoy watching Dark and Elevation but I really don't make time for it in my life. But I'm happy they exist. Gets wrestlers more practice - gives AEW more exposure. Also if I ever start working in an office again I'll probably watch it then.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

New heel gimmick idea: a math rock guy

Ok but this idea has legs

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Eat My Fuc posted:

Is Curtis Axel still in WWE?

no hes back to playing qb for the steelers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dynamite/Dark/Elevation is 6 hours a week and we razz on WWE for producing that much content

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
dark is the best

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Dynamite/Dark/Elevation is 6 hours a week and we razz on WWE for producing that much content

Does WWE have the Hollywood Honks on its content?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CobiWann posted:

No, WWE doesn't have the Honks so AEW wins.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

If Raw had Taz and Excalibur on commentary dunking on everyone I'd probably at least listen to it.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

yea but it doesn't feel like a chore to watch. and two of those three are not "essential" viewing for the product

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

If Raw had Taz and Excalibur on commentary dunking on everyone I'd probably at least listen to it.

AEW Dark is my favourite podcast right now :haw:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

CobiWann posted:

miz and morrison are RIGHT ther-

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
You know you've made it as a wrestler when you get the rapper reference.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

https://i.imgur.com/FAEaiql.mp4
(turn on sound)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If Dark and Elevation went back to being an hour or less I'd watch. Too long for me!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

dark is the best

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This was hilarious and I hope the kid sold it that way on purpose because holy poo poo that's a weird bump.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
timestamped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq8rcO1Suqg&t=112s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Eat My Fuc posted:

LOL.

Is Curtis Axel still in WWE? I don't know about now but the dude had some really solid ringwork when he was actually on TV. How do you gently caress up Mr. Perfect's song good god, he's one of those guys I could see actually being something in AEW since they lean into people's legacy and not hide from it.

He literally hasn't wrestled anywhere since WWE released him last year. I think he's done.