Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

I believe they described the episode as having real "always sunny" energy so i can't wait

honestly all of Trinivale has strong Always Sunny energy in the best possible way

i feel like if people go into it with that expectation, that the characters are dirtbag narcissists that care more about themselves than anything else no matter what, trinivale delivers completely

nyack instantly seizing on his new position as 'co-queen' absolutely killed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2005
Nyack might be the funniest ttrpg character I've ever heard. Just so earnest and insecure. And Jake's delivery is perfect.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Quote posted:

Nyack might be the funniest ttrpg character I've ever heard. Just so earnest and insecure. And Jake's delivery is perfect.

You honor him.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Thank you brother

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was very very very silly. A lovely time.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I finally listened to the last couple of DND court episodes and the platter mutiny and the update to it were ducking hilarious

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
DND Court is such a good gimmick, a good way to roundabout ask for game stories from fans while kindasorta making a filter so only interesting ones get through

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I love the saga of taruk. and taruk: the first flight

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The trinyvale revisit was great; I adore the recurring joke of them only using teleportation spells to go to the airport

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Why did they go on Hiatus again? I've been trying to build a backlog cause week to week is killing me

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
LET GRANDMA JUST BLAST 'EM

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Why did they go on Hiatus again? I've been trying to build a backlog cause week to week is killing me

Caldwell has a newborn.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I believe the current rule is that they do 3 Eldermourne episodes per month and something else (which appears to be pretty much always D&D Court right now) the 4th week. In addition to:

Sankara posted:

Caldwell has a newborn.

it sounded like this was so that Murph could get a bit ahead in his prepwork for the campaign as it intensifies (especially since now the players are demanding an interlude where they get to play badguys and presumably we're gonna get more Hexbloods stuff with Lou at some point etc.)

And since there were 5 Fridays this month they also did the Trinyvale one-shot.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

docbeard posted:

I believe the current rule is that they do 3 Eldermourne episodes per month and something else (which appears to be pretty much always D&D Court right now) the 4th week. In addition to:

it sounded like this was so that Murph could get a bit ahead in his prepwork for the campaign as it intensifies (especially since now the players are demanding an interlude where they get to play badguys and presumably we're gonna get more Hexbloods stuff with Lou at some point etc.)

And since there were 5 Fridays this month they also did the Trinyvale one-shot.

I'm really enjoying the D&D courts they're doing.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
My latest NADDPOD schedule has consisted of listening to main episodes on Friday as they come out, then waiting 6 days and listening to the Short Rest for that episode while I take out the trash each Thursday. It's a good balance of not having to wonder for 6 days what happens next storywise, while also harnessing the zen that comes from listening to these 4 insane people talk about drinking jalapeno margaritas in Buffalo while I scoop cat poo poo. Also serves as a good story refresher after the weeklong gap between main quest episodes.

Mixed Bags are usually listened to more or less immediately, can't help myself with those.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Real Goofing a God energy from Caldwell this week

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Real Goofing a God energy from Caldwell this week

My favorite moment from the Short Rest this week was their debate over whether Zirk was a victim or whether he'd brought everything on himself and they concluded that he was a victim of Caldwell.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The team released the first details of that game project they teased a while back, and you can see them in the latest post on their Patreon.

The Band of Boobs posted:

Not Another GAME ANNOUNCEMENT!

Officially announcing….

Not Another RPG: The Search for the Chronocruxes!

Alanis has discovered that the Lich Akarot has hidden away his essence in four talismans on a forgotten timeline. With her help, a time-traveling Balnor will guide the Boobs from Moonstone to beyond as they navigate an alternate universe Campaign 1 -- where the corrupting influence of Akarot has prevented Thiala’s reign, but brought about a whole new bag of problems. Play as Hardwon, Moonshine, and Beverly, and level up to use their iconic skillsets and signature moves!

We’ve partnered with Jo Fu and Conrad Kreyling of Pillow Fight. Jo & Conrad have an incredible ability to combine rich narrative stories with fun, visually compelling gameplay. We’ve also recruited lots of talented artists to help bring the world of Bahumia to life, and can’t wait for you to see their work!

The game is a blend of turn-based RPGs and classic Adventure games. You’ll solve puzzles as you explore famous Bahumia locales, revisit memorable moments from the show, and meet classic characters — all while experiencing a brand new adventure. The game will be written by Murph, scored by Emily, and art directed by Caldwell!

The poster was painted by Isabella Gamez, and designed by Caldwell with Lindsay Campbell (who drew this kickass Alanis!).

Be on the lookout for updates on the Patreon as development ramps up!

<3

The 2 Crew

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish them the best but I'm not holding out hope for a great game

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't imagine it'll be a great game, but I don't think it'll be a bad game either. I imagine the chances are it'll just be a decent game, elevated by familiarity with and love for the characters, setting etc. The fact Muprh will be doing the plot and writing, Emily will be doing the music and Caldwell the art direction points to it at least being decent for fans too. The indie sphere has a lot of talented people, and frankly, probably turns out more decent games than big name, AAA development teams these days, and the group have a good roadmap for what they want to the game to be via various RPGs they're fans of; so they already have the bones of something to build a game around. Making a bad game is as hard as making a good game, since it requires you do a lot wrong, rather than just be competent but uninspired.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Yeah having Caldwell on board for the art is like half the way to being a good little indie game already. The rest they can easily do well enough to be fun for fans, with just a little help.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fia is such a goddamn funny character. The Lemonade spit-take was incredible.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's been a while since the hexbuds arc but I still can't get the phrase "hey there centaurs" out of my head

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

seaborgium posted:

I'm really enjoying the D&D courts they're doing.

It is a lot of fun

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the short rest was amazing this week (it usually is, but this time moreso)

stay still, space cadet. we're going to heaven

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
wasn't expecting a plot point from xenoblade chronicles but I support it

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Re: the most recent Short Rest

As I was listening to Murph walk everyone through their evening at Jan and Troy's place I couldn't help but think about how incredible an animatic of that entire audio clip would be

I would try the brisket

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I know the jan and troy one shot was probably a joke but i hope they do it

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Episode 26. Caldwell loving up Henry’s name was a fantastic screw-up. Hearing Emily groan in the background was the icing on the cake.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've been listening to 8 bit book club in between naddpod episodes, and I like that it's basically an unofficial d&d podcast the entire time, with how many d20s they roll as a joke throughout; I occasionally forget it's not naddpod.

I'm up to the episode where they actually introduce naddpod and lol at "we're still gonna keep doing this podcast though, we'll do both" as I scroll up to see how many episodes are left. I can't blame them for abandoning 8bbc though; reading a book a week is a lot to ask (not that they always did, but again, can't blame them) and for that book to be a stupid video game book, well, that's not great for personal growth I guess

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

8bit is lit, but Nadpod is legit good. The guy who platys = hard won was the missing piece

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

8bit is lit, but Nadpod is legit good. The guy who platys = hard won was the missing piece

Yeah the humor is much more on the level of dragon pussy than the heights that naddpod reaches, but i'm still having a ton of fun listening to it. Honestly Murph and Emily have such nuclear chemistry, everything they do is great (though i'll admit i haven't watched hot date despite hearing it plugged probably 100 times by now)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lol I never sawed Hot Date or the Other DND they;ve done

8Bit is cash though

The scene with Hardwon blasting Pursuit of Happiness after his girl died legit hit me. Like in the heart Best moment of the series, funny and touching

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

I liked 8BBC a lot, but I did find some of the later episodes kind of tiring. The bit of replacing names with something out of character wore thin with me. I love when they use the theme song for new Mixed Bags of Holding, though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Lol I never sawed Hot Date or the Other DND they;ve done

8Bit is cash though

The scene with Hardwon blasting Pursuit of Happiness after his girl died legit hit me. Like in the heart Best moment of the series, funny and touching

Yeah I laughed every time they brought up the kid cudi song, i kind of miss that bit

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I want them to go back for just one episode to cover the Metal Gear novelization. It would break Caldwell's brain

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Thinking about it more, Jake is such a big piece of what makes naddpod work I think, because through him we get the quintessential D&D player's journey of:

Starting your first campaign: Haha i'm a human raised by dwarves and the only thing I like more than being handsome is bragging about it!!

100 hours of play later: I am out-of-character depressed because my fake dwarf girlfriend died

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ainsley McTree posted:

Thinking about it more, Jake is such a big piece of what makes naddpod work I think, because through him we get the quintessential D&D player's journey of:

Starting your first campaign: Haha i'm a human raised by dwarves and the only thing I like more than being handsome is bragging about it!!

100 hours of play later: I am out-of-character depressed because my fake dwarf girlfriend died

yea I'm not gonna sit here and lie and say the rest of the NADDPOD gang aren't absolute treasures, but having Jake really turns it from good to great. New people who don't know D&D get to watch someone go from about their level of knowledge to genuinely having a fantastic time with his friends and long time players get to just kinda smile and nod as Jake goes through the same path of 'he's literally playing a Human Fighter for his first character that's genuinely adorable' to 'he's now more invested in his character's arc than he is about some things in the actual human world' just like we did.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Going from “I take in the sound of the fiddle” to “297 damage” was a real heroes journey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i still lol a little every time i remember "she's upset; i'm upset"