Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

fsif posted:

Wait is he doing the new theme song? I don't say this lightly, but being excited about this is officially the dorkiest I've ever felt in my life.

Maybe? He's going to be part of the closing telethon tonight but beyond that... :shrug:

(Though yes, Weird Al doing the S13 theme song would be the greatest thing ever and would probably kill me w/joy.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Mal-3 posted:

Maybe? He's going to be part of the closing telethon tonight but beyond that... :shrug:

(Though yes, Weird Al doing the S13 theme song would be the greatest thing ever and would probably kill me w/joy.)

They'll need at least 3 versions of the theme song, too. They can re-use Jonah's (unless Netflix owns it), Joel's would be a stretch, but Emily will need a new one for sure.

Maybe one of the secret stretch goals they're talking about will be that he does one or more of them.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Pinwiz11 posted:

BACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooo! Backers! Yeah!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

shrugging at the stretch goal to make one of the already-funded episodes a Halloween special

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Less than $18k from beating the old Kickstarter (not counting the BringBackMST3K.com add-on amount)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

That’s a joke, right? About how bad that would be?

I was once in the same room as him, didn't say anything to him or interact with him, but did watch others do so. For as ELON MUSK!!!!!! everyone was, the guy is like a void of charisma. It was like an anti-presence. It really surprised me.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
^Why do people go gaga for him anyway? Does he give out free Teslas everywhere?^

Breadallelogram posted:

shrugging at the stretch goal to make one of the already-funded episodes a Halloween special

Ditto, Thankgiving is THE holiday for the show but it doesn't make for bad movies (would Alice's Restaurant be crappy enough?). Halloween is a cornucopia of trash fire films.

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 7, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Less than $18k from beating the old Kickstarter (not counting the BringBackMST3K.com add-on amount)

Done :toot:

Might not beat the full "full" amount until the livestream starts, but with 3.5 hours until then, $6mil could be :getin:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
We've passed $5,764,229, the amount raised for the 2015 Kickstarter (not including the add-ons).

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Narsham posted:

I say yes. Lock Elon Musk in a theater, don't give him any riffing script, and run 24 hours straight of bad movies while people watch him go slowly mad.

Call it MST3K: The Reality Show, aka Really Final Justice.

But how would he eat or breathe?

Actually, I don't care.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

They can re-use Jonah's (unless Netflix owns it),

Jonah's is sung by a sexual predator, so as much as I liked it as a song I'd be happy if he got a new one.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was it also written by the sexual predator? I agree that a clean slate of a song with zero Har Mar association would be best.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
the har mar theme was eh anyway. i always wanted devo to do it, or man or astroman to redo their rendition

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just have Jon Mikl Thor do it

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

nishi koichi posted:

the har mar theme was eh anyway. i always wanted devo to do it, or man or astroman to redo their rendition

Weird Al with Man or Astroman backing him would be ideal.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Island Nation posted:

Ditto, Thankgiving is THE holiday for the show but it doesn't make for bad movies (would Alice's Restaurant be crappy enough?). Halloween is a cornucopia of trash fire films.
Yeah but Thanksgiving sucks because my stupid family loves me and wants me around and won't stfu so I can watch some MST3K in peace. I guess that's really not an issue with the Gizmoplex though since there will be something new every month and I can just sit quietly by myself and enjoy that instead. Halloween episodes are just easy to add content to. What other holiday theme would it be? Christmas? No thank you. Easter? Flag Day?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I've never been wild about the Jonah version of the song's "la la la's" being rendered in trumpets. Kinda sucks all the air out of the joke

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Less than $5k from $5.8M

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i wonder if you could mash up "back in the ussr" and the mst theme, what with the "ooh, ooh, oooh"s

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:spooky: movie coming...in 3-D!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Got it! I can't believe how this number just keeps going up!

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I have no problem with the idea of a Halloween episode, but it doesn’t particularly motivate me to put more money down either. For some reason a vocal contingent in the Kickstarter comments has been really pushing for them to do one though. I don’t particularly get it.

The real final bonus goal of a thirteenth episode with everyone in it is much more exciting to me.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

CapnBry posted:

Yeah but Thanksgiving sucks because my stupid family loves me and wants me around and won't stfu so I can watch some MST3K in peace. I guess that's really not an issue with the Gizmoplex though since there will be something new every month and I can just sit quietly by myself and enjoy that instead. Halloween episodes are just easy to add content to. What other holiday theme would it be? Christmas? No thank you. Easter? Flag Day?

It's almost certainly a Christmas special judging by the update post.

"Like I said at the end of our last Kickstarter, I've always loved holiday TV, and the tradition of "special episodes" from Bing Crosby, Charlie Brown, and of course, Rankin/Bass. We've already got three of our own holiday episodes – one each for me, Mike, and Jonah – and now, if we're able to meet this final goal, it'll be Emily's turn. "

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Which one was Mike's?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Which one was Mike's?
I have just one question for you- ARE YOU READY TO BE MERRY?

(Santa Claus, the one with Merlin and Lupita)

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I just pledged for the 12 months of gizmoplez and got the season 13 Blu ray set. Wooo

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Joike

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dawgstar posted:

Which one was Mike's?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pybnq-S95H0&t=430s

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

5.8 M reached!

....I caved and did the $5 pledge with digital season 13 because I. Can't actually afford the $85 tier today.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Bring back the Twang!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ringu0 posted:

Bring back the Twang!

There's a lot of "Sound that you hear at 1:45AM when you can barely keep your eyes open" in my mind's experience but the twang is maybe the topmost

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Splint Chesthair posted:

HOW in the world did it take this long for MST3K and Weird Al Yankovic to officially cross paths???

I think Al is the only other person I've thrown in this much money toward something they've chosen to crowdfund (back when he needed to re-master and re-press all his old material to get it the hell away from the creepy record label that used to distribute him).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Davros1 posted:

Just have Jon Mikl Thor do it

he’s busy making a Len kabasinki film

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Alright I'm in for a hundred and five smackers

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diabolik900 posted:

I have no problem with the idea of a Halloween episode, but it doesn’t particularly motivate me to put more money down either. For some reason a vocal contingent in the Kickstarter comments has been really pushing for them to do one though. I don’t particularly get it.

The real final bonus goal of a thirteenth episode with everyone in it is much more exciting to me.

Yeah my feelings exactly. They riff horror movies or dress up in costumes in like every episode.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trying to imagine the in-universe justification for getting them all back together.

Don't know how they can do it without adding like ridiculous amounts of lore and backstory

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

The Gizmotic Cinematic Universe

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Data Graham posted:

Trying to imagine the in-universe justification for getting them all back together.

Don't know how they can do it without adding like ridiculous amounts of lore and backstory

wormholes

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Data Graham posted:

Mike's whole existence in the Sci-Fi Channel years was him just constantly loving up the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kinga seems semi-self aware. She knows she's putting on a TV show, so she'll just say she's doing it for the ratings.