Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

Something similar happened to me recently, they were rerouting thousands of packages because of the shooting at the Indianapolis hub so it was causing backups all over the region.

Jesus, I had completely forgotten about that on the news, that makes perfect sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Jesus, I had completely forgotten about that on the news, that makes perfect sense.

It sounds like things are back on track at the hub so delays should be minimal other than the normal covid related delays. I believe Perrysberg, OH was taxed to handle the overflow.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rhyno posted:

Something similar happened to me recently, they were rerouting thousands of packages because of the shooting at the Indianapolis hub so it was causing backups all over the region.

Another thing is distro hubs will get penalized if a package or even an entire truck is there too long so if there's a queue of trucks that need to be unloaded they'll reroute newer trucks to other hubs that reroute them to other hubs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shipping logistics are so weird. I had a box get rerouted to Bellvue Michigan instead of here where it sat for 5 days. USPS is really no better but I find their tracking to be more accurate.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Somebody needs to create a conclusive flowchart of sorts that aligns with what toy brands you best associate with based on when you were born. I was born in 1984 and don't care about He-Man, GI Joes or Transformers but love(d) TMNT, Ghostbusters and X-Men.

I was born in 1980. Here the lines I remember playing with as a kid with the ones I was really into in bold:

Masters of the Universe
LEGO
GI Joe
Voltron (?? - I remember loving the cartoon and the toys, but I don't recall if I actually owned any of the toys.)
Transformers
Hot Wheels
Rock Lords
Centurions
The Real Ghostbusters
Super Naturals
Battle Beasts
Food Fighters
TMNT
Batman '89 & Batman Returns

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
1981 here

Voltron - I remember watching the cartoon and being very confused half of the time. When the car voltron version came on I was like "This is the sucky one"

Transformers - Favorite was and still is soundwave. I remember calling 911 once because Transformers wasn't on at its regularly scheduled time, the lady was very nice to me and told me that perhaps it was delayed. I argued with her a little, saying it usually comes on after ... "I love lucy"? or some loving show I don't even know. But the show was still going and I didn't understand it. My dad had probably set the clocks wrong because sure enough Transformers started and I was like "OH its on! Thank you" and hung up.

Thundercats - Literally every toy sword or paper tissue roll i had became THE SWORD OF OMENS. I would jam one tissue roll into another to make the entire sword growing effect too. I was loving LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Lightsabre toys man. I was like what? 5? Also Cheetara made my pants feel funny. I had Lion-O and Panthro?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I bought nunchucks because I wanted to be like Michaelangelo. I ate SO much loving pizza because of this. I demanded a single person pie once because I wanted to one shot it into my mouth the way the Turtles did. I found out that personal pizzas suck because they are small and dont have enough sauce. I like sauce. I settled for just getting the typical NYC slice on the regular after that. I think I had all the Turtles + Baxter Stockman, A triceratops, and an alligator?

GI Joe - I had a couple of Joes as a child (I had Alley Viper and Snake Eyes?) and I always wanted to get the guys with removable helmets because I thought that was the absolute best feature EVER. But I really went FULL FORCE into it a little later in 5-6th grade when my friend had like 100's of Joes.

Lego - Had Legos throughout life. It was great. I think the first set I fell in love with was the Space one? With all the green neon clear pieces. Also I had a camper RV that opened up to a living space? That was dope AF.

Rock Lords - I had the main rock. He looked most like a rock to me. It was great. I didn't reeally play with it, I just liked to transform it and keep it in my pocket.

Food Fighters / Army Ants - These came on at about the same time? I think? I only had one of each. I think I traded it for something.

Battle Beasts - Had a ton of these. I liked the rub signs. I forgot what factions they were frequently so the rub signs helped me a lot. I was a forgetful child.

Secret Wars - I didn't even remember buying this, just one day as a child I was conscious and I had Iron Man and Spider-Man. It was a weird time.

Micro Machines / Hot Wheels / Matchbox - Whichever had the coolest features is what I got. I had a red matchbox car that I loved, it had opening doors so obviously that was THE ONE. All the other Hotwheels or Matchbox cars were the bad guys who would crash when doing ramp jumps and poo poo. Suck it. Micromachines, they had to light up when you pressed them down or I wouldn't buy it. gently caress you.

Super Naturals / Visionairies - I had the mummy guy from Super Naturals and ARZON from Visionaries. The ONLY reason I can loving remember this is because he had an EAGLE in his chest and my dumb rear end thought he was the reason the VISA Credit Cards also used the Eagle on their cards? Like "Oh they took it from him" I was a stupid and ugly child.

Toxic Avengers - The toys mother loving GLOWED IN THE DARK. Of course I had this poo poo.

Robocop - Robert is the best. I forgot what I had though. Did I have the glow in the dark one? Most importantly he had a removable helmet.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Jet Ready Go posted:

I remember calling 911 once because Transformers wasn't on at its regularly scheduled time, the lady was very nice to me and told me that perhaps it was delayed. I argued with her a little, saying it usually comes on after ... "I love lucy"? or some loving show I don't even know. But the show was still going and I didn't understand it. My dad had probably set the clocks wrong because sure enough Transformers started and I was like "OH its on! Thank you" and hung up.

This is hilarious and I can’t believe it’s the first time you have told us this story!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Most important thing about the Robocop toys was that you can load them with those strips that turned them into action figure shaped cap guns.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

The_Doctor posted:

Crossover from the Lego thread, I can’t believe there’s not been a Black Series gonk droid.

Right? I mean, we got the Star Tours/Galaxies Edge Peewee Herman droid. Gonk just seems like an obvious choice.

I do have the TVC version of Gonk and it is delightful in all its stupid boxy goodness.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 8, 2021

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jet Ready Go posted:

Robocop - Robert is the best. I forgot what I had though. Did I have the glow in the dark one? Most importantly he had a removable helmet.

That unfortunately doesn't narrow it down much; I believe there were RoboCop figures with removable helmets made by Kenner for the Ultra Police line in '88, and by Toy Island for their RoboCop 3 and RoboCop: The Series lines in 1993 / 1994.

Anyway, to answer the question, I was born in July 1984, and the toy lines I was most deeply into were TMNT, The Real Ghostbusters and Playmates' Star Trek: The Next Generation.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rhyno posted:

I nabbed a Classics Captain Glenn (Queen Marlena) for half the ebay price off Amazon last night. I really wonder if some sellers even check prices on things, this is the fourth Classics figure I've scored off Amazon for well below market value.

The shed I want is a 7x7 composite but the HOA doesn't allow those. It's $700. A 7x7 basic wooden shed is $3k.

Tell your HOA to go gently caress themselves

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Buy the composite one and just loving lie.

What are they going to do, take a material sample?

...This is partially a real question, I don't know what kind of real powers an HOA has. I'm only familiar with them from TV shows and I don't know how much of that is exaggeration. An organization having authority over property you own is basically impossible in Canada so they're not really a thing here for homes, only for condos.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

drrockso20 posted:

Tell your HOA to go gently caress themselves

This right here.

My neighborhood doesn’t have an HOA (thank Christ) and everything is fine since everyone inherently cooperates in order to keep their own property values up. Nobody has junker cars on cinder blocks in their front yard, or swastika flags flying from their houses, or has insane overgrown weeds, or houses painted zany colors (although one or two are painted “uncommon” colors like slate grey or a muted grey-blue and actually look really slick).
About the biggest “offense” is there are sometimes a lot of cars parked on the street overnight, but oh well.

My parents had to fight with their HOA last month because the HOA said their house had to be repainted every X years and then threw a fit when my parents tried to paint it the same color it already was, which is the color it was built in and said that color “wasn’t on the approved color list”. :psyduck:

HOAs can get hosed.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I fought with my HOA for months over the color of a new door. Eventually I relented and chose a different color (I wanted black and had to choose “very very dark brown”). Two months later they added black to the approved list.

gently caress HOAs and make their lives a living Hell.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

This right here.

My neighborhood doesn’t have an HOA (thank Christ) and everything is fine since everyone inherently cooperates in order to keep their own property values up. Nobody has junker cars on cinder blocks in their front yard, or swastika flags flying from their houses, or has insane overgrown weeds, or houses painted zany colors (although one or two are painted “uncommon” colors like slate grey or a muted grey-blue and actually look really slick).
About the biggest “offense” is there are sometimes a lot of cars parked on the street overnight, but oh well.

As someone in the same situation, I can attest this is the only way to go with housing. I am sure an HOA would be up my rear end about the foundation and driveway repairs Im getting done at the moment.

We do have a house on the corner that legitimately is selling meth, but the guy next to him is actively trying to get the owners arrested.

The Korean war vet goes around weeding the houses next to him so he doesn't get dandelions which is amusing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Crossover from the Lego thread, I can’t believe there’s not been a Black Series gonk droid.

Technically the scale’s a bit too big, but I have the Disney store/parks die-cast Elite Series Gonk and he looks pretty good next to Black Series stuff.

In other news, I blew my toy budget for the next month or three today by going full Rhyno and paying $160+ after tax and international shipping on one of the Last 17/POTF Kenner Star Wars figures I was missing. I really hosed up not buying these 5+ years ago when they were all 1/2 and 1/3 the prices they are today.

Only 11 more to go! :negative:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I said it before and I will say it again. If you got an HOA, take it over and dissolve it. If you got a couple of neighbors you are friendly with it isn’t very hard and incredibly effective. A friend of mine had a nightmarish one that did just this. His neighborhood is doing even better now without it since crazily, not everyone wants to live in a dystopia where where thing looks exactly the same.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ThePowerCon/status/1390844589318328320?s=20

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Oh wow is that a figure of the Castle Greyskull spacesuit?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Splint Chesthair posted:

And more!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1390849458339000320?s=20

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Splint Chesthair posted:

Yep! The link there has more details, but here's the basics:

Horde redeco 4-pack, $150

Faker 2-pack, $60

Grayskull accessories, $30

Preorders open May 15th.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GameStop order finally shipped! Finally I’ll have every Joe except for the Viper, which I’m fine with skipping. I needed a cobra goon more than anything with him.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Timby posted:

That unfortunately doesn't narrow it down much; I believe there were RoboCop figures with removable helmets made by Kenner for the Ultra Police line in '88, and by Toy Island for their RoboCop 3 and RoboCop: The Series lines in 1993 / 1994.

Anyway, to answer the question, I was born in July 1984, and the toy lines I was most deeply into were TMNT, The Real Ghostbusters and Playmates' Star Trek: The Next Generation.

OH MY GOD THAT REMINDS ME

COPS - I don't even remember if I had these toys but my BFF did and we played the poo poo out of them!

But yes I think you're right.. a VAGUELY remember "ULTRA POLICE" now. "Robocop Nightfighter" is what I think I had (based on my Googlin')? Curiously the whole reason I don't remember is because I had his glow in the dark helmet.. but i couldn't find my figure. So it's a big "???" Did I steal the helmet from someone?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yep! The link there has more details, but here's the basics:

Horde redeco 4-pack, $150

Faker 2-pack, $60

Grayskull accessories, $30

Preorders open May 15th.

That first one is ridiculously overpriced even by Con exclusive standards, the other two are pretty decent, definitely tempted by the Grayskull set

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't the LOP set $300?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't the LOP set $300?

Kinda proves my point

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I'm just saying, con exclusives are stupid but the 4 pack is a better deal than the 5 pack was.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

How the hell do they justify that... What a crazy overcharge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Limited release stuff is always expensive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hasbro does normal retail prices for theirs but they're probably an exception. Hellfire was $80 for 4 figures.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Aphrodite posted:

Hasbro does normal retail prices for theirs but they're probably an exception. Hellfire was $80 for 4 figures.

speaking of, mine came this week and it's a great set. there's a lot of reuse but it works well and it's cool to get these characters. unfortunately, now i need to pick up several hellfire guards.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I knew right away I didn’t need that Horde 4 pack. I do want Hordak, Grizzlor, and probably several Horde Troopers, but standard colors are fine on those, and you know they will all have a normal release. I don’t need to blow $150 on repaints. I am going to be fine with regular Faker too, and I’m not too excited about that weird cyber cat. I do like the Grayskull pack though, that’s pretty fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's where I initially was but I like the shadow Trooper. Three of the LoP figures are getting a single card release, I figure some of these will as well.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Rhyno posted:

That's where I initially was but I like the shadow Trooper. Three of the LoP figures are getting a single card release, I figure some of these will as well.

*narrator's voice* He bought 2 of everything.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Not a He-Man guy, but I’m happy knowing that Faker has his own cat. Like if they gave Bizarro his own Bizarro Krypto “He man’s worst enemy!”

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Bizarro Krypto is just regular Streaky

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dale-Taco posted:

*narrator's voice* He bought 2 of everything.

I didn't buy the PC exclusives from last year, im on the fence here as well.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Karma Tornado posted:

Bizarro Krypto is just regular Streaky

I would like to read stories of good natured, caring, lovable Krypto and his pal, bastard gremlin Streaky who is only heroic by accident.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

I didn't buy the PC exclusives from last year, im on the fence here as well.

*narrator voice* He bought them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't! I only got the SDCC pack!