Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Disco Elysium is great because behind its initial impression of detached irony it's earnest as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

What I love about DE is that it's a game just begging for you to engage with it on a deeper level, to the point where if you refuse to do so it will constantly call you a boring gently caress. It's great!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mole lady and a bazooka that ate a devil fruit and turned into a dog that sneezes explosive baseballs?

The imagination on display here is amazing.

Which makes it even more funny that Miss all Sundays power is so unimaginative. It's like they hired the pokemon writers to think of a power.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Katt posted:

Mole lady and a bazooka that ate a devil fruit and turned into a dog that sneezes explosive baseballs?

The imagination on display here is amazing.

Which makes it even more funny that Miss all Sundays power is so unimaginative. It's like they hired the pokemon writers to think of a power.

You seem like you're trying to conquer One Piece instead of enjoy it.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Anyway, Sunday uses her power in creative ways.

Sunday rules.

Sunday is not Monday.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 7, 2021

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Kyle released Part 2 of his video essay on Starship Troopers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6o2BksW8x4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

achillesforever6 posted:

gently caress, he's got a Part 3 coming!?

I guess I should have expected this. There is a lot of material in Starship Troopers the film that is extremely uncomfortable to discuss, let alone come to terms with in a modern context. It's a film that scares me because what it said was true back then, is more true now, and beyond even fascist American hegemony, we are failing gloriously and falling right into the routines the film presents as normal.

If Part 1 was how a man like Heinlein extrapolates on the concepts of Starship Troopers and Part 2 is how that concept and the culture that birthed it is viewed and adapted by Dutch culture, Part 3 has got to be a reckoning of the two and what both works say.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 7, 2021

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Allison Pregler has gotten to the weird paranormal mystery part of Baywath Nights.
Allison Pregler - "Baywatching Nights: Season 2 Intro"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg_pb9iB5Ro

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's real hard to showcase that in a screenshot though vs "here's a joke I thought was funny"

If I ever manage to to successfully convey the emotions of informing a woman her husband died through my posting I will have transcended posting.

Like, gently caress me, the story goes from funny hijinks in a cursed commercial building to that. No matter how much of a disaster someone is playing, I'm willing to bet they are going to sober up for that one.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

achillesforever6 posted:

Well I definitely remember that Cartoon Network commercial from when I was a kid.
Also great stuff..(But like his family, I havent seen any of Verhoevens dutch movies)

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Antigravitas posted:

If I ever manage to to successfully convey the emotions of informing a woman her husband died through my posting I will have transcended posting.

It doesn't get much of the spotlight in discussions, but DE is incredibly compelling cop fiction on top of everything else.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Terrible Opinions posted:

The two decade later novel is getting translated out of Polish here sometime soon.

Oh hell yeah!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Sarcopenia posted:

Allison Pregler has gotten to the weird paranormal mystery part of Baywath Nights.
Allison Pregler - "Baywatching Nights: Season 2 Intro"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg_pb9iB5Ro

It is genuinely bewildering how big a retool this was and how little they bothered to explain it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I really appreciate Allison’s deep dive of Baywatch media because it’s so much more bonkers than I ever thought. I always assumed it was standard drowning-person rescue poo poo plus some soap opera content with the ultimate purpose of showcasing hot people in bathing suits running in slow motion.

The truth is so much more fascinating.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The only thing we watch here in the UK now is Rate My Takeaway. It's the most Northern thing that's ever been made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW3e_1lZST4

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
BennettTheSage's 250th anime review - Serial Experiments Lain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHNCPQBeghc

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I really appreciate Allison’s deep dive of Baywatch media because it’s so much more bonkers than I ever thought. I always assumed it was standard drowning-person rescue poo poo plus some soap opera content with the ultimate purpose of showcasing hot people in bathing suits running in slow motion.

I just love, and it's so Hasslehoff, that he wanted to do a Peter Gunn remake and then oops! You don't have the rights for it! Might have been a thing you wanted to check.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

S.D. posted:

BennettTheSage's 250th anime review - Serial Experiments Lain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHNCPQBeghc

This was a really good episode. Also because I've been on a passing patlabor kick recently I was quick to notice he used the Manga Entertainment dub for the Arakawa speech in the clip he played.

He needs to do a video on Patlabor at some point.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 7, 2021

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noLsc8So_j0

Thought Slime did a video on a really silly article written by a sad 60 year-old man about Disney getting ~*~too political~*~

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

When I saw "Rage comic that saved a life", I thought "is this the one where someone used a pregnancy test on himself and reddit diagnosed testicular cancer thru that comic" and sure enough, it was.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Anyone ever watch that Baywatch spoof Son of the Beach? It was dumb as hell but somewhat entertaining.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Grondoth posted:

The end has a bit of writing that is, as far as I'm concerned, genuinely magnificent, turning something that's maybe the most base level disgusting into something beautiful. It really, totally, made me think differently about bugs.

Yeah I really didn't see that scene coming but it really made me tear up when I played it. I forgot what skill(s) I needed but I'm really glad I had them because the conversation with the phasmid was one of the most beautiful moments in the game.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrRp0BXcAjI

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i feel like one of the things i like about Mandalorian is that it does the "mystery box" stuff well because it doesn't make the boxes the core of the story and the story doesn''t spin its wheels screaming "whats in the box".

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
Lindsey Ellis sure tweets a lot for a person who made a feature-film-length video about leaving twitter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

just say the thing you're mad about

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Grunch Worldflower posted:

Lindsey Ellis sure tweets a lot for a person who made a feature-film-length video about leaving twitter.

Show me on the doll where she hurt you.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Nobody leaves Twitter.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

She made a feature-film-length video about how twitter is noxious and bad for your mental health, and she was only going to use it for promotional purposes going forward, and having checked it now because you brought it up, it seems like she was until Contra tried to make a "mend bridges" tweet thread. (And it looks like that's all deleted now so obviously that didn't go over well at all.) So now Lindsay has a tweet thread that's just kind of the same things she said in her video. Is that an accurate summary based on skimming or is there something I'm missing that's worth lol'ing at?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sankara posted:

Nobody leaves Twitter.

You can blue checkmark out any time you want, but you can never leave.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Show me on the doll where she hurt you.

Nuns with Guns posted:

She made a feature-film-length video about how twitter is noxious and bad for your mental health, and she was only going to use it for promotional purposes going forward, and having checked it now because you brought it up, it seems like she was until Contra tried to make a "mend bridges" tweet thread. (And it looks like that's all deleted now so obviously that didn't go over well at all.) So now Lindsay has a tweet thread that's just kind of the same things she said in her video. Is that an accurate summary based on skimming or is there something I'm missing that's worth lol'ing at?

I hope she reads this bud.

Augus posted:

just say the thing you're mad about

Grunch Worldflower fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 7, 2021

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

I hope she reads this bud.

I saw that you had to edit my quote into your sad twitter meme

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Nuns with Guns posted:

I saw that you had to edit my quote into your sad twitter meme

I hope she reads this too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who are you a rereg of lol

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

I hope she reads this too.

To be clear, I'm not a "bro". And I don't want to gently caress Lindsay Ellis or engage with her content because she and Contra really do need to stop posting about cancelling or being cancelled and find their peace away from twitter because neither of them are capable of handling direct engagement on it well at all. I think there is way too much of a gleeful CAD/Chris-chan tier of hate fandom built up around them that's pretty unhealthy and poo poo too, and maybe you'd find a more fulfilling experience just posting on Kiwifarms if you're going to do poo poo like that here?

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Me, normal : "Lindsay Ellis, on the internet!!!! What a hypocrite!!!!!"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

To be clear, I'm not a "bro". And I don't want to gently caress Lindsay Ellis or engage with her content because she and Contra really do need to stop posting about cancelling or being cancelled and find their peace away from twitter because neither of them are capable of handling direct engagement on it well at all. I think there is way too much of a gleeful CAD/Chris-chan tier of hate fandom built up around them that's pretty unhealthy and poo poo too, and maybe you'd find a more fulfilling experience just posting on Kiwifarms if you're going to do poo poo like that here?

"I don't want to talk about this person" I scream as I won't stop talking about this person.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Now tell us what you think about Contrapoints.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Now tell us what you think about Contrapoints.

She good and valid, like a Twinkie.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pentyne posted:

"I don't want to talk about this person" I scream as I won't stop talking about this person.

I mean, if she's done something worth laughing at or calling her out for, go ahead and post about it. If we're hitting the point where we need to go and dig around for reasons to mock someone like "Wow, still tweeting huh? Idiot." then that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I've had fun in some mockthreads before, and whenever you're having to grub around for poo poo like that to get mad at, that's a pretty good sign the thread's run its course or going to have to resort to doxxing to keep the funny flowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

pentyne posted:

Why did you highlight a part that doesn't say they don't want to talk about Lindsey.