Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

World War Mammories posted:

"accompanies"? does he actually walk with you instead of just meeting you at the island?
Yes.

Edit - pretty bad way to start a page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz1DyvefCt8

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Xander77 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoGlE4G8DyE

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Cuno's new VA grew on me after a while but gently caress, that is a truly iconic line read

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Xander77 posted:

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz1DyvefCt8

I didn’t let Kim get shot before Final Cut, but in my latest playthrough where he did, Cuno only walks around with the detective within the Whirling-In-Rags, leaving the party at the door to meet up with the detective on the island later. He does chime in on conversations with Garte and the Hardies, but I wish I could take him to meet the ravers/Soona/Idiot Doom Spiral :smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

MizuZero posted:

I didn’t let Kim get shot before Final Cut, but in my latest playthrough where he did, Cuno only walks around with the detective within the Whirling-In-Rags, leaving the party at the door to meet up with the detective on the island later. He does chime in on conversations with Garte and the Hardies, but I wish I could take him to meet the ravers/Soona/Idiot Doom Spiral :smith:
I did manage to do that, but he didn't have any dialog.

Screenshots \ videos will follow tomorrow - apparently there are some extra conditions involved, since it's not the default for Final Cut either.

Also - look forward to a legit way to have both Kim and Cuno accompany you at once (if you've been following along, you already know how it works).

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Xander77 posted:

I did manage to do that, but he didn't have any dialog.

Screenshots \ videos will follow tomorrow - apparently there are some extra conditions involved, since it's not the default for Final Cut either.

Also - look forward to a legit way to have both Kim and Cuno accompany you at once (if you've been following along, you already know how it works).

lmao. does the game force spawn Kim if you pass out via the Damaged Ledger?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If that’s how then “legit” is doing some work imo lol

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

christmas boots posted:

If that’s how then “legit” is doing some work imo lol
Let's say - done entirely in-game with no file editing involved. Which is as legit a necessary, if not "intended".

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

New Cuno does not got this nearly as much :smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah I'm guessing this is a case of having it be the only booze in hand when you click the drink button during conversation. Let me load an old save and find out.

Edit: Oooh, it's not even equippable. Huh. And its not drinkable once the tie is in it... but I can.. I WILL... figure this out...
Could be post-tribunal, if you don't use it? Or maybe with the suicide thought equipped?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
After picking this game up for the first time with The Final Cut I can't imagine it without the voiced characters. They bring so much personality to the table. Cuno for example is just so perfect.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Flayer posted:

After picking this game up for the first time with The Final Cut I can't imagine it without the voiced characters. They bring so much personality to the table. Cuno for example is just so perfect.

Most or all of the characters were already partially voiced, even if just their first couple of lines. Cuno in particular is one character who most people that played pre-final cut felt the old voice actor was better

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Wafflecopper posted:

Most or all of the characters were already partially voiced, even if just their first couple of lines. Cuno in particular is one character who most people that played pre-final cut felt the old voice actor was better

Old VA is energetic, but the new one carries his nuances and quieter moments after passing the Empathy check so perfectly that I much prefer him now.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I listened to both the old and new Cuno after seeing your comments and I have to say the new Cuno sounds more authentically Scouse, which is an improvement. The old Cuno sounds more screechy like they are putting it on a bit. Old Cuno is definitely a bit more insane sounding though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Old Cuno, new Cuno, what we should be asking is: The gently caress does Cuno care?

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Nessus posted:

Old Cuno, new Cuno, what we should be asking is: The gently caress does Cuno care?

He doesn't.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It's really a matter of how campy you like Cuno. Old Cuno was really over the top, and I can't imagine that voice actor pulling off his quieter and more vulnerable.moments.

It's a matter of preference.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
Started getting back into this recently. Played a couple of hours of the original and fell off for a bit, then just now started a new game for Final Cut. Really digging the additional VO work this time around. I do most of my PC gaming through a Steam Link to my TV, and it looks like another thing they added was controller support, so that's made it much easier for me to sink some time into.

Quick question. I forget the exact numbers I used but my physical stat is the lowest, and specifically having an "Endurance" stat of 1 has led to more than a few heart attacks. Other than just avoiding anything that seems vaguely physically demanding, will leveling up Endurance help that much? I put a single point into it so far (so now its a 2) but I'm not sure if that means I don't need to worry anymore or if it just means it slightly lowers the number of things that will make my heart explode.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
What's in the patch that just dropped on PS5?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Shnakepup posted:

Started getting back into this recently. Played a couple of hours of the original and fell off for a bit, then just now started a new game for Final Cut. Really digging the additional VO work this time around. I do most of my PC gaming through a Steam Link to my TV, and it looks like another thing they added was controller support, so that's made it much easier for me to sink some time into.

Quick question. I forget the exact numbers I used but my physical stat is the lowest, and specifically having an "Endurance" stat of 1 has led to more than a few heart attacks. Other than just avoiding anything that seems vaguely physically demanding, will leveling up Endurance help that much? I put a single point into it so far (so now its a 2) but I'm not sure if that means I don't need to worry anymore or if it just means it slightly lowers the number of things that will make my heart explode.

You can use the healing items while your last health point ticks down, so once you have a decent supply of nosaphed you don't have to worry nearly as much about dying.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's really a matter of how campy you like Cuno. Old Cuno was really over the top, and I can't imagine that voice actor pulling off his quieter and more vulnerable.moments.

It's a matter of preference.

I would say Old Cuno is better for a partially voiced Cuno and New Cuno is better for a fully voiced Cuno. A fully voiced Cuno needs to be able to do the quieter and more vulnerable stuff and having a more authentic accent is a big plus, a partially voiced Cuno only has a handful of lines to give you a sense of the character

Zerilan posted:

You can use the healing items while your last health point ticks down, so once you have a decent supply of nosaphed you don't have to worry nearly as much about dying.

That said, even if you have multiple ticks of Health or Morale you should try to keep them topped off because if they're not at full it gives you a penalty to the relevant stat

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 8, 2021

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

christmas boots posted:

I would say Old Cuno is better for a partially voiced Cuno and New Cuno is better for a fully voiced Cuno. A fully voiced Cuno needs to be able to do the quieter and more vulnerable stuff and having a more authentic accent is a big plus, a partially voiced Cuno only has a handful of lines to give you a sense of the character

That said, even if you have multiple ticks of Health or Morale you should try to keep them topped off because if they're not at full it gives you a penalty to the relevant stat

Kind of like Josh Kirby's art for Discworld, I guess. Makes an impression but there's no way you could make a full story out of them.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Zerilan posted:

Well, poo poo. I hadn't noticed the health points tick down, guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I'll have to try using my healing items next time it happens. I was only looking at the dialogue options and thinking "man, what's the point of the different choices, seems like no matter what I do he ends up having the heart attack anyway :confused:".

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Shnakepup posted:

"seems like no matter what I do he ends up having the heart attack anyway :confused:"

the goon doctor subforum is under a different category

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Just ran into a bug around the Church quest. If I wear the Faln Pipo hat it screws up the game by making most things unselectable (and once making my character unable to move at all), not sure if it's that hat specifically or the game has just picked that item for some reason. Took a few save reloads to figure out why the game was acting so weird.

This is on PS5, in case anyone else experiences something similar. Take off the drat hat!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I guess the only thing that can stave off the pale is high-performance outerwear

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Here's how to get Cuno to explore Martinaise by your side. Not very exciting, sadly.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2481223534

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2481223986

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Flayer posted:

Just ran into a bug around the Church quest. If I wear the Faln Pipo hat it screws up the game by making most things unselectable (and once making my character unable to move at all), not sure if it's that hat specifically or the game has just picked that item for some reason. Took a few save reloads to figure out why the game was acting so weird.

This is on PS5, in case anyone else experiences something similar. Take off the drat hat!

As it turns out this is not a bug but if your Perception drops to -1 or below you can no longer interact with items in the world. Figured it out when I started researching Art Cop and the same thing happened.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I just got a save wiping bug 3 hours in on mac big sur and Im hesitant to start again until I diagnose it in case it happens 20 hours in.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Shnakepup posted:

Well, poo poo. I hadn't noticed the health points tick down, guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I'll have to try using my healing items next time it happens. I was only looking at the dialogue options and thinking "man, what's the point of the different choices, seems like no matter what I do he ends up having the heart attack anyway :confused:".

It's a bit hard to understand for a newcomer.

If you only have 1 endurance you have 1 max health, any time you take damage and have zero healing items you will die instantly. If you do have a hp healing item, it will instead play warning sound and say "Health critical" and give you roughly 5 seconds to heal yourself with an item by clicking the button above your health meter.

If you have 2 endurance you'll at least always be able to take one damage before going to critical.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

wiegieman posted:

If I had to pick 3 skills to dump, they'd be electrochemistry, half-light, and suggestion. You just don't get much out of them.

electrochemistry and half-light are fun thoughts to get in your conversations

gently caress i love the music in this game. its kind of insane because british sea power are poo poo lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Jose posted:

electrochemistry and half-light are fun thoughts to get in your conversations

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I never finished this quest in my first playthrough. This is amazing. :allears:

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Whatever happened to the hanged man's trousers anyway?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Why does The Pigs not show up sometimes? I'm waiting at the spot until the meeting time, and afterwards, but no luck. Seems like it's a 50/50 shot of actually happening regardless of run of when Kim is or isn't with me. Strange...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

EorayMel posted:

Why does The Pigs not show up sometimes? I'm waiting at the spot until the meeting time, and afterwards, but no luck. Seems like it's a 50/50 shot of actually happening regardless of run of when Kim is or isn't with me. Strange...

Gotta walk into the area after so that she loads in, easiest way is to wait until the time and then enter and exit the church and head back

If you're doing that and it's still happening, no idea

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Vagabong posted:

Whatever happened to the hanged man's trousers anyway?

they're in the trash container, along with his shirt.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Gotta walk into the area after so that she loads in, easiest way is to wait until the time and then enter and exit the church and head back

If you're doing that and it's still happening, no idea

I did a quick save and quick load.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Warmachine posted:

But see, that's not at all what you're advised to do in the post you're quoting.

Xander77 posted:

Ah. That doesn't work. Examining the note is turned off during the pre-tribunal and when Kim is shot, though at no other time.

So now there are only two things to figure out - whether you can drink the spirit bomb and whether you can electrocute yourself by trying to fix the waterlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Warmachine posted:

I have no idea if that would work or not, you may just be loading a save state that doesn't have the character over and over. It's impossible to predict how these things will shake out which is why anybody who spends a lot of time in CRPGs generally and Eastern European games specifically has a robust debugging and troubleshooting toolkit (and habit of saving extremely often)

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 9, 2021