Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

if you don’t want to read the mcveigh book, the doc by the author, A Noble Lie, is on YouTube and focuses much much more on the actual event (the book is really just about mcveigh). I would recommend the book wholly though if you are looking for a very new and open perspective where Painting looks at McVeigh as a phenomenon from every theory ever crafted (which can all be traced back to his own inconsistent testimony). it’s a really impressive exploration at trying to chase the truth in a system created to never deliver one

also, the doc is hilarious because every local in okc clearly knew something was up and it’s unreal to see how national media and policing come in and just create whatever they’d like to tell the world instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

also sorry for double post but this doesn’t make sense with the previous post but is surreal and thread relevant

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1390313607653638144?s=21

e: for context, I believe the Duggar referred to here is josh Duggar, the eldest son from the tlc (?) show about a family including 19 kids. after the show ended, the father went on to joint the House of Representatives on behalf of Arkansas. I believe josh was politically involved to at much lower levels but I dunno the details

nut has issued a correction as of 13:26 on May 7, 2021

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
imagining him going down like the democracy manifest guy

GET your hands off my PENIS

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

nut posted:

if you don’t want to read the mcveigh book, the doc by the author, A Noble Lie, is on YouTube and focuses much much more on the actual event (the book is really just about mcveigh). I would recommend the book wholly though if you are looking for a very new and open perspective where Painting looks at McVeigh as a phenomenon from every theory ever crafted (which can all be traced back to his own inconsistent testimony). it’s a really impressive exploration at trying to chase the truth in a system created to never deliver one

also, the doc is hilarious because every local in okc clearly knew something was up and it’s unreal to see how national media and policing come in and just create whatever they’d like to tell the world instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trN122LbnWA

it's this one, right?

guess I know what I'm watching this weekend

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

nut posted:

also sorry for double post but this doesn’t make sense with the previous post but is surreal and thread relevant

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1390313607653638144?s=21

e: for context, I believe the Duggar referred to here is josh Duggar, the eldest son from the tlc (?) show about a family including 19 kids. after the show ended, the father went on to joint the House of Representatives on behalf of Arkansas. I believe josh was politically involved to at much lower levels but I dunno the details

i really don't recommend reading further and learning of what exactly he had because its extremely grim

nut
Jul 30, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trN122LbnWA

it's this one, right?

guess I know what I'm watching this weekend

ya, you should mentally prepare for Alex Jones appearing completely rational and tame as he is interviewed throughout. He doesn't actually add anything to the documentary but I'm guessing at the time of filming he had more credibility than now

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
also would like to note that Wendy Painting is not the director of that. it was another dude but they had collaborated

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
also didn’t know where else to comment on this but think this thread would appreciate t

was browsing that closed Duggar thread and lol that numerous people at the end posting “but I though it was super hard to track the dark web and tor” and I just imagine the Jordan peele sweating gif.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Danger posted:

also didn’t know where else to comment on this but think this thread would appreciate t

was browsing that closed Duggar thread and lol that numerous people at the end posting “but I though it was super hard to track the dark web and tor” and I just imagine the Jordan peele sweating gif.

or this:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lmao

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Digiwizzard posted:

The thing 9/11 conspiracies I never understand is the discrepancy between hyper competent plotters who could make sure things are covered up for decades in service to a plan that's completely retarded and nonsensical.

If they meticulously organised every detail behind the scenes and dripfeed all the information to the public then why would you not just say that Iraq conclusively did it instead of complicating things with a Saudi failson. Why the endless stumbling and dithering and invention of WMD bullshit. You can say "oh they're just very incompetent" but if they're that incompetent surely something would have leaked by now.

There were a bunch of discrepancies that just kind of got papered over, what are those if not fuckups? Building 7 just kind of fell over without any planes or big chunks of debris hitting in. That’s kind of a major oversight, no? Enough institutions are willing to call you crazy if you talk about it, and 9/11 conspiracies are gloomed into by enough actual Qanon-lizard people-crazies that most reasonable people don’t want to engage with it.

If footage had come out of Dick Cheney in his little bunker controlling planes with little RC remotes, they’d come out with a reasonable explanation, call anyone talking about it crazy, and the result would have been the same.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I do wonder that regardless of whatever actually happened, if the story that the CIA did 9/11 is probably better for the CIA than the story that they got owned so bad that CIA networks were used to facilitate 9/11 without Langley’s approval.

Better to be seen as evil and competent than incompetent if you’re trying to rule by fear.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

nut posted:

ya, you should mentally prepare for Alex Jones appearing completely rational and tame as he is interviewed throughout. He doesn't actually add anything to the documentary but I'm guessing at the time of filming he had more credibility than now

i mean at the absolute least hes a primary witness. 1000% more reason than usual to record him talking

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

:hmbol:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

delicious phrasing

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

what about asses

e: lol i only now realized the implication *dennis from always sunny stare*

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1390472663500562432?s=20

Melinda don't go on any yacht trips

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

[Melindaishly] I warned you about Jeff! I warned you bro!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Even funnier when you remember that breast size and brain development are very highly positively correlated.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

StratGoatCom posted:

As an aside, I really don't think 'cabal' is the right word for the Epstein lot - I'd use 'clique', it's really like, 5 or 7 separate cabals jockeying for influence and power, plus the occasional 'small differences making vast rifts' fight on ideology. Epstein was just a power player in all of them.

The Syndikate

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

gh0stpinballa posted:

The Syndikate
Syndikkkate

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

StratGoatCom posted:

As an aside, I really don't think 'cabal' is the right word for the Epstein lot - I'd use 'clique', it's really like, 5 or 7 separate cabals jockeying for influence and power, plus the occasional 'small differences making vast rifts' fight on ideology. Epstein was just a power player in all of them.

the deep state

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Tubgoat posted:

Even funnier when you remember that breast size and brain development are very highly positively correlated.

really? real life experience seems to be that it's not particularly correlated or if it is the effect is very small

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Tubgoat posted:

"Very highly" sounds like an exaggeration. I could see them both being correlated to a third factor like childhood nutrition, though.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Chamale posted:

"Very highly" sounds like an exaggeration. I could see them both being correlated to a third factor like childhood nutrition, though.
Basically, yes.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Big boobs = big brain, got it!

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Hello ladies, I'm a sapiosexual :smug:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Tubgoat posted:

ah, explains why i'm dumb as a rock and flat as a board

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Nice try, but it's impossible to be interested in real life conspiracy poo poo and be unintelligent (different from stupid, which we all are).

Edit: *part of a circle, chanting* "Dumb as a rock, flat as a board, dumb as a rock, flat as a board~"

Tubgoat has issued a correction as of 04:13 on May 8, 2021

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the size of my moobs belie the the breadth of my intellect

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
while you were studying the blade, I was studying the boob

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
found a guy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

also I’m incredibly perplexed by this kid, some pretty boy influencer who also incidentally has a lot of opinions about foreign intervention in Syria and elsewhere and looks like he has his own NGO aimed against “authoritarianism” 👁

Mind you here he’s quoted on a Dailybeast article regarding actor LaKeith Stanfield allowing antisemitism within a chat room on a fairly exclusive social media app that’s invite only and as of late seemingly only used by celebrities and various online influencers. Daily Beast of course being at times a DNC mouthpiece.

interesting follower count for a post count you could use all your fingers for

As I said, he even has his own NGO.

Maybe he’s some insane self promoter with money to spare but this is loving weird.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

V. Illych L. posted:

the deep state

Perry Mason Jar posted:

the pedophile-military-intelligence-industrial-serial killer complex

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Tubgoat posted:

oh hell yeah

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1390814046023208962

nut
Jul 30, 2019

oh sorry that wasn't a rainbow it's a ranking of my favourite chemical agents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I did an audible "WHAT THE gently caress" when he brought up the curated CIA boardgame collection.

google Volko Ruhnke