Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

These movies/TV shows are marketed towards adults as much as kids if not moreso these days. We also have a few examples of gory superhero movies like Deadpool or Logan or crazy violent TV superhero shows like The Boys

The next step is superhero dong in the MCU

They're marketed to the broadest audience possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Collapsing Farts posted:

These movies/TV shows are marketed towards adults as much as kids if not moreso these days. We also have a few examples of gory superhero movies like Deadpool or Logan or crazy violent TV superhero shows like The Boys

The next step is superhero dong in the MCU

Technically we have seen Caps dong.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Zil posted:

Technically we have seen Caps dong.

Don't you mean "America's Dong"? Or is that still Florida in the MCU?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They’re PG-13 mass-market crowd pleasers that are also heavily marketed to kids and families, so I’ve never understood the complaint that MCU films are “neutered” or sexless. What exactly do you expect?

It’s extremely weird to constantly be asked to fawn over bulging sweaty muscles and to be shown the literal hottest people in human history over and over, and also to have all the characters (Steve, Widow, Banner, Peter) constantly talking about love and relationships and stuff and then to never go anywhere with it, to say nothing of America’s cultural obsession with hyper violence while maintaining that sexual intimacy of any kind is still a major taboo.

This fear of sex is also the reason we can’t just have Gay Capt. Marvel, because the only way to have that would be to sexualize the platonic relationship we were given in her movie in no uncertain terms. It’s not wrong to want a strong lesbian hero. We didn’t even need sex, we just needed intimacy, a sunset smooch, holding hands at the park, lots of little touches to show that these ladies, uh, TOUCH each other, without having to show them in bed.

It really came to a head for me with WandaVision, because they were able to actually find a way to skip the question of sex entirely while still giving Wanda a family, truly the most insane hoops imaginable to avoid having to represent Wanda and Vision as lovers.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
How would that even work? Does Vision even have a dick?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Thundercracker posted:

Do you think the only way for people to have sex is with a penis? What do you think sex is?

Edit: Ok, imagine a robot that can remotely hack and take over any electronic device with a microchip. Then imagine we live in a magic fantasy universe where people have invented electronic devices that sexually pleasure them... then take those two ideas and see if there is any overlap between them.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Vision do be having a dick and his cum is nanomachines

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's heavily implied that Vision and Wanda have sex.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Do you think the only way for people to have sex is with a penis? What do you think sex is?

Edit: Ok, imagine a robot that can remotely hack and take over any electronic device with a microchip. Then imagine we live in a magic fantasy universe where people have invented electronic devices that sexually pleasure them... then take those two ideas and see if there is any overlap between them.

I'm not talking about sex, but baby making. Can Vision make babies?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Thundercracker posted:

I'm not talking about sex, but baby making. Can Vision make babies?

Vision does not have DNA, so no, he could not make babies.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Thundercracker posted:

Well, we know that Whedon wanted him to have one.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Ultron was in love with Wanda too so he could've made preparations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
He's Vision, not Fuckin'.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Vision does not have DNA, so no, he could not make babies.

Doesn't he have like some kinda bioprinter in the comics?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Here's some proper MCU content to stimulate discussion

https://twitter.com/tevruden/status/1390865694401630209

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Argue posted:

Here's some proper MCU content to stimulate discussion

https://twitter.com/tevruden/status/1390865694401630209

Once you get that Bugs Bunny is an even crazier god than Thanos, it works.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly sincerely what is even the difference between Bugs Bunny and Loki?

Oh poo poo I just realized that Loki's godking armor is just Elmer Fudd's armor from the Opera cartoon and I'm lmao

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

Honestly sincerely what is even the difference between Bugs Bunny and Loki?

Bugs cross-dresses more often?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Everyone posted:

Bugs cross-dresses more often?
I don't think I'd go with that, no.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bust Rodd posted:

are you okay bust rodd

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Bust wants Vision's Rodd; he's clearly given this a great deal of thought.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonz posted:

Dark Avengers, directed by Gaspar Noe.

I don't think they're going to put Hank Pym beating his wife in a Marvel movie.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Jedit posted:

I don't think they're going to put Hank Pym beating his wife in a Marvel movie.

Go "The Ultimates" route, and have Hank be brow-beaten by Janet, who is physically abusive to him as well if I recall.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

Doctor Nutt posted:

If it weren't for the violence and language, they'd all be G-rated; their characters are so chaste and sexless.

e: I guess the first couple Iron Man movies do position Tony Stark as a bona-fied sex haver, but honestly that only makes it stand out more looking back on the evolution of the MCU tbh

The first Thor also has NatPo and Kat Dennings drooling over shirtless Hemsworth. However modern Marvel films are made by the Military-Industrial complex for children, femcels, and hyperestrogenic men so sex would only frighten and turn off their fanbase and undermine the intended propaganda.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

tsob posted:

Go "The Ultimates" route, and have Hank be brow-beaten by Janet, who is physically abusive to him as well if I recall.

Don't ever go full "The Ultimates."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Vision do be having a dick and his cum is nanomachines

So Billy and Tommy are thus nanomachine sons? :haw:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
"things need to show sex so that it's more adult" is like the most childish thing lmao

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Bleck posted:

"things need to show sex so that it's more adult" is like the most childish thing lmao

Exactly. I have no problem with relative sexlessness in the MCU when on the other end of the spectrum you have poo poo like GoT with it's pointless gratuity that makes it as awkward to watch as stumbling into a sad Dungeons and Dragons nerd's spank bank folder. The fact that people in the Marvel universe have children is evidence enough that sex exists there.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They’re PG-13 mass-market crowd pleasers that are also heavily marketed to kids and families, so I’ve never understood the complaint that MCU films are “neutered” or sexless. What exactly do you expect?

Name literally any single action movie before the MCU. That's what we mean. Pirates of the Caribbean is a great example

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The introduction of the Fantastic Four will be a shot for shot remake of The Shape of Water with Namor.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lid posted:

The introduction of the Fantastic Four will be a shot for shot remake of The Shape of Water with Namor.

What role does the Thing play?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Spacebump posted:

What role does the Thing play?

Reed swears he'll change him back.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Alternatively

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x35vwdl

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018
X-Men (2000) had plenty of sexual tension between Wolverine and Jean Grey, with the clear attendant threat of cuckolding Cyclops, while also using the sexual uncertainties of puberty as part of the reason Rogue runs away from Xavier's school which kicks off the entire third act. Spiderman (2002) has the upside-down kiss in the rain between Spiderman and MJ which became a widespread cultural meme for a while. Daredevil (2003) has an actual PG-13 sex scene between Daredevil and Electra. The first Iron Man (2008) has Tony actively seducing and sleeping with a journalist, living as a playboy, and romantic tension with Pepper. I already mentioned Thor (2011) indulging in Hemsworth's physique. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) similarly has romantic and sexual tension between Steve and Peggy. The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) is primarily driven by the Peter-Gwen relationship, especially the desire to supplant her father as her primary male relationship.

But as the 2000s and 2010s went on, Marvel (and thus the Disney corporation, and thus the organized web of corporate power plus the military industrial complex plus the security state which we can just call the Empire) deliberately reduced the amount of sexuality and romance in their films. Why? What are they trying to communicate? What type of person are they trying to build?

Consider also that Pepper is around 44 to 46 in Infinity War and denies being pregnant when asked. There's plenty of reason to believe that a phenomenally wealthy older person would choose to have a surrogate for their child, so sex is only distantly involved in that. Instead, we see the export of literal reproductive labor onto a faceless and dispossessed person. The ultimate Disney-person, homo disney, doesn't have sex even to create children. They recruit a poor woman (or birthing person, womb-haver, womboid) to do it for them.

ANOTHER SCORCHER fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 8, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whelp, see you all when Loki premieres.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So what everyone is after is a repeat of the calendar girl sequence but with Steve and Carter

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

hahaha wtf this thread

STAC Goat posted:

Whelp, see you all when Loki premieres.

I've been temped of removing this thread's bookmark lmao

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

X-Men (2000) had plenty of sexual tension between Wolverine and Jean Grey, with the clear attendant threat of cuckolding Cyclops, while also using the sexual uncertainties of puberty as part of the reason Rogue runs away from Xavier's school which kicks off the entire third act. Spiderman (2002) has the upside-down kiss in the rain between Spiderman and MJ which became a widespread cultural meme for a while. Daredevil (2003) has an actual PG-13 sex scene between Daredevil and Electra. The first Iron Man (2008) has Tony actively seducing and sleeping with a journalist, living as a playboy, and romantic tension with Pepper. I already mentioned Thor (2011) indulging in Hemsworth's physique. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) similarly has romantic and sexual tension between Steve and Peggy. The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) is primarily driven by the Peter-Gwen relationship, especially the desire to supplant her father as her primary male relationship.

But as the 2000s and 2010s went on, Marvel (and thus the Disney corporation, and thus the organized web of corporate power plus the military industrial complex plus the security state which we can just call the Empire) deliberately reduced the amount of sexuality and romance in their films. Why? What are they trying to communicate? What type of person are they trying to build?

Consider also that Pepper is around 44 to 46 in Infinity War and denies being pregnant when asked. There's plenty of reason to believe that a phenomenally wealthy older person would choose to have a surrogate for their child, so sex is only distantly involved in that. Instead, we see the export of literal reproductive labor onto a faceless and dispossessed person. The ultimate Disney-person, homo disney, doesn't have sex even to create children. They recruit a poor woman (or birthing person, womb-haver, womboid) to do it for them.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Sir or Ma’am, this is a Denny’s. Families eat here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

ANOTHER DONGER