Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Judakel posted:

https://twitter.com/YungYinkv/status/1390768486679470081

honestly i didn't see it coming. at all, really. particularly because he worked with boots riley. oh no boots no no no no

drat who's gonna be the next star from Sorry To Bother You to turn out to be a nut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

quote:

Although not quite an apology, Stanfield’s response was well-received within the room, with many thanking him for coming back and explaining himself. The Daily Beast has also learned that the Institute for Black Solidarity with Israel reached out to Stanfield, offering to have a private conversation to educate him further on the topic.

lol

gonna pull a Mel Gibson and just become ardently pro-Israeli to make up for being an ardent anti-Semite

also I’m incredibly perplexed by this kid, some pretty boy influencer who also incidentally has a lot of opinions about foreign intervention in Syria and elsewhere and looks like he has his own NGO aimed against “authoritarianism” 👁

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 04:34 on May 8, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

lol

gonna pull a Mel Gibson and just become ardently pro-Israeli to make up for being an ardent anti-Semite

also I’m incredibly perplexed by this kid, some pretty boy influencer who also incidentally has a lot of opinions about foreign intervention in Syria and elsewhere and looks like he has his own NGO aimed against “authoritarianism” 👁

the khive dipshits love him

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

drat, Sorry To Bother You and the Fred Hampton movie were good

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
wow it's almost like actors are rich narcissistic idiots and not political exemplars

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

just heard a gang of four song in a tiffany commercial

depressing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Judakel posted:

honestly i didn't see it coming. at all, really. particularly because he worked with boots riley. oh no boots no no no no

The African American community is being corrupted and radicalized by conspiracies just as much as white people.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Wonder what he thought about being in Uncut Gems.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

wow it's almost like actors are rich narcissistic idiots and not political exemplars

No they are our friends and they love us

Just like Zorro

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNBusiness/status/1390215026364108802

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

First her husband, now she murders the planet

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

buying and selling with scat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

buying and selling with scat

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Judakel posted:

I can't believe Jeremy Corbyn would do this

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
jeremieth

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Exterminate all the Brutes is so good. Raoul Peck has the perfect voice for narration

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So how bad was SNL last night?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

KomradeX posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Started watching invincible last night. Pretty good so far, the only thing that bugs me is they try a little too hard to get cute with the title card by having someone lead into saying the word invincible but showing the title instead of hearing the word, and it's super corny. The worst was during a funeral scene, it's all somber and the protagonist himself goes "I guess it goes to show none of us are--" INVINCIBLE title card. I don't think it was meant to be funny but i laughed

We're on episode 4 and my current theory is Omniman's race are more like Saiyans (ie planetary conquerors) than some shining beacon of hope, and he's preparing to rule the planet himself. No idea what robots deal is, he seemed like the best/goodest character until he let those clone dudes out for some reason

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

KomradeX posted:

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1391267749561872390?s=20

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

It's so much worse than i expected

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. Thr funniest thing SNL has done in my life time

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/OughtaBeBen/status/1391293820839636993?s=20

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Why do I feel like Elon's self diagnosed

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

elon didn't spend eight years completing a four year degree for you to call him neurotypical

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Started watching invincible last night. Pretty good so far, the only thing that bugs me is they try a little too hard to get cute with the title card by having someone lead into saying the word invincible but showing the title instead of hearing the word, and it's super corny. The worst was during a funeral scene, it's all somber and the protagonist himself goes "I guess it goes to show none of us are--" INVINCIBLE title card. I don't think it was meant to be funny but i laughed

This is easily my least favourite part of the show, too.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

No, it was definitely a joke, just kind an award one. I think the title card is the writers trying to highlight the absurd contrast between the Sliver Age comic book setting of the of the show and the ultraviolence of the actual superhero fights.

It doesn't quite work because Robert Kirkman wasn't trying to make a commentary on this when he wrote Invincible in the early 00's; he was just throwing everything into the pot he thought was cool at the time and stirring.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Twister popped up on HBO so I finally watched it to get the choice Succ Zone references. Aside from that, it's a perfect time capsule of painful 90s rock music and has a tremendous roster of nerd actor types. All of the good guy scientists are super psyched to be there in every scene– they absolutely refuse to stop smiling. It felt like 1/5 of the movie is just aerial flybys but I guess that's okay for the context. The cinematography in it is great, I still love that trademark Jan de Bont look. well, that's my Twister review, thanks for reading

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Twister owns

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I couldn't get over the bad animation to carry on with Invincible.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

western "gaijin" animation is pretty bad in general. i just hate the sorta batman/DC look everything has
nothing on the level of mob psycho or something

spiderverse is probably the best recent one i can think and personally i wasn't a huge fan since the faces were boring and they need a better gpu cause it only ran at like 7fps???
good soundtrack though

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The animation is cheap but aight. The fights are pretty good at least

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

some people linked to examples of good animation in the invincible thread and drat some of those animes are animated extremely well in comparison, that along with the seemingly endless supply of it makes me wish i liked anime

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Communist Thoughts posted:

nothing on the level of mob psycho or something

There's nothing on the level of mob psycho anywhere except mob psycho. And the first season of One Punch Man, I guess. But that's it.

Not a fair comparison, really.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wheeee posted:

some people linked to examples of good animation in the invincible thread and drat some of those animes are animated extremely well in comparison, that along with the seemingly endless supply of it makes me wish i liked anime

Just watch Mob Psycho, don't bother with any of the other stuff.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i haven't seen an episode in 25 years but i remember the animated batman on WB was really well done

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
There's plenty of examples of good and crap animation whether it comes from the Occident or the Orient.

Wheeee posted:

makes me wish i liked anime

If you have problems with the entire artistic output of a region solely because of where it comes from that's a you problem

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

There's plenty of examples of good and crap animation whether it comes from the Occident or the Orient.

If you have problems with the entire artistic output of a region solely because of where it comes from that's a you problem

i dont disagree with the sentiment of what you said but saying anime is the "entire artistic output" of japan is laughably wrong

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Zerilan posted:

Just watch Mob Psycho, don't bother with any of the other stuff.

Eizouken is super good, and really well animated and all round good as hech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mandatory lesbian posted:

i dont disagree with the sentiment of what you said but saying anime is the "entire artistic output" of japan is laughably wrong

Animated style, however you wanna put it, you know what i mean. And I'm including other countries besides Japan too