Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Astonishing that football fans appear to have made the correct choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

your friend wicka posted:

Astonishing that legacy fans appear to have made the correct choice.

fixed that for you

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Arsenal's board of directors right now: Me stakeholders!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Honestly if there was a 24/7 football fan riot channel I would watch it.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I think the Turkish and Russian leagues already have channel packages

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Inject early 2000s league 2 directly into my brain

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

I think the Turkish and Russian leagues already have channel packages

I was on the stands for this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2E2O2Htgrs

I remember my dad was throwing poo poo too

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

youd do a lot of things

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it would own. Supporters doing any wild poo poo, tbh

my MLS side had a match against a Mexican team the other day and the traveling support lit off a ton of flares and firecrackers in the supporter section and I was so, so jealous. I miss flares and smoke and general fuckery.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

WATCH AT MUTV.COM

Get closer with instant access to MUTV's live shows and on-demand programmes

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/uefa/status/1390715573223493636?s=21

https://twitter.com/uefa/status/1390715575748411392?s=21

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

* as a gesture of goodwill, and together with the other clubs, will make a donation totalling an aggregate of €15 million, to be used for the benefit of children, youth and grassroots football in local communities across Europe, including the UK
* will be subject to the withholding of 5% of the revenues they would have received from UEFA club competitions for one season, which will be redistributed
* agree to have substantial fines imposed if they seek to play in such an unauthorised competition (€100 million) or if they breach any other commitment they have entered into in the Club Commitment Declaration (€50 million)

lol nice

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

vyelkin posted:

* will be subject to the withholding of 5% of the revenues they would have received from UEFA club competitions for one season, which will be redistributed

So Arsenal's good, yeah?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

reminder that none of that involves juve, real and barca, who are still putting their fingers in their ears and pretending it will happen

lol that uefa are setting up to see how long they hold out and then arranging a public shoe beating

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

reminder that none of that involves juve, real and barca, who are still putting their fingers in their ears and pretending it will happen

lol that uefa are setting up to see how long they hold out and then arranging a public shoe beating

Real and Barca are hosed lol

Like, they've gone all in on the ESL hosed. Their finances are an embarrassment, Barca's especially, if they end up losing CL revenue as well it's a really bleak outlook.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1390951200636522497
They're threatening the other 9 clubs that went crawling back to UEFA lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

”Superleague” posted:

with the utmost respect for the current football structures and ecosystem. The founding clubs expressly agreed that the Super League would only take place if such a competition was recognised by UEFA and/or FIFA or if, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, it was deemed to be a competition duly compatible for all purposes with the continuity of the founding clubs in their respective domestic competitions. However, despite being aware of the above terms, UEFA and FIFA have so far refused to establish any adequate channel of communication.

that don’t make no sense

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

They're basically saying "you can't sanction us because we technically only agreed to breakaway if we could get away with it. Since we didn't get away with it, we never actually broke away, so we've not actually done anything wrong to be sanctioned for."

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

trem_two posted:

The story from the NYT is that there's basically nothing in the contract that would worry the other nine - if the ESL had started they'd have to pay something like £100m to back out, but it requires it to be an active thing that exists, and there's a specific escape clause that a certain number of teams have to sign off on it in the summer for it to actually go ahead

Latest rumour is that Real, Barca and Juve are going to be banned from Europe until Arsenal get back in for two years

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Latest rumour is that Real, Barca and Juve are going to be banned from Europe until Arsenal get back in for two years

This would be funny. On one hand, UEFA probably don't have the balls, on the other, everyone can see those 3 aren't exactly the draw for armchair fans they were a few years ago.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
It's unfortunate that they can't kick Real out of this year's CL anymore because Real took care of it themselves

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The story from the NYT is that there's basically nothing in the contract that would worry the other nine - if the ESL had started they'd have to pay something like £100m to back out, but it requires it to be an active thing that exists, and there's a specific escape clause that a certain number of teams have to sign off on it in the summer for it to actually go ahead

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

clown poo poo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sounds like UEFA are going to announce their punishment against Barca, Juve and Madrid the day after the CL final

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Latest rumour is that Real, Barca and Juve are going to be banned from Europe for two years.

They should do this literally.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm expecting another €100m to be found under a pillow by Perez to help finance next season without CL that definitely didn't come from the Spanish government.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The Kingfish posted:

that don’t make no sense

Surely it directly undermines their argument that nobody who has signed up can leave. If they only contractually agreed to go ahead in the event that FIFA/UEFA allowed it, and it's not been allowed, then there's no agreement to go ahead with the breakaway

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

trem_two posted:

Sounds like UEFA are going to announce their punishment against Barca, Juve and Madrid the day after the CL final

What are the chances this actually sticks and not overturned in court?

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What are the chances this actually sticks and not overturned in court?

Existing cartel invokes anti-cartel law against proposed cartel

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

If Milan win tomorrow it’s going to look like some galaxy brain poo poo from Agnelli “cant kick us out if we don’t qualify :smuggo:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

If Milan win tomorrow it’s going to look like some galaxy brain poo poo from Agnelli “cant kick us out if we don’t qualify :smuggo:

It'd also give him an excuse to keep Pirlo as manager to save some cash

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
I find it weird that Barcelona is mentioned together with Real and Juventus when they've explicitly said their participation in ESL was dependent on the socios vote, which hasn't happened yet, and Laporta apparently tipped of Tebas about ESL plans anyway.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's because they haven't said they're out, op

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
Well, they're saying they've never been in. That + Bartomeu laying the groundwork is the perfect excuse for Laporta obviously.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1391742528039407621?s=21

I still can’t believe the Super League is bringing so much joy to so many people, yet here we are

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

:gizz::gizz:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

chaoslord posted:

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1391742528039407621?s=21

I still can’t believe the Super League is bringing so much joy to so many people, yet here we are

loving Christ just swallow your pride you morons

also lol sup slord

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

:guillotine:

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1392435472585170950?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012