Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/Fiend4FolIows/status/1390693353021485062?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Rarity posted:

I am very excited to see Miro murder a man on live TV next week :)

'the man who's not afraid to die vs. the man who doesnt mind killing him' line was incredible

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/GlobalForceGold/status/1390355680230400002

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Vince's weird lean he keeps doing was reminding me of something and I finally figured out what it was

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
wwf was in such dire straits back then vince couldn't even afford a tailor

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Look keeping macho man in ridiculous outfits isn't cheap

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

mallratcal posted:

When do the Dinks show up?

When you close your eyes and think you're safe.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/TheEmilJay/status/1391103139890278405?s=19

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Look keeping macho man in ridiculous outfits isn't cheap

I do want to know who made all of Macho Man's stuff. They deserve to be in the prestigious WWE Hall of Fame that has no actual location.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

(Incidentally, Orange Cassidy and PAC are wrestling on next week's Dynamite to see who challenges Kenny Omega for the title at the next PPV (it's gonna be Orange Cassidy))

But my little british friend :(

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Grem posted:

I do want to know who made all of Macho Man's stuff. They deserve to be in the prestigious WWE Hall of Fame that has no actual location.

The A&E Macho Man documentary covers it well. He paid for his own outfits.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I wondered about that, too. Thanks for the info!

Also, I bought this book used on Amazon because it promised a VISUAL GLOSSARY OF EVER WRESTLING MOVE but instead it contains NO GLOSSARY OF ANY WRESTLING MOVES!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SilverAgeTV/status/1392141558636498945

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Eclipse12 posted:

Also, I bought this book used on Amazon because it promised a VISUAL GLOSSARY OF EVER WRESTLING MOVE but instead it contains NO GLOSSARY OF ANY WRESTLING MOVES!

Vince McMahon reviews each angle, match, and book that the WWE produces, to ensure that each one makes wrestling fans as miserable as possible.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Eclipse12 posted:

That sounds like something produced by WWE alright. What does it have in it?

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Vince McMahon reviews each angle, match, and book that the WWE produces, to ensure that each one makes wrestling fans as miserable as possible.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That sounds like something produced by WWE alright. What does it have in it?

If it's what I'm thinking of, there's probably an entry for Scotty Goldman :lol:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Jeff: if you’re reading this, should hire Eclipse12 to front page this poo poo.

quote:

With the purchase of the website by Jeff, one of the burning questions has been: what about the front page?

Well we are proud to announce its relaunch by the summer.

All interested in writing for us will need to send me the following to fluffdaddy@somethingawful.com

-A Pitch for a single article or ongoing column.
-A writing sample, be it a web page or an unpublished sample.
-Your Rate, whether its flat rate or per word. We want to be open and fair about our price negotiations.

Do NOT send me whole articles. A sample or previous published work will suffice.

I also don't want photoshop phriday style ideas or listicles, but original, funny content.

Again thats fluffdaddy@somethingawful.com

drat, you had some good timing on that, The Rabbi T. White!

Sent in my resume, application, and list of refences translation: I wrote a poorly-worded email

Wish me luck!!

I'll do another Raw Report this week, I'm so excited!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Eclipse12 posted:

drat, you had some good timing on that, The Rabbi T. White!

Sent in my resume, application, and list of refences translation: I wrote a poorly-worded email

Wish me luck!!

I'll do another Raw Report this week, I'm so excited!

Poorly worded email is perfect. Just make sure the link to this thread is correct and it’ll speak volumes. Jeff do the thing.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I laugh and look forward to every single Raw Report. That's much more I can say about the front page in a long long time.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not to be the party pooper, I'd love to see Raw Reports on the front page, WWE just seems like the kind of company that wouldn't look kindly upon so many screenshots of THEIR PROPERTY being shared. Probably be alright, just saying though.

Heh. The Party Pooper sounds like a 90s WWF gimmick.

e: picturing backstage vignettes where say Farooq looks into his gym bag and goes drat and the guy in his party hat is sniggering in the background looking on from around the corner

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My Lovely Horse posted:

Not to be the party pooper, I'd love to see Raw Reports on the front page, WWE just seems like the kind of company that wouldn't look kindly upon so many screenshots of THEIR PROPERTY being shared. Probably be alright, just saying though.

I'd back Leonard J. Crabbs over Jerry McDevitt any day

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Holy poo poo watching the second part of the Brian Pillman Dark Side of the Ring and Vince is the worst person alive. gently caress that old wanker.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 12, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
yeah i had to stop watching and take a moment when the entire thing after Pillman's death started coming out

i knew it already, but to hear it and see it is something else

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Holy poo poo watching the second part of the Brian Pillman Dark Side of the Ring and Vince is the worst person alive. gently caress that old oval office.

Yeah, Vince plays a good comic book villain on TV because he's a comic book villain IRL

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I haven't been watching Dark Side because it just looks SO dark and bleak and painful to watch. I need more happiness in my life. Wrestling is an escape for me. Like, I know there's bad poo poo and sometimes I just want to leave it at that. I don't need everything completely sanitized, but I don't want to spend long periods of time just learning about the worst poo poo that can be dug up.

On that note, how are the Biography series?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I thought the brawl-for-all episode of dark side might be the most watchable because it was titled "the worst idea in the history of pro wrestling" but I just watched it and it's still sad. typical lovely backstage carny bullshit and people getting hurt
it's insane how sinister vince mcmahon comes off just from the way people talk about him, off-hand remarks about him smiling at weird times, bart gunn knowing he's in trouble when jim ross tells him "no hard feelings"

but it was pretty funny watching vince russo being all :buddy: while literally everybody else is going :cripes: :baduk: and yosemite sam jim cornette is shouting about murdering him with a baseball bat

at least no one died

Cubone fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 12, 2021

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Okay, I'm curious about that one now

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The whole idea of a wrestling company booking their talent in a legit fighting tournament, still wanting one particular guy to win, and punishing the one who defeated him by booking him against a trained fighter is basically the essence of WWE.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Vince Russo is dumb as poo poo. There are a lot of dumb people in wrestling, but he's really really dumb.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Vince Russo is dumb as poo poo. There are a lot of dumb people in wrestling, but he's really really dumb.

I always want to give him the benefit of the doubt just because he's been so vilified, but he really is pretty dang stupid

ALTHOUGH
Deadly Game was one of the best-booked tournaments in wrestling and I'm prepared to fight about it

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I mostly watch Darkside of the Ring in chunks because it gets too depressing to sit for an entire episode.

The Life and Crimes of New Jack bucked that trend as it was just insane with him doing coke and trying to murder people in the ring.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

dark side of the ring might lend itself well to a book club/watch party style discussion

like "ok this week we'll watch the macho man and liz episode" kind of thing

just a thought

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Cubone posted:

dark side of the ring might lend itself well to a book club/watch party style discussion

like "ok this week we'll watch the macho man and liz episode" kind of thing

just a thought

It’s a good thought, so long as people are given plenty of time to watch the episodes. Watching them in chunks seems to soften the blow a bit.

Also sorry mods for my use of that word in the previous post. I have edited it out. I am from NZ, it is cultural and I keep forgetting that it is against the rules. :/

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cubone posted:

but it was pretty funny watching vince russo being all :buddy: while literally everybody else is going :cripes: :baduk: and yosemite sam jim cornette is shouting about murdering him with a baseball bat

As much as Russo sucks, there's one part that always bugged me about that episode.

Cornette: "You idiot! Your stupid idea injured and ruined Steve Williams!"

Russo: "Why don't we at least try pushing Bart Gunn, the winner of the tournament?"

Cornette: "I WILL KILL YOU!"

And like... that isn't a legitimate answer to the question. There are many reasons why a Bart Gunn push might not have worked, but it came off like nobody even considered the possibility to begin with when it's the most logical poo poo ever.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

What is Jim Cornette’s problem, anyway? Is he just hosed up in every single way, yet somehow managed to avoid Chud-dom?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Cornette is absolutely a chud boomer

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Cornette hates Trump and is not a chud by any means.

He is a ranting, crazy old nutjob though with a slew of bad/problematic opinions.

His "deal" is mostly 1. insisting that Real Wrestling stopped in like the eighties and modern wrestling is trash and 2. wishing death on those that disagree with/annoy him

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Jim Cornette's middle name is "Mark." Makes u think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Gavok posted:

Russo: "Why don't we at least try pushing Bart Gunn, the winner of the tournament?"

Cornette: "I WILL KILL YOU!"
lmao

I strongly get the impression it was a "no adults in the room" situation
it doesn't make sense but McMahon and his dudes resented Gunn for winning so it just wasn't on the table
Gunn certainly seemed to think so